Cinderella Man HD-DVD on clearance at *TARGET* YMMV

snipegod

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Title says it all.

I saw Cinderella Man HD-DVD on clearance currently at 25% off for a total of ~$13. If you can catch the lower clearance drops, it'll be a steal for this format (I suppose).

I have YMMV in the topic since price will vary depending on what clearance tier your Target is on, but Target clearances usually aren't YMMV on items in my experience.

[quote name='snipegod']Title says it all.

I saw Cinderella Man HD-DVD on clearance currently at 25% off for a total of ~$13. If you can catch the lower clearance drops, it'll be a steal for this format (I suppose).

I have YMMV in the topic since price will vary depending on what clearance tier your Target is on, but Target clearances usually aren't YMMV on items in my experience.[/quote]Thanks OP, gonna keep an eye out for this. I wasn't planning on upgrading, but at $10-13, I'd reconsider.

I picked up one of the two I saw at the clearance section at Target. It was marked down to $9.99. I haven't seen the movie yet and to pick it up on the cheap is a bonus :)

Bought it at the Target on Addison Avenue in Chicago, IL, just in case anyone wants to know. It had me thinking whether or not I should drive to other Targets just in case they had different HD DVDs marked down...

Seems like there's different clearance "endcaps" (displays at the very end of an aisle) in different departments. Look for a clearance endcap in electronics...usually the endcap is facing the store's wall (as opposed to the front endcap facing a main aisle or a busy aisle of the department). I found the Cinderella Man HD DVDs in the electronics department's clearance endcap.

I never knew about the clearance endcap until I past by it one day and noticed a poker game that I wanted marked down to $2.97 and Act of War marked down to $4.97 (both computer games). Now I religiously visit the clearance section EVERY time I walk into any Target.

Good movie... the discount on the title is 30%... I have it already on dvd, but might bite if it hits 10 or below

got one today for $11.98, I hope more HD-DVDs get clearanced out soon at Target. I know I will be checking the clearance rack everytime I visit Target from now on. Anyways Thanks OP

We were talking about this last night, very interesting indeed considering Target rarely clearances DVD's, instead sends them back to the manufacturer.

[quote name='mehunglo']Yeah, saw a couple at the North Hollywood Target, but I already saw the movie so I passed.[/quote]i went today and couldnt find any. i dont know if i looked in the right area but it was the nearest clearance section to electronics and i didnt see any movies at all. only a few video games.

Sounds like they don't have any. They'd probably will be right there in that clearance section you found along with the marked down video games.

[quote name='chicagoz']Sounds like they don't have any. They'd probably will be right there in that clearance section you found along with the marked down video games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, 2 copies at the West Melbourne, FL store... located w/ the cheap PS2 games on an endcap.

[quote name='chicagoz']Sounds like they don't have any. They'd probably will be right there in that clearance section you found along with the marked down video games.[/quote]

Some of the Target's I visited had them with the regular HD-DVD's.

[quote name='grimlock49']Some of the Target's I visited had them with the regular HD-DVD's.[/quote]

Same here, I ran out at lunch to visit my local Target for this and they had 1 copy left and it was sitting in the regular HD-DVD section. I didn't see any seperate clearance section. Thanks to the OP, I snagged the last one. I had seen Cinderella Man at the movies but never picked up the dvd so this was even better.

Glad I could help some people.

The Savannah, GA Target still has one copy left as of yesterday night ... if anyone is interested in the area.

bread's done
Back