Chrono Trigger (DS) $13.20 Amazon

Thanks OP! In for one. Been a long time since I've played this game and that price is just too good to pass up.

P.S: Loveless is an amazing album. Good taste sir/madam

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']I don't even have a DS and I'm tempted to buy at this price.[/QUOTE]

Me too... I did have one for like several days then I sold it.

hmmm wut to do

[quote name='FeralWraith']At this price, if you like rpgs and don't get it, you have no soul.[/QUOTE]

Nuff said.

I'm in.

If you find one at Toys R' Us it might be $10 which is what I paid for mine. Yes, top 5 RPGs of all time in my book.

Cant decide if I want it.

Ive got my snes version and played it enough I know the thing inside and out and have it on the compilation for playstation. Id like to play it, just not sure if it would be worth it for me.

[quote name='gargus']Cant decide if I want it.

Ive got my snes version and played it enough I know the thing inside and out and have it on the compilation for playstation. Id like to play it, just not sure if it would be worth it for me.[/QUOTE]

Dude. It's Chrono Trigger. AND YOU CAN TAKE IT ANYWHERE.

[quote name='yokofox33']I think it's about time I finally got this game. I still need a 12 dollar item to give me free shipping though.[/QUOTE]

Order 2!

[quote name='keithp']Order 2![/QUOTE]

I'm just gonna add more legacy games to the cart. Will pick up Chrono Cross and the FF Anthology as well. Gonna wait until my Amazon credit gets added to my account though. Hopefully the prices last until tomorrow.

[quote name='matters38']Thanks OP! In for one. Been a long time since I've played this game and that price is just too good to pass up.

P.S: Loveless is an amazing album. Good taste sir/madam[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much! Last year I was lucky enough to finally see MBV live, no one else makes noise sound so wonderful. Even though my ears kinda hurt after, it was worth it haha.

But if anyone is on the fence about Chrono, I encourage you to jump. Apparently this is the definitive version, a nearly perfect port of the SNES version with the small added features from the PS version. Although I never owned it on SNES, I played the heck out of it on PS and enjoyed all of it except for the random load screens, which is solved with the DS cart, woohoo!

I have Chrono Trigger for SNES.. The price is great, especially having such an epic game in the palm of your hand.. Wish they would do this with more classic games from the SNES era..

Is this a perfect port over? Are there any graphical or other enhancements?

[quote name='WebWizard']I have Chrono Trigger for SNES.. The price is great, especially having such an epic game in the palm of your hand.. Wish they would do this with more classic games from the SNES era..

Is this a perfect port over? Are there any graphical or other enhancements?[/QUOTE]

They changed some of the dialogue. They refer to Magus as "Fiendlord" in all instances instead of using his name like in the SNES version. That bothered me since I'm quite fond of "Magus."

As far as enhancements go, you do unlock photo galleries and the soundtrack and it has all the FMV from the PS1 port. There are also 2 additional quests but it has no bearing on the game's story. They are more like side missions.

and in case you are wondering, all of the new content are made by TOSE, just like every other Square Enix port.

Bummer on the Magus name swapping.. All the other things sound cool.. FMV from PS1..soundtrack and photo galleries.. It's sounds like they were trying to gather up everything Chrono Trigger and throw it into the game.. which i'm not going to complain about.. What about all of the multiple endings? Did they leave all of that intact, if anyone knows and or has played through more than once?

I still say the SNES version is the best, but the DS version is leaps and bounds better than the PS1 version. Being that a lot of gamers have long parted with their SNES's, this is your best bet right now, hands down.

[quote name='Kendro']They changed some of the dialogue. They refer to Magus as "Fiendlord" in all instances instead of using his name like in the SNES version. That bothered me since I'm quite fond of "Magus."[/QUOTE]

I haven't played the game in awhile but I thought he was called Magus.

Does Amazon still credit you some money if you ordered it earlier at a more expensive price? Forgot what it was called.

I ordered it during the DotD.

[quote name='Strider2K99']Does Amazon still credit you some money if you ordered it earlier at a more expensive price? Forgot what it was called.

I ordered it during the DotD.[/QUOTE]

They don't but you can try. If you buy a lot from them, mention that you're a regular, loyal customer. They might do it as a "one-time thing."

[quote name='icedrake523']They don't but you can try. If you buy a lot from them, mention that you're a regular, loyal customer. They might do it as a "one-time thing."[/QUOTE]

Eh, not worth it. It's a mere dollar and change, I'll pull that loyal customer card for when it's a big amount. ;)

Thanks for the reply.

[quote name='WebWizard']Bummer on the Magus name swapping.. All the other things sound cool.. FMV from PS1..soundtrack and photo galleries.. It's sounds like they were trying to gather up everything Chrono Trigger and throw it into the game.. which i'm not going to complain about.. What about all of the multiple endings? Did they leave all of that intact, if anyone knows and or has played through more than once?[/QUOTE]

They left the endings intact and have added a theater mode that lets you view the ones you've unlocked.

Great game!

Also watch ebay. I got a new copy of the first run that had the poster for 15$ and some change shipped just a couple of weeks ago.

[quote name='Kendro']They changed some of the dialogue. They refer to Magus as "Fiendlord" in all instances instead of using his name like in the SNES version. That bothered me since I'm quite fond of "Magus."

As far as enhancements go, you do unlock photo galleries and the soundtrack and it has all the FMV from the PS1 port. There are also 2 additional quests but it has no bearing on the game's story. They are more like side missions.[/QUOTE]

I'm playing it now, and Magus is still Magus in the DS version. This is the biggest steal on the DS at any price $20 or less. Worth every penny.

[quote name='karkyco']I'm playing it now, and Magus is still Magus in the DS version. This is the biggest steal on the DS at any price $20 or less. Worth every penny.[/QUOTE]

Yes his character is named Magus in the status screen. But don't the NPC's refer to him as Fiendlord? Like the soldiers and characters in towns?

[quote name='gargus']Cant decide if I want it.

Ive got my snes version and played it enough I know the thing inside and out and have it on the compilation for playstation. Id like to play it, just not sure if it would be worth it for me.[/QUOTE]

If it helps any, the DS version has all the FMVs and additions of the PS1 version BUT it doesn't have the long loading times. Also it has a couple of new dungeon areas and a multiplayer feature so I would say it is worth getting if you own a DS.

Whats with Amazons pricing.
Every few hours it seems this game changes in price from a few cents to several dollars...

[quote name='kiribee']Whats with Amazons pricing.
Every few hours it seems this game changes in price from a few cents to several dollars...[/QUOTE]

srsly, now it's $16.95

it's like they're taunting me for not buying it at $13.20! :(

bread's done
Back