Circuit City 20% off all DS games

[quote name='akilshohen']is $24.99 really 20% off of advance wars? That's what it cost me...I'm thinking it isn't[/quote]

If that's what you paid pre-tax ... umm, yeah, you got kinda screwed. After 5% tax here in MA, I got it for just over $25.

I went to a different CC yesterday that had the super old "giant receipt" style computers and the DS games did not ring up 20% off automatically and had to be overrided by a manager. I had no problems at the store with the new computers a few days ago. Also, the old computer stores still seem to refuse to accept the Gamers Card. I finally thought they fixed the problems with it, but I guess only the new computers do it automatically.

[quote name='guessed']If only you had access to a calculator. Somebody should make a computer program that does math.[/QUOTE]

And wouldn't it be a marvel if it came standard on the most used operating system in the world. :)

Probably a bad sign though when other games originally 29.99 are marked 23.99 in the ad.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Wait, so 20 off the clearence ones or no?
The 8.98 ones?[/quote]
I'm wondering the same thing...and whether they ring up with the 20% off automatically.

The 8.98 ones?[/quote]

I was able to get Rocket Slime (an $8.98 game) early in the week for 20% off but he needed to manually adjust it. Of course every time I went to CC this week they had to manually adjust whatever I was getting.

The 8.98 ones?[/quote]
I got Phoneix Wright for 20%off the clearence pirce and Puzzle Quest for 2o%off the 19.99 price, but i had to tell them about the sale for both, so its possible. I can see a manager saying that it doesn't count the clearence items, however. I think it matters who you get.

Just make a kind argument with the "all games" if you have trouble with clearance games. CC always has to manually do crap anyway.

I plan on using the 20% sale and my 10% gamers card on some clearance games.

Got Professor Layton and Advance Wars price matched from Best Buy so that was a success.

Swung by CC to get a price adjustment on Phoenix Wright and managed to find a copy of Picross and pure by accident Lunar Knights! Was debating on something else and accidentally knocked knocked over some Magical Starsign in the middle of which was hidden the Lunar Knights. Didn't think I'd ever find one of those new and it rang up 20% off. Almost made it worth wanting to smack the cashier when I had to get my price adjustment. Kept trying to give me the wrong amount of money and didn't get that it wasn't the right amount... learn to do basic math.

Got the copy of Advance Wars Days of Ruin I ordered on Monday today. Thanks for the tip OP. (For the record no CC within 45 minutes of me, so hitting a store was out of the question)

I got Castlevania PoR for $7something. I didn't realize this had dropped to $8.96 on clearance. I thought it was still at $16.96. Of course it had a $34.99 price tag on it which is probably why I was able to score a copy.

CC by me in Ohio is freaking terrible about their deals..

They called me a liar today.. in front of other customers.. about the 10 dollar giftcard for DMC4.. apparently its saturday and the game came out wednesday and they never sold a copy.. sad -_-V

After an hour of fighting with a manger, an assistant, two verizon people (dont ask), and three cashiers, they freaking gave me the discount on mario/sonic olypmic games for the ds for the girlfriend for V DAY -_-V

Jesus.. I then went over to BB, price matched cooking mama 2, and became happy again -_-

[quote name='kevzik']Just make a kind argument with the "all games" if you have trouble with clearance games. CC always has to manually do crap anyway.

I plan on using the 20% sale and my 10% gamers card on some clearance games.[/quote]

Hey Kev, how has your luck been at the chico CC? My gamer's card is in the mail right now, and I HOPE they let me stack them :)

[quote name='Arcademode']Look, kid, I'm not some "lier" because of my post.

The 20% off deal does not work for Advance Wars through circuitcity.com. So bite my ass.[/quote]
Worked for me on the 5th just fine.

This deal is dead right? Some games on the CC site are still discounted... Odd. Anyways, whats the deal with this Professor Layton game? I am intrigued.

damn, they had prof layton on the floor yesterday and when I tried to ring up it wouldn't let them. It would have been a nice surprise when 20% came off too. what a shame. damn street dates.

[quote name='Chanash']Hey Kev, how has your luck been at the chico CC? My gamer's card is in the mail right now, and I HOPE they let me stack them :)[/quote]

Sometimes dudes (males) give me trouble, but usually the younger girls there won't give you any problems. They practically know me by name. If you happen to find one that doesn't know what they are doing, tell them they have to enter the sku number first, then ring the games up. See, CC is so f'ed up that they don't even scan the card barcode because it never works. I believe corporate had to send out an official sku.

A CC near me had Professor Layton in on the 7th, and I tried to purchase it using this deal but the computer wouldn't let the cashier sell it. He got a message stating do not sell before February 10th. Well, I tried...

bread's done
Back