Circuit City $15 off $100 coupon back!!!

My local CC uses the coupons to sell cell phones so its always kind of a hassle to get them. During the 25% off clearance deals weeks though, these come in super handy.

25% off + a $15 off coupon = $10.83 on all of those $16.96 games :)

[quote name='freshzen']My local CC uses the coupons to sell cell phones so its always kind of a hassle to get them. During the 25% off clearance deals weeks though, these come in super handy.

25% off + a $15 off coupon = $10.83 on all of those $16.96 games :)[/quote]
'

thought u couldnt use these on games...

Uh, yeah, they USED to be great. I grabbed a handful (would probably only use one, but I've had CAGs request them from me before) last time I saw them only to find out they "fine-printed" out video games this time :cry:. The big unknown is if it actually works on the register, though, and is just supposed to be excluded by the cashier. If that's the case, I could see people getting them to work. Problem is, it isn't worth the trouble scrounging up $100 worth of cheap games to bring up to the counter only on the off-chance that it might possibly work.

[quote name='gamerguy2k7']'

thought u couldnt use these on games...[/QUOTE]

Of course they can be used on games.... I did it last year with them as well as this year with GH2

[quote name='zman73']Of course they can be used on games.... I did it last year with them as well as this year with GH2[/QUOTE]

Are you just choosing to ignore people's reports on the fine print? "Last year" (and when GHII came out this year) was considerably before they rewrote the fine print. The coupons didn't used to say "Offer excludes computers, music, movies, games, Game Hardware, Verizon", etc, etc... I've got one right here. This is the 5/30 - 6/18 coupon. If there is another set that allows game purchases then that is great, I'd like to find some ;).

These are a nice deal in theory, but I've found that I save more by just shopping at Amazon...

These coupons definitely EXCLUDE games, movies, and music. They are the first things mentioned in the exclusions. I guess we killed it after the last set with all the GH2 orders. But like IO said, we have to wait until 5/30 to find out if they will still scan, cause they have always said that they exclude clearance items and they still worked on orders with clearance games. Here's to hoping.

CC still emails out 10% coupons on games and the $40 off $200 purchase coupon still works (as of the current one).

What about the $40 off $200 coupon? Does that have the same fine print? I would assume it does.

[quote name='io']Are you just choosing to ignore people's reports on the fine print? "Last year" (and when GHII came out this year) was considerably before they rewrote the fine print. The coupons didn't used to say "Offer excludes computers, music, movies, games, Game Hardware, Verizon", etc, etc... I've got one right here. This is the 5/30 - 6/18 coupon. If there is another set that allows game purchases then that is great, I'd like to find some ;).[/quote]

I used a $15 off $100 coupon that expired 5/31 solely on video games (well, I had to throw in a pack of gum to push it over $100) and the cash register took it without problem. It's all automatic and no need to overwrite. Again, it was the coupon that expires at the end of May. CC might have wised up and fine printed the game exclusion on the new coupon.

You sure the new coupon doesn't just say "excludes video game hardware"? Hardware is just the consoles and handhelds but not video game software.

[quote name='eau']I used a $15 off $100 coupon that expired 5/31 solely on video games (well, I had to throw in a pack of gum to push it over $100) and the cash register took it without problem. It's all automatic and no need to overwrite. Again, it was the coupon that expires at the end of May. CC might have wised up and fine printed the game exclusion on the new coupon.[/quote]

The coupon that excludes games is dated 5/30/07-6/18/07

Used to just exclude video game hardware. Now exclude video games. fuck! At least it should still work on gaming accessories, hopefully.

[quote name='eau']Used to just exclude video game hardware. Now exclude video games. fuck! At least it should still work on gaming accessories, hopefully.[/QUOTE]

Probably not. I tried using the last $15 off $100 coupon on a PS3 controller, but the discount wouldn't apply. This really bites...

[quote name='Vegan']If they exclude "games" does that rule out a DS Lite purchase?[/quote]

DS Lite would fall under gaming hardware, which is also excluded.

[quote name='daminion']so no game systems, video games, or accessories... what a useless coupon[/quote]

Yep, this thread as well have a bullet put in it, it's dead for us.

Well, at least I hope they have the $40 off $200 when Halo 3 Legendary edition comes in. I'll be picking that up and see what else is there. First the Gamer Gift Card and now this. That plus they keep on going up on the crearance prices.

bread's done
Back