cigarette prices

jennie25

CAGiversary!
thanks to all who help... I live in detroit michigan and cigarette prices are ridiculous here. I was curious if anyone who smokes could tell me the prices of cartons in like ohio, kentucky and indiana. thanks very very much!

I am lookin for marlboro menthol or if you have seen the midget menthols (siver/blue or silver/green packs)

They are much cheaper in Kentucky than in Michigan.
Of course, after you factor in gas, time, and the huge ass ticket you'd get for trying to bring huge quanities over state lines if you're caught, it's still cheaper to buy here.

Think of the price as a built in self-control enhancer.

Just a note:

Consumer Warning: It is illegal to purchase tobacco products through the mail or over the Internet without a license issued by the State of Michigan, unless the vendor is licensed by the State of Michigan and the required tobacco tax is paid by the vendor. Further, it is illegal for a person not licensed by the State of Michigan to possess cigarettes within Michigan unless each package of cigarettes has a Michigan Cigarette Stamp on the package. This includes but is not limited to tobacco products
received as a gift or purchased in states outside Michigan, in foreign countries, on United States Military Facilities, or on Native
American Reservations.

Plus, you'd be expected to file this:

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/4096B_proof_107397_7.pdf

i had a friend who would drive over to canada about once a month and pick up a bunch of cartons for pretty cheap. i'm pretty sure she said those were kind of gross, though. i'm also pretty sure she didn't declare them at the border...

it's funny how every time there's a thread about cigarettes there's the people who get all pissy.

"go ahead and kill yourself, stupid tar-breath!"

[quote name='thatstoobad']i had a friend who would drive over to canada about once a month and pick up a bunch of cartons for pretty cheap. i'm pretty sure she said those were kind of gross, though. i'm also pretty sure she didn't declare them at the border...

it's funny how every time there's a thread about cigarettes there's the people who get all pissy.

"go ahead and kill yourself, stupid tar-breath!"[/quote]

People are always going to do what they want to.. I just want people to know about the reprocussions of thier actions before they act.

Adults have every right to smoke if they choose too.
Of course, getting into black market of cigarette smuggling isn't usually something people consider when they're looking for ways to get thier smokes for cheaper.

This is one of those things where more often that not just dealing with a small amount won't get you in trouble, but every so often, it seems like the police on the border seem like they need to make an example of someone.

Mail ordering them seems like it would catch up to you even more quickly, as they have a record of all transactions in those cases.

bread's done
Back