Circuit City Clearance list. 5 - 10 dollar games as of June 18

Yeahman

CAGiversary!
June 18.

Since this list was bumped I changed it so that no one would think that the old prices still counted. At this point I don't know if CC has any kind of percentage clearance going.

Here then are the games that I know to be 5 - 10 as thier regular price.

GCN:

MX Superfly $10
NBA 2K3 $10
Star Wars Rogue leader $10
Street Hoops $10
Waverace Bluestorm $10
WWE Crushhour $10

XBOX:

Alter Echo $10
Batman Dark Tomorrow $10
Capcom vs SNK 2 EO $10
NBA 2K3 $10
Shenmue II $10
Triple Play 2002 $5

PS2:

Alter Echo $10
Breath of Fire:DQ $10
Corvette $10
Evergrace $10
Evolution Skateboarding $10
Haven $5
RTX Redrock $10
Shinobi $10
Silpheed
Transworld Surf $10
Wipeout Fusion $10

[quote name='dynamite99']there i fixed the list, damn it not my fault. :evil: i just copy and paste them, and that took a while too reading all those posts, there got to be some mistakes. but it fixed now :roll:[/quote]

I appreciate it...at least someone kept updating my list...it is tiresome to keep looking through all the pages.

[quote name='dynamite99']there i fixed the list, damn it not my fault. :evil: i just copy and paste them, and that took a while too reading all those posts, there got to be some mistakes. but it fixed now :roll:[/quote]

Thanks for fixing the list. No one said it was your fault for there being errors in the list; in fact, I'm sure there's not one person here who doesn't appreciate the time you spent revising the list.

On another note, to anyone heading to a CC soon, please check out the summer Jampacks of '01, '02, and '03. I only checked the winter ones of '01 and '02, and I just assumed that the summer '01 and '02 ones were a penny as well. Also, I have no clue if the summer '03 Jampack is a penny yet, but I have a hunch. I'll be extremely grateful to whoever reports it.

Ok i just got back from circuit city and heres a few updates for you guys.

Contra Shattered Soldier for ps2 is 14.99.

You can take advantage of the computer for the buy 3 get 20 off, heres how you do it...

You have to get games normally 20 bucks but 50% on clearence.

For instance today i picked up phantasy star collection gba, oni for ps2, and even of extinction all for 3.33 each, or 10.80 total.

i got skies of arcadia for 18, good deal.

For anyone seeking a zelda master quest/oot disc still...some cc's have them for 7.50, just look for the clearence sheet and ask them to search the number.

You can only do do the buy 3 get 20 off deal twice per store :[

i got Gungrave for 5 bucks today, hopefully its a decent game. ive been to a handful of circuit city's around my area and yea like some other people I still can't get my hands on shinobi.

i had some guy scan Gungrave to make sure it was 5 bucks and he freaked out. quite funny.

The cashier I had interpreted the sale to be $20 off 3 games that are "normally" $20 or more each. By "normally," he meant the marked prices. Therefore, if you got any three games that rang up at $10 but were marked at $20 or more, you could get all three for just $10.

The kid at Circuit City who did the price checks for me yesterday was like

"Dude how do you know all this!?!"

Gungrave was still marked 49.99 and his jaw dropped when it rang up 4.98. Lost Kingdoms was still marked 49.99. Heck they even had Ephemeral Fantasia still sitting around. Yeah the game sucks but it shows how much work they need to do. Both stores I've been to have had Rez.

Actually I didn't but I'm sure it was half off since it's so old.

The gamerankings score is a 51.1 and I've seem multiple awful reviews so I didn't even bother.

[quote name='dynamite99']ok people, i need to know what game are cheap so i went back to page one and copy and pasted all the found prices. man that was long, but here they are
XBOX
Mace Griffin $5[/quote]

I tried getting this at my CC, it was priced at 19.99 so I got them to ring it up and it came out at 14.99. :x Has anyone managed to get Xbox Mace Griffin for $5?

I picked up a few lame $5 games though :D : Gungrave, Murakumo and Wreckless

Oh wow, I just got back from CC, I can't believe how much money I saved.

Legend of Lagaia 2 - 8.32
Ape Escape 2 - 13.32
Gundam Federation - 23.32
Zone of Enders 2 - 14.96
Gungrave - 4.96

Crimson Sea - 18.32
Black Stone - 18.32
Morrowind (Game of the Year Edition) - 23.32

In all I spent close to $130 for eight games which would normally have costed me $260-$270. ^_^

I'm surprised at how many people are getting the 20 dollars off for games that weren't even 19.99.

I wish the cashier at mine had done that :(

[quote name='jjason82']Oh wow, I just got back from CC, I can't believe how much money I saved.

Ape Escape 2 - 13.32
Zone of Enders 2 - 14.96
Gungrave - 4.96

Crimson Sea - 18.32
Black Stone - 18.32

In all I spent close to $130 for eight games which would normally have costed me $260-$270. ^_^[/quote]

You bought Black Stone? that's supposed to be one of the worse games ever.

FYI peeps, i will keep updating the list on page 10 as we go along for easier search, instead of keep remaking the list for the rest of the week. it'd also easier if the topic maker put it on the first page, that'd be wonder

Thanks Dynamite for putting the list together. I'll put it on the front page.

I have to point out that that last group you added like Ape Escape for $13 is with people getting the buy 3 get $20 off deal so those don't count.

Thanks for the list.

[quote name='GameDude'][quote name='jjason82']Oh wow, I just got back from CC, I can't believe how much money I saved.

Ape Escape 2 - 13.32
Zone of Enders 2 - 14.96
Gungrave - 4.96

Crimson Sea - 18.32
Black Stone - 18.32

In all I spent close to $130 for eight games which would normally have costed me $260-$270. ^_^[/quote]

You bought Black Stone? that's supposed to be one of the worse games ever.[/quote]

-_-

Just got back from my local CC...I didn't get the $20 off the 3 games though, they said it had to be $19.99 as the purchase price. Anyway here is what I got:

Alien Front Online (DC) $4.96
Jet Set Radio Future (Xbox) $4.96
Giants: Citizen Kabuto (PS2) $4.96
Frequency (PS2) $14.99
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Xbox) $14.99
Clock Tower 3 (PS2) $9.99
Xenosaga (PS2) $19.99
Shenmue 2 (Xbox) $9.99

I didn't get much,
But here goes:
Ico - $14.99
Knockout Kings 2002 (xbox) $9.99
Mad Maestro - $9.99
Time Splitters - $9.99
Panzer Dragoon Orta - $14.99
Oni - $9.99

I am going to return Oni, Mad Maestro and Timesplitters because when I got home I found out that EB has them cheaper. But I am going to enjoy the others.

Take Care,
Matthew

[quote name='H-Town Info']hey steampunk where in houston did u get baldur's gate for 3.33[/quote]

Greenspoint location. I think it was a mistake, or maybe I got the buy 3 and get $20 off hookup. The original price quoted to me for BGDA was $10. By the way, I also got Splinter Cell (Xbox) for $13 and Midtown Madness 3 for $23.

I picked up Rez at my CC, and Stretch Panic ($9.99), Ico ($14.99), and Gitaroo-Man ($9.99) today... definitely going to return Ready 2 Rumble 2 and the Italian Job (what was I thinking?) and get the copies of Ring of Red and RAD I saw... if they still have them...

[quote name='dynamite99']do the price stickers say the sale price or it shows normal price but will ring up different at the counter? i just dont want any confusion[/quote]

The stickers have a sale price that partially covers up the original price... However, I did go to a different CC earlier and they didn't have any stickers on their games so I guess it varies from store to store...

This is funny. Most of the time CC is very consistent on their prices. It does not seem so this time. I did not get the buy a couple for $20, get $10 off special.
Also, Defender (Xbox) rang up at $14.99 for me, as well as most of the other ones.
I am going back today to check on Crimson Sea and Giants...

[quote name='simpsonps121']Also, Maximo was $15 at my CC.
Thanks
Matthew[/quote]

Was it the GH version or the original -- there may be a difference in the system.

Oh, I forgot to mention, when I went back to have my shinobi price adjusted, they also adjusted Document of Metal Gear Solid 2, so it is down to $5 as well.

I'm sure it's been noted but when it comes to XBX-PH and PS2-GH, I've only had the original versions ring up cheaper.

i.e. PS2 Maximo (orig.) = $10 ; (Greatest Hits-red label) = $20
i.e. XBX Wreckless (orig) = $5 ; (Platinum) = $20

Also, I may have missed it on earlier posts but: PS2 Amplitude rang up for $19.96 and NOT valid for the 'buy 3 games over 19.99, save $20' promo. But perhaps you can beg the clerk and do what i did. I begged the clerk to price adjust the amplitude to $19.99 to save me some money and he had no problem considering I alerted him to all the savings.

Also, don't know if these games have been mentioned:

(NGC) Die Hard = $10
(PS2) Armored Core 3 = $10 (I bought 4 copies because it allows system-link/i-link lan gaming, but I left plenty)

I know you can get $15 for AC3 at BestBuy w/GGC, but my CC let me use the AC3 as part of the 3@$20 promo.

Also, a few CCs have checkout registers in the GAME section and those CCs had smooth transactions. The other CCs that i went to had very bad reactions from Management/Employees who got pricescans for me. At some CCs, they refused, I repeat REFUSED to sell me the games, perhaps to buy for themselves, and gave me bs excuses like:

1) Not in our system so we can't sell to you
2) The prices are coming up wrong so I have to put these in the back
3) We don't have these games in stock (while holding the actual game)
4) We don't sell to dealers (while I was holding 2 games + my price printout)

So I went back to a few of them later that night, walked right up to the front registers with the same games and got the prices i deserved. At some stores i had to tell a different employee that some games were being held in the back for me and he went and brought them to me.

So, bottom line, IMHO, do not trust the employees to hand over a cheap ass deal to you when they want it for themselves.

happy new year.

Day 2 at CC:

I found this time the following games:
Guilty Gear X2- $19.99 (one of two copies left)
Frequency- $14.99
Ring of Red- $19.99, reduced to $14.99 when the deal was applied
RAD- $24.99, reduced to $19.99 when the deal was applied
.hack 1- $14.99

To those of you in the GA area, the CC on Memorial Dr has FOUR copies of Gitaroo Man right there for the taking...

I just grabbed Orta for $15 and decided to grabbed a copy of Final Fantasy X for $19 (GH) to take advantage of the buy 2, get $10 off deal.

(My original copy of FFX wouldn't load it certain places in the game.)

In all, I got Orta for $9.99 and FFX for $14.99.

Sadly, my store was out of FF Origins...but I really wanted Orta so it's all good.

Got the following games. They had a ton of others but I wasn't really interested.
Baldur's Gate DA (GCN)- $7.49
Maximo (Non-GH)- $9.99
Super Bust-A-Move (PS2)- $9.98
Big thanks for posting about this. I would've had no clue since most of the stuff isn't marked with the correct price!

hate to ask a very stupid question, but this is just to confirm, those prices are already 50% off right? As in, these are the actual prices?

This is a great deal by the way, especially the GBA Castlevanias and $15 Orta.

[quote name='CheapyD']Thanks for keeping this thread going and for keeping the list up to date.
Great job, guys![/quote]
That's exactly how it should always be. CAGs helping out other CAGs... :)

I'm not having any luck with the extra $10/$20 off when you buy more than 1 game. I even stopped by 3 different CCs this morning. Haha. I did find NHL 2003 (Xbox) for $9.98, I don't think thats posted on the list or at least I didn't see it... :oops:

Arg, I just went earlier today, went to two circuit city's. The First one only had 1 game I wanted: Golden Sun 1, it came up to 19.99, 21.39 with tax. Not a bad deal, since the game isn't too easy to find, specially brand new for that price. The 2nd CC had Breath Of Fire 2, and Lufia: Ruins Of Lore, both were marked at 29.99, but when the they were scanned at the register, they each ringed up at 14.99. Not bad at all. BoF 2 is hard to find, I can only find it at capcom.com, and for 29.99, Lufia is also selling in ebgames for 29.99. So in the end I picked up Golden Sun, Breath Of Fire 2, and Lufia: Ruins Of Lore for a total of $53.47, it would have cost over 80 at regular price, not bad. But I didn't find any castlevania games for the gba, so that kinda sucked.

[quote name='miriamleo']Do you guys just grab a whole bunch of games in CC and tell the employee there to scan every single one of them?[/quote]

Nah, I just brought the lists posted here and looked for the games that were on them. Of course, I didn't want all of the games, so I only ended up finding 3 that I really wanted, and asked them to scan those before purchasing.

just got back from my CC.

Here are the deals i found,
PS2
Super Bust a Move 9.99
Harvest Moon 9.99
Rez 25.00 (1 left) at my local CC (looked to weird for me to play)
Xbox
Soldier of Fortune 2 19.99
Jet set radio future 19.99 - not the pack
Sega Gt 2002 19.99 - not the pack
GBA
Chu-Chu Rocket 7.99

Also, most dreamcast games are no higher than 9.99

I found a few other games that aren't on the page 1 list. I went to Circuit City again today, and this is what these games are scanning at:

Quantum Redshift (Xbox) $5
Giants Citizen Kabuto (PS2) $5
Gauntlet Dark Legacy (GCN) $15
Grandia II (PS2) $15
Hitman 2 (GCN) $15
Lufia The Ruins of Lore (GBA) $15
Dragon Warrior VII (PS1) $20

You might get lucky if you ask a Circuit City employee what games are 50% off. There's a list that the cashier showed me (it's about 5 pages long), and it lists all games that are 50% off. There's no prices on the list, it just shows what games are on the 50% off sale. Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of the list. I only read through it briefly.

If anyone knows what these scan at, then please post the prices: Dragon Valor (PS1), Grandia Xtreme (PS2), Gungriffon Blaze (PS2), Ephemeral Fantasia (PS2).

I just went back to CC, and returned 4 games I had bought. When I gave the games back, I brought the ad and asked about the $20 off. He said no problem and added that $20 off to my total. (I had bought 7 games.) Amazing...

By the way, Crimson Sea was $25.

Take Care,
Matthew

Went and got two copies of Gungrave and two copies of Shinobi at CC, took them to EBGames to take advantage of the put $5 and bring 4 non-sports games to get Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles for free. $50 credit down for me. Then I asked them to put it on a card so I could use it at another EB. I haven't tried, but this might mean I can just spend it on ANYTHING there. Instant $20 spent into any $50 game. Shit, you could get a Gamecube if you pull this twice.

Edit: Also. the guy forgot to charge me the initial $5 down. He never even rang it up.

just got back from my CC.

Here are the deals i found,
PS2
Super Bust a Move 9.99
Harvest Moon 9.99
Rez 25.00 (1 left) at my local CC (looked to weird for me to play)
Xbox
Soldier of Fortune 2 19.99
Jet set radio future 19.99 - not the pack
Sega Gt 2002 19.99 - not the pack
GBA
Chu-Chu Rocket 7.99

Also, most dreamcast games are no higher than 9.99

Jet Set Radio Future is $5 at all CC's...Was that the price at the register or on the box?

that was the price at register, but then again, there have been some price differences in different CC's

bread's done
Back