Circuit City $16.96 April/May clearance... **Updated 5/18/07**

Derrick1979

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Seeing no one stepped up to do this I figured I would go for it..
First off I give credit to all the past posters and creators of these threads and the people who have contributed to them..

Feel free to contribute to the list and I will regularly update it as needed..

So from what we have so far here it goes:

**Quick note as requested(by Roufuss) , here is a link to the March clearance list with an array of games you might not know are on sale to: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130669 **
**Updated with prices more to come**

** Special thanks to Neocisco for the huge list and prices to add to the update ** Thanks to Bmarquardt for the list here's the link http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138354 **

Playstation 2

Disgaea 2 ($16.96)
God Hand ($16.96)
Castlevania:Curse of Darkness ($8.96)
Mortal Kombat: Deception ($16.96)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Lumines ($16.96)
Space Channel 5 SE ($2.96)
Suikoden Tactics ($9.99)
Alien Homined ($12.96)
50 Cent: Bulletproof ($12.96)
Chicken Little: Ace in Action ($12.96)
College Hoops 2K6 ($12.96)
Commandos: Strike Force ($12.96)
Da Vinci Code ($12.96)
Drakengard 2 ($12.96)
Enter the Matrix ($12.96)
The Getaway: Black Monday ($3.96)
Gran Turismo 3 ($12.96)
Kim Possible: What's the Switch? ($12.96)
Midnight Club Street Racing ($4.96)
Monster Rancher EVO ($16.97)
MLB 2006 ($12.96)
MVP NCAA Baseball 06 ($12.96)
NASCAR 2006: Total Team Racing ($12.96)
NBA 2K6 ($12.96)
NBA 2006 ($12.96)
NCAA Football 2006 ($12.96)
NCAA March Madness 06 ($12.96)
Need for Speed: Underground ($12.96)
NHL 06 ($12.96)
Pro Stroke Golf ($12.96)
Rise of the Kasai ($4.96)
World Championship Poker ($3.96)

Xbox

Enter the Matrix
Ninja Gaiden Black ($16.96)
Prince of Persia: Two Thrones ($16.96)
Arena Football ($12.96)
Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood ($12.96)
Burnout 3: Takedown ($16.96)
Da Vinci Code ($12.96)
Juiced ($8.96)
Max Payne ($4.96)
MVP NCAA Baseball 06 ($12.96)
NBA Ballers: Phenom ($12.96)
NBA Street Vol. 2 ($12.96)
NCAA Football 2005 ($4.96)
NCAA March Madness 06 ($12.96)
NHL 2K6 ($4.96)
Paintball Max'd ($12.96)
Rainbow Six: Lockdown ($12.96)
Star Wars: Episode III-Revenge of the Sith ($12.96)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2006 ($12.96)
Without Warning ($4.96)
X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse ($12.96)
Oddworlds: Strangers Wrath
Darkwatch
Grand Theft Auto Trilogy ($16.96)

Xbox 360

Bomberman Act Zero ($16.96)
Amped 3 ($16.96)
The Outfit ($16.96)
NBA 2K6 ($16.96)
MotoGP '06 ($16.96)
Ridge Racer 6 ($16.96)
King Kong ($16.96)

Gamecube

Zelda Four Swords PC ($16.96)
Harvest Moon Magical Melody ($16.96)
NHL 06 ($12.96)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005 ($12.96)
WarioWare Inc. ($16.96)
Donkey Konga 2 w/ Bongos ($16.96)

DS

Bubble Bobble Revolution
Castlevania:portrait of Ruin ($16.96)
Lost Magic ($12.96)
Scurge Hive ($12.96)
True Swing Golf ($12.96)
Meteos ($16.96)
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney ($16.96)

PSP

Guilty Gear Judgement ($12.99)
Gretzky NHL 2006 ($12.96)
Metal Gear Acid 2 ($12.96)
NBA Live 2006 ($12.96)
Splinter Cell Essentials ($16.96)
Monster Hunter Freedom ($16.96)

GBA

Ant Bully ($12.96)
F-Zero: GP Legend ($3.96)
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga ($16.96)
Teen Titans ($9.96)
Wade Hixton's Counter-Punch ($4.96)
World Poker Tour ($4.96)

I don't know how old this is, but Bioncle: Heroes for the DS is only $16.96 as well. I found an unmarked copy on the shelf about a month ago, and when I asked someone to do a price check it came up for that price. I later saw two more copies on the shelf marked at $29.99.

Also, Justice League Heroes is $16.96 as well, but I'm pretty sure that's an old one. One of my CCs has had the same five copies sitting in the clearance bin for months now.

[quote name='freshzen']what the......

So are you going to try and keep every single clearance game listed? This is gonna get messy!

A lot of those are really old prices >_

I was able to pick up Castlevania (XB), Phoenix Wright 1, GTA Trilogy (XB) and MGS 3: Subsistence at the Everett CC (Lynnwood didn't even anything worth mentioning). If anyone has a spare Monster Hunter Freedom or Disgaea 2, please PM me.

Thanks for the tip OP and others!

Thanks for the post!

Went to the Mopac/Braker store in North Austin.

I think I took the only copies of Harvest Moon Magical Melody for gamecube and God Hand for PS2.

Really wanted a copy of Monster Hunter and Disgaea 2. Oh well.

Decided to finally pick up Castlevania:pOR. Now have all the GBA and DS Castlevania games and all were on CLEARANCE!! Whoo Hoo!!

I managed to pick up Disgaea 2. It was buried under a pile of junk games, but oh well. Disgaea was label 50.00, but asked for a price check and came up $16.95.

Thanks a lot op, even if I don't like the game it goes for more on eBay. :applause:

I"ll be damned. My local CC had a few copies of Disgaea 2. I picked up one and left the rest at the Winston-Salem, NC store. They are marked $50

Didn't find Disgaea 2 at my local CC but I managed to score Castlevania PoR. The cashier must have scanned the game 5 or 6 times, looking at the $34.99 tag on the game and then seeing the lower price on his screen. He gave me the stinkeye like I was trying to pull a fast one on him.

He finally gave up trying to get the scanner to magically ring it up at the tagged price and let me buy it for $16.96.

Has anyone seen the PSP Monster Hunter Freedom at their local CC? They don't have one in the two near me.

:cry:

I found 3 copies of Monster Hunter Freedom at a different Circuit City in Austin (slaughter lane). I bought all three and mistakenly opened two. I meant to open the one with the sticker on the packaging "free strategy guide online" (or something like that), but opened the one without the sticker first.

Willing to trade, but I'm not sure what my wants are just yet.

I bought the last copy of Disgaea 2 at one of the local CC's. If any Toledo CAG's are looking for it you'll have to check the Airport store.

There are a bunch of new $4.96 games on the website, some of which used to be more money. I wonder if there are even more $4.96 games not online but in store?

Damn, absolutely no copies of Disgaea 2 or Castlevania: PoR. I did see quite a number of God Hands, though.

Bought God Hand and Pokémon Trozei for $16.96 each, along with Brain Age which was on sale for $13.

Here's a few more titles you might want to add to the OP list:

PS2

Grandia III ($16.96)
Monster Rancher Evo ($16.96)
Tales of Legendia ($16.96)
Xenosaga III ($16.96)

GC
Battalion Wars ($12.96)
Chibi Robo ($12.96)
Fire Emblem ($12.96)
Harvest Moon Another Wonderful Life ($16.96)

PSP
Metal Gear Acid 1 ($12.96)

oh btw don't forget to add on the list Full Metal Alchemist and Rayman DS which was ~$16 and ~$14 respectively!!!!

[quote name='HakFoo']I found 3 copies of Monster Hunter Freedom at a different Circuit City in Austin (slaughter lane). I bought all three and mistakenly opened two. I meant to open the one with the sticker on the packaging "free strategy guide online" (or something like that), but opened the one without the sticker first.

Willing to trade, but I'm not sure what my wants are just yet.[/quote]

PM me if you come up with something you are looking for. I have local BB, CC, and Fry's here, so I have access to quite a bit of good stuff.

Picked up Space Channel 5 but didn't see Disgaea 2 anywhere...

Anyone who's played it, is SC5 worth it or is it something to take back?

[quote name='qpwoeiruty']Picked up Space Channel 5 but didn't see Disgaea 2 anywhere...

Anyone who's played it, is SC5 worth it or is it something to take back?[/quote]
Space Channel 5 is totally worth it, although it may not be for everyone. You'll either adore it as one of the best rhythm games ever, or think it's the stupidest thing ever.

The version on clearance is actually the original and the sequel in one package. Despite it being two games in one, it will be a very short experience (as most rhythm games are). If you don't enjoy the first one, try Part 2; they made a lot of improvements to the mechanics.

My opinion: for $3, don't take it back.

PS - Michael Jackson is in it.

[quote name='Ranger Rick']Am I the only one who doesn't find $16.96 to be a good clearance price?[/quote]
I tend to judge deals relative to the original price of the game. $16.96 is an excellent price for something like Disgaea 2, which is still newish.

[quote name='Ranger Rick']Am I the only one who doesn't find $16.96 to be a good clearance price?[/QUOTE]

No, especially when last year, at about this time, people were going crazy over $10 games, and that was a solid selection. Dare I ask if this is all we should expect from the yearly CC clearance?

[quote name='Ranger Rick']Am I the only one who doesn't find $16.96 to be a good clearance price?[/quote]

totally depends on the game

[quote name='Ranger Rick']Am I the only one who doesn't find $16.96 to be a good clearance price?[/QUOTE]

Depends on the game..but I'll be honest

so far the $16.96 clearance has been pretty decent across the board....from big name DS games...to Xbox 360 games [and with 360, pretty much anything under $20 that isn't Arcade Unplugged or The Outfit is gold] and some of the more high profile PS2 RPG's..I think it's a pretty solid clearance price...

Simply said..if you got in on Portrait of Ruin, Phoenix Wright, Dragon Quest, Disgaea 2, Tales of Legendia, Xenosaga Episode III, and ANY of the 360 games..you made out pretty well...most of them you can make profit on and if you're actually looking to play them, it's a hell of a deal.

[quote name='sarausagi']Depends on the game..but I'll be honest

so far the $16.96 clearance has been pretty decent across the board....from big name DS games...to Xbox 360 games [and with 360, pretty much anything under $20 that isn't Arcade Unplugged or The Outfit is gold] and some of the more high profile PS2 RPG's..I think it's a pretty solid clearance price...

Simply said..if you got in on Portrait of Ruin, Phoenix Wright, Dragon Quest, Disgaea 2, Tales of Legendia, Xenosaga Episode III, and ANY of the 360 games..you made out pretty well...most of them you can make profit on and if you're actually looking to play them, it's a hell of a deal.[/quote]

Arcade Unplugged is a blast. :(

[quote name='RollingSkull']Arcade Unplugged is a blast. :([/QUOTE]

Never said it wasn't, but it's $19.99 everywhere, $16.96 is a margina discount versus say $39 to $16

No, I'm right there with you, *especially* considering that front lane prices of some pretty good games at several other stores are lower than that.

Still, the other poster is right: putting Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin and other newish games down to $16.96 is a *very* nice price. But when I'm actually picking up Gunpey, Exit, and others from Best Buy at $5 after the Gamepro coupon, yeah...$16.96 ain't lookin' so hot at all.

[quote name='Vegan']
I tend to judge deals relative to the original price of the game. $16.96 is an excellent price for something like Disgaea 2, which is still newish.[/QUOTE]

Definitely. I also like to judge the deals on "Will a deal like this show up in the future?"

I doubt we'll ever see Disgaea 2 get any cheaper than $16.96 brand new, but those front lane games at Best Buy will be cheap everywhere - and truth be told, I'd rather pay $10 more and grab Disgaea 2 than some bargain bin shit I can get for $5 any time in the future, more than likely. Like the example above, I'd rather grab an amazing AAA game like Portrait of Ruin at half off, instead of some average titles at $5 a piece.

Stuff like Lumines Plus is a horrible deal, $19.99 down to $16.96? That is garbage. At $10.96, or even $12.96, I'd consider it though.

But all the PS2 RPG's have been amazing deals - can't wait until CC finally clearances out Valkyrie Profile 2, I'm hoping June will be the month!

[quote name='boagman']No, I'm right there with you, *especially* considering that front lane prices of some pretty good games at several other stores are lower than that.

Still, the other poster is right: putting Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin and other newish games down to $16.96 is a *very* nice price. But when I'm actually picking up Gunpey, Exit, and others from Best Buy at $5 after the Gamepro coupon, yeah...$16.96 ain't lookin' so hot at all.[/quote]

It depends on location, If you can find them at BB then yeah but if you cant your going to jump on the next best thing...

i thought $16.96 for the RPG games were a great deal. specially considering they've only been out a few months or not even a year at most. it isnt if youre offering something like Lumines Plus, Spyro, or any other mindless sequels that comes out. and it seems like these days the prices at CC comes down to $16.96 quite fast, and I think.

Anyone think the Gears of War Limited Edition will be on clearance soon?
A cc kinda out of the way has 18 of them while the one near my home has none. I was kinda shocked to see 18 of them sittin' there.

so all these games are still 16.XX? I think I saw Grandia 3 and Onimsuha dawn of dreams around here somewhere thought they would drop more by now...

I picked up Disgaea 2 and 2 copies of SC5SE (one for me, one for a friend). I've never played Disgaea, but from what I understand it could last me a loooong time.

[quote name='boagman']No, I'm right there with you, *especially* considering that front lane prices of some pretty good games at several other stores are lower than that.

Still, the other poster is right: putting Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin and other newish games down to $16.96 is a *very* nice price. But when I'm actually picking up Gunpey, Exit, and others from Best Buy at $5 after the Gamepro coupon, yeah...$16.96 ain't lookin' so hot at all.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but those frontlane games mostly suck (or they're old, etc). Gunpey and Exit are pretty good, but they're the exception. Disgaea 2 and a lot of the other games we're talking about are great games and are pretty new as well. The problem is that CC also has their crappy games priced the same, and if they keep them there long enough I suppose someone is bound to buy them, even at that price. So we may not see the rock bottom clearances as much.

[quote name='icruise']Yeah, but those frontlane games mostly suck (or they're old, etc). Gunpey and Exit are pretty good, but they're the exception. Disgaea 2 and a lot of the other games we're talking about are great games and are pretty new as well. The problem is that CC also has their crappy games priced the same, and if they keep them there long enough I suppose someone is bound to buy them, even at that price. So we may not see the rock bottom clearances as much.[/QUOTE]

Erm, it sure sounds like we're pretty much in agreement. My basic point was that $16.96 for games less than six months old isn't that bad, but when you look at Gunpey for $4.99 after coupon, which is also less than six months old, well...it is what it looks like.

As well, you have to understand that I happen to be a guy that hates RPGs, so Diarrhea 2 (kidding!) and its ilk don't have any real pull for me. I can, however, appreciate the likes of C:poR being that cheap half a year or so after it's out.

I happen to appreciate more the BB clearances with ridiculously low prices, even if they're basically gone before I can get to them. I wouldn't call $16.96 a "blow-it-out-the-door" price for *any* game.

[quote name='boagman']
I happen to appreciate more the BB clearances with ridiculously low prices, even if they're basically gone before I can get to them. I wouldn't call $16.96 a "blow-it-out-the-door" price for *any* game.[/QUOTE]
It's not. That's why so many of us are still able to find them. (Well, that and the fact that a lot of CCs don't have these games properly marked.)

[quote name='icruise']It's not. That's why so many of us are still able to find them. (Well, that and the fact that a lot of CCs don't have these games properly marked.)[/QUOTE]

Not me! They're not at the ones around here that I've been to...so I guess the result is pretty much the same to me.

Picked up Harvest Moon Magical Melody, didn't see Disgaea 2 (no surprise), and forgot to look for Castlevania:poR at Circuit City near me. Probably keep HM sealed in case I find it at a Best Buy somewhere.

The $9.99 games that were just added are NOT in-store prices. The $9.99 games are online only and NOT available for in-store pick up. Please take them off your clearance list before you confuse people.

However, you CAN pricematch in-store if the items still show up on the web site (even if they aren't available for purchase). But yeah, they should be separated out, and probably not on the list at all, because they aren't really clearances.

I went into a Circuit City looking for Kingdom Hearts 2 for my sister today (which they didn't have), but I've got a small price update:

I found Wade Hixton's Counter-Punch for $4.96. Seeing as Punch-Out! is one of my all-time favorite games and this is supposedly a spiritual successor to it, I'm happy. :D

bread's done
Back