Circuit City August Clearance

botticus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
Consider this a temporary thread until someone from CC can post a more complete list. What we have currently is only what is listed on the website or has been checked in-store. Thanks to Donnums, wlau, zman73, and kell. Forgive me if I missed crediting anyone.

All games $16.96. July thread can be found here.

:ps3:
The Club
F.E.A.R.
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground
Tony Hawk's Project 8

:wii:
Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure
Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
Bleach: Shattered Blade
Destroy All Humans! Big Willy Unleashed
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
FarCry Vengeance

:ds:
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
Mortal Kombat
Surf's Up

:360:
Eternal Sonata
NBA Street Homecourt
Armored Core 4

:gba:
TMNT
Super Mario Advance: Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3

:ps2:
DDR Supernova
Manhunt 2
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity

:xbox:
Family Guy
Call of Duty 3
Lego Star Wars 1
Lego Star Wars 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, would pick up some of those wii games if i had one. well Revenant Wings might be intersting

[quote name='devildr1ver']is dragonquest worth picking up?

definetly picking up the club and revenant wings[/quote]

Well it's no a great game, more like solid, but for only 18$ i think is a good value

Wow, I'm really tempted to pick up FFXII:RW for that price, but I'm planning on buying a 360 this weekend ($30 GC deal at CC, I can deal with paying $20 more to get it a month earlier) but maybe I can spare $17 more. I'll have to check for RW next time I'm in there - although it wasn't in the clearance stuff when I was in there today.

They did have Master of Illusion (DS) for $16.96 though. I guess that's part of August clearance too?

Never bit on F.E.A.R when it came out, would any readers here agree with the general consensus among the critics that it was a poorly done port?

[quote name='Robo']Wow, I'm really tempted to pick up FFXII:RW for that price, but I'm planning on buying a 360 this weekend ($30 GC deal at CC, I can deal with paying $20 more to get it a month earlier). I'll have to check for RW next time I'm in there - although it wasn't in the clearance stuff when I was in there today.

They did have Master of Illusion (DS) for $16.96 though. I guess that's part of August clearance too?[/quote]
Master of Illusion has been on clearance for a while. Most CCs (at least mine) are very slow to put the clearance stuff on the rack too, so it might be in the normal DS section. In fact, I prefer that they don't label/organize the clearance stuff right because it gives me (and CAGs in general) a better chance to get them. Though I do wish they at least had the labels on regular priced stuff right....or had a scanner for customer use.

Darn, nothing that really interests me. I will say though, for those that are thinking about RW, it's a great game. Definitely a little weird playing it on a handheld after playing FF12 on my PS2, but still a very good game.

[quote name='Codemaster']Master of Illusion has been on clearance for a while. Most CCs (at least mine) are very slow to put the clearance stuff on the rack too, so it might be in the normal DS section. In fact, I prefer that they don't label/organize the clearance stuff right because it gives me (and CAGs in general) a better chance to get them. Though I do wish they at least had the labels on regular priced stuff right....or had a scanner for customer use.[/quote]
That's what confused me. MoI hadn't been in the clearance rack before today.

And my CC has scanners for customer use. I guess it's one of the things that's different about "The City" branded stores. It's also one of the reasons I like shopping at that one over the others in the area.

[quote name='Robo']That's what confused me. MoI hadn't been in the clearance rack before today.

And my CC has scanners for customer use. I guess it's one of the things that's different about "The City" branded stores. It's also one of the reasons I like shopping at that one over the others in the area.[/QUOTE]

Some CCs have clearance racks?

Thanks botticus.

Damn. I almost wish I didn't already own FE. Hopefully, the full list includes more DS and PSP games. On the fence on The Club PS3. I already own everything else that would interest me.

Wow, I was just at a Circuit City today. I have to go back tomorrow and pick up Fire Emblem I guess.

Thanks, Botticus! I missed out on the Amazon.com sales for DQS: tMQatToM, so I'll swing by my CC tomorrow after work to pick that up. I'd definitely jump on FFXII: RW & FE: RD if I didn't already own both (unfortunately, both games sit sealed in my backlog, purchased at higher prices).

Thanks Bott, I might actually bother to check for some of those. The last few drops have been pretty gay for me because I couldn't find a single thing.. FFXII RW is pretty tempting at that price.

Well, damn, someone in the Blockbuster thread mentioned Fire Emblem and said that was about it. But I'd be all over DQ Swords and FFXII Revenant Wings if I could find them (yes, Fire Emblem is probably the best value there but I already have it - paid full price and have yet to play it :cry:).

I may have to drag myself out to a CC tomorrow... And just when I was taking a break from game shopping!

Wow! I'll checkout my local CC tomorrow :)

The Club
Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
Destroy All Humans! Big Willy Unleashed

I don't recall this being mentioned in past CC clearance threads, but I price checked the last copy of Eternal Sonata at my CC when I was there tonight, and it rang up $16.96. Bought it, but not sure whether to keep it or not since it's coming out on PS3 soon with extra features.

Also picked up Fire Emblem and Dragon Quest Swords, thanks OP!

[quote name='MasamuneNKX']I don't recall this being mentioned in past CC clearance threads, but I price checked the last copy of Eternal Sonata at my CC when I was there tonight, and it rang up $16.96. Bought it, but not sure whether to keep it or not since it's coming out on PS3 soon with extra features.[/quote]

i'm currently 2-3 hours into Eternal Sonata. i don't know anything about the PS3 version, but the 360 version is very fun (i don't care for the new-style RPGs out there, and this one appeals to me very much), and for 17 bucks ($8 at TRU if you can manage to find one), it's a very good buy. also consider that the PS3 version will likely cost at least 40-50 on day one, and you have an even more compelling reason to buy it for 360.

edit: duh, i read your post wrong. anyway, my reason for keeping it still stands. why pay 30 dollars more for a game that very likely won't include 30 dollars worth of additional features? i can't think of any recent ports-with-benefits that really out-shined the originals.

I got FFXII and a copy of Fire Emblem, for a friend and probably for someone who wants it on CAG.
I can't wait to see the full list-- some good drops this month.

Wow...there were 2 or 3 ES's left at my CC. I was going to hold off on getting it with my 360 since the PS3 version is coming out...but at $17, I'll bite.

Just hope they're still around Sunday. That's the next time I'll be there.

scored the last copy of DQ:S and FF:RW at Hayward CC this evening!!! They still had a couple of FE but I already have that. Giving the heads up to ppl they have I think 3 more copies of FE and 1 copy of Bleach. NO Big willy though!!!

Got a copy of DQS at the Pasadena CC. There were 2 more there if anyone in the area is interested. Anyone see any more copies of FFXII: RW in the SoCal area?

I would be all over FE and FFXII:RW if I could find them in my next trip to a distant town that has a CC store.

[quote name='oni-link']speaking of 360 I want to pick one up but I'm a little concerned about the RROD incident!!![/quote]

With the new Jasper processor being released with the 60gb model you really don't have to worry about RROD. Also every 360 is covered by a 3 year manufacture warranty for RROD. So theoretically if you purchased a 360 now you will definately be covered until the next new console comes out. I'm a big fan of the 360 but I also see the potential for the PS3 as well. I'd almost base your decision on purchasing a console purely off of which one most of your friends and family use and which one has more games you want to play.

I'd pay $17 for zak, fire emblem, and even destroy alll humans. (even though the 2nd one is sitting up sealed on my shelf).
really don't -need- these though...

Along the way to the gym today I picked up FE it was the last copy, there were still 2 DQ's left too bad I already got that one of goozex

actually price is the issue I'm hoping to pick up the arcade or 20 gig since the price is about right but i want to know more on specs and whether RROD would still be an issue!!!

[quote name='Sacsquash']With the new Jasper processor being released with the 60gb model you really don't have to worry about RROD. Also every 360 is covered by a 3 year manufacture warranty for RROD. So theoretically if you purchased a 360 now you will definately be covered until the next new console comes out. I'm a big fan of the 360 but I also see the potential for the PS3 as well. I'd almost base your decision on purchasing a console purely off of which one most of your friends and family use and which one has more games you want to play.[/quote]

New xbox, same as the old xbox:

http://kotaku.com/5034035/inside-the-60gb-360-old-cpu-new-memory-chips

I went to the Sugarland, TX CC today and they had two bins marked "Clearance - Starting at $1.96". The only game I saw marked $1.96 was Smuggglers Run for the PS2. They had a pretty good selection of the July DS and 360 games still. NO PS3 though! Looks like they may have already pulled the August stuff as I couldn't find a thing. Anyway, just thought I'd give a heads-up for anyone in the area looking to pick up any of these games.

Edit: They actually did have a few PS3 copies on the shelves. They had the Tony Hawk game for the PS3, if anyone is interested, but not anything else from the new sale that I could find. Also, MLB 07 (PS3) had a $13.57 price tag on the three copies I found. They must have tagged them during the 20% off sale.

bread's done
Back