Circuit City 8.96 360 games Project Sylpheed and Bullet Witch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks OP! I had given up on the CC clearance thread because my local usually has nada.

But today I was able to pick up BW and PS!

Thanks for posting this! I just picked up Project Sylpheed, Bullet Witch, Condemned, College Hoops 2K7 and PaRappa the Rapper (PSP) for $8.96 each. Every single one of them were marked $16+ or higher but rang up for the clearance price.

I thought the Project Sylpheed demo was alright, took a while to get the controls but i've always liked space shooters, so I bit, can't go wrong for that price, it's about the same as it costs to rent at Blockbusters

Even though it does not say online that Project Sylpheed is OOS, I called to try and order it and they confirmed that it is in fact OOS. Just to save someone else the trouble.

[quote name='bobphone']Nabbed Sylpheed and Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max PSP for $8.96 a piece.

Edit: In store.[/quote]

Damn, I'd love to get SFA 3 Max for the PSP, been looking for that for ages! :drool:

[quote name='waxHead']Damn, I'd love to get SFA 3 Max for the PSP, been looking for that for ages! :drool:[/quote]

Yeah, I was shocked to find it. It was at a relatively untouched CC out by my girlfriend's house.

8:01 PM Project Sylpheed shows in stock (although it's not)
8:22 PM Arrive at Sears to PM and PS shows OOS when found on CC's website.
10:15 PM See that it still shows in stock when I check from here.

Huhhhh?

[quote name='espionage']. I felt like Project Sylpheed was pretty much Ace Combat in space.[/quote]

after just getting AC6 I agree. Project Sylpheed was a great game, if you like flying games this is a good buy

anyone willing to get me a Bullet Witch, Project Sylpheed or a Parappa the Rappa (PSP)? Ive looked all over Cincy and can't find them :/

I purchased Silpheed and Custom Robo Arena a few weeks ago during 2 for $30 deal. Took the receipt back today got both PMed to $8.96 Custom Robo is cheap if you want it.

Also I checked Okami it is still $16.96, I picked it up to trade.

Thanks OP, snagged the last copy of Silpheed at my local BB (Charlotte on South Blvd). I still remember the first time I played the one on the Sega CD, that was great...

Anyways, no copies of bullet witch there, 1 copy of 99 Nights....but I'm waiting for that to drop to $8.96 too first...

[quote name='cdrober']

Anyways, no copies of bullet witch there, 1 copy of 99 Nights....but I'm waiting for that to drop to $8.96 too first...[/quote]

Same, but this weekend, or tommarow, gonna go get it.
Only one copy at the store near me.
Might as well grab it and go back to Price Adjust.

prolly gonna pick up a bullet witch. If I don't like it, it trades in for 25 at work so it's a win-win situation.

Just be cautious since these are clearence prices, but from my experience it shouldn't be a problem (but it can be).

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I'm going to go buy Slypheed at Best Buy and get it ad adjusted Sunday.[/quote]

[quote name='kevzik']Just be cautious since these are clearence prices, but from my experience it shouldn't be a problem (but it can be).[/quote]If it's in the ad, normally BB will do the price match. Sometimes, if they see "clearance" in the ad, they won't. Far more times than not, they'll do it without issue.

When I price match at Best Buy they will call the store and check if the item is in stock. If its not in stock they say you're SOL.

[quote name='IbiteHRD']When I price match at Best Buy they will call the store and check if the item is in stock. If its not in stock they say you're SOL.[/quote]By BB policy, they're supposed to call 100% of the time and verify the item is in stock. In practice, it's not anywhere close to 100% of the time, so more times than not, the other store not having the item in stock is a non-issue.

[quote name='shrike4242']By BB policy, they're supposed to call 100% of the time and verify the item is in stock. In practice, it's not anywhere close to 100% of the time, so more times than not, the other store not having the item in stock is a non-issue.[/quote]I think adherence to this policy may depend on the density of stores in your area. For example, I can think of six Best Buy stores and five Circuit City stores within driving distance of my home -- consequently, customer service will typically just assume that one of the "local" stores has the item in stock, and forgo the call.

Then again, there's always a chance you'll get that one stalwart individual who makes it a personal challenge to find some reason to deny you a price match. (I've worked in customer service before, and I still have no idea why these people exist.)

...In summary: It's a total crapshoot.

[quote name='siderealshift']I think adherence to this policy may depend on the density of stores in your area. For example, I can think of six Best Buy stores and five Circuit City stores within driving distance of my home -- consequently, customer service will typically just assume that one of the "local" stores has the item in stock, and forgo the call.

Then again, there's always a chance you'll get that one stalwart individual who makes it a personal challenge to find some reason to deny you a price match. (I've worked in customer service before, and I still have no idea why these people exist.)

...In summary: It's a total crapshoot.[/quote]
When i PM something i know is OOS, i go at the busiest time possible, Always works to my advantage. But like th eposter above said about having alot of each store is definatley adventageous.

My CC had a couple of Bullet Witch left, if anyone is interested in me picking it up let me know now so i can pick it up for trade...Looking for Sid Pirates used or new...

I'm tempted to check out Sylpheed but the demo left me pretty unimpressed. Is the demo misleading?
I'm enchanted by Ace/Air Combat and the Colony Wars series, but Sylpheed didn't strike me as being on that level of quality.
That and I have little faith in Square-Enix's ability to make a quality game in a non-rpg genre.(and in the rpg genre but that's irrelevant here:lol:)

Thanks OP. I'm too lazy to keep up with the clearance thread, but I saw this thread today. I checked out my nearest CC and managed to pick up the last copy of Project Sylpheed.

[quote name='looploop']I'm tempted to check out Sylpheed but the demo left me pretty unimpressed. Is the demo misleading?
I'm enchanted by Ace/Air Combat and the Colony Wars series, but Sylpheed didn't strike me as being on that level of quality.
That and I have little faith in Square-Enix's ability to make a quality game in a non-rpg genre.(and in the rpg genre but that's irrelevant here:lol:)[/QUOTE]

I think it's a bit misleading to say that Sylpheed = Ace Combat in space.

You're right, Ace Combat is a more refined game overall. Some of the gameplay elements in Sylpheed will frustrate you. Still, for 9 bucks it's well worth the money.

Just picked up bullet witch at cranston RI store...there were about 5 or 6 left.
Any other games at this price I should know about..I live across the street :D

[quote name='Pookymeister']no bullet witch, but did manage to pick up Proj Sylpheed. Got 2 extras if anyone still looking[/quote]

I am intrested. Let me know how much you are looking for.

[quote name='Pookymeister']no bullet witch, but did manage to pick up Proj Sylpheed. Got 2 extras if anyone still looking[/QUOTE]

I'm interested. How much?

Picked up Project Sylpheed and Bullet witch at the CC in Commack, New York.
Still a couple copies of each. Can't pass up 9 dollar xbox360 games. Lol

Also picked up Hitman Blood Money for 16 bucks in the clearance bin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back