Circuit City 15% Bing CB + $20 off $200 w/ Paypal

tex1ntux

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
bing "circuit city" for 15% cashback link
Buy at least $200 worth of stuff and get an extra $20 back from Paypal.

I used it to get a Tritton AX Pro ($155) and 4000 Microsoft points ($50) for $154 after cashback + paypal rebate.

I dont see why not, the savings you could get from this + the sony card 100$ credit rebate = omg.

Youre talking 130$ for a ps3 slim + shipping tax . thats a fricken nasty deal

But I just noticed they dont sell the ps3 slim.

You could still get the uncharted bundle for a great price though

[quote name='luan87us']circuit city still in business? I thought they bankrupted a few months back.[/QUOTE]This is the same thing that TigerDirect did with CompUSA. They resurrected the brand for name recognition.

Circuit City is an online-only company in the US, though I think there's still stores up in Canada under a different name, or the same name. Not sure about that bit.

Thanks for the post....I ordered a Nintendo Dsi....a Belkin Itouch case and Drake's Uncharted for $218.97 minus almost $33.00 in cashback along with eventually $20.00 cashback from paypal. Wow!!!!! :)

[quote name='shrike4242']This is the same thing that TigerDirect did with CompUSA. They resurrected the brand for name recognition.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone still waste their time with these? I mean... I guess the people that don't know they are all the same, but why pull a GM? It's not only a FAIL for the customers, but it's 3x the FAIL for the business.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Does anyone still waste their time with these? I mean... I guess the people that don't know they are all the same, but why pull a GM? It's not only a FAIL for the customers, but it's 3x the FAIL for the business.[/QUOTE]

How so?

Great chance to get Nvidia 3D Vision glasses and/or monitors. Tiger pretty much has an exclusive on these AFAIK still, and they are right about at that $200 price point for just the glasses.

They've fixed about all the major glitches with Samsung LED DLP TV.

[quote name='tex1ntux']bing "circuit city" for 15% cashback link

I used it to get a Tritton AX Pro ($155) and 4000 Microsoft points ($50) for $154 after cashback + paypal rebate.
iy.gif
[/QUOTE]
If this deal would have been offered without paypal I would have purchased it right then, I stopped using paypal long time back.

[quote name='lolmister']No free shipping=no buy.[/QUOTE]

Shipping was free for me....guess there is a certain level of sale which qualifies for free shipping. I agree with you...I hate paying shipping charges and tax so either of those would have broken the deal for me. :)

[quote name='shrike4242']This is the same thing that TigerDirect did with CompUSA. They resurrected the brand for name recognition.

Circuit City is an online-only company in the US, though I think there's still stores up in Canada under a different name, or the same name. Not sure about that bit.[/QUOTE]

I noticed the site was the same as TigerDirect....however I do not believe TigerDirect is eligible for the 15% cashback. I think they are only good for 10%. Either way... a good deal is a good deal. I can wait for my cashback and the Dsi I ordered alone saved $25.50.

FYI, it *is* Tiger Direct. Go to tigerdirect.com and you'll see that they have the same stock.

Also note that the Xbox 360 Elites they have appear to NOT be Jasper units because they include an HDMI cable - the Fall 2009 ones do not.

on Bing if you go click on the bing symbol under Circuit City is anyone see what the cashback is now? I'm just forwarded to the site but no indication of what cashback is?

Hm.. wonder if this would be a good opportunity to get a video card for my new PC. I've been eye the Radeon HD 4890s. I'm a bit weary about ordering from this "new" Circuit City, though, especially if it's really Tiger Direct... A Radeon HD 4890 XT for around $150-160 is tempting, though, as that's $30-40 cheaper than anywhere else.

I was interested in this until I did some searching. You need to sign up for a Bing account and I think it's tied to M$. Sorry, M$ is not getting my money, I'd rather pay the 15% more to avoid them. I'd rather use Paypal even (although I'm suspicious of them after the stories I heard).

Besides, neither the monitor I was interested in nor the DSi are on the CC site. *I found the DSi now. Nevermind.

[quote name='DPsx7']I was interested in this until I did some searching. You need to sign up for a Bing account and I think it's tied to M$. Sorry, M$ is not getting my money, I'd rather pay the 15% more to avoid them. I'd rather use Paypal even (although I'm suspicious of them after the stories I heard).

Besides, neither the monitor I was interested in nor the DSi are on the CC site. *I found the DSi now. Nevermind.[/QUOTE]Yeah, cashback is a TOTAL waste of time. Definitely not worth the 30 second Live ID signup.

My cashback account
25k7zwp.png

Yes, evil "Micro$oft"... those bastards! Every time I look at that $1,600 in cash back that I've already been paid, I can't help but think "God, I hate Microsoft, I wish I didn't have this money".

DPsx7 you crack me up :D

Whatever. Your loss, not mine. M$ hasn't done anything positive for the console or PC market so they shouldn't be rewarded with any money. The places you shop at deserve it far more.

[quote name='tex1ntux']bing "circuit city" for 15% cashback link

I used it to get a Tritton AX Pro ($155) and 4000 Microsoft points ($50) for $154 after cashback + paypal rebate.[/QUOTE]

you'll love that headset, I dont play any game without it.

[quote name='DPsx7']Whatever. Your loss, not mine. M$ hasn't done anything positive for the console or PC market so they shouldn't be rewarded with any money. The places you shop at deserve it far more.[/QUOTE]

that is probably the most ignorant thing I have read on this site.

[quote name='xxDOYLExx']that is probably the most ignorant thing I have read on this site.[/QUOTE]

I was going to say something, but I just left it alone.

and why aren't they selling the Ps3 Slim?

[quote name='DPsx7']Whatever. Your loss, not mine. M$ hasn't done anything positive for the console or PC market so they shouldn't be rewarded with any money. The places you shop at deserve it far more.[/QUOTE]
That's funny. But MS doesn't touch your money. They give you money for shopping at stores you already shop at in most cases. You just have to check the bing cashback participants list before you buy.

They haven't done anything positive?

[quote name='Mako1215']I was going to say something, but I just left it alone.

and why aren't they selling the Ps3 Slim?[/QUOTE]

My guess is that they are a liquidator so they dont see much new product.

[quote name='DPsx7']Whatever. Your loss, not mine. M$ hasn't done anything positive for the console or PC market so they shouldn't be rewarded with any money. The places you shop at deserve it far more.[/QUOTE]I'm just gonna stay over here with my $600 savings while you fap to RSS feeds of the latest Linux distro news...

[quote name='Xerxes']That's funny. But MS doesn't touch your money. They give you money for shopping at stores you already shop at in most cases. You just have to check the bing cashback participants list before you buy.

They haven't done anything positive?[/QUOTE]

They aren't doing it to be nice. Instead of from you they steal it from the store. Somewhat like the service fees stores pay credit card companies so you can take out a 'loan'. I for one would rather NOT let M$ put more companies and businesses under. But whatever you choose, just don't forget the 'later' instead of the 'now'. Not to mention when they force you to sign up, all your data is going into their spam lists. I hate signing up for anything 'cause you never know where it goes.

Nope. Anyway we won't need to carry on here. I simply think it's a terrible deal and choose not to fall into the scam. Have fun.

I've been hearing about Bing cashback, but have kept it on my "to do" list out of curiosity, just because I wonder how it works, not to say I'd ever use it...but...From what it sounds like (thus far my understanding) it's like the Chase Rewards Plus, where depending on the retailer, you get a percent off of the purchase by going through Chase.com's site. Only with Chase, it comes off the credit card as discounted, how does Bing pay you back, in increments, in credits towards future purchases, as credits to a credit card, mailing you checks, etc.. ??

I'd rather have the low down from fellow CAG's than to research it with possible omissions or spins elsewhere.

[quote name='DPsx7']They aren't doing it to be nice. Instead of from you they steal it from the store.[/QUOTE]

You havent said one correct thing since you commented in this thread. The money is out of Microsofts' pocket, the store has absolutely nothing to do with it. Further more they have the option of opting in or out of the program, nobody is holding a gun to their heads so to speak.

Enjoy never using a product owned or operated by microsoft or a subsidiary, im sure your life will be the better for it, you twit.

Not to burst bubbles or side with the crazy guy, because I (whom just recently got on the casback train) love cashback. However, don't let your own greed blind you, not all of what he is saying is false. First, while I am sure microsoft foots some of the bill, the merchants themshelves are also paying for Bing Cashback. In addition, as he said everyone who buys something is paying for people to use credit cards (and to a lesser extent paypal) which is just bundled into the price of buisness.

[quote name='xxDOYLExx']My guess is that they are a liquidator so they dont see much new product.[/QUOTE]

BZZZ. Nope. The parent is the same company that scored the exclusive from Nvidia for 3D Vision. Say what you will about Tiger, etc but they move product and they have plenty of "new" product.

Uhh, yeah. You ever heard of risk management? It costs credit card companies/banks money to deal with the processing and fraud from CC transactions. In turn, the merchant gets their money right away. I don't know what world you live in.

I get tired of reading that crap. Why don't you go tell 7-11 to stop marking up their stuff to obscene margins while you are at it?

[quote name='DPsx7']Somewhat like the service fees stores pay credit card companies so you can take out a 'loan'. [/QUOTE]

Thanks. Too many nitwits are quick to flame before they understand anything. But this money has to come from somewhere and you can be certain M$ isn't doing this out of kindness.

The kids above just want to save a buck, they can't see the rest of it. This is a typical M$ tactic to hide the truth in the background. No different than the OS that installs DRM or the 360 that claims to do so much but neglects to tell you everything requires an expensive subscription. Ignorance may help them, but I won't be a victim.

It's not asking me to log in to cashback like it normally does when I go to a cashback site. Are you sure this is working guys? I was going to order some Xbox points but when I clicked the circuit city 15% off bing banner, it just immediately to the site. Makes me wonder...

[quote name='DPsx7']Thanks. Too many nitwits are quick to flame before they understand anything. But this money has to come from somewhere and you can be certain M$ isn't doing this out of kindness.

The kids above just want to save a buck, they can't see the rest of it. This is a typical M$ tactic to hide the truth in the background. No different than the OS that installs DRM or the 360 that claims to do so much but neglects to tell you everything requires an expensive subscription. Ignorance may help them, but I won't be a victim.[/QUOTE]

You're such a revolutionary. You remind me of a young Che Guevara.

[quote name='JokerWild']First, while I am sure microsoft foots some of the bill, the merchants themshelves are also paying for Bing Cashback[/QUOTE]

100% incorrect.

[quote name='qwerty1']100% incorrect.[/QUOTE]

No you are. Microsoft loses money presently but Merchants are forking out some dollars. Anyone who wishes to actually inform themselves can go to...

http://advertising.microsoft.com/advertising/bing-cashback

There's some PDFs to download on the right side that contain many more details. But does anyone really need proof to come to conclusion that Bing Cashback is not a charity? Bill Gates didn't become one of the richest people in the world by giving stuff away. (he just does that as a hobby). As far as I know, based on the last investor report, Bing Cashback is still losing money, but the point is not to make money yet. The point is fuck over Google. That's generally how Microsoft attacks its competitors. It's more than willing to lose sometimes serious money to protect its core businesses.

[quote name='DPsx7'] M$ hasn't done anything positive for the console or PC market so they shouldn't be rewarded with any money. .[/QUOTE]

This is where all credibility was lost

[quote name='turls']BZZZ. Nope. The parent is the same company that scored the exclusive from Nvidia for 3D Vision. Say what you will about Tiger, etc but they move product and they have plenty of "new" product.[/QUOTE]

That wasn’t meant as a slam on the company, it was purely conjecture (read, My guess)

DPsx7 pass that stuff over here.

First off all companies are out there trying to make a buck any ways possible. You think the gas station you go to tomorrow is going to "care" about you, or when you head store and buy food. No not at all, they all advertise and sell crap to you any way possible. Do you bitch about them I highly doubt it ... it's not cool enough to do something like that. What system do you play on? Sony or Nintendo, because either one is just like microsoft and is in there to make a buck wherever they possibly can.

Also I believe the place of business that signs up for Bing knows what they are getting themselves into. They don't just sign up blindly and throw their money into the wind. People who buy products and save money just simply have more money to buy more products thus creating more business. That's ok though, you spend that extra money, I'm sure that wherever you buy your stuff from really cares about whether or not you got a good deal. I'm going to enjoy my extra cash.

As for M$ not doing anything for the console and PC world is completely rediculous. First off you can easily get a 13 month subscription to live for 40$. How is 3$ a month expensive? That's doing the dishes for your mom when you were 12 money. It's also by far the best online service for a console out there, no questions asked. As for a windows based PC, I'll have fun doing anything I could do on any other OS plus a lot more.

By the way, my live.com email gets about 2 or so emails a week ... from sites that I have signed up to recieve their newsleters from.

The Bing cashback service is great in any sense.

anyone know anything cheap I can get on there? I got the rock band psp bundle for 199 so I'm short a dollar to take advantage of the paypal deal

[quote name='bleak']No you are. Microsoft loses money presently but Merchants are forking out some dollars. Anyone who wishes to actually inform themselves can go to...

There's some PDFs to download on the right side that contain many more details. But does anyone really need proof to come to conclusion that Bing Cashback is not a charity? Bill Gates didn't become one of the richest people in the world by giving stuff away. (he just does that as a hobby). As far as I know, based on the last investor report, Bing Cashback is still losing money, but the point is not to make money yet. The point is fuck over Google. That's generally how Microsoft attacks its competitors. It's more than willing to lose sometimes serious money to protect its core businesses.[/QUOTE]

That sums it up nicely. M$ is more than willing to lose money in the short run, with plans to screw everyone else over in the long run. Offer cashback to use their search engine. Buy some pitiful exclusive games for their console to win users, then bash them over the head with fees. Of course certain PC games require BS only they provide. Same with other PC software, you're stuck using their crappy OS's. For once I'd like people to see beyond their own limited benefits because behind the veil some company is getting hosed. Business? Yup. Shady? I believe so.

[quote name='xxDOYLExx']This is where all credibility was lost[/QUOTE]

Um, ok. Well when you can prove me wrong, we'll talk. Until then I'll just assume you don't know better. That's fine.

[quote name='bleak']No you are. Microsoft loses money presently but Merchants are forking out some dollars. Anyone who wishes to actually inform themselves can go to...

There's some PDFs to download on the right side that contain many more details. But does anyone really need proof to come to conclusion that Bing Cashback is not a charity? Bill Gates didn't become one of the richest people in the world by giving stuff away. (he just does that as a hobby). As far as I know, based on the last investor report, Bing Cashback is still losing money, but the point is not to make money yet. The point is fuck over Google. That's generally how Microsoft attacks its competitors. It's more than willing to lose sometimes serious money to protect its core businesses.[/QUOTE]
100% correct
You win.

[quote name='strikeratt']DPsx7 pass that stuff over here.

First off all companies are out there trying to make a buck any ways possible. You think the gas station you go to tomorrow is going to "care" about you, or when you head store and buy food. No not at all, they all advertise and sell crap to you any way possible. Do you bitch about them I highly doubt it ... it's not cool enough to do something like that. What system do you play on? Sony or Nintendo, because either one is just like microsoft and is in there to make a buck wherever they possibly can.

Also I believe the place of business that signs up for Bing knows what they are getting themselves into. They don't just sign up blindly and throw their money into the wind. People who buy products and save money just simply have more money to buy more products thus creating more business. That's ok though, you spend that extra money, I'm sure that wherever you buy your stuff from really cares about whether or not you got a good deal. I'm going to enjoy my extra cash.

As for M$ not doing anything for the console and PC world is completely rediculous. First off you can easily get a 13 month subscription to live for 40$. How is 3$ a month expensive? That's doing the dishes for your mom when you were 12 money. It's also by far the best online service for a console out there, no questions asked. As for a windows based PC, I'll have fun doing anything I could do on any other OS plus a lot more.

By the way, my live.com email gets about 2 or so emails a week ... from sites that I have signed up to recieve their newsleters from.

The Bing cashback service is great in any sense.[/QUOTE]

I'm not on anything.

Actually I do. I base my decisions over who advertises the least. Think I'm kidding? I don't eat fast food (especially McD's), I refuse movies and big brand name items, I don't own a cell phone, and so forth. It may not be much but I feel better in putting a slow stop to it.

If you believe that then what can I say? The store would appreciate it more if I gave them the money instead of cutting a portion to M$'s greed. I'll follow the direct sales and rebates instead.

M$ has fooled you. While you think it's inexpensive, they're raking in too much money. How about you send me $1 a day? That's a third less so you won't miss it. Oh, no? Now you see your mistake. There is no way Live is superior to anything, hands down. PC has been doing it all better for years and Sony has a similar setup. Nin is also free using their own techniques. So basically I can find equal or better services for NO fee. Isn't that a better deal than $3 a month? Funny how the tables turned there.

bread's done
Back