Chrono Trigger DS Thread - E3 Impressions Post #272

North American box art revealed:
http://member.square-enix.com/na/blog/2008/08/chrono-trigger-celebration-box.php

ct_pack.jpg

Awesome...especially since Marle never wears that much clothing in the entire game.

...Oh yeah, how did everyone pronounce "Marle?" I always just said "Mar-Lee."

[quote name='banpeikun']"Marle" is intended to rhyme with Carl. In Japanese it's Maaru (マール)[/quote]

I've always pronounced it that way.

Man, how come Marle is the one trying to look cool, but Frog is just sitting there, looking like he got his shit wrecked? Should be the other way around.

It looks like they're using the Arc Impulse triple tech, which has Marle powering up Crono's sword for some blue-flame spincut slash, which is then followed by Frog's Leap Slash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone knows that's the original boxart from the SNES version, right? As in, it's the same?

I seriously can't tell.

The Japanese boxart is worse. Way worse. Chibi Chrono? No ma'am.

[quote name='Strell']Everyone knows that's the original boxart from the SNES version, right? As in, it's the same?

I seriously can't tell.

The Japanese boxart is worse. Way worse. Chibi Chrono? No ma'am.[/QUOTE]

Yep.
563538_29080_front.jpg

Marle looks too ugly. I always thought she was cuter while playing.

And yes, I've always pronounced it like Carl but with an "M".

It's good Mox has that Bison art in his sig. That means at least two people are looking at him disapprovingly.

Disdain with me, Bison! Disdain!

[quote name='Strell']Moxio plays tennis games.

You know, like they were fun or something.[/quote]
Lies. No one likes punishment that much.

Man... I can't believe I'm going to get nailed in teh butz by the Squeenix tax again this year. Oh well, I can probably round up enough crappy games to make it cheap or "free".

[quote name='StinkyCheese']I think thats just in europe

WHERE I HAPPEN TO LIVE.[/QUOTE]

Well see, now things just went from bullshit to hilarious!

If that's the case for the US, then that's pretty goddamn tragic. If it's for the UK... well, you guys usually get fucked over, so who cares?

I did like how on the Amazon page for CT, they let you get a bundle deal for CT DS and Castlevania OOE... what a freakin' awesome duo that would be.

I also noticed that the game is rated E10 for stuff like use of alcohol and suggestive themes... I'm guessing the "root beer" drinking contest is where the alcohol bit comes from, but suggestive themes? Perhaps the game has been retranslated?

[quote name='Chacrana']I also noticed that the game is rated E10 for stuff like use of alcohol and suggestive themes... I'm guessing the "root beer" drinking contest is where the alcohol bit comes from, but suggestive themes? Perhaps the game has been retranslated?[/quote]

Ever looked at Ayla? And about the fact she tries to mate with Crono

[quote name='Chacrana']I also noticed that the game is rated E10 for stuff like use of alcohol and suggestive themes... I'm guessing the "root beer" drinking contest is where the alcohol bit comes from, but suggestive themes? Perhaps the game has been retranslated?[/quote]

Would be nice, keep it to the original maybe.

Honestly never played it so I'm excited to finaly have the chance to.

[quote name='Chacrana']

I did like how on the Amazon page for CT, they let you get a bundle deal for CT DS and Castlevania OOE... what a freakin' awesome duo that would be.[/QUOTE]

Except you if you do that you dont really save money, and if you group your items together they dont ship till both items are in stock.

[quote name='62t']Except you if you do that you dont really save money, and if you group your items together they dont ship till both items are in stock.[/quote]

Not always. Even if you check the option to ship the items together, those two different items might not even be in the same warehouse.

[quote name='Chacrana']I also noticed that the game is rated E10 for stuff like use of alcohol and suggestive themes... I'm guessing the "root beer" drinking contest is where the alcohol bit comes from, but suggestive themes? Perhaps the game has been retranslated?[/QUOTE]
I think Flea is a suggestive theme.

[quote name='62t']Except you if you do that you dont really save money, and if you group your items together they dont ship till both items are in stock.[/QUOTE]

I'm not doing that. I'm just saying that those two games are going to be qualitatively amazing, so it's cool that they're coming out in such a short span.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I think Flea is a suggestive theme.[/QUOTE]

Oh, that's a good point... I don't remember anything especially flirtatious, but it's been a while since I played through the game.

[quote name='JEKKI']lol spoilers[/quote]

Right and people who doesn't want to be spoiled will check this thread. :roll:

bread's done
Back