Chrono Trigger (DS) - $19.99 - Official Price Drop

Any chance BB will restock Chrono Trigger before the DS sale ends? There's only one more store that has it in my area, but Hatsworth is sold out there and is available at another. Ugh.

[quote name='jello44']I wonder.. does Gamestop do price adjustments? I just got CT last week while they had the 20% DS coupon.[/QUOTE]

I HIGHLY doubt it.

[quote name='jello44']I wonder.. does Gamestop do price adjustments? I just got CT last week while they had the 20% DS coupon.[/QUOTE]

just return and rebuy, but you wont get the 20% off

[quote name='J7.']Does it come with any nice things like a map?[/QUOTE]

comes with a poster if you got the first print

[quote name='62t']comes with a poster if you got the first print[/QUOTE]

I'm curious: has anyone ever gotten the game without the poster? I feel like every copy I've ever seen of CT DS has had that "Poster Inside - First Run Only" sticker on it.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I wonder it'll rare soon or not?[/QUOTE]

We havent had a rare Square Enix game in a while, and they are in the habit of reprinting

[quote name='disillusion386']Any chance BB will restock Chrono Trigger before the DS sale ends? There's only one more store that has it in my area, but Hatsworth is sold out there and is available at another. Ugh.[/QUOTE]

Just pick up 3 games and then exchange one for Hatsworth or Chrono Trigger

[quote name='willardhaven']Even though I have this on SNES and PS1 I am considering picking this up.[/QUOTE]

I have it on both systems as well. I was about to replay this on my PS2, now I'm wondering should I just pick up the DS one and play it there.

Is DS one better then the PSX one? I can't see how it wouldn't be tho.

[quote name='Denbo32']I have it on both systems as well. I was about to replay this on my PS2, now I'm wondering should I just pick up the DS one and play it there.

Is DS one better then the PSX one? I can't see how it wouldn't be tho.[/QUOTE]

The #1 advantage of the DS version over the PSX is the elimination of loading times. It's just like playing on the SNES again.

I also like how this dual-screen port separates the visuals and the menus into separate halves (if you choose the option--you can revert to the original single-screen look).

This is awesome, but I bought a used one at exactly $20 last week. At least it was practically new.

The only problem I have with this game is that the font is a bit too small. If only it was "Fire Emblem" big.

Man what's taking so long for DQ5 to drop?!

[quote name='detectiveconan16']
Man what's taking so long for DQ5 to drop?![/QUOTE]

I've found myself wondering this as well. Keep in mind CT was released several months before DQV though, I'd expect that to drop down to $20 too eventually.

[quote name='fart_bubble']Just pick up 3 games and then exchange one for Hatsworth or Chrono Trigger[/QUOTE]
Assuming the discount is prorated among the 3 games, you would lose the discount on the game that you will be exchanging since BB will be charging you the current (full) price of Chrono Trigger at the time of exchange.

[quote name='eau']Assuming the discount is prorated among the 3 games, you would lose the discount on the game that you will be exchanging since BB will be charging you the current (full) price of Chrono Trigger at the time of exchange.[/QUOTE]

Actually, you're probably right. If the glitch is still happening when people buy their games, then I probably won't get a prorated price.

[quote name='eau']Assuming the discount is prorated among the 3 games, you would lose the discount on the game that you will be exchanging since BB will be charging you the current (full) price of Chrono Trigger at the time of exchange.[/QUOTE]

everytime I've bought during these sales (expect for TRU), its always had the games ring up full price with the free being 0.00

I was waiting for a good price drop so I could get this for my g/f (she needs to experience this game). In for one, thanks OP!

~HotShotX

I'm so glad I didn't bite when GameStop had that bogus Summer Sale or whatever it was. Definitely going in my collection.

I would consider buying filler and doing an exchange, but the only way to get the discount for a new game is if one of them was charged $0 and the others full price, with the returned game being one of the full price ones?

[quote name='disillusion386']Actually, you're probably right. If the glitch is still happening when people buy their games, then I probably won't get a prorated price.[/QUOTE]
what is the glitch?

Thanks for the tip, OP! I had purchased the game used at GS on the 2nd with the 20% off (and Edge) coupon, which was a pretty good deal at $20.02 after MD tax, but I was able to return and rebuy it today for $17.16 after MD tax. Nice!

Damn... picked it up a month and a half ago when it was at $30. I'd say I've gotten my money's worth though as this really is the best version of CT released to date.

[quote name='willardhaven']It would be the ideal version if it played on a TV.[/QUOTE]

Definitely agree on that! That's the one thing that makes me still prefer the SNES version. Sometimes I find myself wishing the DS had an out to TV for the upper screen. It wouldn't quite work for all games but would be useful for enough to make it a worthwhile purchase for me.

[quote name='jay-t']Damn... picked it up a month and a half ago when it was at $30. I'd say I've gotten my money's worth though as this really is the best version of CT released to date.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well, I bought it at release for $40 and haven't even opened it yet :cry:.

I gotta stop doing that (even though, yeah, it was in cheapo GS credit - but still I could have it for half the amount of cheapo GS credit now).

For somebody with only a mild interest in RPG's and a huge fan of Zelda games, should I go ahead and buy this? I've heard for years how great it is, but not sure if I would like it. And does the DS version have any new features that make it better or more enjoyable than the SNES version?

Bought CT used last week for $18.90 from GS with all the coupons and Edge. It was a 1st run copy with the poster and everything.

[quote name='DirkBelig']Bought CT used last week for $18.90 from GS with all the coupons and Edge. It was a 1st run copy with the poster and everything.[/QUOTE]

Really? That's amazing. Is there a label of some sort to indicate inclusion of the poster?

I already had a copy. But I went ahead and picked up the last copy at my local Best Buy. I'll probably pass it off to my friend or my brother as a birthday present. The Buy2Get1 free deal convinced me to go ahead and drop another $20. Picked it up with Henry Hatsworth, and Clubhouse Games. (both of which I had yet to acquire) Very satisfied picking up those three games for $40.

[quote name='MetalGearDraco']For somebody with only a mild interest in RPG's and a huge fan of Zelda games, should I go ahead and buy this? I've heard for years how great it is, but not sure if I would like it. And does the DS version have any new features that make it better or more enjoyable than the SNES version?[/QUOTE]

Not if you're expecting it to be much like Zelda. That said, its still absolutely worth playing, it's a classic. As for new features, people were mixed on the touch screen controls. I liked them, but they're optional anyway. The extra dungeons are kind of meh, and you'll probably skip the monster raising. The core experience remains amazing.

[quote name='ddrpower']Really? That's amazing. Is there a label of some sort to indicate inclusion of the poster?[/QUOTE]It was sheer luck finding a used copy with the case and manual, as well as the poster. What made it doubly hard was that I was trying to get TWEWY with a case and manual and most store had CT, but not TWEWY, or the latter didn't have the manual.

The ones with the poster have a black round sticker on the case that says something like "Limited Edition Poster Inside (1st Run)".

Broke down and purchased it 3 weeks ago before a trip, thankfully it's still in the return window so I qualify for the 110% price guarantee. :bouncy:

Hoping to pick this up today at TRU with the 15% coupon. Their website still says 29.99 though....

Well scratch that. Best Buy was sold out (so no B2G1) and our TRU is temporarily closed for some reason (so no 15% off coupon). Guess I'll just have to buy it by itself. Just hate to miss out on all these deals lol

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back