Circle Pad Pro $19.99 plus $5 shipping direct from Nintendo...

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Paying for shipping whatsoever? What is this, the stone age?[/QUOTE]

Still beats the $30+ price tag these are going for on ebay.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Paying for shipping whatsoever? What is this, the stone age?[/QUOTE]
I bet you would be happy if it was $24.99 with free shipping. :)

I just cant pull the trigger on this..

I can play Resident Evil without it.. plus I have the nyko battery installed and I rather have a much longer battery life than a bulky unit with a second circle.

[quote name='scottman']I bet you would be happy if it was $24.99 with free shipping. :)[/QUOTE]
Herpderp, I don't pay a dollar over MSRP. Especially not when some places do THAT.

Try again.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Herpderp, I don't pay a dollar over MSRP. Especially not when some places do THAT.

Try again.[/QUOTE]

Got mine for $18.xx

[quote name='DesertLeo']I really like this thing. Some people dislike the size, but I love it. My hands never cramp with this[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I was very hesitant about it but I got the last copy at Gamestop and have really enjoyed playing RE:R with it.

I'm mainly interested in this so I can play Kid Icarus next month, being left handed. I have a feeling it'll be even more in demand for that and MGS3.

I was thinking to myself, "ugh, fine, I'll pay the $5 shipping." but then..

Code:
Product Subtotal:		$19.99		

Shipping and Handling Charge(Standard):		$5.00		
	Sales Tax:		$2.19		
	Order Total:		$27.18

Eh, guess I'll just wait for gamestop to stock up.

I hate the fact that this is a GameStop exclusive. I walked into GameStop yesterday and I noticed how they hiked up all the Playstation Vita accessories an extra $5. I wouldn't be surprised if they sold the Circle Pad for $24.99.

[quote name='kevgret']I just cant pull the trigger on this..

I can play Resident Evil without it.. plus I have the nyko battery installed and I rather have a much longer battery life than a bulky unit with a second circle.[/QUOTE]

You can't use both together? Weak!

I can play Resident Evil without it.. plus I have the nyko battery installed and I rather have a much longer battery life than a bulky unit with a second circle.[/QUOTE]

RE is worlds different with the CPP. Best $20 accessory investment I've ever made.

[quote name='ndheah']RE is worlds different with the CPP. Best $20 accessory investment I've ever made.[/QUOTE]

so is my nyko battery pack :)

[quote name='DesertLeo']I really like this thing. Some people dislike the size, but I love it. My hands never cramp with this[/QUOTE]

Wow, I never thought of that... that's actually a good point. My hands also tend to cramp up on these portables (besides the regular PSPs and old DS phat). Too bad it the stick looks like it would feel out of place though. And it just looks tacky.

I'm still waiting on the eventual model with it built in, probably going to be announced at this year's E3.

I got mine in today and was disappointed it doesn't work with other titles. No, I don't mean the second analog stick, but I was hoping to be able to use the moved R button while playing Mario Kart etc. I like the extra bulk for my big hands when I'm at home, but it doesn't work unless the game was designed for it - any of it. Bah! :(

if you want some bulk get the official 3ds wheel

wheel2.jpg

[quote name='62t']if you want some bulk get the official 3ds wheel

[/QUOTE]
Lol that has to be the most close to real life driving your going to get in a gaming device since is in 3d

I love that wheel, especially the L/R buttons. It makes the 3ds so much more comfortable to hold. All my friends thought it's silly to add bulk to a handheld. But once they tried mine, they all went out to buy one.

[quote name='WilliamG']I got mine in today and was disappointed it doesn't work with other titles. No, I don't mean the second analog stick, but I was hoping to be able to use the moved R button while playing Mario Kart etc. I like the extra bulk for my big hands when I'm at home, but it doesn't work unless the game was designed for it - any of it. Bah! :([/QUOTE]

Really? So I would have to take it off for every other game? I think that just stopped me from buying one...for now.

[quote name='WilliamG']I got mine in today and was disappointed it doesn't work with other titles. No, I don't mean the second analog stick, but I was hoping to be able to use the moved R button while playing Mario Kart etc. I like the extra bulk for my big hands when I'm at home, but it doesn't work unless the game was designed for it - any of it. Bah! :([/QUOTE]

That is really disappointing to hear. I cannot comprehend that decision on Nintendough's part! :cry:

That's pretty dumb if you can't have it on for older games. Pretty lame. Does the 3DS support title updates? If so maybe they could push out an update to support it. Which doesn't mean they will even if they can, but might give some hope.

[quote name='Tom Ato']Really? So I would have to take it off for every other game? I think that just stopped me from buying one...for now.[/QUOTE]
Now we know why it's a GS exclusive, lol. I hate that I'd have to remove my silicone case (which I've had on it since day one) just to play 1 out of 6 or 7 games.

LOL, this is one of the most awkward accessories Nintendo has ever released

handhelds have gotten a bit too small for extended gaming... i have no idea why these prong attachments for handhelds have to be so expensive, though... $10-$15 seems a lot more reasonable to me than $20

I love playing games on my 3DS. I've bought every system Nintendo has ever released (Most on launch day) but I can't help feeling burnt by them. I paid $249 and got nothing a bunch of old games as compensation. To add extra burn to that I saw all kinds of posts of people getting it for $179 and getting the free games.

Now they release a bulky, poorly designed peripheral that adds a second pad which should have been part of the original thought process for a 3D system. My first thought when seeing the official design before launch was,"Where's the 2nd pad? Didn't they learn from Sony's mistake on the PSP?" I'd be surprised if they didn't release the 3DS v2 that will include the 2nd pad and extra buttons some time this year. Once that releases, I may consider upgrading. Heavy emphasis on the may.

I really wonder what the creative minds at Nintendo were thinking on this system and the peripheral.

[quote name='rpg2']I love playing games on my 3DS. I've bought every system Nintendo has ever released (Most on launch day) but I can't help feeling burnt by them. I paid $249 and got nothing a bunch of old games as compensation. To add extra burn to that I saw all kinds of posts of people getting it for $179 and getting the free games.

Now they release a bulky, poorly designed peripheral that adds a second pad which should have been part of the original thought process for a 3D system. My first thought when seeing the official design before launch was,"Where's the 2nd pad? Didn't they learn from Sony's mistake on the PSP?" I'd be surprised if they didn't release the 3DS v2 that will include the 2nd pad and extra buttons some time this year. Once that releases, I may consider upgrading. Heavy emphasis on the may.

I really wonder what the creative minds at Nintendo were thinking on this system and the peripheral.[/QUOTE]

Im also waiting for v2 of the 3ds. I made the mistake buying the psp hype.

I'm using the Type A controls and I'm doing just fine. Probably would be better with the circle pad, but I don't want the added bulk that comes with this attachment.

From what I hear gamestop is OOS until march so if you need a CPP this is your best bet.

You can try eBay as well if you want an even more inflated price.

Picked one up at gamestop today. It was a preorder that wasn't picked up yet so the manager sold it to me. I'm loving it with re so far. If you want it before march see if people haven't picked up their preorders.

Am I still the only one left that really doubts Nintendo would put a 2nd analog stick on the revision of the handheld? I mean is it that important to have the same amount of analog sticks the vita has to cut your fanbase up when eventually games come out requiring a 2nd stick?

[quote name='yabber']Gonna wait for Kid Icarus too see how it is w/o the pad.[/QUOTE]

The circle pad pro functionality for Kid Icarus is only to "flip" the controls for lefties. No dual analog.

[quote name='The Lord of Awesome']Am I still the only one left that really doubts Nintendo would put a 2nd analog stick on the revision of the handheld? I mean is it that important to have the same amount of analog sticks the vita has to cut your fanbase up when eventually games come out requiring a 2nd stick?[/QUOTE]

I am with you there. I severely doubt that they will do a redesign with two analogs. The 3ds would be horribly cramped.

Great purchase for me, got the last one at GameStop along with their last copy of R.E.R. Really good if you have larger hands and greatly enhances the precision when playing the game.

[quote name='sylveranking']I am with you there. I severely doubt that they will do a redesign with two analogs. The 3ds would be horribly cramped.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps in its current size but they did make a DSi XL. They could easily make a bigger 3DS v2.

I really think it was a mistake for them to not include 2 pads since this is a 3D oriented system. I don't believe I'm alone in those thoughts.

bread's done
Back