Cigar enthusiasts and newbies, unite! General Cigar discussion.

Autumn Star

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
This a thread for a general discussion of cigars, good and bad.
To start off with, what's your favorite kind of cigar? Do you just go by where it's made (Dominican Republican, etc.) or do you choose your cigars by brand name alone?

I love cigars but they are expensive. Anyone know of any good cheap cigars? I'm thinking under $1 per cigar.

Pipe smoking is also fun. There is a bit of an art to it. I don't like cigarettes or chew at all... they're just a shortcut to the nicotine.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I want to get into cigars, but the selection is somewhat daunting.[/QUOTE]

I had the same feelings when I started smoking cigars.
It's best to start with a sampler from a website, or your local tobacconist. If you have a quality cigar store by you, you can usually just pop in and get suggestions from them, and then once you try a few, you'll know what you do and don't like.

Also, AngrySalad, I know of good cigars that are cheap, but even cheap cigars are more than a dollar. For a good cigar at a good price, at least online, search Vegas 5. They're consistently good quality, and fairly cheap compared to other cigars.

Smoke cigars a few times a year but I don't know anything about them. any site you would recommend where we could learn more without it being hardcore (over analyzing is very unnecessary for us).

bread's done
Back