Chulip PS2 $14.99 at gamestop

It's so fucking good!!! hells yeah!

don't touch it though if you're the type that enjoys stuff along the lines of madden and military. The weirdness will creep out alot of people, but for those who like creativity, this is a must.

Sooo tempting, what do you think backlog? What?! No?! But I want it....

Update: Backhanded my backlog and told them to reconsider their statement.

Really want this just for rareness sake and it just seems so odd and fun.... I'll buy one when I have the money. Was looking at it a few weeks back at $30 and though "I'd pay 15-20 for this new".

I had my finger on the trigger until I read this from IGN's review:

"You will often find yourself wandering around without any clue what to do for an interminably long amount of time."

That's my biggest video game pet peeve.

[quote name='jaybird']"You will often find yourself wandering around without any clue what to do for an interminably long amount of time."[/QUOTE]
Whoever wrote that review is a fucking retard. There's basically a walkthrough in the manual.

The point of this game is to slowly drive you insane.

[quote name='whoknows']It has a 56% at Gamerankings...does it suck that badly?[/QUOTE]

You're the last person that should ever compare reviews for a game.

It's a good game, but you really have to come at it like an old style adventure game and instead of clicking on everything hit it up with the action button. Character design is a 12 out of 10 tho.

I just ordered Chulip w/ Bonus! I hope it comes with the bonus cause without that tacky keychain I probably would've waited.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Whoever wrote that review is a fucking retard. There's basically a walkthrough in the manual.

The point of this game is to slowly drive you insane.[/quote]

Ha ha! I'm curious to give this game a try, but at the same time im pretty sure playing a game that will slowly drive me insane would just get me annoyed and regret buying it.

I really want this game...but in true Cheapass fashion, I'll most likely wait until it reaches the $5-$10 range.

Still, thanks for the heads up, OP!

[quote name='Heavy Hitter']Went ahead and ordered it for daughter to play. She likes the quirky games, and she'll love the bonus keychain. Thanks, OP.[/QUOTE]
How old is she? It's a difficult game, and she might get frustrated.

I knew this would eventually drop from $30... $19.99 should have been the price this game launched at.

I'm debating picking up a copy, I've really been into the niche PS2 games lately.

[quote name='Roufuss']I knew this would eventually drop from $30... $19.99 should have been the price this game launched at.

I'm debating picking up a copy, I've really been into the niche PS2 games lately.[/QUOTE]

to be honest, you can't get any more niche than this. I'd be surprised if any other game played like this.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']You're the last person that should ever compare reviews for a game.[/QUOTE]
fuck off, seriously.

Just because I don't share your taste in games doesn't mean I'm wrong liking the games I do.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']the saver discount would only give me free shipping on my next purchase. Anyone have this problem?[/quote]

That's what it'll say, just be sure to pick the $3.00 shipping option and it'll deduct on checkout.

Thanks for the tip OP, I'm also in for one now, the key chain is a nice bonus.

[quote name='xdl']19.99 new, 24.99 used... Leave it to GS. $20 isnt bad, but not for this game... for me anyway.[/quote]

Someone who plays videogames and likes the Captain. Wow.

FAST AND BULBOUS!

A little game called Katamari Damacy was a very odd, quirky, niche-like game at launch too.

I might give this a try...

They should MSRP $19.99 instead overprice it. Oh well, i'll pickup whenever it goes little cheaper. Begin Real Cheapassgamers very stricky on price :)

[quote name='Masterkyo']They should MSRP $19.99 instead overprice it. Oh well, i'll pickup whenever it goes little cheaper. Begin Real Cheapassgamers very stricky on price :)[/QUOTE]

uh....I'm not sure what your saying but it's $15 new now.

I remember I was waiting years for this to come out. ò_ó Stupid Natsume and it's delays and unofficial shelvings and whatnot. Of course, I was thrilled when it finally came out. :D

Anyway, for anyone wondering about the game, it's best for people who like to try things that are new. The game isn't great, but since you'll have never played anything like it, it will be very memorable. And there is a guide in the manual, so using it will keep you from wandering aimlessly on your kissing adventure.

[quote name='xdl']19.99 new, 24.99 used... Leave it to GS. $20 isnt bad, but not for this game... for me anyway.[/quote]

I saw Katamari Damacy USED for $29.99 when new is $19.99. I'll probably never shop at EB/GS again because of great online retailers like familyvideo or gamefly (for used). I got Katamari for $16 shipped NEW from FV.

[quote name='Staind204']Whats so "weird" about it??[/quote]

You're a little boy who moving into torn with your father. While moving, yiou have a dream about some chick. You know, the hotness. Anyway, you guys end up reaching your new home and word on the street is your poor. And everyone knows. So you go around town and then you meet the hotness. But she doesn't want a poor boy like you. So you're goal is to make her like you... stuff happens but ultimately it becomes your goal to become a good enough kisser that your heart will be able to win her over.... or something like that. >_> Basically, you go around kissing people.... and rocketships... and Godzilla.... and a glowing turtle while "in your boxers"(supposed to be naked by Amercans are too pure for nudity)... and more!

If you like crazy, niche Japanese-type games, then this should be your bag. Seriously, it would've been worth it at any price, IMO, but I picked it up at $19.99 w/keychain, and I love it. It's just weirdly addicting. It's going to vary greatly based on individual taste, but if you liked the off-the-wall BS in Katamari as much as you liked the actual gameplay, then I'd say this one is worth a shot.

thanks OP, didn't even remember this game till i read this post... but i remember reading an article on it or something... i'm stopping by my local gamestop tonight to pick it up for $14.99

might wanna check your local gamestop... i just called mine and they said it was $14.99 NEW. gonna go pick it up right now.

edit: sorry, old. lol

[quote name='Caliburn']Is the keychain really worth $5?...[/quote]

Not really. Very light and seems fragile if used with keys. It's really cheapy.... >_>

picked it up for $14.99. Gamestop employee said something about it not playing in all PS2s cause it is a blue disc???

I got it at a store anyway. They didnt have the keychain and shot me with a stupid look, but its all for the better.

Added one more game to the backlog....

[quote name='spaztic']picked it up for $14.99. Gamestop employee said something about it not playing in all PS2s cause it is a blue disc???[/QUOTE]

Some older PS2s have difficulty reading Blue backed discs (CD) because of a disc read error. It will make clicking and grinding noises and not load up. Was a pretty common problem for a while.

I am so tempted to jump, but I have so many games already. So I know the plot, whats the game play like?

bread's done
Back