Circuit City 3-Day Ad (12/15-12/17)

snipegod

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
The ad says the prices are only effective this Thursday (today) through Saturday. Considering that CC takes competitor's coupons some of the prices are pretty good with $10 off or $5 off from Best Buy. Also, the use of BB coupons at CC shouldn't be YMMV unless you get a dick manager/clerk who doesn't know corporate policy.

Here are the video games listed in the ad:

$32.99

Halo 2 (Xbox)
Paper Mario: TTYD (GC)
Ratchet: Deadlocked (PS2)
Jak X Combat Racing (PS2)
Blitz: The League (PS2, Xbox)
The Sims 2 (GC, PS2, Xbox)
NCAA 06 March Madness (PS2, Xbox)
NBA 2k6 (PS2, Xbox)
SpongeBob Squarepants: Lights, Camera, Pants! (GC, PS2)
Crash: Tag Team Racing (GC, PS2, Xbox)

$22.99

Donkey Kong Country 3 (GBA)
We Love Katamari (PS2)
Ninja Gaiden Black (Xbox)
Conker: Live & Reloaded (Xbox)
SSX On Tour (GC, PS2, Xbox)
NFSU2 (PS2, Xbox)
American Chopper 2 Full Throttle (PS2, Xbox)
World Series of Poker (PS2, Xbox)

That's odd. I'm not sure if this has already been posted in another Circuit City thread or not, but at the Circuit City here in Niles, OH, Paper Mario: TTYD is going for $29.96 (in the big black discount bins).

Where does it state that Circuit City accepts competitor coupons? Last time I went in there and asked if they took a Best Buy coupon they looked at me like I was the craziest motherfucker to walk into the damn store.

[quote name='62t']remeber there is a $5 coupon for Katamari and Donkey Kong Country 3so you can get it for $16.99[/QUOTE]

Where?!?!?!??!

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Where does it state that Circuit City accepts competitor coupons? Last time I went in there and asked if they took a Best Buy coupon they looked at me like I was the craziest motherfucker to walk into the damn store.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I don't know what fantasy world these people are living in but if I have a coupon from one store a different one isn't going to take it.

[quote name='Bankotsu']Where?!?!?!??![/QUOTE]
In Circuit City's videogame holiday magazine which you can pick up instore at the videogame section. Stupid me didn't bother to grab one last time I was there... hope they still have some left because DKC 3 looks like a sweet deal.

[quote name='poopy']In Circuit City's videogame holiday magazine which you can pick up instore at the videogame section. Stupid me didn't bother to grab one last time I was there... hope they still have some left because DKC 3 looks like a sweet deal.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. I know where I'm going on Saturday, or maybe tomorrow on lunch. :D

[quote name='David85']Yeah I don't know what fantasy world these people are living in but if I have a coupon from one store a different one isn't going to take it.[/QUOTE]

I guess it's the fantasy world where I walked into Circuit City this afternoon, brought Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time to the register, and paid $20 for it after the Best Buy $10 off $29.99 coupon.

Darn! I forget checkout my local newspaper today..........arghhhhhh.... i have to go back tomorrow pickup these games w/ Mario Kart DS.

Donkey Kong Country 3 (GBA) (must have it )
We Love Katamari (PS2)

[quote name='shrike4242']Exactly. I know where I'm going on Saturday, or maybe tomorrow on lunch. :D[/QUOTE]
I'm glad I'm not alone in this. ;) Last time I went to CC was on the Wed. that they said Mario Kart was going to be in and the truck never showed up for delivery that day. I said to hell with the 5 dollar savings (in a rare moment of unCAG-like behavior) and went across the street to Gamestop (which I loathe) to buy MK. From now on I'm grabbing every videogame catalog I see with coupons in it - No exception! :D

[quote name='62t']remeber there is a $5 coupon for Katamari and Donkey Kong Country 3so you can get it for $16.99[/QUOTE]

Actually they don't work with sale items. If you get a really nice associate they may manually take it off for you though, no harm in trying I suppose.

[quote name='snipegod']I guess it's the fantasy world where I walked into Circuit City this afternoon, brought Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time to the register, and paid $20 for it after the Best Buy $10 off $29.99 coupon.[/QUOTE]
That's nice for you and all, but is this policy national or is it done on a store-by-store basis? I can't find any written proof of this in case I need to show it to the employees at the store.

[quote name='poopy']I'm glad I'm not alone in this. ;) Last time I went to CC was on the Wed. that they said Mario Kart was going to be in and the truck never showed up for delivery that day. I said to hell with the 5 dollar savings (in a rare moment of unCAG-like behavior) and went across the street to Gamestop (which I loathe) to buy MK. From now on I'm grabbing every videogame catalog I see with coupons in it - No exception! :D[/QUOTE]
I'm just going there to get WLK for $17.99 + tax with their $5 off coupon.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']That's nice for you and all, but is this policy national or is it done on a store-by-store basis? I can't find any written proof of this in case I need to show it to the employees at the store.[/QUOTE]

I've never seen a sheet of paper saying that it's corporate policy, but I was told by a manager a year ago or so that yes, it was corporate policy (just like their price guarantee). :Shrug: Either way, I'm just throwing it out there that the GGC and the new $10 off coupon from BestBuy will knock these Circuit City prices down even more.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']That's nice for you and all, but is this policy national or is it done on a store-by-store basis? I can't find any written proof of this in case I need to show it to the employees at the store.[/QUOTE]

Accepting competitor's coupons is not corpate policy that I'm aware of (especially a general coupon, price matching specific items is (and technically you're always to check to see if the competitor has it in stock).

[quote name='snipegod']I've never seen a sheet of paper saying that it's corporate policy, but I was told by a manager a year ago or so that yes, it was corporate policy (just like their price guarantee). :Shrug: Either way, I'm just throwing it out there that the GGC and the new $10 off coupon from BestBuy will knock these Circuit City prices down even more.[/QUOTE]
Without said policy on paper and it being an interpretation of their PM policy, it could be up to the manager's discretion on how they honor it in allowing the use of competitor's coupons.

Until it's in print, it's not something you can use in your favor. Unfortunately.

[quote name='shrike4242']I'm just going there to get WLK for $17.99 + tax with their $5 off coupon.[/QUOTE]

Apparently nobody reads my posts, I hope you get a nice clerk to ring it through.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Actually they don't work with sale items. If you get a really nice associate they may manually take it off for you though, no harm in trying I suppose.[/QUOTE]
Hi, do you work at CC and can confirm that using the coupon with the sale won't work (barring your special exception)? Because if my chances are 1 in 20 that I'll be able to combine the two deals I won't even bother traveling out in the inclement weather tommorow. Thanks.

[quote name='poopy']Hi, do you work at CC and can confirm that using the coupon with the sale won't work (barring your special exception)? Because if my chances are 1 in 20 that I'll be able to combine the two deals I won't even bother traveling out in the inclement weather tommorow. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yes and yes I can confim that, it actually says on the coupon "not good with any other offer/discount" nor does it scan in the coupon if it's on sale IIRC.

As for your chances I can't say, it'll differ by employee and probably if you wanna haggle about it, but if there's harsh waether in your area tomorrow you could wait for Saturday too. Believe after working in retail for so long, I can tell ya if it's snowing real bad out you get like one or two customers every hour or so and that's if your lucky.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Apparently nobody reads my posts, I hope you get a nice clerk to ring it through.[/QUOTE]
Actually, I did read your post, and the main CC I visit has some very nice reps who do manually adjust their coupons on their sale prices when the coupons don't work.

That's why I keep going back there, it's the best CC in my area, bar none.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Yes and yes I can confim that, it actually says on the coupon "not good with any other offer/discount" nor does it scan in the coupon if it's on sale IIRC.

As for your chances I can't say, it'll differ by employee and probably if you wanna haggle about it, but if there's harsh waether in your area tomorrow you could wait for Saturday too. Believe after working in retail for so long, I can tell ya if it's snowing real bad out you get like one or two customers every hour or so and that's if your lucky.[/QUOTE]
Thank you very much.

[quote name='shrike4242']Actually, I did read your post, and the main CC I visit has some very nice reps who do manually adjust their coupons on their sale prices when the coupons don't work.

That's why I keep going back there, it's the best CC in my area, bar none.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty awesome then. To be honest I try to do it when I can (unless it's like a huge amount), but I'm still learning the whacky computer/register system that we use and they still need to give me a new system card (which one needs in order to manually adjust prices).

I saw this ad today and I cried tears of joy when I saw Paper Mario at a lower price. I'd been debating this game for a long time, but I picked it up today along with Final Fantasy IV Advance without any hesitation... no idea if it's any good though... spent all my time on FFIV A

that would be $17.99, not $16.99. and i agree, great prices on WLK and NG: B if you can get the $5 off coupon to work. and for those who missed the Paper Mario $20 eb sale. $23 for it is almost as good.

So how much of a must buy are the Katamari games? The video review made 'em look like they were kinda interesting, but is there anything to the games that makes them worth owning and playing through again?

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']That's pretty awesome then. To be honest I try to do it when I can (unless it's like a huge amount), but I'm still learning the whacky computer/register system that we use and they still need to give me a new system card (which one needs in order to manually adjust prices).[/QUOTE]
When DKC3 dropped to $24.99 right when it came out, the weekend before those coupons went valid, I tried to use the coupon and it didn't work. At that moment, I didn't know it was valid from Nov 15th onwards, and they were about to manually change it, then spotted the date. One of the CS supervisors recognized me, said "I know you come in here a lot", initialed the coupon, and told me to come back on the 15th to get my $5 back.

That's why I don't think I should have an issue with WLK & the $5 off coupon.

[quote name='equest943']Are there any cd/dvd sales as well?[/QUOTE]

051215_BC_iwzaR.jpg

I've tried competitor's coupons at CC a few times, and one time they took it. The other times they told me they couldn't take it.

Prob going to pick up Jax X.

[quote name='nikkai']man

ssx on tour seriously plummetted.

Not the game SSX 3 was, huh?[/QUOTE]

I think its a great game. It's just as fun as SSX was just not as new. It's feels like SSX with a different style. Still great game and good price but I think it could go lower.

[quote name='David85']Yeah I don't know what fantasy world these people are living in but if I have a coupon from one store a different one isn't going to take it.[/QUOTE]

Same here my CC doesn't even like to use their own coupons.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']That's pretty awesome then. To be honest I try to do it when I can (unless it's like a huge amount), but I'm still learning the whacky computer/register system that we use and they still need to give me a new system card (which one needs in order to manually adjust prices).[/QUOTE]
Picked WLK over lunch for $17.99 + tax. :D

The cashier was the CS rep who knows me on sight, and was joking that I was only buying one game instead of a dozen or more. :lol: I've hit that CC numerous times during the past $5 & $10 sales, so they know me a bit. :D

Though, yes, the coupon didn't take $5 off automatically and she had to adjust the price manually.

[quote name='snipegod']The ad says the prices are only effective this Thursday (today) through Saturday. Considering that CC takes competitor's coupons some of the prices are pretty good with $10 off or $5 off from Best Buy. Also, the use of BB coupons at CC shouldn't be YMMV unless you get a dick manager/clerk who doesn't know corporate policy.
[/QUOTE]

Dude, my CC wouldnt take them either.

FYI: the Fort Wayne CC has the prices higher in their ad then what has been posted/scanned. The $22.99 games are 27.99 here and the 32.99 games are 37.99. The dvds were 12.99 instead of 9.99. I was surprised when I picked up the ad and saw the upped prices. Just thought I'd give a heads up...

bread's done
Back