Circuit City April clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

neocisco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
313 (100%)
Note from Io: As usual, please post all Sale/Trade/Pickup Offers in the corresponding Circuit City clearance trade thread.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm injury-free enough (long story) to finally be able to get the new clearance list and post it. It looks like CC is trying to clear some space and I'm sure they'll get plenty of help here.

:ps2:
ATV Offroad Fury 3 $12.96
Avatar: The Last Airbender-The Burning Earth $16.96
The Bigs $12.96
Bratz Diamondz $12.96
Bratz: The Movie $12.96
Capcom Classics Collection vol. 2 $12.96
Dancing with the Stars $16.96
Dawn of Mana $16.96
Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer $12.96
Ghost Rider $12.96
The Godfather $12.96
Golden Compass $16.96
Hot Shots Tennis $16.96
Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects $12.96
MLB 07: The Show $16.96
MLB 2K7 $12.96
MLB Power Pros $12.96
Naruto: Uzumaki Chronicles $12.96
NASCAR 07 $12.96
Odin Sphere $16.96
Open Season $12.96
Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves $12.96
Spyro: A New Beginning $16.96
Spyro: The Eternal Night $16.96
Surf's Up $12.96
World Series of Poker Tournament of Champions 2007 $12.96
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 06 $12.96

:xbox:
Black $8.96
Call of Duty: Big Red One $8.96
Destroy All Humans! 2 $8.96
FIFA Soccer 07 $8.96
Fight Night Round 3 $8.96
Ghost Recon 2: Summit Strike $8.96
Madden NFL 07 $8.96
NCAA Football 07 $8.96
Need for Speed: Carbon $8.96
Need for Speed: Most Wanted 8.96
Need for Speed: Most Wanted collector's edition $16.96
Scarface $8.96
Star Wars: Battlefront $8.96
Star Wars: Battlefront II $8.96
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 $8.96

:gc:
1080 Avalanche $8.96
Animal Crossing $8.96
Bratz Diamondz $8.96
Madden NFL 07 $8.96
Mario Party 7 $16.96
Mario Superstar Baseball $8.96
Meet the Robinsons $8.96
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes $8.96
Naruto: Clash of Ninja $8.96
Naruto: Clash of Ninja 2 $8.96
Need for Speed: Carbon $8.96
Need for Speed: Most Wanted $8.96
Need for Speed Underground $8.96
Nicktoons: Volcano Island $8.96
Over the Hedge $8.96
Paper Mario $8.96
Pokemon XD $8.96
Rampage: Total Destruction $8.96
Ratatouille $8.96
Shadow the Hedgehog $8.96
The Sims: Pets 2 $8.96
Sonic Heroes $8.96
Sonic Riders $8.96
Spongebob Squarepants: Creature from the Krusty Krab $8.96
Starfox Assault $8.96
Super Mario Strikers $8.96
Super Mario Sunshine $8.96

:ds:
Boogie $8.96
Clubhouse Games $16.96
Golden Compass $8.96
Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2 $16.96
Metroid Prime: Hunters $16.96
Nintendo DS browser $16.96
Pogo Island $16.96
Spongebob Squarepants: Creature from the Krusty Krab $16.96
Starfox Command $16.96

:psp:
Crash Tag Team Racing $16.96
Test Drive Unlimited $16.96

:gba:
Finding Nemo/The Incredibles dual pack $8.96
Happy Feet $8.96
Petz Vet $16.96
Shrek 3 $16.96
Spider-Man 3 $16.96

March
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173869

February
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=170283

January
NO LIST

December
http://67.225.136.29/forums/showthread.php?t=162745

November
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=158103

October
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154925

September
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150784

August
NO LIST

July
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143063

June
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=139368

April/May
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137696

Some that wasn't on the list

GC Geist - 6.00
NDS Trauma Center: Under the Knife - 11.36
NGC Harvest Moon : Another Wonderful - 6.00
NDS Castlevania : POR - 6.00
XBX NFS Most Wanted Collector's Ed - 11.36

^^Yeah, if you check the older clearance threads, almost all of those games listed above are old clearance. And NFS:MW CE has been listed in the OP.

Junk, that's all that was left. I wanted Mario Party 7 and Animal Crossing but no dice.

I was lucky enough to find Mario Baseball and Elebits, for $6 and $11.xx. Also, I picked up a FFVI Advance but that was still $30.

[quote name='Chitown021']I can tell you Odin Sphere is gone from the store near Metro North Mall in the northland and I didn't see much else from the list (maybe a copy of Paper Mario PC version for the cube). I thought about checking the store in Liberty but it's less than a year old so I bet their stock is probably too new to find the good clearance stuff.

Also I wonder if the store out south near Oak Park Mall has anything?[/quote]

Picked up that Paper Mario and Nicktoons: Volcano Island

Gamecube games picked clean at my local CC, to my dismay

Picked up:
Starfox Command, Boogie (will probably return it), Beavis & Butthead V2, and Jackass V2 &V3

I'll probably be checking another CC for the games I'm looking forward at that price (MP2, SMS)

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, but my local Circuit City had War Tech for the 360 marked at $9.99.

[quote name='Filbert']I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, but my local Circuit City had War Tech for the 360 marked at $9.99.[/quote]
Save your money!

Well I checked the Long Beach, Huntington Beach and Newport Beach CC in CA and no Odin Sphere. However I did pick up two copies of Space Channel 5 Special Edition for $3.00 each at Newport Beach. So it was not a complete loss.

[quote name='Filbert']I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, but my local Circuit City had War Tech for the 360 marked at $9.99.[/QUOTE]

I think that's the retail price for the game.

Thanks OP. The extra 33% discount finally made me walk into Circuit City. I rarely find anything listed in these clearance posts but today I lucked out. Picked up the last copy of each:

Odin Sphere - $11.36
Earth Defense Force 2017 - $11.36

The Circuit City in Fresno, CA didn't have any clearance bins or stickers. A few clearance games had the price tag crossed out and a new price written under it :roll: I was pretty happy to find Odin Sphere so late in the week. It was sitting on the rack right in front, listed at the full $39.99. Thanks lazy Circuit City employees!

OK, folks, I did even better than expected at an out of the way Circuit City:

Battlefield 2: Modern Combat (PS2) - $6.00 (extra copy)
Bullet Witch (360) - $6.00 (extra copy)
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket (DS) - $6.00 (extra copy)
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (GC) - $6.00 (extra copy)
Flatout 2 (XB) - $8.68
Lumines Plus (PS2) - $6.00 (extra copy)
Marvel Nemesis (PS2, GH) - $8.68
Monster Rancher Evolution (PS2) (X2) - $6.00 (extra copy)
Naruto 2 (GC, PC) - $6.00
TMNT (360) - $11.36
Winning Eleven 2007 (360) - $11.36
Yakuza (PS2) - $6.00 (extra copy)

I was also able to get $20 worth of price adjustments on some previous stuff, which was good.

Where I went, there were also two full displays of HD-DVDs, so I will go back before Sunday.
I'm going to post in the other forum, because some of these bad boys are going back before the weekend...maybe.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I think that's the retail price for the game.[/quote]

I thought that as well, but I figured I'd mention it anyway since it was in the Circuit City's clearance section.

[quote name='Chitown021']I can tell you Odin Sphere is gone from the store near Metro North Mall in the northland and I didn't see much else from the list (maybe a copy of Paper Mario PC version for the cube). I thought about checking the store in Liberty but it's less than a year old so I bet their stock is probably too new to find the good clearance stuff.

Also I wonder if the store out south near Oak Park Mall has anything?[/quote]

Picked up that Paper Mario and Nicktoons: Volcano Island

Gamecube games picked clean at my local CC, to my dismay

Picked up:
Starfox Command, Boogie (will probably return it), Beavis & Butthead V2, and Jackass V2 &V3

I'll probably be checking another CC for the games I'm looking forward at that price (MP2, SMS)

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, but my local Circuit City had War Tech for the 360 marked at $9.99.

[quote name='Filbert']I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, but my local Circuit City had War Tech for the 360 marked at $9.99.[/quote]
Save your money!

Well I checked the Long Beach, Huntington Beach and Newport Beach CC in CA and no Odin Sphere. However I did pick up two copies of Space Channel 5 Special Edition for $3.00 each at Newport Beach. So it was not a complete loss.

[quote name='Filbert']I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, but my local Circuit City had War Tech for the 360 marked at $9.99.[/QUOTE]

I think that's the retail price for the game.

Thanks OP. The extra 33% discount finally made me walk into Circuit City. I rarely find anything listed in these clearance posts but today I lucked out. Picked up the last copy of each:

Odin Sphere - $11.36
Earth Defense Force 2017 - $11.36

The Circuit City in Fresno, CA didn't have any clearance bins or stickers. A few clearance games had the price tag crossed out and a new price written under it :roll: I was pretty happy to find Odin Sphere so late in the week. It was sitting on the rack right in front, listed at the full $39.99. Thanks lazy Circuit City employees!

OK, folks, I did even better than expected at an out of the way Circuit City:

Battlefield 2: Modern Combat (PS2) - $6.00 (extra copy)
Bullet Witch (360) - $6.00 (extra copy)
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket (DS) - $6.00 (extra copy)
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (GC) - $6.00 (extra copy)
Flatout 2 (XB) - $8.68
Lumines Plus (PS2) - $6.00 (extra copy)
Marvel Nemesis (PS2, GH) - $8.68
Monster Rancher Evolution (PS2) (X2) - $6.00 (extra copy)
Naruto 2 (GC, PC) - $6.00
TMNT (360) - $11.36
Winning Eleven 2007 (360) - $11.36
Yakuza (PS2) - $6.00 (extra copy)

I was also able to get $20 worth of price adjustments on some previous stuff, which was good.

Where I went, there were also two full displays of HD-DVDs, so I will go back before Sunday.
I'm going to post in the other forum, because some of these bad boys are going back before the weekend...maybe.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I think that's the retail price for the game.[/quote]

I thought that as well, but I figured I'd mention it anyway since it was in the Circuit City's clearance section.

My local CC (Independence, MO) have TONS " Super Mario Striker Charge" (GC) for $8.86 or $6.00 after 33% off. I don't mind to get extra copy for TRADE. New game for New game!

Awesome. I've heard good things about Odin Sphere. Going to stop by CC on the way home today and see if there's a copy left.

The Tallahasee CC was cleaned out for any Nintendo users. Lots of GC Strikers but that's about it. And I really wanted Animal Crossing and Clubhouse Games :(

Crazy conspiracy theory warning!

OK, I have noticed some strange goings on at my local Richmond area CC stores for quite some time. And today something happened that damn near confirmed my suspicions. I stopped in to the Midlothian Tnpk store for one last remote shot at an Odin Sphere or pretty much anything else decent. And to my surprise, I pick one up out of the clearance bin for...$34.95??? "Crap, this is a used copy! But wait, here's Ape Escape 3 for...$27.99?!?" On and on, I found a handful of decent games, but all were used, and in the new clearance bin...:bomb:...

I check a few local CC stores every clearance cycle, and have been disappointed by the way titles mysteriously vanish quickly during a sale. I started to see this after CC started stocking used games. Additionally, the used stock mysteriously bulges every time games go on clearance, often with the clearance titles. Now, is it too far fetched to assume that some jerkwad managers are pulling all the clearance titles, busting them open, and restocking them with their stupidly expensive used prices? After all, how has CC amassed such a huge stock of used games in such a short time? I don't know anyone who trades with them. And the few used games I've purchased have been in new condition, just unsealed.

So am I just a paranoid douche, or does anyone else see something fishy going on?

Absolutely nothing at the Beavercreek OH store. I saw one Hot Shots Tennis and that was the only thing from the April list I remember (checked at 1pm today).

Stopped by Lansing, MI today. Found myself the last copies of Strikers and Hot Shots Tennis. Nothing else there that interested me. There was one copy of Animal Crossing if anyone wants it, and a bunch of the crappy wii games chilling in the clearance bin.

They also had a copy of Def Jam for PSP with a $19.99 price tag over the original. I was hoping that might be clearance too since its kinda old, but it rang up at that price with no clearance sale adjustment.

My first post here btw.

I'm in SE Ohio and the CC near me has 3 Odin Spheres left...tempted to grab them
for trade, I already had it.

Got PS2 Genji and PS3 Genji both for 20 bucks total today!

I know the Genji games aren't that well-reviewed but I loved the first one when I played a friend's copy last year, so I'm thrilled at that purchase.

Thanks for the thread!

Usual crap in my cc bins, :360:TMNT/Star Trek and :ps3: The Bigs were tempting at 11.36, but I settled on: (prices w/ 33% off)
:gc:
1080 Avalanche-$6

:psp: UMDs
Aeon Flux -$3
Beavis & Butthead -$3

The UMDS were on reg shelf at full retail sticker, else was in clearance bin. sweet haul for $11 :whistle2:o

fuck CAG

Yet again I look at this thread and got into c city, ending up buying more then I intended.

Picked up:

:360: Condemned
:360: Earth Defense Force
:xbox: BLACK
:ps2: Odin Sphere

PS: there was almost every game on the list in stock, I was tempted to pick up a few more, but I couldn't spend anymore.

Ok.

I've done my rounds of visiting various Circuit City stores in the Bay Area (Sunnyvale, San Jose store on Stevens Creek, Fremont and South San Jose on Alamaden Expressway)

There are NO Odin Spheres anywhere unfortunately, but however, I got a few games for trade for either that or Super Mario Sunshine. Please PM me if you can help.

I got:
Animal Crossing
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Dawn of Mana
Mario Super Baseball
Mario Strikers
Paper Mario
Trauma Center: Under the Knife

Not bad! I was stoked that most of the Gamecube titles were $6.00. Nice to see the employee's faces when the games ring up so low. Thanks CAG! ;)

--Michael

[quote name='Civickid96']

Nice to see the employee's faces when the games ring up so low. Thanks CAG! ;)

--Michael[/QUOTE]

The same thing for me today. It gave me a smile to see her ring up Naruto: Clash of Ninja 2. The sticker had 39.99. Rang up for 6. Also picked up Odin Sphere and Trauma Center. A few other odds and ends there. Wish I had more money to spend.

This was the CC on Two Notch in Columbia, SC. I know I saw another Odin Sphere, Perfect Dark Zero, Genji (PS2), Madden 07 (reg and LE), Marvel Ultimate Alliance (360), and more. Not many gamecube games left. Picked up the only Trauma Center. Did not go through the DS or PSP stuff.

Hey uh, I posted this several pages back but I guess no one saw it, so I'll post it again.
I found Magical Starsign (DS) for $6 on a $16.96 sticker at CC in Aventura Florida. If anyone is interested, you should try checking your local one to see if its the same price.

[quote name='mkernan']I hit up the Lewisville, TX store over lunch and there's not much of note there. Their bins were all last gen and crappy. The few things I spotted on the shelf were TMNT (360), Alien Syndrome (Wii), Lunar Knights (DS), Metroid Prime Hunters (DS), and Mario Superstar Baseball (GC), each in their respective console's section and still stickered full price. All should be $16.96 except Mario Baseball is $8.96. I picked up a copy of Mario baseball and there were 2 left there still. They also had an open-box MS VGA 360 cable in a bin up front for $25 (audio adapter included) which I passed on.[/quote]Thanks for the heads up, I've been looking for MPH.

[quote name='FFandMMfan']Hey uh, I posted this several pages back but I guess no one saw it, so I'll post it again.
I found Magical Starsign (DS) for $6 on a $16.96 sticker at CC in Aventura Florida. If anyone is interested, you should try checking your local one to see if its the same price.[/QUOTE]

MS has been at the 8.96 price point for a while now... I bought it last year I believe during the last 33% off clearance

It's a shame the old clearance games aren't dropping like they used to. With the 33% off prices are decent but I miss the days of games being $0.96, $1.96, $2.96 and $3.96

[quote name='Dogpatch']The same thing for me today. It gave me a smile to see her ring up Naruto: Clash of Ninja 2. The sticker had 39.99. Rang up for 6. Also picked up Odin Sphere and Trauma Center. A few other odds and ends there. Wish I had more money to spend.

This was the CC on Two Notch in Columbia, SC. I know I saw another Odin Sphere, Perfect Dark Zero, Genji (PS2), Madden 07 (reg and LE), Marvel Ultimate Alliance (360), and more. Not many gamecube games left. Picked up the only Trauma Center. Did not go through the DS or PSP stuff.[/quote]

I was working in Columbia this past week, and never had time to hit up any of the CC's down there. Congrats though. I would've picked up the Odin Sphere.

Taunton, MA had 2x GodHand, 1x Odin Sphere, 1x Lunar Knights, probably 20x Ape Escape 3, 5x Alien Hominid (ps2), 3x Bomberman 360 and probably others I'm forgetting.

Didn't pick up anything, though.

My roadtrip is almost over. I've hit 4 CC in the past couple of days. So far I got one copy of Red Steel and one copy of Odin Sphere. Both $11.xx(whatever it is after discount). When I get home tomorrow, I'll try the few by my house.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']It's a shame the old clearance games aren't dropping like they used to. With the 33% off prices are decent but I miss the days of games being $0.96, $1.96, $2.96 and $3.96[/quote]

Though it's not a great find, I did buy a copy of Konami Arcade Advanced for $2.96 tonight.

I pick up Kingdom Hearts non 2 Non gh for 19.99

Odin Sphere for 11.36

there were a lot of games.

They had Rogue Galaxy for 20$
Shadow of the Colossus but it was GH

If anyone has/finds an extra copy of Odin Sphere, please PM me. I've been looking. I have some games that I picked up from the CC clearance bins and I'm willing to do trades or Paypal.

If anyone can hook it up with Odin Sphere and Super Mario Sunshine, please do. I'll be one happy camper. :D

--Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back