Circuit City - 10% off any video game (with online code!)

KingofGames

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
Just received an advertisement from Circuit City that has 10+ holiday coupons. There are several "spend xx.xx amount, save x.xx amount" coupons, but the only interesting coupon is 10% off any video games. Apparently, the coupon is valid online as well, under coupon code W7ATYVHAQK. Not a spectacular deal, but the coupon is good until the end of December. Might help those who end up with CC gift cards.

I tried the coupon code online with World In Conflict (figured an extra 10% would be nice) and received the following:

Error
There are no items in your cart that qualify for the terms of the coupon entered. No discount was applied. You can review the terms of the coupon by clicking "view terms" below, or remove the coupon by clicking "remove coupon" below.

Offer good for 10% off your next video game purchase. Limit 3 games per customer. Good for one use only between now and 12/31/2008 excluding purchases between 11/27/2008 and 12/1/2008. Not valid on previous purchases. Qualifying purchases exclude Outlet items, sales tax, gift card purchases, warranty purchases, shipping fees, and delivery fees. Coupon code valid online and at 1-888-263-6003. Barcode valid in-store only. Not combinable with any Circuit City offers. Not redeemable for cash. Reproductions/photocopies will not be accepted. Void where prohibited or restricted.

After some more testing, it looks like the code only works with console and handheld games. I thought maybe the issue was that WiC was already discounted so I tried Sins of a Solar Empire, but it won't discount either. But, Zelda: Phantom Hourglass will discount.

[quote name='musha666']Worked with Fallout 3. On sale for $50 - 10% coupon - 5% live cash back - 2% ebates cash back. Not too bad.[/quote]

cool, will definitely use this code today
icon_smile.gif

For extra cheapyness I used the $10 e-gc and another $10 gc I had plus a 10% off link they sent me in my order confirmation to pick Call of Duty World at War up for $13 since its on special for $35 pick up only!! Thanks again op!

[quote name='musha666']Worked with Fallout 3. On sale for $50 - 10% coupon - 5% live cash back - 2% ebates cash back. Not too bad.[/QUOTE]
how did you get the live cashback w/CC?

could you post up a link? i want to grab smackdown vs raw...

"The coupon entered has already been used and is no longer valid. No discount was applied. You can enter a valid coupon code, or continue your purchase without a coupon discount."

:( hmm..

Just checked this for a friend and it does not work with the refurbished 360 controller and hard drive, so I guess they don't qualify. Says the code has been used and is no longer valid when I try to apply it to those, almost as if it was one-time use or something.

[quote name='KingofGames']Just received an advertisement from Circuit City that has 10+ holiday coupons. There are several "spend xx.xx amount, save x.xx amount" coupons, but the only interesting coupon is 10% off any video games. Apparently, the coupon is valid online as well, under coupon code W7ATYVHAQK. Not a spectacular deal, but the coupon is good until the end of December. Might help those who end up with CC gift cards.[/quote]

I received the same ad, but the code in mine is different. I'm wondering if these are customer specific. :whistle2:?

[quote name='musha666']Worked with Fallout 3. On sale for $50 - 10% coupon - 5% live cash back - 2% ebates cash back. Not too bad.[/quote]
Both live cash back and ebates are done via affiliate click-through links. How did you get it to work with both?

[quote name='jaa1311']For extra cheapyness I used the $10 e-gc and another $10 gc I had plus a 10% off link they sent me in my order confirmation to pick Call of Duty World at War up for $13 since its on special for $35 pick up only!! Thanks again op![/quote]

did I miss something? COD:WaW is $35 for pick up only? or did I read that wrong? even though it was a week ago I didn't hear anything about it. I must be slipping at my old age. I'm not paying anymore than 30 for that game but i might have pushed it to 35.

[quote name='Tomeeboy']Just checked this for a friend and it does not work with the refurbished 360 controller and hard drive, so I guess they don't qualify. Says the code has been used and is no longer valid when I try to apply it to those, almost as if it was one-time use or something.[/quote]

[quote name='doodofdoods']use the link below to get 10% off game purchases.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/home.do?Key=1019231[/quote]

Link seems to work for the refurbished controller/harddrive. I didn't try to complete checkout, but 99% sure it would go through.

[quote name='Sandman1000']So you can use it with game that are already on sale too. That would be a great deal than but I don't think so.[/quote]

Yes you can. Fallout 3 was on sale for $44.99 and I got 10% off of that, which ended up being $43.22 with free shipping and tax. :D

this doesn't work when I try to enter the code manually. says its not valid and can't be used

The manual code wasn't working... but it looked like the link was going to for me. I decided not to go through with the purchase. (Note: This was on WotLK)

bread's done
Back