Cigars

Dicerion

CAGiversary!
So I started smoking cigars and I want to look into purchasing some, I don't have much experience in the area so I was wondering if anybody else smokes cigars, and what kinda are good to try for a decent price and where to make a purchase? Thanks guys.

I really suggest this deal for $20...

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/prodDisp.asp?item=SP-CA06

They give you a variety of 8 good name-brand cigars and a little humidor. There is probably $30+ worth of cigars there plus a cute little free humidor to keep your cigars fresh. Try all of those and decide from there what you like.

Then, once you find what you like, go to Cigarbid and watch the auctions there.

The price is just under $40 for me, valor.

gas station =/= cigar, FWIW.

OP, I recommend going to a liquor store/tobacconist and asking the expert there for some advice for "entry level" cigars at the price you consider reasonable. Don't expect anything for $4 a cigar, but you can find something pretty palatable for $8-10. Don't overspend, either; a salesman might try to send you packing with a $25 cigar, and if you're not ready for that, don't do it. Besides, a good cigar is a good cigar, but a good cheap cigar is a more rare and exciting find.

[quote name='mykevermin']The price is just under $40 for me, valor.
[/QUOTE]

Have you bought from there before? Because it's for new customers and it may default to regular price for any previous customers. Should be $15 plus $5 shipping.

I do agree with you about going to a local tobacconist though. Personally, I've never spent more than $5 on any single cigar. I may have some that retail for $10+ but I constantly watch for deals and visit cigar auctions.

yeah it says $20 for me as well, and smoking cigarettes are bad for you because you inhale, cigars are just a little bad for you, besides we will all die someday, enjoy it while you have it

[quote name='electronicmaji']Smoking is bad for you mmkkkkkk[/QUOTE]

Huh. Never thought of it that way before.

EDIT: Why is the link $40 when I click on it? I've never bought from them before, but I would totally buy that for $20 shipped. Crap!

Like myke said go to a smoke shop and talk up the guy working there. Just say you wanna spend $20 on a couple cigars to try out and they'll set you up nicely. Also make sure you get a blue/green flame torch lighter, the lighter fluid from a zippo or cheap lighter suposively ruins the taste.

[quote name='mykevermin']:whistle2:s[/quote]

my bad, cigars look cool i heard that you are not supposed to use bics to lite them b/c it messes up the flavor. i'm just wondering if thats bs or not

Only buy from a tobacco store. Even if a gas station has a humidor, who knows when the last time they were rotated was?

Best cigar you can buy for the money is a Macanudo Portofino. Its a very nice, mild cigar that anyone can appericiate. I'm a reformed cigar snob and these are the only ones I smoke anymore. Best of all you can get them for around $8 per.

If you're a true cheapass, then go with Middleton's Cherry Blend, or Backwoods brand. I prefer the cigarillos, rather than the larger cigars. White Owls and Phillies are good (plus, you can use the wrappings for other types of smoking ingredients:D ).

http://www.internetcigarsales.com/catalog/index.php

Macanudos and Arturo Fuentes are the most widely recognized brands, and are typically the preferred brand by those in the know.

Someone try the "Bikers Butt" brand and post your impressions.:lol:

it's hard to really appreciate a great cigar ($20 plus) if you've never smoked one.

I'd start out with something good ($7-15 price range) first - the first cigars i really loved were Quoroum.

http://www.bestcigarprices.com/quorum-robusto-natural-bundle/cigars-6003.html#item_6003

they're not amazing by any means, but they're a cheap, fun way to get into the hobby.

Then i moved up to Portofino, Romeo y Julieta, CAO etc.

enjoy! and remember that this shit will kill you!

alot of times if you tell the tobacconist you have never purchased a cigar before they will give you one to try as a way to get you to buy form them. its not a bad policy but dont be afraid to spend a little more for better quailty. if you go in with out any help besure to do a little research. being able to tell how fresh a cigar is can make the differnce in enjoying a good smoke. house blends are good to start with especially on a budget. i personally enjoy partagas, and cao sopranos, also rocky patel vintage.

bread's done
Back