Chrono Trigger DS

sirhansirhan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I was hoping to pick up and play Chrono Trigger for the DS sometime within the next few months, and would much prefer to buy it new than used. It's currently $14.99 on Amazon; does it seem likely I'll find it cheaper new in the immediate future? I feel like Amazon's had it for $9.99 a couple of times, but I might just be remembering wrong. It was part of a Deal of the Day a week or two before Christmas, but its DOTD price was the same as its current price.

Amazon's price is the cheapest I've seen. I think the $14.99 throws a lot of people (myself included) because they dropped it to that price during their 17 Days of Deals (whichever day it was) and then never raised it back. Not like it's a huge difference, I think the price before was like $15.70 or something.

[quote name='sirhansirhan']I was hoping to pick up and play Chrono Trigger for the DS sometime within the next few months, and would much prefer to buy it new than used. It's currently $14.99 on Amazon; does it seem likely I'll find it cheaper new in the immediate future? I feel like Amazon's had it for $9.99 a couple of times, but I might just be remembering wrong. It was part of a Deal of the Day a week or two before Christmas, but its DOTD price was the same as its current price.[/QUOTE]

Lowest I can remember is maybe $9.99 - $12.99 a while back as part of a DOTD along with The World Ends With You and Kingdom Hearts DS, although even at $14.99 it's a fantastic price. I'm not sure though if it had another print run, because I recall that the "first" print run came with a poster that was supposed to be limited to that initial batch, but I never saw any that didn't have it. You could also take a look at amazon's warehouse deals, they have copies available intermittently for less than their new price, although you probably won't be saving much. Also IIRC gamestop had it very cheap as part of their gamer days sale back at the end of '09 and may still have it cheap used/new. I say pull the trigger at $14.99...even though it's unlikely this will rocket up in price due to massive print run(s), I could see this eventually going the way of Final Fantasy VII where everyone has to have a physical copy particularly since so many missed it on the SNES and the inferior PS1 port (awful load times).

So I did a bit of investigating, and I found that the lowest price that Amazon has ever sold Chrono Trigger at was $12.87. They sold it at that price at the end of August. It's been $14.99 since around December 12, and prior to that it was $15.xx and then $14.99 for a short while.

The short version: $14.99 is the cheapest it's been in the last 4 months. :)

Of course, this only applies to Amazon's prices. Only real thing to compare it to is that Toys R Us still sells it for $34.99.

Check the dump bins at Best Buy. The two BB stores by me had TONS of this game in those bins just before Christmas. Not sure on the price it was though.

bread's done
Back