Circuit City 15% off 360/PS3 games $39.99 and up

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']OT, but what happened to the thread about the giftcard glitch? It's gone completely.[/quote]
[quote name='thebob101']I am sure it is considered fraud or something and was taken down by MODs.[/quote]Got it in one.

Anyone know if the Fable2 preorder @CC will yield a XBLA code for PubGames?
[Btw this coupon doesn't work with a pre-order, sorry if a little OT but thread merge]

Does anyone know...if you use your gamer card at CC to get the 10% off do you still get the gift card for games like Saints Row 2?

[quote name='palaeomerus']Yeah I realize that they deduct the gift card amounts from the price and I mentioned that, but NOW I'm stuck with a paid for $55 giftcard on top of the order price and my card gets (when all is said and done) charged the amount of the full price without any bargains! And I have a $55 giftcard that I didn't want which is only good for buying more games at Circuit City.

If they just applied each free giftcard to the purchase price AS EACH ITEM SHIPPED (like the site implies ) then there shouldn't be a problem at either end. Because order cancelation means the giftcard is canceled too (it is never sent). When you apply a giftcard to a preorder purchase when shopping online it makes more sense to run it as a discount or a money off deal doesn't it ?[/quote]

I would not even try to do this multi GC thing with CC after the snafu they had with the Ninja Gaiden II GCs. A lot of us ordered it and got charged full price and no GC. It was a total glitch, and obviously they have a hard time actually executing this simple concept online. And getting that many at once may mean you got hosed. At least in my case I ordered again when I finally figured out what happened (thanks to CAG) and all I had to do was return the original.

[quote name='udryguy']Does anyone know...if you use your gamer card at CC to get the 10% off do you still get the gift card for games like Saints Row 2?[/quote]
Generally no. They will make you choose either the 10% off through the card, or the gift card offer, whichever is better (or whichever you want if they end up being the same amount).

Bought Saint's Row 2 in-store today and tried to use the 15% off coupon. The system wouldn't take the coupon and allow me to get the $10 giftcard that comes with the game. The sytem sees them as separate promotions and will only allow one or the other.

[quote name='Professor Oreo']Bought Saint's Row 2 in-store today and tried to use the 15% off coupon. The system wouldn't take the coupon and allow me to get the $10 giftcard that comes with the game. The sytem sees them as separate promotions and will only allow one or the other.[/quote]
So you can elect to just use the 15% off coupon? I really have no use for a Circuit City gift card (especially if they close down with their financial woes before I get to use it) and I'd rather just get some cash off the game.

[quote name='Professor Oreo']Bought Saint's Row 2 in-store today and tried to use the 15% off coupon. The system wouldn't take the coupon and allow me to get the $10 giftcard that comes with the game. The sytem sees them as separate promotions and will only allow one or the other.[/quote]

Same here..

Yea same here. So it looks like I will be waiting on Saints Row 2 for some one to trade it in used at a EB or something.

I went to me local CC a few hours ago and they didn't have socom in stock so I'll check tomorrow and try the coupon

Since this is an active thread, even though this specific deal has expired, thought I would post here instead of creating another thread.

I just received a bunch of coupons from the US Postal Service for moving in to a new place. One was the coupon for $40 off purchase of $199 or more from Circuit City. Very similar to the one that was posted earlier that expired in September. Except this new coupon is valid through December 5, and more importantly does not have any restrictions on it being applied to video games.

I picked up the Ratchet & Clank PSP-3000 for $159+tax :)

[quote name='Gandhi']Since this is an active thread, even though this specific deal has expired, thought I would post here instead of creating another thread.

I just received a bunch of coupons from the US Postal Service for moving in to a new place. One was the coupon for $40 off purchase of $199 or more from Circuit City. Very similar to the one that was posted earlier that expired in September. Except this new coupon is valid through December 5, and more importantly does not have any restrictions on it being applied to video games.

I picked up the Ratchet & Clank PSP-3000 for $159+tax :)[/quote]

You thinkyou can give us a scan of your coupon front and back?

[quote name='Alucard400']You thinkyou can give us a scan of your coupon front and back?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but I just moved last week and have not unpacked everything yet, including my scanner.

However, you can hop on down to your friendly neighborhood post office and pick up one of those thick moving envelopes they have sitting on the front counter. The coupon from Circuit City is in there, among a stack from other retailers.

[quote name='Gandhi']Sorry, but I just moved last week and have not unpacked everything yet, including my scanner.

However, you can hop on down to your friendly neighborhood post office and pick up one of those thick moving envelopes they have sitting on the front counter. The coupon from Circuit City is in there, among a stack from other retailers.[/QUOTE]

The Circuit City coupons were never in the movers packet that you can pick-up at the Post Office they are always in the coupon packet thet send you after a change of address.

I went to Best Buy and told them that Circuit City was going to honor the coupon even though it was a day late since Socom was listed on CC's website as coming out yesterday. They gave me the 15%; Socom Bundle for $54.70

CC had told me they would honor it today because of their mistake (not trying to pull a fast one on BB) but I went to BB to get a few Reward Points since I was only a few away from getting a $5 gift card from them.

I went in yesterday and they didn't have Socom. The girl at the counter basically told me I was out of luck but the manager came by and said he would honor it today. They didn't have it today either, so he told me that whenever it comes in, I'll get the 15% off.

Circuit City doesn't double promos. They'll just give you whatever deal is the best, which in the case of Saints Row 2 is the gift card. They should however still give you 10% off a game that comes with a gift card if you're using a gamers saving club card because you pay for membership for that and I'm pretty sure it doesn't state anywhere in the membership terms that you can't.

I was able to use 15 0ff 100 coupon to get Dead Space for $42 & change.
Of course I bought another $50 game which got 15% off too.
Tried straight 15% off earlier but that did not work. So if any of you guys got those 15 off 100, go for it

[quote name='jug_head_4ever']I was able to use 15 0ff 100 coupon to get Dead Space for $42 & change.
Of course I bought another $50 game which got 15% off too.
Tried straight 15% off earlier but that did not work. So if any of you guys got those 15 off 100, go for it[/quote]

Is that online?

bread's done
Back