Circuit City 20% off all DS games

I guess I should buy Advance Wars sometime this week, I'll probably use the gift cards I got for preordering DMC4 and Smash Bros so it won't cost me to much.

[quote name='bmachine']I'm kind of interested in picking up Word Jong for the DS...I've heard some good things about it...but I can't seem to find it on the CC website.

Has anyone seen it in the stores?[/quote]

I haven't, but thanks for the reminder. I'll look for that the next time I look for T&T. I can miss two birds with one stone.

seems its not all Ds games

i returned

children of mana and custom robo arena that i got 3 weeks back for 8.96

cashier rung them up again and they both came up 8.96 even after hitting total

word jong is very bad. there is no hints so if there is a word that can be spelt you have to figure it out yourself

The CC nearest me continues to be horrible. Not a copy of Advanced Wars anywhere. I finally pick a game then have to spend 15 min argueing and waiting to save $4. Hopefully the one im going ot tomarrow will be better.

[quote name='slidecage']seems its not all Ds games

i returned

children of mana and custom robo arena that i got 3 weeks back for 8.96

cashier rung them up again and they both came up 8.96 even after hitting total

word jong is very bad. there is no hints so if there is a word that can be spelt you have to figure it out yourself[/QUOTE]
Children of Mana was $7.17 for me, I think

Price matched at Best Buy and got Advance Wars, Geometry Wars, and Mario Party DS, for around $63. Got a little extra off from a $10 gift card I got from an earlier GPS purchase. Was wanting to check out FW on the Wii first, but will have to wait until it gets marked down.

[quote name='Josef']I think you meant to say Lunar Knights rang up for $16 and Bleach for $24 ;)

Lunar Knights is a known clearance title at $16.96. Otherwise, I'm going to have to run to CC to pick up Bleach![/QUOTE]

actually I had her ring up bleach first since it didn't have a price on it. She said it was just under 20, and then she rang up LK as 30. Also bleach seemed to be the last copy and was buried behind a bunch of brain ages so it might of just went on "auto" clearance.

I guess it doesn't really matter though I feel like I over paid for lunar knights now.

aw, man now I want three games from there
Naruto Path of the ninja, cooking mama 2, and Mario Party DS

this deal works for ALL DS games B&M

all you need is their own ad and the game of your choice...simple

i tried it last night and got my games with the price adjustment

[quote name='theflicker']It's $29.99 everywhere now, down from $39.99, including Amazon. I think I've read it's on clearance at Target for 9.98 or thereabouts, but it hasn't hit that price point in my area.[/QUOTE]

really?
My target has multiple copies of FFIII.
They scan at $29.99 though.
:whistle2:(

[quote name='deathscythehe']This is in the weekly ad, and it's already been mentioned in the weekly sticky thread.[/QUOTE]
Stacks with the gamer card. Did it on Sunday. 30% off!

I ordered Contra 4 and Advance Wars online. I doubt the prices for those games will get lower than $24 anytime soon.

Thanks for creating this thread. I was on the CC site early Sunday morning and none of the deals were online. Then, yesterday afternoon, I saw it was finally online.

I picked up Juiced 2, Jam Sessions, and SimCity.

[quote name='uglyteradon']I went to CC yesterday with a friend and we both grabbed Advance Wars DOR and they had to manually price both copies.[/quote]

yeah I picked up AW, and Geometry wars.... both came 24.99 but they should in fact be 23.99 so I have to go back this evening, sucks because they have to manually do the price change, and your stuck with someone who isn't proficient in math doing this on a calculator at least I was :cry: anyway, it works on ALL DS GAMES, don't be fooled if its out or comes out this week, its covered by the deal.

After finally finding someone to give my money to I picked up AW and FF12 today. The computer actually got the price right for once too. AW rang up for 23.99 and FF12 for 31.99. They didn't have any Assassin's in yet thou.

And I was ready to argue and everything.

[quote name='mastryoda']After finally finding someone to give my money to I picked up AW and FF12 today. The computer actually got the price right for once too. AW rang up for 23.99 and FF12 for 31.99. They didn't have any Assassin's in yet thou.

And I was ready to argue and everything.[/quote]

yeah I have to go tomorrow and pick up Assassin's creed for the 23.99 price.... sweet!!!!

I went to 3 CCs yesterday. I have the impression that they never carried Trials & Tribulations or Wordjong. Has anyone, at any point in time (not just during this sale, but ever), seen either of these games in a CC?

[quote name='mastryoda']After finally finding someone to give my money to I picked up AW and FF12 today. The computer actually got the price right for once too. AW rang up for 23.99 and FF12 for 31.99. They didn't have any Assassin's in yet thou.

And I was ready to argue and everything.[/quote]

I went in today and was contemplating buying those two as well, but I just couldn't justify the prices. With the 8.25% CA/LA tax, I just couldn't justify them as being cheap enough...basically a little over 10% off of already overly inflated MSRP prices.

I figure both will get cheaper eventually, most likely during a future CC clearance. $20 would be a very nice sweet spot for these.

And of course, the CC had no Atlus games like Etrian Odyssey or Luminous Arc. Those I definitely would have picked up at that price. I may have to try Best Buy, then turn around and have them pricematch plus 10% of the difference. Don't know if they'll pricematch the straight 20% off.

I got on Circuit City's website last night and was pleased to see the instant price cuts listed on all of the in-stock games. I ended up getting Geometry Wars (have been dying to find this for less than retail price since it came out) and Picross DS.

I really wanted to pick up DQM:J cause it's probably the cheapest I will see it in the next two years, maybe ever, but I know deep down that it will suck up what little free time I have left :cry:

I retuned some clearence games and while i was at CC, i decided to look around. Came away with Puzzle Quest and the first Phoneix Wright, both of whihc were in a clearence box i almost missed. Again had to show cashier the ad to ge 20% off but manager was cool about it.

[quote name='guessed']I went to 3 CCs yesterday. I have the impression that they never carried Trials & Tribulations or Wordjong. Has anyone, at any point in time (not just during this sale, but ever), seen either of these games in a CC?[/quote]
Can't help you with Trials...got mine at BB during the $20 deal a few weeks ago, so I haven't been looking.

I tried 3 Circuit City's in my travels and couldn't find Word Jong at any of them...I finally buckled and ordered it from Amazon for $20. It's a lot of fun...really gets the wheels turning in my head. The online challenge mode is like crack.

Trusty old Amazon never lets me down...prices have been matched on just about all of them...they even have Trial & Tribulation @ $18.99 for those of us who haven't gotten it. :cool:

Sucks that Assassin's creed isn't price matched...yet

[quote name='badramen']Quite a steal for Ace Attorney 2 at $12.00.[/quote]

didn't see that one, but its mine now... good deal indeed!!!

My girlfriend picked up Assassin's Creed DS today at CC for the 20% off, however we had to show them a print out from their own website before they would take off the discount. I don't understand why their system wouldn't automatically ring up the game with the discount. That is the third time this week we've had that happen and every time they give us a hard time before taking the money off.

I picked up Advance Wars yesterday and they had to correct the price to $23.99.

Still debating if there are other titles that I want to pick up.

[quote name='Wooten']My girlfriend picked up Assassin's Creed DS today at CC for the 20% off...[/quote]

Have you played it yet? I can't imagine it being good but I have to confess that I'm a little intrigued.

Well it's got me so ticked at Ubi the way they've handled this. They don't release anything but a handful of screens until the week before it comes out and barely let anyone play it. No video of it out there either. Now usually that's a guarantee that it's trash. Except the screens look pretty good and the limited write ups have actually been positive. ARGH!

Even if it's a straight forward Prince of Persia style platformer that's good, even if not great, it would be in a position to do great seeing as how few 3D platformers there are on the DS.

[quote name='amusedtoe']Well it's got me so ticked at Ubi the way they've handled this. They don't release anything but a handful of screens until the week before it comes out and barely let anyone play it. No video of it out there either. Now usually that's a guarantee that it's trash. Except the screens look pretty good and the limited write ups have actually been positive. ARGH!

Even if it's a straight forward Prince of Persia style platformer that's good, even if not great, it would be in a position to do great seeing as how few 3D platformers there are on the DS.[/quote]
Well previews from sites like IGN always tend to praise a game no matter how bad the final product might be. It's kind of funny when they write a very positive preview and then a month later the game comes out and they score it like a 6.5/10. That's why I always wait for an actual review and don't buy a game based on how good the preview sounds.

This AC game for DS does look interesting though and I do hope it turned out ok.

Well I know but still irritating. Like I said, even if it turned out to be 7 material where it's solid but hardly great it'd be worth it to me because I want a friggin 3D platformer!

[quote name='amusedtoe']Well it's got me so ticked at Ubi the way they've handled this. They don't release anything but a handful of screens until the week before it comes out and barely let anyone play it. No video of it out there either. Now usually that's a guarantee that it's trash. Except the screens look pretty good and the limited write ups have actually been positive. ARGH!

Even if it's a straight forward Prince of Persia style platformer that's good, even if not great, it would be in a position to do great seeing as how few 3D platformers there are on the DS.[/quote]

If you can hold off, just hold off because you just know it's going to be a bargain bin game, probably sooner rather than later. It'll undoubtedly be on the CC $17 clearance list before summer is over.

And after the underwhelming response/reviews for AC for the consoles, no surprise UBI is keeping this one from getting reviewed. Sounds like a dog.

Either that or they don't want more cartoons/parodies of the game's lead in her undies giving guys BJ's for their support.

I didn't even know Assassin's Creed was out yet for the DS. Looks like it's sold out at CC.com anyways. I picked up Advance Wars and Zelda:pH for $55 after tax which is rather good. Thanks for the heads up.

I picked up Advance Wars DoR yesterday and the 20% came off automatically with no need for an override. The 10% Gamers Card stacked with it making it only $21.59 before tax. Great deal for a first week release!

So, Professor Layton is out at my Best Buy already, so I'm going to try to price match this deal there. I shouldn't have a problem, right?

Got a copy of advanced wars: dor had to go to two CCs cause the first one didnt have anymore. Just to save ppl a trip the 14th street CC in NYC doesnt have it. I used my $10 DMC4 gift card and got it for a total of $16 with tax :)

[quote name='chair_home']So, Professor Layton is out at my Best Buy already, so I'm going to try to price match this deal there. I shouldn't have a problem, right?[/QUOTE]

Location? I'd love to do the same.

Not really surprising since the release date's Sunday which is really odd so they'd already have it and probably would just stick it out with Tuesdays stuff if they didn't realize.

[quote name='chair_home']So, Professor Layton is out at my Best Buy already, so I'm going to try to price match this deal there. I shouldn't have a problem, right?[/quote]

I was able to PM this deal for this game (and Advance Wars) at Sears. YMMV, since my cashier's manager told him he had to check the CC prices to make sure Sears' matched up, but when the manager walked away he skipped doing that :D.

[quote name='keithp']Location? I'd love to do the same.[/QUOTE]

I'm in Orlando, FL, but I hit a roadblock. It was in stock, but the employee I talked to looked at the computer and saw the release date of 2/10, so he said he couldn't sell it till Sunday. Other locations around the US are already selling this, so its YMMV if you can buy it or not. Just call up Best Buy and see if they have it. I might check another location, this is at Waterford Lakes, for anyone in my area.

When I tried to get Advance Wars at CC in Lynwood, WA, they wouldn't do it. They spent so much effort resisting it and I gave up. I'm going to try a different location later today.

[quote name='akilshohen']is $24.99 really 20% off of advance wars? That's what it cost me...I'm thinking it isn't[/quote]

If only you had access to a calculator. Somebody should make a computer program that does math.

bread's done
Back