Circuit City, Best Buy, and Target Ads for 7/11 - 7/17

The Successful Dropout

CAGiversary!
Feedback
101 (100%)
CIRCUIT CITY
Video Games
  • And for the moment that you've all been waiting for.....
    "$4.99 clearance on select game titles. Titles vary by store. In-store only."
    (I mean really, did you expect anything different???)
PS2
$49.99
  • NCAA Football 05 w/ free $10 GC
    Spider-Man 2
$39.99
  • Logitech Cordless Action Controller
$29.99
  • Rainbow Six 3
$24.99
  • Music Generator 3 w/ free movie cash (to what? i dunno)
$19.99
  • Need for Speed HP 2
    Crash Nitro Kart
$14.99
  • Goblin Commander
XBOX
$149.99
  • System w/ free Starter Kit
$49.99
    Logitech Cordless Precision Controller
$39.99
  • Full Spectrum Warrior
    Riddick
$24.99
  • Halo
    Project Gotham Racing 2
    Crimson Skies
GC
$49.99
GBA
$27.99
  • Sonic Advance 3
    Mario Golf
PC
$24.99
  • Spider-Man 2
$19.99
  • The Sims Deluxe Edition
$14.99
  • Backyard Baseball 05
DVD
$??.??
  • Never Die Alone
$19.99
  • Bourne Identity w/ free movie ticket for Bourne Supremacy
    Against the Ropes
    Mystic River
    Butterfly Effect
    Barbershop 2
    Secret Window
    Badder Santa
    Cold Mountain
$17.99
  • Agent Cody Banks 2
$12.99
  • Justice League
$8.99
  • Reservoir Dogs
    What Dreams May Com
    Which Way is Up?
    Player's Club
    Far & Away
    The Best of Will Ferrell on SNL
    Life
    National Security
    Exit Wounds
    Bone Collector
BEST BUY
Video Games
  • Get $5 off any Video Game Accessory priced $19.99 and up when you buy the NCAA Football 05 strategy guide from PRIMA ($14.99).
PS2
$49.99
  • NCAA Football 05 w/ 2 free 20oz bottles of any Coca-Cola product
    Showdown LoW
    Spider-Man 2
    Splinter Cell PT
$39.99
  • Network Adapter
$29.99
  • USB Headset
    Wireless Controller
    Max Drive
$19.99
  • Carrying Case
$14.99
  • PS2/PSX Multiplayer Adapter
XBOX
$149.99
  • System w/ free Mech Assault game
$99.99
  • Wireless Adapter
$69.99
  • 12-Month Live Starter Kit, includes headset & full version of Crimson Skies
$49.99
  • NCAA Football 05 w/ 2 free 20oz bottles of any Coca-Cola product
$39.99
  • 3-Month Live Starter Kit, includes headset & demo versions of Mech Assault & Moto GP
    Wireless Controller
    Riddick
    Full Spectrum Warrior
    Driv3r
PC
  • FREE Sims game by mail with purchase of any Sims game. Free game must be of equal or lesser value. $3 S&H Fee.
$34.99
  • Joint Operations TR
    Sims Mega Deluxe
$14.99
  • Sims Superstar
DVD
$??.??
  • Agent Cody Banks 2
$44.99
  • Hercules S4, 22 episodes
$19.99
  • Never Die Alone
    Against the Ropes
    Barbarian Invasions
    Dreamers
$17.99
  • Bourne Identity w/ free movie ticket for Bourne Supremacy
$16.99
  • Dragon Ball GT The Lost Episodes Reaction
$14.99
  • Justice League
$9.99
  • Manchurian Candidate
3 for $20
  • Agent Cody Banks
    National Security
    The One
    Juice
    Traffic
    Beautiful Mind
    Keeping the Faith
    40 Days & 40 Nights
    Swingers
    Donnie Brasco
    Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
    Live & Die in LA
    Saint
    Mission Impossible
    Mission Impossible 2
    Days of Thunder
    Firm
    Payback
    Bone Collector
    DragonSlayer
    BikerBoyz
    Ladies Man
    Valley Girl
    Sure Thing
    Meaning of Life
TARGET
PS2
$49.99
  • NCAA Football 05 w/ $3 off 12 or 24 pk Coke product coupon
XBOX
$49.99
GC
$49.99
GBA
$15
  • Classic Donkey Kong
    Classic
    Excitebike
    Pokemon Video
    Pokemon Video (different one)
DVD
$??.??
  • Bourne Identity
$19.99
  • Never Die Alone
    Against the Ropes
$15.99
  • Agent Cody Banks 2
2 for $15
  • Ever After
    Uptown Girls
    Out of Time
    Reservoir Dogs
    Knight's Tale
    Van Wilder

Resevoir dogs for $9 is pretty good so i might pick that up when i head there this weekend to see if the restocked. Thanks Trust, now i won't have to buy the paper.

Here's hoping that they restock and by restock do it with some good games other than sports titles.

ahhhhh~~~ what the hell?!?!

no Tales of Symphonia deals... gotta go preorder it at gamestop or something now. I hope it's not to late and I can get the free artbook or whatever

[quote name='trustcompany1013']
NCAA Football 05 w/ 2 free 20oz bottles of any Coca-Cola product
[/quote]

isnt this kinda promoting espn sports games with those coke caps?

thanks, I'm going to stand in line about 1 hour before my local Circuit City opens, and spend about $40 of $4.99 Xbox games. :)

I guess that means no price matching at Best Buy then. They refuse to call CC for a price match. Maybe Toys'R'Us..... Last time I checked they had several copies of Disgaea and Viewtiful Joe.... Not to mention an ICO....

[quote name='trustcompany1013']TARGET
PS2
$49.99
XBOX
$49.99
GC
$49.99
[/quote]

Does three dollars off coke really appeal to anyone?

My CC already started the sale. I think they had all the games out in a bin already. Most of them are shitty games like 2002 sports and really old games.

Yo thanks for the post trustcompany! Anyway i was wondering how you get these ads early.

Oh yeah and to anyone else...Do you think Toys r Us will pricematch by phone? I think I saw a few games on the 4.99 list there.

If you are extremely lucky TRU will price match. The official policy is that you must have a print ad in order to price match. Also, the policy states that the item must be in stock at the other store, but they will only call if the difference is greater than $15. Since there aren't any games pictured for the $4.99 sale it will be extremely hard to get any store to match the price, but some people have gotten lucky before.

Checked my local CC again today and they have 3 bins of $5 games and most of them were OLD sports games! Nothing that I really wanted, but I am hoping sunday would at least bring 1 game that I want.

When I was at some other stores tonight I asked the guys if they could enter in some UPC codes so I could see if there was anything in transit or in wearhouse.
I tried Dark Cloud 2, Disgea, and Armored Core 3, none across the board. None in store, none in wearhouse, and no in transit :(

[quote name='trustcompany1013']53 views and 1 response...you information whores :twoguns:[/quote]

dude you actually look at that?

For those interested in picking up Full Spectrum Warrior:

The latest EGM (August) has a $5 coupon in the add for FSW. Maybe if you are lucky you could combine? But good for those who can't find the GGC.

Jeremy

To the person who posted these ads...do you by chance know Best Buys financing plans for next week on Television sets? I am looking at getting a new Widescreen TV and am waiting for them to do their 24 months no interest again. Thanks! :lol:

[quote name='"DealHunter"'][quote name='"trustcompany1013"']53 views and 1 response...you information whores :twoguns:[/quote]

*ROTFLMAO*

I went to Toy R Us yesterday and they said they would price match too.[/quote]

God Bless the price match

i went to toys r us and they said i had to have an ad. so i was planning on copying a list from the internet and show them those are the 4.99 games and hopefully they will honor the list i get. best buy said i could get a copy of a receipt. so if any of you have copies of receipts post them. best buy and toys r us still have good ones like m v c 2 or doa vb.

Finally, NCAA 2005!!

Now I'll see if this rain check from Target that has been burning a hole in my pocket was worth the trouble.

[quote name='jimmydykes']i went to toys r us and they said i had to have an ad. so i was planning on copying a list from the internet and show them those are the 4.99 games and hopefully they will honor the list i get. best buy said i could get a copy of a receipt. so if any of you have copies of receipts post them. best buy and toys r us still have good ones like m v c 2 or doa vb.[/quote]

Unless they are feeling really generous or are stupid beyond belief, they are just going to laugh at your internet list or scanned copy of a receipt from god knows where.

I saw that CC had a few games online for $4.99 earlier this week, but of course they were all sold out at the time. The CC here (southern CT) didn't have much when I went there wednesday night. Alot of old sports titles, and demo disks mostly. The clerk that I talked with said that some guy bought 60 (!) xbox games the first day of the sale when the store opened, then returned about half of them when he realized that they were crap! I am going to stop by tomorrow, but I don't have high expectations considering the greedy nature of some of these people. I am certainly not going to camp there all night, though. And, another thing that apparently some don't realize is that the games will not sell for much on ebay if the supply far exceeds the demand.

[quote name='GundamFan']Yo thanks for the post trustcompany! Anyway i was wondering how you get these ads early.[/quote]

Many areas's newspapers have an early edition of the Sunday paper that comes out on Saturday that has the Sunday ads in it. That's how some people find out a day ahead of time what is on sale at what stores.

I went to two local CCs last time and they had no games that I wanted(and barely any from the list). Should I bother trying tomorrow? Will CC have restocked?

the word is that they have to and will restock, seeing how thats when its supposed to start, its in the ad and if they dont u can accuse bait and switch

rofl, they're probably being compelled to do so since so many people found out about it and cleared it out before it was even advertised. =)

bread's done
Back