Circuit City 20% off all DS games

[quote name='munkapotamus']Title says it all.

No coupon, it was just in the sunday paper.

I don't know if it stacks with their gamer card, someone should test to find out.[/quote]
This is in the weekly ad, and it's already been mentioned in the weekly sticky thread.

i buy advance wars days of ruin for 22.99 plus tax
nice deal and work with all ds games

I got an email from CC today and the clever wording said "Up to 20% off on all DS Lite games." A lot of the stuff was still $29.99 and $34.99 on the website.

Nice to know it's 20% off all of them in store, though

I wonder if it stacks with the Gamers' Savings Membership. Only 20 for Advance Wars? Maybe I'll throw Sonic Rush Adventure in too.

Too bad Proffessor Layton and the Curious Village. comes out on Sunday...

Note that the new Advance Wars is not included with the 20% off sale.

It's kind of an oxymoron, this sale is. They list:

"20% off ALL DS games", then immediately following,
"over 100 titles to choose from".

Lame.

[quote name='vimac']i buy advance wars days of ruin for 22.99 plus tax
nice deal and work with all ds games[/QUOTE]

Hoping to match this at BB since I've got RewardZone coupons saved up...

Well considering I've never seen a CC with anywhere near 100 titles for any system I'd have to think that it'd be on all DS titles. Bought PW Justice for All yesterday not knowing so I'll have to get an adjustment. Besides it says all without any disclaimer that it's all under x.xx or anything. Can't really see a way they would be able to get around honoring it without committing outright fraud.

When I've used the Gamer Card, I've had it applied to other discounts, such as game guides. They had a 50% off deal on all game guides, plus the Gamer 10%. On that same purchase, I price matched games from Best Buy hoping the discount would apply to these games as wel, but it didn't work, so I assume as long as it's a Circuit City markdown, you can apply the 10% in addition to other promos.

Anyone tried this on clearance games yet? Asking because I remember last time there was some deal on games, it wasn't applying to clearance games unless you got a manager override

[quote name='amusedtoe']Well considering I've never seen a CC with anywhere near 100 titles for any system I'd have to think that it'd be on all DS titles. Bought PW Justice for All yesterday not knowing so I'll have to get an adjustment. Besides it says all without any disclaimer that it's all under x.xx or anything. Can't really see a way they would be able to get around honoring it without committing outright fraud.[/QUOTE]

Do i have to go to the store personally to get it adjusted?

I purchased PW as well

mannn you are a lier
this oferts incluide all ds games i buy today in store a copy of advance wars days of ruins for 22 99 plus tax
so check by yourself before to post comment

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Anyone tried this on clearance games yet? Asking because I remember last time there was some deal on games, it wasn't applying to clearance games unless you got a manager override[/quote]

It worked for me. I picked up Rocket Slime for 20% off. None of the games were comming up for 20% off at my CC so I just pointed at the sign hanging up by the DS games and they gave me the discount.

I moved recently and my Circuit City is like 45 miles away now, but I have a Best Buy walking distance from me. Would the ad be in the newspaper and would BB pm it? Thanks. I want to go pick up a copy of AW: DoR.

[quote name='vimac']mannn you are a lier
this oferts incluide all ds games i buy today in store a copy of advance wars days of ruins for 22 99 plus tax
so check by yourself before to post comment[/quote]

:shock: Be are having you speeking an English muchly?

so check by yourself before to post comment[/QUOTE]
Look, kid, I'm not some "lier" because of my post.

The 20% off deal does not work for Advance Wars through circuitcity.com. So bite my ass.

[quote name='Arcademode']Look, kid, I'm not some "lier" because of my post.

The 20% off deal does not work for Advance Wars through circuitcity.com. So bite my ass.[/quote]

These deals almost never apply online.

It seems like it's a bit of a hassle to get this deal. My cashier couldn't even find it in the add until I told her what page, and where. Then she had to get a supervisor to ring up the order since she couldn't add discounts.

I did luck out though since Bleach: Blade of Fate rung up at $16, and I also picked up Lunar Nights for $24.

If the Assassin's Creed game looks any good I'll probably pick that up later this week.

I bought Phoenix Wright: Justice for All today for $12 even plus tax. I had to get it adjusted from $14.99, but they didn't hassle me at all. The hard part was finding a cashier at all. :roll:

[quote name='jrhawk42']It seems like it's a bit of a hassle to get this deal. My cashier couldn't even find it in the add until I told her what page, and where. Then she had to get a supervisor to ring up the order since she couldn't add discounts.

I did luck out though since Bleach: Blade of Fate rung up at $16, and I also picked up Lunar Nights for $24.

If the Assassin's Creed game looks any good I'll probably pick that up later this week.[/QUOTE]

I think you meant to say Lunar Knights rang up for $16 and Bleach for $24 ;)

Lunar Knights is a known clearance title at $16.96. Otherwise, I'm going to have to run to CC to pick up Bleach!

Yes it's in the ad so you should be able to go to BB with it. This could turn out to be a decent little sale if your store has any decent stuff left that's been going down.

[quote name='Arcademode']Look, kid, I'm not some "lier" because of my post.

The 20% off deal does not work for Advance Wars through circuitcity.com. So bite my shiny metal ass.[/quote]

Fixed.

if apollo comes out soon...and its on ALL DS games from what most here are saying...why WOULDNT it work for apollo? Also can someone confirm Bleach being cheap, cuz i'll jump on that for that price. Im gonna try and head to my CC tomorrow, well, later today since its 1:15am here now, and also I am no looking forward to dealing with idiot cashiers at ALL. I'm just aiming to get a couple games for 20% off since I only get a 10% off new product discount at the game crazy I work at (i get 20% off used but hey id rather get 20% off a new sealed game).

so check by yourself before to post comment[/quote]

35690-lmfao.jpg

Dizaam! I was just at CC today and picked up Final Fantasy III for the DS. I saw that the 39.99 price had gone down to 29.99, so I figured I would pick it up. I wasn't too sold on paying $30 but went on impulse, figuring I could hold on to it unopened for a while at least. If I can score an additional $20 off it makes it a good enough buy in my book.

I checked the recipt again after seeing this thread and it did come up as 29.99 still. Can I take it back to my CC and have them adjust the price? Is all I need just a copy of the ad (which I am sure they have all over in the stores) to show the register and get the price adjusted?

I also picked up a copy of FF:VI Advance there too- it was $30 as well but I have not seen it in any store for quite a while so I figured I'd pick it up while I still had the chance.

The whole buying spree was prompted by the ES/GS 25% off GCN/GBA games coupon. I snagged used copies of Final Fantasy V, WarioWare Twisted, and Zelda:LTTP from gamestop. The thing is, there was also a FF:IV advance at the GS as well which I kind of wanted to get but isn't FF:IV coming out on the DS just like FF:III did? I figured I would hold off on getting IV:advance for the GBA as the same game is coming out for the DS with 3D graphics soon. Although it would be kinda neat to have a complete collection (I already had FF:I+II for the GBA, picking up IV in addition to the V and VI that I got today would give me all the FF remakes for GBA, and with III for the DS I would have all of them I-VI).

Ruahrc

[quote name='GrimmTrixX']if apollo comes out soon...and its on ALL DS games from what most here are saying...why WOULDNT it work for apollo? Also can someone confirm Bleach being cheap, cuz i'll jump on that for that price. Im gonna try and head to my CC tomorrow, well, later today since its 1:15am here now, and also I am no looking forward to dealing with idiot cashiers at ALL. I'm just aiming to get a couple games for 20% off since I only get a 10% off new product discount at the game crazy I work at (i get 20% off used but hey id rather get 20% off a new sealed game).[/QUOTE]
Apollo comes out on the 19th, the last day for this deal will be the 10th...

Wait...so this doesn't apply to online? If not, why do they have it advertised on the site, with a link bringing you to their DS games selection? That just doesn't make any sense. Oh wait...it's CC, so it would make perfect sense.

Wait...nevermind...I see the games that it applies to online.

I went to CC yesterday with a friend and we both grabbed Advance Wars DOR and they had to manually price both copies.

[quote name='jrhawk42']It seems like it's a bit of a hassle to get this deal. My cashier couldn't even find it in the add until I told her what page, and where. Then she had to get a supervisor to ring up the order since she couldn't add discounts.

If the Assassin's Creed game looks any good I'll probably pick that up later this week.[/QUOTE]

wait, why was bleach at $16?

O wait.

[quote name='Josef']I think you meant to say Lunar Knights rang up for $16 and Bleach for $24 ;)

Lunar Knights is a known clearance title at $16.96. Otherwise, I'm going to have to run to CC to pick up Bleach![/QUOTE]

This makes a lot more sense.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Apollo comes out on the 19th, the last day for this deal will be the 10th...[/quote]

lol well that would be a good reason now wouldnt it. my bad :whistle2:?

nice deal and work with all ds games[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't Advance Wars have rung up at $24 + tax?

[quote name='ITDEFX']I PM this with BB because my local CC thinks 20% off is actually 10% off by saying "2.99 IS 20% off 29.99" :roll:[/QUOTE]

Do we have to do math for them now too? Oh well, I guess Best Buy is less evil than Circuit City, so...

nice deal and work with all ds games[/quote]

not a bad deal I plan to pick up Assassins creed and Advance Wars 2

[quote name='Ruahrc']Dizaam! I was just at CC today and picked up Final Fantasy III for the DS. I saw that the 39.99 price had gone down to 29.99, so I figured I would pick it up. I wasn't too sold on paying $30 but went on impulse, figuring I could hold on to it unopened for a while at least. If I can score an additional $20 off it makes it a good enough buy in my book.

I checked the recipt again after seeing this thread and it did come up as 29.99 still. Can I take it back to my CC and have them adjust the price? Is all I need just a copy of the ad (which I am sure they have all over in the stores) to show the register and get the price adjusted?

I also picked up a copy of FF:VI Advance there too- it was $30 as well but I have not seen it in any store for quite a while so I figured I'd pick it up while I still had the chance.

The whole buying spree was prompted by the ES/GS 25% off GCN/GBA games coupon. I snagged used copies of Final Fantasy V, WarioWare Twisted, and Zelda:LTTP from gamestop. The thing is, there was also a FF:IV advance at the GS as well which I kind of wanted to get but isn't FF:IV coming out on the DS just like FF:III did? I figured I would hold off on getting IV:advance for the GBA as the same game is coming out for the DS with 3D graphics soon. Although it would be kinda neat to have a complete collection (I already had FF:I+II for the GBA, picking up IV in addition to the V and VI that I got today would give me all the FF remakes for GBA, and with III for the DS I would have all of them I-VI).

Ruahrc[/QUOTE]

Two things you should know:
1) FFIII is $19.99 almost everywhere now, including amazon and gamestop. Just return it to CC.
2) Square is remaking FF III-VI on DS, so if you are interestred in the remakes I'd hold off on the GBA versions.

It will be interesting to see what happens when they get to VII...

Wait, I'm at their website right now and you can get Advance Wars Days of Ruin for $23.98 as well as Assassin's Creed Pre-order for $23.98, so your best bet is to pre-order and it might stack with that gamer card they have that gives you 10% off pre-orders. Free shipping on anything over $24, so you'll have to find filler but, saves you the hassle of trying to get a CSA to price adjust in-store.

For the record no discount on Professor Layton and the Curious Village or Apollo Justice pre-orders as well as a few other games.

Other notables Dragon Quest Monsters for $31.98 and Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings also for $31.98 both $8 off CC's MSRP.

[quote name='ma']FFIII is $19.99 almost everywhere now, including amazon and gamestop. Just return it to CC.[/QUOTE]

It's $29.99 everywhere now, down from $39.99, including Amazon. I think I've read it's on clearance at Target for 9.98 or thereabouts, but it hasn't hit that price point in my area.

I picked up "Advance Wars: Days of Ruin" for $21.60. The game rings up as $29.99 (as shown in the ad), but they were willing to manually remove 20%, once I showed them the "20% off all DS games" part of the ad. Then, the cashier stacked my Gamers Savings Club card (10% off) on top of that -- for those of you who can't do arithmetic, that comes to a total of 28% off. (All of these discounts were done manually by the cashier.) Not too bad, considering that this is a "must-buy" game for me.

Funny story about the checkout process:
After the girl finished ringing up the game, she told me the total and I handed her $25 in cash. She punched it in and then held my $25 out to me as if she were giving me change. I looked at her for a second like "what the fuck are you doing?" before she realized exactly what it was she was doing. I made some smart-ass comments about Circuit City not accepting U.S. currency anymore, and we laughed it off.

She must have been stunned by my rugged good looks and smooth bass-baritone.

[quote name='siderealshift']I picked up "Advance Wars: Days of Ruin" for $21.60. The game rings up as $29.99 (as shown in the ad), but they were willing to manually remove 20%, once I showed them the "20% off all DS games" part of the ad. Then, the cashier stacked my Gamers Savings Club card (10% off) on top of that -- for those of you who can't do arithmetic, that comes to a total of 28% off. (All of these discounts were done manually by the cashier.) Not too bad, considering that this is a "must-buy" game for me.

Funny story about the checkout process:
After the girl finished ringing up the game, she told me the total and I handed her $25 in cash. She punched it in and then held my $25 out to me as if she were giving me change. I looked at her for a second like "what the fuck are you doing?" before she realized exactly what it was she was doing. I made some smart-ass comments about Circuit City not accepting U.S. currency anymore, and we laughed it off.

She must have been stunned by my rugged good looks and smooth bass-baritone.
[/quote]

Good spoiler!, good to know that they are willing to stack the gamer card. Well I hope mine does at least.

[quote name='Redeema']Wait, I'm at their website right now and you can get Advance Wars Days of Ruin for $23.98 as well as Assassin's Creed Pre-order for $23.98, so your best bet is to pre-order and it might stack with that gamer card they have that gives you 10% off pre-orders. Free shipping on anything over $24, so you'll have to find filler but, saves you the hassle of trying to get a CSA to price adjust in-store.

For the record no discount on Professor Layton and the Curious Village or Apollo Justice pre-orders as well as a few other games...[/quote]

I guess they updated the site to discount all DS games that are expected to be available during the sale dates. Unfortunately, I've already pre-ordered Assassin's Creed DS from another site, as I had an expiring GC, and that site didn't have Professor Layton or Apollo Justice available for pre-order. At least it is better than what they had originally, with only a few DS games discounted on the site, but I was really hoping to get those 2.

Question: Has anyone found Trials & Tribulations at CC, and is it $19.99, pre-discount? It hasn't been listed on their website for quite some time. I checked the one near my work on my lunch break, but they didn't have it. I'd love to pick it up for 20% off, especially since I have a CC gift card that would cover it.

So would I be able to get Days of Ruin for 30 plus the 20% off? Should I make a trip to my circuit city? Will they do it for sure?

I'm kind of interested in picking up Word Jong for the DS...I've heard some good things about it...but I can't seem to find it on the CC website.

Has anyone seen it in the stores?

bread's done
Back