Circuit City / Best Buy/ Target video game prices 1/20/08-1/26/08

JokerCard

CAGiversary!
Since Speedy isn't here for a couple of weeks, I thought Id give you the CC flyer in the style of Speedy's ad posts.

NOTE: If anyone has any of the other flyers, please lend a hand. I only receive the CC flyers in advance and would need help on the others such as BB and Target. I will be sure to give you credit for your work. Happy shopping!

Circuit City

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good Day DVDTalkers and Circuit City watchers!

And a Special Shout Out To All My Friends at CAG!

I’ve got the Circuit City circular for 1/20/08 - 1/26/08 in my hands.

Please be aware of the following:

* GAMERS: The Wii IS in this week's ad! (Minimum 5 per store)
* Pre-order Super Smash Bros. Brawl or Turok 3 and get a $10 gift card when you pick up the game. $5 deposit required.

As always, ask any questions and I'll respond as soon as I can.

Video Games:

Xbox 360

Burnout Paradise >>>> $59.99 ++++

NFL Tour >>>> $39.99

NBA 2K8 >>>> $32.99

Conan >>>> $32.99

Juiced 2 >>>> $32.99

Forza 2 >>>> $32.99

Soldier of Fortune: Payback >>>> $32.99

Spiderman Friend or Foe >>>> $32.99

++++ Free CC exclusive unlockable vehicle (see store associate for code)

PS3

Burnout Paradise >>>> $59.99 ++++

NFL Tour >>>> $39.99

NBA 2K8 >>>> $32.99

Conan >>>> $32.99

Ghost Recon advanced Warfighter 2 >>>> $32.99

Splinter Cell Double Agent >>>> $32.99

++++ Free CC exclusive unlockable vehicle (see store associate for code)

Wii

Wii >>>> $249.99 (Minimum 5 per store)

Wii remote >>>> $39.99

Wii Nunchuck >>>> $19.99

Wii Zapper >>>> $19.99

Endless Ocean >>>> $49.99

Sonic Riders >>>> $49.99

Spiderman friend or foe >>>> $32.99

Cranium Kabookii >>>> $32.99

GT Pro Series >>>> $19.99

Spiderman 3 >>>> $19.99

Shrek the Third >>>> $19.99

DS

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games >>>> $34.99

Spiderman 3 >>>> $19.99

PS2

Spiderman 3 >>>> $19.99

PC GAMES:

50% off all PC games $19.99 or less

Pictured:
Half-life 2 >>>> $9.99
World of Warcraft >>>> $9.99

50% off all Strategy guides

Pictured:
Pokemon Pokedex >>>> $9.99
Halo 3 >>>> $9.99

Best Buy

Thanks to piercey!

[quote name='piercey']Even better, how about a list?

:360:

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare ---- $59.99
NFL Tour ------- $39.99
Assassins Creed ------ $39.99
BioShock -------- $39.99
Burnout Paradise (with free car) ------- $59.99

Buy Burnout Paradise and the Wireless Racing Wheel ($99.99) and recieve a $20 gift card.

:ps3:

Assassins Creed ---------- $39.99
Eye Camera ---------- $39.99

:ds:

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games ----- $34.99
Brain Challenge---------- $19.99
Pokemon Pearl - $34.99
Pokemon Diamond ----- $34.99

:wii:

Sonic Riders ---- $49.99
No More Heroes ----- $49.99
Lego Starwars: The complete saga----- $49.99
Cooking Mama: Cook Off ------ $29.99

:psp:

following games all $14.99:

SOCOM
Wipeout Pure
Hot Shots Golf
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition

:ps2:

Sonic Riders ----- $39.99

:pc:

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars ---- $19.99
Gears of War ----- $49.99
Call of Duty 4 ------ $49.99
Pirates of the Burning Sea - $49.99[/quote]

Target

Thanks to mephitical!

[quote name='mephitical']I just got the Target prices. I made them with my body.
And then I stole them from SlickDeals, who stole them from DVDTalk.

Target Prices 1/20/08 - 1/26/08
Video Games
Nintendo DS
Advance Wars: Days Of Ruin - 29.99 (available Tues. 1/22 by 4pm)
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games - 34.99 (available Wed. 1/23 by 4pm)

Playstation 3
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - 59.99
Unreal Tournament 3 - 59.99

XBOX 360
Dark Sector - 59.99 (available Wed. 1/23 by 4pm)
Halo 3 - 59.99

Playstation 3 / XBOX 360
Burnout Paradise - 59.99 (available Tues. 1/22 by 4pm)
Call Of Duty 4 - 59.99 - Free $10 Target Giftcard with purchase
NBA 2K8 - 39.99 (price cut)

Grand Theft Auto IV (Free & Exclusive Grand Theft Auto IV Game System Wrap for PS3 or XBOX 360 with $10 reservation of regular or special-edition game - available April 2008, free wrap available with game pickup)[/quote]

[quote name='Josef']Why is this thread in the Deal Graveyard?

Technically, it hasn't even lived yet :D[/quote]

Wondering the same thing.

I think I'll pick up Sim City 4 Deluxe edition finally :D

Can anyone confirm if it's there though ... it's on the BB site but not CC.

If not I rather shop at BB anyways so I'll price match the Assasins Creed guide and this game at BB :D

[quote name='Josef']Why is this thread in the Deal Graveyard?

Technically, it hasn't even lived yet :D[/quote]
Sorry about that!

I just came back from my (somewhat) local CC store (in Braintree, MA).

None of the games rang up at half-price, even though in their PC games section was a BIG SIGN saying All PC Games $20 or less are 50% off AND their flyer says the same thing.

So, they told me to go to Customer Service -- and they looked at the flyer and slapped all the prices in half.

Here's what I got, after the 50% discount:
1. Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened -- $9.98
2. Fate -- $9.98
3. Sim City 4: Deluxe Edition -- $9.98
4. The Movies: Stunts & Effects Expansion -- $9.98
5. Galac Civ: Ultimate Edition -- $2.49
6. The Ship -- $2.34

[quote name='Squarehard']Is the GT Pro series the one with the wheel[/quote]

I'm almost positive it is. It would be a nice pickup for people looking to buy Mario Kart in the near future.

[quote name='MysterD']I just came back from my (somewhat) local CC store (in Braintree, MA).

None of the games rang up at half-price, even though in their PC games section was a BIG SIGN saying All PC Games $20 or less are 50% off AND their flyer says the same thing.

So, they told me to go to Customer Service -- and they looked at the flyer and slapped all the prices in half.

2. Fate -- $9.98
6. The Ship -- $2.34[/quote]

I hope they do the same thing online. I don't feel like having to go to CC. Probably have to though, in order to get this deal.

Sale didn't do 50% off for me at CC, either, and almost none of their games had any prices on them.

I did find a copy of the Police Quest collection stickered at $14.99, so they had to manually knock it to $7.50 + tax. I'm a sucker for the old Sierra games, so a decent deal for me.

I tried to sneak in a price match at Best Buy on Pirates! and Sam and Max Season 1, since BB has them both for $19.99, but of course I get the one guy who wants to be a hero and actually call CC to check stock and prices, so I was found out. Oh well, no big deal. There will be other sales.

I tried to price match the 50% off all $19.99 PC games at Best Buy, but after contacting a few higher ups, customer service told me they received an email from Corporate instructing them NOT to honor the 50% off sale. Oh well, I tried.

[quote name='Legolas813']I tried to price match the 50% off all $19.99 PC games at Best Buy, but after contacting a few higher ups, customer service told me they received an email from Corporate instructing them NOT to honor the 50% off sale. Oh well, I tried.[/QUOTE]
This is probably because Best Buy actually keeps price stickers up to date. CC can scare off most people with their $49.99 stickers on games released in 2001.

not sure if this has been posted, but best buy has ultimate ghosts and goblins for PSP for $9.99. there were several copies in the sunrise, fl BB

Just got back from CC, got CounterStrike Anthology for $9.99 and Freelancer (old PC game) for $4.99. I got SimCity 4 already, so no dice on that.

[quote name='bil4ltool']Does anyone know the chances that Wal Mart would match the 50% off all strategy guides deal?[/quote]
Wal-Mart will only price match when the ad specifically states the price. They don't price match percent off's or buy 1 get 1 deals.

Picked up a Wii this morning at Circuit City. Wii releases can be entertaining, they handed out tickets at 9 for a total of 8 systems and told everyone they could go out to their cars, the only stipulation was that we must be back at 10 to pickup our system otherwise it would be stocked and sold because it was only about 5 degrees outside this morning + whatever the wind chill was. Now here is the funny part, I take my ticket #3 sit their and wait in my car, meanwhile at least 30 - 40 new people are now lined up at the door by 9:15 not knowing they already passed out the tickets, the CC employees just let them stand there for a good half hour in the freezing cold, then the manager comes out and tells them he already passed out tickets at 9, Angry mob starts yelling at him but they leave. Meanwhile as soon as that crowd disperses another 20 or so mostly elderly people end up at the front door waiting from 9:45 - 10:00 thinking they were in line to get the Wii and then they open up the doors and say that the Wii will only be sold to those who already received a ticket and this is where the pissed off grandparents start threatening the manager and are ready to throw down with those of us with the tickets. I actually saw an old lady tell this poor manager that she was going to call corporate to make sure he gets fired, the manager of course without missing a beat says, it has been our corporate policy for Sunday Wii releases to hand out tickets 1 hour prior to store opening, heres the number to our Cool line I hope they help you out as I have no control on how many units we receive. I loved every minute of it. LOL ;)

[quote name='morpheusx']Picked up a Wii this morning at Circuit City. Wii releases can be entertaining, they handed out tickets at 9 for a total of 8 systems and told everyone they could go out to their cars, the only stipulation was that we must be back at 10 to pickup our system otherwise it would be stocked and sold because it was only about 5 degrees outside this morning + whatever the wind chill was. Now here is the funny part, I take my ticket #3 sit their and wait in my car, meanwhile at least 30 - 40 new people are now lined up at the door by 9:15 not knowing they already passed out the tickets, the CC employees just let them stand there for a good half hour in the freezing cold, then the manager comes out and tells them he already passed out tickets at 9, Angry mob starts yelling at him but they leave. Meanwhile as soon as that crowd disperses another 20 or so mostly elderly people end up at the front door waiting from 9:45 - 10:00 thinking they were in line to get the Wii and then they open up the doors and say that the Wii will only be sold to those who already received a ticket and this is where the pissed off grandparents start threatening the manager and are ready to throw down with those of us with the tickets. I actually saw an old lady tell this poor manager that she was going to call corporate to make sure he gets fired, the manager of course without missing a beat says, it has been our corporate policy for Sunday Wii releases to hand out tickets 1 hour prior to store opening, heres the number to our Cool line I hope they help you out as I have no control on how many units we receive. I loved every minute of it. LOL ;)[/QUOTE]

You only loved it because you got a Wii ;) :D

[quote name='morpheusx']Picked up a Wii this morning at Circuit City. Wii releases can be entertaining, they handed out tickets at 9 for a total of 8 systems and told everyone they could go out to their cars, the only stipulation was that we must be back at 10 to pickup our system otherwise it would be stocked and sold because it was only about 5 degrees outside this morning + whatever the wind chill was. Now here is the funny part, I take my ticket #3 sit their and wait in my car, meanwhile at least 30 - 40 new people are now lined up at the door by 9:15 not knowing they already passed out the tickets, the CC employees just let them stand there for a good half hour in the freezing cold, then the manager comes out and tells them he already passed out tickets at 9, Angry mob starts yelling at him but they leave. Meanwhile as soon as that crowd disperses another 20 or so mostly elderly people end up at the front door waiting from 9:45 - 10:00 thinking they were in line to get the Wii and then they open up the doors and say that the Wii will only be sold to those who already received a ticket and this is where the pissed off grandparents start threatening the manager and are ready to throw down with those of us with the tickets. I actually saw an old lady tell this poor manager that she was going to call corporate to make sure he gets fired, the manager of course without missing a beat says, it has been our corporate policy for Sunday Wii releases to hand out tickets 1 hour prior to store opening, heres the number to our Cool line I hope they help you out as I have no control on how many units we receive. I loved every minute of it. LOL ;)[/quote]

a simple sign outside the door stating they already passed out tickets would have been courteous. funny story nonetheless.

FYI, that 10/12% off Best Buy coupon worked on Quake Wars. I also bought Dai Senryaku for PS2 at the same time (took $2 off QW and $1 off DS). I was expecting it not to work since QW is on sale...

Picked up my second Wii today at Circuit City. (Sold my first one at cost to a friend of mine who used to complain daily about how much he wanted a Wii. Already beat Zelda and had my fair share of Wii Sports, so I was pretty much done with it at the time.) Just this past week my dad asked me to find him a Wii because he wanted one, so I went out at 6:30 and waited in my car until 7 when I counted 4 other cars, so I went to sit out in front of the store. At about 8 they handed out vouchers to the 6 of us there (9 Wii's) and I left. Came back at around 10:10 to pick up my Wii and they were sold out of pretty much all the accessories so I went on a conquest.

Ended up getting:
Wii @ Circuit City
Wii Play @ Toys'R'Us
Nunchuck & Mario Galaxy @ Target
Component Cables & Wii Zapper @ Walmart

So far the second experience is pretty awesome, though nowhere near as awesome as it was playing Zelda with the Wii remote for the first time. Wii Sports is exactly as I remember, and for that, it's pretty awesome. First time having Wii Play, and I have to say pretty much all the games suck. The best is the Air Hockey game, but it feels so unnatural compared to actually playing the game. Its funny because its so inaccurate that both sides complain about it, even though one is winning. The Wii Zapper and the Zelda game kind of suck. Nothing like having a lightgun. I played a little bit of Super Mario Galaxy and it just hasn't clicked for me. I dunno, the Wiimote seems better suited for the minigame compilations than actual games. Thinking about buying Zelda for GC and a GC controller, but I kind of want the fishing with the Wiimote.

[quote name='Esperado']

I played a little bit of Super Mario Galaxy and it just hasn't clicked for me. I dunno, the Wiimote seems better suited for the minigame compilations than actual games. Thinking about buying Zelda for GC and a GC controller, but I kind of want the fishing with the Wiimote.[/quote]

I have both a Wii and Xbox (the new Wii was to resell as I need to pay for my gaming habit) Anyway none the less SM Galaxy isn't bad, but I'm like you there is something about it that hasn't clicked, I think it may be that I have about 5 or 6 recent games on the 360 that I'd rather play right now.

[quote name='MysterD']I just came back from my (somewhat) local CC store (in Braintree, MA).

2. Fate -- $9.98
6. The Ship -- $2.34[/quote]

So they do sell Sim City 4: Deluxe Edition ... good good

Can anyone confirm if they have the Assasins Creed guide with the art book in it?

It turns out quite a few more games apply to this 50% off deal than I thought. Apparently Circuit City is super slow at updating prices on games or they just don't bother to update them at all. I just got Culpa Innata for $10, even though it was labeled $29.99!!! And I'm pretty sure you can get Sam and Max: Season One for that price as well, though I didn't price check it because I already have the games on GameTap. In summary: any game you want, take up to customer service and price check it. It may just ring up as $10.

Sigh...I don't think the 50% off $19.99 games will help me: the two PC games I'm interested in - despite not being in the Circuit City online database (which often means the price that rings up at a brick&mortar store is often far under $19.99) - both rang up last week at $23.

Has anyone had a higher priced than $19.99 game ring up for 50% less during this sale?

I picked up Culpa Innata as well, it was stickered at $29.99, but I price checked it and they said $19.99. One of the things I hate most about Circuit City is that they are REALLY bad about not restickering their games after price drops.

Sam and Max was stickered at $29.99, but price checked at $24.99, so no deal on that.

Add me to the list of people that had to get them to manually change the price on Culpa Innata, after I had to go pick up an ad and show it to the teller to prove the deal existed.

[quote name='Monroeski']Add me to the list of people that had to get them to manually change the price on Culpa Innata, after I had to go pick up an ad and show it to the teller to prove the deal existed.[/QUOTE]

Actually for me, Culpa Innata said $29.99 on the box, but it rang up an even $10 at the register. Though there was no hassle getting the discounted price on the game, I would have had no idea it was discounted if I hadn't read a post on another site about someone getting the game for $10.

Does Circuit City not want people to purchase their games? Why are they so lazy and intent on never changing prices on boxes (this goes for everything in the store, not just games)? And why are no registers ever open and you have to wait five minutes just to get someone up to the front of the store to check you out? It's like they are begging you to take your money to Best Buy.

Well my trip to CC was terrible.

I went in and picked out a handful of games that were fairly old and I had been meaning to check out. I picked out Never Winter Nights 2, Galactic Civ II, UFO, Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Plat., and Titan Quest. They were all marked at 19.99 or more, or had no sticker at all. All of them rang up lower than what the sticker said.

I also picked up the Lord of the Rings Online strategy guide with no price sticker on it.

Except for Titan Quest, they were all above the 19.99 mark. Titan Quest rang up for 7.50 and the LOTRO guide came in as 12.99. I then mentioned the 50% off deal, at which point the lady at the register (after not knowing about the deal at all) said that the discount was already off.

I said that can't be right because if that was the case, the LOTRO guide, which rang up at 12.99 would normally be 26.00, 6 more than the retail price listed on the UPC code on the back. She called in someone else to look.

They looked and said, "check the website". They checked the guide price and it said 12.99 there too. After checking other guide prices, they took off the 50% on the guide.

I then said the 50% applies to the Titan Quest also. Then the 2nd lady said no, that price is already off cause the sticker on the box says 19.99. I mentioned that the stickers are never updated and she said I was wrong.

I still pushed for the 50% and they called over the manager cause at this point there was a line of 5 people waiting to be rung up. The manager came over, heard the story and said the discount was already applied for both items. I said that she was wrong. And to prove my point that they weren't discounted yet, I went over and got the Super Mario Galaxy Guide that was 19.99 on the sticker, and sure enough it rang up as 19.99. The manager said that it's like that THAT particular guide hasn't been updated yet...

Amazing. She was basically making up policy as she went along at this point. I argued more and she said she would take 2 dollars off the purchase, but I said she was cheating me. I wound up leaving.

I'm going to see if I can get in touch with the general manager sometime this week and see what is up.

It's the whole principle that is pissing me off the most.

Anyone able to offer any advice or supporting facts?

[quote name='Tikigod']Well my trip to CC was terrible.

I went in and picked out a handful of games that were fairly old and I had been meaning to check out. I picked out Never Winter Nights 2, Galactic Civ II, UFO, Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Plat., and Titan Quest. They were all marked at 19.99 or more, or had no sticker at all. All of them rang up lower than what the sticker said.

I also picked up the Lord of the Rings Online strategy guide with no price sticker on it.

Except for Titan Quest, they were all above the 19.99 mark. Titan Quest rang up for 7.50 and the LOTRO guide came in as 12.99. I then mentioned the 50% off deal, at which point the lady at the register (after not knowing about the deal at all) said that the discount was already off.

I said that can't be right because if that was the case, the LOTRO guide, which rang up at 12.99 would normally be 26.00, 6 more than the retail price listed on the UPC code on the back. She called in someone else to look.

They looked and said, "check the website". They checked the guide price and it said 12.99 there too. After checking other guide prices, they took off the 50% on the guide.

I then said the 50% applies to the Titan Quest also. Then the 2nd lady said no, that price is already off cause the sticker on the box says 19.99. I mentioned that the stickers are never updated and she said I was wrong.

I still pushed for the 50% and they called over the manager cause at this point there was a line of 5 people waiting to be rung up. The manager came over, heard the story and said the discount was already applied for both items. I said that she was wrong. And to prove my point that they weren't discounted yet, I went over and got the Super Mario Galaxy Guide that was 19.99 on the sticker, and sure enough it rang up as 19.99. The manager said that it's like that THAT particular guide hasn't been updated yet...

Amazing. She was basically making up policy as she went along at this point. I argued more and she said she would take 2 dollars off the purchase, but I said she was cheating me. I would up leaving.

I'm going to see if I can get in touch with the general manager sometime this week and see what is up.

Anyone able to offer any advice or supporting facts?[/quote]

You got the 50% off the guide, so your beef is the $3.75 off of Titan Quest? Post your paypal email and we will take up a collection.

If you are surprised at the lack of scruples exhibited by Circuit City managers, then you will be shocked to learn that grass is green and the sky is blue.

I'm sure an entire thread could be devoted to the baloney C.C. managers and sales people dish out. I've heard plenty myself. It's like some lawless third world country in most of them.

Also, you're lucky you made it out of the PC games aisle without needing a hepatitis shot. Is it organized by box color? By the number of letters in the title? Why is Starcraft $49.99?

i was in complete shock when all my games rang up correctly at 50% off the website prices. of course most of the stickered prices were wrong.

[quote name='honkymagoo']You got the 50% off the guide, so your beef is the $3.75 off of Titan Quest? Post your paypal email and we will take up a collection.

If you are surprised at the lack of scruples exhibited by Circuit City managers, then you will be shocked to learn that grass is green and the sky is blue.

I'm sure an entire thread could be devoted to the baloney C.C. managers and sales people dish out. I've heard plenty myself. It's like some lawless third world country in most of them.

Also, you're lucky you made it out of the PC games aisle without needing a hepatitis shot. Is it organized by box color? By the number of letters in the title? Why is Starcraft $49.99?[/QUOTE]
Like I said it's not the $3.75 amount, it's the principle. They swore up and done that all stickered prices were 100% correct and discounts were being taken off, regardless of whatever rational proof I was pointing out.

I'm going back to argue more.

[quote name='honkymagoo']Why is Starcraft $49.99?[/quote]

The Big Battle chest box was marked 19.99 at my CC. I was going to pick it up actually but I hit up the local Goodwill before hand and it was there surprisingly :D. Got myself a pristine, looks like never even used copy for 5$.

I picked up Sim City 4 which is the main reason why I went there. Got lucky to because it was the last one.

so some games that were marked higher than 19.99 on the box are actually cheaper? so i should have them ring it up to double check the price right?

[quote name='Inspector Jihad']so some games that were marked higher than 19.99 on the box are actually cheaper? so i should have them ring it up to double check the price right?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you should. Circuit City seems to rarely retag games with new prices, no matter how old they are.

[quote name='Inspector Jihad']so some games that were marked higher than 19.99 on the box are actually cheaper? so i should have them ring it up to double check the price right?[/QUOTE]
If you are lucky, when they do ring up lower, they won't try to pass off that lower ringup as the discounted 50% already applied.

Is an individual Circuit City location allowed to deny participation in this 50% off sale by claiming they do not take part in "liquidation sales"? This is exactly what is happening to someone on another forum.

[quote name='Tikigod']Well my trip to CC was terrible.

Amazing. She was basically making up policy as she went along at this point. I argued more and she said she would take 2 dollars off the purchase, but I said she was cheating me. I wound up leaving.

Anyone able to offer any advice or supporting facts?[/quote]

That's why I was hoping this deal would be online. There's a good chance it will work in store fine, but also a good chance I'd have to go through some stuff to get the deal through.

Cags one question, do the deal of the different CC, vary from store to store?I mean, in one state the sales circular could be completely different from another city store?Cause CC opened 2 weeks back here in Puerto Rico, and I went today looking for those ads, and I asked the clerk if there was any ad circular, and the clerk showed me the same ad, at the local newspaper, and to my surprise there was no pc games at half the price in the ads....The local ad was only 4 pages integrated on the regular pages of the newspaper.......Nowhere like the one on the USA stores, and when I checked the prices on some laser mice the prices were raised like a razer online it was 50$ and here in Puerto Rico it was at 76$, I am tired of these large chains coming to PR , ripping us off.......It was first COMPUSA and now it is CC, I no longer going to waste my time on CC.

Picked up these PC titles today (I didn't get around to them the first time:)
6.50 = Prey
10.00 = Battlefield 2142
2.50ish = Galactic Empires
3.29 = Dark Messiah of M&M
5.00 = Titan Quest (I think this was supposed to be $10 but she discounted it again).

[quote name='Boseafus']Picked up these PC titles today (I didn't get around to them the first time:)
6.50 = Prey
10.00 = Battlefield 2142
2.50ish = Galactic Empires
3.29 = Dark Messiah of M&M
5.00 = Titan Quest (I think this was supposed to be $10 but she discounted it again).[/quote]

Is Dark Messiah the big "Battle Chest" version or just the game?

bread's done
Back