Circuit City ad for 12-12 thru 12-18 (new secret sale?)

bbfinster

CAGiversary!
Forgive me if I have been misled, as that is not uncommon.

In the 12-12 ad for CC, there are some weak game deals, but there is one small square where it says many games will be 15$, similar to other sales I've seen on here, where they announce the sale, but no titles are shown. Anyone else have info on this? Sorry if this has been posted. I did do a search...(I figured i should verify the sale here before posting it anywhere else)

EDIT: I found the ad again. PS GH, XBox PH and GC Player's Choice games will be 2 for $30. Beneath it there is a small box no referring to the games on the page that reads:

$15
advertised
video games
$29.99 and up Exculdes PC games. In-store only.

Sounds like a secret sale to me, or else they are setting up a bargain bin.

I don't understand...are certain $29.99+ games going to be $15?

They have a sizeable $15 bin at most CC stores, most of the games in there were actually $5 (and will ring up at $5 if you can somehow convince the cashier to ring up the original UPC). Hopefully they are not talking about that.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I don't understand...are certain $29.99+ games going to be $15?

They have a sizeable $15 bin at most CC stores, most of the games in there were actually $5 (and will ring up at $5 if you can somehow convince the cashier to ring up the original UPC). Hopefully they are not talking about that.[/quote]

I think some $30 games will be $15, but I'm not sure. I was hoping an employee or someone who comes up with the "lists" would be able to shed some light on the subject.

I would post the rest of the deals in the flyer, but they aren't good until at least Sunday, and I'm sure Cheapy already has someone in place for that.

I'll pass along info as I get it, and if this turns out to be a false alarm, I ask the mods to lock and do away with this post. Thanks. :wink:

:roll: As the number of sealed unplayed games pile up, CC could be having another sale. I am glad CC is 30 minutes+ away from me now.

If they have SSBM as a 15 dollar game, then yuo could get it for free usign teh 15 dollars youve got money check

Well... I do know that they have Drakengard for $19.95. I'm going by later to pick up the $12 Onimusha 3. I'll ask the CC employee I'm friends with tonight if she knows anything about it, and will post any info I find out that isn't already posted by then.

The Best Buy online sale last night quickly made me think of CC's own unadvertised clearances...I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they do another huge $5 sale soon. :D

[quote name='darkwingduck13']The Best Buy online sale last night quickly made me think of CC's own unadvertised clearances...I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they do another huge $5 sale soon. :D[/quote]

I think these titles will be $15, but I'm hoping it's another liquidation myself! No new news yet, but I've got my ear to the ground....

The other night when i was there they had quite a few games in two bins. Most of them looked like leftovers from the $5 sale (with that stupid new UPC tag...) like Romance of the 3 kingdoms and some of the crappy stuff too.

Circuit City now has a $15 "Screamin' Deals" game section with games for all systems. All of the games have a "Screamin' Deals" sticker on them and a price that says $14.99. Most of the titles are older titles including:

Haunted Mansion (GC)
Mission Impossible: Operation Surma (GC)
Evolution Worlds (GC)
Speed Kings (GC/PS2)
Asterix & Obelisk (PS2)
Star Wars: New Droid Army (GBA)
GT Advance 3 (GBA)

Plus many, many more titles for all the systems.

[quote name='darkwingduck13']The Best Buy online sale last night quickly made me think of CC's own unadvertised clearances...I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they do another huge $5 sale soon. :D[/quote]

so you can buy all teh games and then sell them on ebay?

[quote name='Josef']Circuit City now has a $15 "Screamin' Deals" game section with games for all systems. All of the games have a "Screamin' Deals" sticker on them and a price that says $14.99. Most of the titles are older titles including:

Haunted Mansion (GC)
Evolution Worlds (GC)
Speed Kings (GC/PS2)
Asterix & Obelisk (PS2)
GT Advance 3 (GBA)

Plus many, many more titles for all the systems.[/quote]

Did they happen to have Harvest Moon GC?

[quote name='leeloo1977'][quote name='Josef']Circuit City now has a $15 "Screamin' Deals" game section with games for all systems. All of the games have a "Screamin' Deals" sticker on them and a price that says $14.99. Most of the titles are older titles including:

Haunted Mansion (GC)
Evolution Worlds (GC)
Speed Kings (GC/PS2)
Asterix & Obelisk (PS2)
GT Advance 3 (GBA)

Did they happen to have Harvest Moon GC?[/quote]

Nope, but I believe the PS2 version was part of the deal. You can pick up the Cube version for $15 at Best Buy after GGC, or at Circuit City using the GGC as a competitor's coupon.

[quote name='Josef']Circuit City now has a $15 "Screamin' Deals" game section with games for all systems. All of the games have a "Screamin' Deals" sticker on them and a price that says $14.99. Most of the titles are older titles including:

Haunted Mansion (GC)
Evolution Worlds (GC)
Speed Kings (GC/PS2)
Asterix & Obelisk (PS2)
GT Advance 3 (GBA)

2 more I saw:

XIII (GC)
Resident Evil Zero (GC)

Is there a thread started for these titles? I'm going out in a couple hours and will see what they have and return with info.... (I live in Steubenville, OH)

Thanks for all the info, everyone. I didn't get flamed once!! Makes me feeel like part of the group : )

[quote name='help1'][quote name='darkwingduck13']The Best Buy online sale last night quickly made me think of CC's own unadvertised clearances...I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they do another huge $5 sale soon. :D[/quote]

so you can buy all teh games and then sell them on ebay?[/quote]

hey, shithead - is there a reason you feel like you need to be a dick in EVERY thread?!?! Seriously, you need to chill out with your negative comments; you're just bringing everyone down! And for god's sake, if i see one more post from you with the word "teh" in it, I might scream.

Just be cool, act like a nice guy, and everyone will be fine.

[quote name='organicow'][quote name='help1'][quote name='darkwingduck13']The Best Buy online sale last night quickly made me think of CC's own unadvertised clearances...I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they do another huge $5 sale soon. :D[/quote]

so you can buy all teh games and then sell them on ebay?[/quote]

hey, shithead - is there a reason you feel like you need to be a dick in EVERY thread?!?! Seriously, you need to chill out with your negative comments; you're just bringing everyone down! And for god's sake, if i see one more post from you with the word "teh" in it, I might scream.

Just be cool, act like a nice guy, and everyone will be fine.[/quote]

Hell, id buy you some 5 dollar GBA games if you'd make more of your near famous DS cases

bread's done
Back