Circuit City Clearance list. 5 - 10 dollar games as of June 18

Yeahman

CAGiversary!
June 18.

Since this list was bumped I changed it so that no one would think that the old prices still counted. At this point I don't know if CC has any kind of percentage clearance going.

Here then are the games that I know to be 5 - 10 as thier regular price.

GCN:

MX Superfly $10
NBA 2K3 $10
Star Wars Rogue leader $10
Street Hoops $10
Waverace Bluestorm $10
WWE Crushhour $10

XBOX:

Alter Echo $10
Batman Dark Tomorrow $10
Capcom vs SNK 2 EO $10
NBA 2K3 $10
Shenmue II $10
Triple Play 2002 $5

PS2:

Alter Echo $10
Breath of Fire:DQ $10
Corvette $10
Evergrace $10
Evolution Skateboarding $10
Haven $5
RTX Redrock $10
Shinobi $10
Silpheed
Transworld Surf $10
Wipeout Fusion $10

All the prices were accurate for me as of Sunday, 1/11/2004. Most of the good games were gone from both CC's I tried, but I still picked up about 5 games.

I was really hoping to find Shinobi, ICO and Rez though...

Spoke to the Video Game Manager yesterday. She informed me that the "sale" would be valid in their system until 2/28/04. She also told me that she had a list of the games and their discounts (wouldn't let me have, I tried) and there would be no new additions or discounts before the end of Feb.

So in short, these prices will be valid for awhile, but it won't take long for the general public to catch on.

Also, if anyone can get the master list from CC, it would be apreciated!!

I've seen the 50% off list. It's not too great as far as info. I scanned it real quick before the clerk came back (it was laying near his inventory gun). The list had titles but no prices on it what-so-ever. Most of the games I saw were already on our list here. I'm sure I read through them all and not one title jumped out at me as not being on the list. Keep in mind that this was the 50% off list, they may have other "clearance lists".

[quote name='wtyler']Outkastx thanks for the list and the hard work on this! You Rock!!![/quote]

Thanks guys, but to be honest it took all of 5 minutes with Excel :wink: .

[quote name='pimp tyranny']lucky bastard

i went to a different CC today and found a lot of Gungraves, Wipeouts, and Silpheeds and 3 Skies of Arcadia: Legends. already had SoA: L and Silpheed from the 1st CC, so i picked up Gungrave and Wipeout Fusion with FF Origins. also, there were two more FF O.[/quote]

Anyway u can pick me up a copy of Skies of Arcadia. I'll pay extra. Thanks.

Add Marvel versus Capcom 2 for XBox on that list for $19.99
It plays pretty much the same as the DC version, which is both a good and bad thing. Mainly bad with no Live play.

Yeah, all PS2 fighting games seem stuck at $20.
Here's a new addition to the list: Stretch Panic is $10. I'd also like to stipulate that the $10 Maximo doesn't have to be a non-GH: the label on the top just has to say "Maximo" rather than "Maximo Grtst Hits."
Anyway, I just visited my CC today and secured Xenosaga, which I was too cheap to buy at $20. I'd also like to suggest anybody who hasn't already visited their CC to hurry up: 2 weeks ago, I secured my copies of Shinobi and Gungrave where there were about 15 copies total of both in the bin. Today, 0 remained.

I went back to CC today to see if I could pick up some extra copies of games, for trades… THEY COMPLETELY ORGANIZED EVERYTHING. Seems like a good thing right? No! They took out every single game on the lists. My guess is that the employees realized what was going on and bought them all. The main reason I think CC was doing this sale was to clear their games, so their games section could be more organized. Today when I went back, everything was in perfect alphabetical order. Oh well, if you are going now it might be too late, and all the games might be gone.

Just went and got me Robotech(PS2) and Freaky Flyers(PS2) for $5 a piece. Then took em to Gamestop, along with a $5 gungrave and got $30 trade in credit :D

[quote name='Smoke']Just went and got me Robotech(PS2) and Freaky Flyers(PS2) for $5 a piece. Then took em to Gamestop, along with a $5 gungrave and got $30 trade in credit :D[/quote]

I wouldn't go bragging about that, Smoke. There's a lot of people here who would argue that you just took away the opportunity for another CAGer to buy and play a new, cheap game.

So those $99.99 SGT/JSRFs are really only a penny? Damn, and I thought I got a deal on it when it was $3.99 PO at Gamestop.

[quote name='E-Z-B'][quote name='Smoke']Just went and got me Robotech(PS2) and Freaky Flyers(PS2) for $5 a piece. Then took em to Gamestop, along with a $5 gungrave and got $30 trade in credit :D[/quote]

I wouldn't go bragging about that, Smoke. There's a lot of people here who would argue that you just took away the opportunity for another CAGer to buy and play a new, cheap game.[/quote]

Eh. I don't want to dreg up another debate,as there are other existing threads... but I think this falls on the white side of the grey line for me. Gamestop is a trade-in business. Circuit City is a separate retailer. If you're going to do the footwork...

I don't see why people get upset about people buying cheap games and then selling them to gamestop or another retailer like that. They only get store credit which is used to buy games for less then they'd have to pay without the trade ins, and isn't that the true calling of a true cheap ass? Awesome job SMOKE!!!

Uh, because if there's 2 copies of bloodrayne and 2 CAGs, and one decides, "LOLZ I'MA BUY tHEM AND TRADE THEM INTO GAMESTOP FOR CREDIT!!!1!" while the other person just wants one copy to play, it makes the first person come off as being kind of a total prick.

i have seen the store begin to alphabetize their games now..3 stores I went to had guys with all the games laid out, trying to get them in order..I snagged copies on bloodrayne and xenosaga..i had come close to buying these at full price! huzzah!
I couldnt believe the cashier tried making me pay more for them...
that woman tried saying there was no wy the price could be right since the tag read 29.99..
I calmly explained to her that the games must be on clearance and she should honor the register price.
She got angry and called over a manager!
Lucky for the manager and clerk, the manager dismissed her and just rang me up.
They were lucky. You never want to argue with someone who excelled in debate courses in college..

[quote name='C_A']Uh, because if there's 2 copies of bloodrayne and 2 CAGs, and one decides, "LOLZ I'MA BUY tHEM AND TRADE THEM INTO GAMESTOP FOR CREDIT!!!1!" while the other person just wants one copy to play, it makes the first person come off as being kind of a total prick.[/quote]

It's not like the games just went on sale today at CC. This deal has been going on for weeks. I think a real cheapass would have gone out to CC by now if he/she wanted a $5 game. Like all hot deals, it's gonna be first come first served. I don't see anything wrong with him buying some extra $5 games and trading them in to Gamestop or EB. He's not ripping anyone off. He's just trying to get a good deal for himself on some games he wanted at Gamestop/EB. Isn't that what this site is about anyways? Why should he pass on a good deal for himself? It seems like the people that complain about not getting in on a deal, are the ones who wait until the last minute. A good deal won't last long, that's why it's a good deal....right?

I went to CC today and it didn't work for me :cry: I was really hoping to get a few of those games at those prices to add to my collection.

For those of you who are reporting that your CC didn't have those games at clearance prices, which games did you try? And did you have an employee scan them? Just out of curiosity.

[quote name='C_A']Uh, because if there's 2 copies of bloodrayne and 2 CAGs, and one decides, "LOLZ I'MA BUY tHEM AND TRADE THEM INTO GAMESTOP FOR CREDIT!!!1!" while the other person just wants one copy to play, it makes the first person come off as being kind of a total prick.[/quote]

Unless the 2 cag's are there at the same time one says that to the other, I see no problem with buying as many copies as you want. Chances are another CAGer won't buy, mostly some asshat from fatwallet who wants to sell them on ebay. SO be a cheapass however u want I say.

I'm curious too. I just got back from my CC with ICO (PS2) and Resident Evil (GCN) for $25 total. I'm headed back tomorrow to get Wipeout Fusion, XenoSaga and Maximo. Everything is still on sale even though the prices are marked really high.

I got Gungrave for $5 yesterday and the giant sticker read $49.99 on the front. The cashier was stunned but didn't really care...

if you saw how many copies of Robotech and Freaky Flyers they had, you would of done the same thing. The only reason I did it was because they had at least 20 copies of each.

[quote name='DriftChamp'][quote name='C_A']Uh, because if there's 2 copies of bloodrayne and 2 CAGs, and one decides, "LOLZ I'MA BUY tHEM AND TRADE THEM INTO GAMESTOP FOR CREDIT!!!1!" while the other person just wants one copy to play, it makes the first person come off as being kind of a total prick.[/quote]

It's not like the games just went on sale today at CC. This deal has been going on for weeks. I think a real cheapass would have gone out to CC by now if he/she wanted a $5 game. Like all hot deals, it's gonna be first come first served. I don't see anything wrong with him buying some extra $5 games and trading them in to Gamestop or EB. He's not ripping anyone off. He's just trying to get a good deal for himself on some games he wanted at Gamestop/EB. Isn't that what this site is about anyways? Why should he pass on a good deal for himself? It seems like the people that complain about not getting in on a deal, are the ones who wait until the last minute. A good deal won't last long, that's why it's a good deal....right?[/quote]

We shouldn't be getting into this since it's not related to the topic, but remember: there's always new CAGers joining this website everyday, so try to give everyone a chance. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but try to share the cheapness a little. And I'll leave it at that.

Enough already. If you find it and buy it, more power to you.

More importantly, what games have all of you been price-checking that are now ringing up as more expensive than the price on the list?

I went to CC today and picked up Xenosaga and Robotech and both were at the cheapass prices. The sale is definitely still going!! Also, if anyone can find a Skies of Arcadia I will PayPal or trade for your trouble!!

I went back to CC today (hadn't been there for 7 days) and checked out all the GC and GBA games. There wasn't one new game from the last time I checked with them, atleast none of the games on this list that I've been looking for (around 8 or 9 games). I was a little disappointed.

I took Wipeout Fusion, Freaky Flyers, and BloodRayne up to an employee in the music department to scan the games. Ah, the look on his face for each game was priceless.

For those interested in Freaky Flyers, it seems to be a pretty basic (and awfully slow) racing game, but it's not too bad. Heck, for $5, what is? (I can't really answer that myself...I bought Pen Pen Tri-Icelon for that and got my money back the next day).

I'll probably go back for BloodRayne...hopefully no scalpers have snatched all the copies up... #-o

I fully endorse this quote.

Was at the Circuit City on Cobb Pkwy in Atlanta (Smyrna) a little bit ago and picked up a few games:

JSRF - $5
Sega GT 2002 - $10
Unreal Championship - $10
Quantum Redshift - $10

I believe there are more JSRF and Quantum available, not sure about the other two.

Timesplitters 2 and Matt Hoffman 2 rang up for $20.

I went to the circuit city in federal way, wa. I picked up matt hoffman for $5 and red faction 2 for $7.50. I orginally was only going to get matt hoffman but I said aw what the hell its only $7.50 and decided to pick up the other as well. The guy was surprised at the price they rang up at. He thought it was an error. So he took it back to the videogame section and they confirmed it was the right price.

I've been lurking here for quite some time, but I figure I should share the wealth of info...

all Dreamcast games - $4.99
Rayman 3 (GBA) - $4.99
Konami Krazy Racers (GBA) - $9.99 (some would say it's better than Mario Kart: Super Circuit)
Pinball of the Dead (GBA) - $12.49
House of the Dead III (XB) - $24.99
Toe Jam & Earl (XB) - $24.99

I haven't done an update in a couple of days since there hasn't been any new deals found.

I will now though since Outkastx took the time to organize the list. I 'd been meaning to and hadn't done it. I'll use the alphabetical one and shock face the five dollar ones. I'll give you credit of course.

Also thanks to UPdownLoAD for the date. Sounds like they are basically waiting until the price adjustment window is up for those who bought hwen it started. Maybe then they will go down cheaper on what's left.

That doesn't mean though that games like Waverace, Wild Arms 3, and Rogue Leader that were cheap before the 50% won't be added to it like others were last week.

Hang on to your receipts and keep an eye out.

[quote name='dlk9s'] Timesplitters 2 and Matt Hoffman 2 rang up for $20.[/quote]

I think the copies that are marked $19.99 "Value Game" are not ringing up as $4.98. The copies that have the original $49.99 price tag on them are ringing up at $4.98. The XBOX UPC for Mat Hoff that is ringing up clearance is 0047875802513. The XBOX UPC for Timesplitters 2 is 0788687200097. Also, the $49.99 sticker may be covered up with cheaper prices but should ring up at $4.98. Bottom Line, if is says "Value Game" = $20.

Just came back from a local CC and the games listed on outkastx's list were half off, but the selections were pretty weak at the CC where I went. Tried to find timesplitters 2 for XBOX but were all gone. There were like 20 of them last week. There are about five copies of Fatal Frame for the XBOX for $25 though.

I've managed to get a hold of a lot of goodies BOF DQ, Bloodrayne, Hunter, Summoner, but I can't find a copy of Gitaroo Man. If anyone can find one I'll paypal you or trade with you...

Please help!

Its defintely real guys. Shortly after my last post in this thread I took my brother to work but not before going back to recent place of work- Circuit City. Ive been playing my games since then. I snagged both freaky Flyers and Red Faction 2! Both for just 12.50 plus tax!!!

My initial impressions:

Freaky Flyers is good but ultimately does nothing that hasnt been seen before. I would have felt good about paying 25-30 for this one but getting it for 5 bucks is SWEET. If you still whip out Mario Kart 64 every now and then to have fun with it then your defintly going to enjoy this game as the gameplay is fundamentally the same despite the difference of one being a flying game and the other being a kart game. If you cant enjoy Mario kario 64 anymore and the reason isn't becuase of the graphics then its a toss up. However for the price of a rental you can buy the game and EB gives about 5-6 bucks for it on trade in so you cant really get burnt too bad if you dont happen to like it.

It grew on me really quick. The first play through was moderately fun but short lived as I wanted to play RF2. The second time around was fun but the game asks for you to do alot more to stay competitive on the track really quick so being a newbie it was confusing trying to figure out how to keep up at first. This last time I played the experience was a whole better as I understood how to properly use the enviroments, short cuts, items and speed hoops often and the experience is alot better once you grasp its few nuances. It doesn't feel like a great game, it just feels like an old friend (Mario kart 64) in a new suit. That suits me just fine (pardon my pun) and the wacky charcters are some of the best ever IMO. Microsoft needs to poach whoever dreamed up these charcters and whoever drew them. The woman with the two polar opposite identies is hilarious.

All I can do is thank Midway for making solid game with a strong sense of good humor that failed to innovate- there are some gimmics and little things that are new but fail to be anything more than minor improvements (like the mini games). That ,along with Midway's bad reputation, must have killed it in the mags IMO. Now i get to enjoy the game for alot less than if they hadn't been so picky about bringing soemthing new to the table (which is important but not the end all be all that tis made out to be). I agree with some mags score of FF as a 7ish game than I do some mags opinion that tis more of a 6 or 5 level game.

RF2 is a above average shooter that I have played in the past. It can easily be summed up as this- a solid FPS with limited use of geomod technology. Expect your generic futuristic doomsday style theme, all the FPS hallmarks done right and a limited amount of geomod tech and you have RF2- no more, no less. It was defintely over hyped as its nowhere near a Halo-killer but its a solid game that is well worth the 35 dollar price tag Ive seen seen everywhere else. however I have heard that its a short game so Im trying to not plow through it and stick with Freaky Flyers at the moment.

I did agree Konami Krazy Racers (GBA) is the BEST Racing game i ever Played (9 out of 10). I think is pretty funs to played & is really Hard to BEAT the "S test drive" the 2:20 Track & Backward Track

This game getting VERY RARE NOW pickup while you can :)

That update took longer than expected. Nothing major but a lot of games added.

Alright here it goes. I live in the DFW area and there are several stores here. I hit some yesterday, and all together I've found several games people have been looking for. I have not bought any extras, and I can't guarantee they will still be there when I go back. Also some are a bit of a drive so I don't when I will get a chance to go back.

I have seen:

Shinobi - 2 copies (Marked $49.99 :twisted: )
Rez - 3 or 4
Zone of the Enders 2 - Every store has had copies.
Breath of Fire V - 4 maybe
Gitaroo - Man - 2 copies

That's all I can think of. Plese don't PM me. Post in this thread. I am looking for the First Zone of the Enders or Mister Mosquito.

To be honest I've gotten burned in the past and I'm a stickler on trading stuff, but we'll see. Paypal might work to.

I'm not going to read through all 700 posts, especially since some requests may have been filled, so I'll keep an eye on the rest of this thread.

Keep the deals coming, and keep posting on what you've found. We don't want this off topic :wink:

bread's done
Back