Circuit City Clearance list. 5 - 10 dollar games as of June 18

Yeahman

CAGiversary!
June 18.

Since this list was bumped I changed it so that no one would think that the old prices still counted. At this point I don't know if CC has any kind of percentage clearance going.

Here then are the games that I know to be 5 - 10 as thier regular price.

GCN:

MX Superfly $10
NBA 2K3 $10
Star Wars Rogue leader $10
Street Hoops $10
Waverace Bluestorm $10
WWE Crushhour $10

XBOX:

Alter Echo $10
Batman Dark Tomorrow $10
Capcom vs SNK 2 EO $10
NBA 2K3 $10
Shenmue II $10
Triple Play 2002 $5

PS2:

Alter Echo $10
Breath of Fire:DQ $10
Corvette $10
Evergrace $10
Evolution Skateboarding $10
Haven $5
RTX Redrock $10
Shinobi $10
Silpheed
Transworld Surf $10
Wipeout Fusion $10

This just sucks, why can't we all just keep a good thing between friends :(
someone always has to get a big mouth and tell the whole world.........

yeah, as much as I like to share with fellow Cheap Asses and welcome Newbies (like myself, heh), it would be best for all of us to keep it within the site.

I went to my CC last night and everything that I hadn't grabbed was pretty much gone (the real good deals). There is still alot of stuff that I don't really want, but might get if it's super cheap.

I did find some stuff that wasn't on the list... all I have to say is if it's old have it pricechecked, I got 3 GBA and 1 GBC game last night for $35 when it would have cost me $130 used on Ebay. So take your time and get a price check or two.

I think I'm driving the 40 minutes to the next closest CC this afternoon, one last time before (hopefully) everything is gone. I hit it on Wednesday last week, but so many more deals have hit since then.

I have spent so much money....

YAH! I got Breath of Fire for PS2 for 4.98, it was marked 49.99 still and the guy working was laughing when I came up with two of them and Harvest moon for PS2 and walked out with all three for 20 bucks. I plan on going back soon.

got wipeout fusion, Breath of Fire V, Zone of Enders 2, and ICO. total of $36. and i notice they put new price stickers on the clearance games. is ape escape 2 on the half off list? it had a new sticker with 19.99 on it.
they still had a couple of ICOs left. great game

[quote name='Pinnacle']anyone know how much Phantom Crash for Xbox costs?[/quote]

Havent seen it at CC, but you can get one from ebay for under $15 (last time i checked). Pretty cool game, worth that price too.

Has anyone tried pricing the PS2 boxing game "Black & Bruised" yet? I tried to get a feller to price it for me, but he gave the usual "The price is stated on the tag" spiel. Thanks for your help! :D

ok, Defender at my store rang up as 6.97. First time a price has been different than listed here. Anyways...

Stitch: Experiment 626 - 14.99
Alter Echo - 9.99
Frequency - 23.99 (odd price)

That is what I had scanned today, only bought Defender though, the people at my Circuit City are starting to remember me....odd.

[quote name='Zincdust']I tried to get a feller to price it for me, but he gave the usual "The price is stated on the tag" spiel. Thanks for your help! :D[/quote]

If they do that, just go to the register. They can never refuse a price check since they don't know if you're going to actually buy the product or not (and neither do you - that's why you want it price checked!).

I would like to say that "The Sims:Double Deluxe" is back on Circut Citys site. I just ordered it. On the main page is says sold out. And it is still $19.99.

SHIT! Word is getting out even more than before. Someone stole the info from FatWallet (who stole it from us!) and posted it on SlickDeals.net...

Damnit...

[quote name='Akkis99']I can not believe people would go behind CAGers and post this info somewhere else. Why would they do that?[/quote]

Ego

yea, i just noticed it was posted on slickdeals.net too. I'm glad I got the news in advance from CAG or else my CC would be wiped out. At least I had the chance to get first dibs

Weirdest thing is I am already starting to miss what little I did know of this site. I havent been here this long but its going to get more popular and the deals are going to go like mad. as other sites watch us etc.

ANYWAY my CC UPPED ALL PRICES.!!!!

No joke I went today to get 4 games to preorder NFL street and walked to the register (with the same games I had bought 2 weeks ago at $4.98 each at this same store) and they all rang up for 7.99 9.99 15.99 etc.

Every last one of them. The cashier called the manager and he stood there while I was ringing out and the one game that rang up at $4.98 he grabbed and walked to the back room. I am assuming to change the price to a higher one!?!

She said some guy had been in the store the day before with a printout from the interent and bought tons of games and so somehow she said they had to call coporate to get the prices changed.

So anybody want to confirm that Shinobi and Gungriffon, Wipeout Starwars Clone Wars(gc) are in the 8-15 range at their CC?

If it is a local store only, then I can still make a 30 minute drive and get the games at another CC before they are gone..... but I dont dare call the workers and have them do a price check if they are going to react the same way and raise their prices......

I know that the CC near me had a ton of Havens for $4.98. Last week they had an old $49.99 tag on them with $14.99 little tag over that. Yesterday they all had new $14.99 tags on them. I didn't price check them, but it seems odd that they would re tag them all if they didn't adjust the price on them. That CCs game department is pretty clean now, all in alphabetical order and virtually no older games.

to anyone in the area, the Circuit City in San Rafael, California is basically picked dry. nothing really left but shitty games.

the one in Santa Rosa, California still seems to have some stuff.

[quote name='Snake2715']
ANYWAY my CC UPPED ALL PRICES.!!!!

No joke I went today to get 4 games to preorder NFL street and walked to the register (with the same games I had bought 2 weeks ago at $4.98 each at this same store) and they all rang up for 7.99 9.99 15.99 etc.

Every last one of them. The cashier called the manager and he stood there while I was ringing out and the one game that rang up at $4.98 he grabbed and walked to the back room. I am assuming to change the price to a higher one!?![/quote]

I went by the local store today for the same reason (NFLStreet trade) and noticed someone had priced 1 row in the dump bin to lower prices. I picked up 3 that were marked $4.98 and 4 others that were $4.98 supposedly by the list. All of them rang up at either $6.96, or $7.96. The employee in video games said he had just marked the row last night before he went home so they scanned that way yesterday. He took me to the front counter and she rang them up at the $4.98 marked price, the only one that rang up cheap was Haven ($4.96).

Have all the CC's raised the prices on some of the games? I don't have proof that they have or have not although reports are trickling in that it may be possible. I had some suspicions when I noticed that Batman Sin Tzu for PS2 was raised to $13.99 on their website (it was $9.99 last week). I'll go and check a couple tonight or tomorrow and post back here. If anyone else who has tried to purchase things on the list today (1/13) or thereafter and has noticed price changes, please post here and share with us.

** Having it posted on slickdeals, fatwallet, et al may have been the beginning of the end of this deal. CC could probably put up with a handful of people buying the $4.99 games but they probably noticed a lot more people clamoring for the games after the deal got around and may have taken necessary steps (ie: raised prices). It's all about supply and demand.

what i want: Mr Mosquito

what i have to trade:
shinobi (PS2)
robotech (PS2)
red faction 2 (GCN)
star wars starfighter (PS2)
VF 4 (GH, PS2)
freekstyle (GCN)
freaky flyers (PS2)
MH pro BMX 2 (PS2)
wipeout fusion (PS2)
gungrave (PS2)
maximo (PS2)

please for the love of god, someone trade with me!!! ok, maybe that was a bit dramatic.... anyway, if anyone wants to trade me for one of those games, please PM me!!
thanks

I can confirm that the deal is coming to an end. I was at Circuit City last night and picked up several games from $4.99-$9.99. Went back to the same Circuit City today and everything was ringing up more expensive. Here's some of the games that I just tried:

GCN:
Resident Evil 2 - $23.99
Resident Evil 3 - $23.99
Spyro: Enter The Dragonfly - $15.99

GBC:
Zelda: Oracle Of Ages - $15.99
Pinball Of The Dead - $19.96

PS2:
Hunter The Reckoning: Wayward - $13.99
Giants - $7.99
Breath Of Fire: Dragon Quarter - $6.97
Zone Of Enders 2 - $10.47
Deus Ex - $15.99
Armored Core 3 - $15.99

Xbox:
Kelly Slater Pro Surfer - $15.99
Gauntlet Dark Legacy - $29.99
Red Faction 2 - $10.47
Crazy Taxi 3 - $15.99

Some things still rung up at the old sale prices:
Sega GT/JSRF Combo - $0.01
Brute Force Presell Package - $0.01
All PS2 Jampacks 2002 and older - $0.01
Tiger Woods 2003 Xbox - $9.96

Looks like the great deals are over and now we are just stuck with pretty good deals. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. All the hard work compiling the list seems to be useless now. The only games that still seem accurate from the ones I tested are the games that were on the original clearance list from a couple of weeks ago.

does anuone konw if resident evil code veronica x was droppped in price ever for the gamecube? or just the ps2? ive gone to 3 ccs which all had these games but they rang up at regular price 39.99.

and a quick question for those who have played the game...is timesplitters 2 any good? i bought the game but only because of the price 10 bucks.

thnx in advance

:shock: ALERT :shock:

The Greenville, S.C. store has also RAISED PRICES!!

I went by today and priced three items.

Aggresive Inline (XBOX) - Marked $14.99 rang up $21.00!!

Bloodrayne (PS2) - $6.97

Giants (PS2) - $7.99

It looks like the gig is up, people.

It was great while it lasted, though, and I've gotten everything I really wanted (except for Mr. Mosquito). I just feel bad for those who came on the deal late and will have to pay the higher prices.

Until the next great deal.... CAG FOREVER!!! :D

[quote name='undyingforce5']and a quick question for those who have played the game...is timesplitters 2 any good? i bought the game but only because of the price 10 bucks.

thnx in advance[/quote]

Timesplitters 2 is well worth 10 dollars, especially in multiplayer. It got good reviews pretty much everywhere as well.

Tried the Sandy Springs, GA store today - still can't find Timesplitters 2 (XBOX) for $10 - it rang up for $15.99, and that was the non-value priced version.

Freaky Fliers (XBOX) was $7, not $5
Murakamo (XBOX) was $5
Matt Hoffman 2 (PS2) was $5

I saw some others on the list in the value bin but didn't even bother to try them because I could see they had put a new barcode over the original, and after reading here that the value games weren't working, I passed.

There were still several Quantum Redshifts (XBOX) there and I saw someone put JSRF (XBOX) back on the shelf...interesting thing: it was labeled at $4.96.

I really want to find the JSRF/Sega GT combo for a penny.

Its going to be tough beating this deal for deal of the year. It was unbelievable while it lasted. Thanks to everyone who provided to the list. Its been a blast. Too bad I couldn't pickup Defender for $4.98. :cry:

-Morpheus

Yea guys, chances are if the prices changed at one circuit city they all did. All the circuit citys use a DPS system to update prices and all that fun stuff. I work at the Circuit City in Brick, NJ. It sucks because we don't really get a list of all the price drops, we just find out by luck, unless there is a price update list that i don't know about....i'll see what i can find out

I just thought of something funny. Imagine this:

Top Ten Selling Games for the Month of January:

1: Haven (PS2)
2: GunGriffon Blaze (PS2)
3: Freaky Flyers (PS2, XBOX)
4: Jampack Winter 2002 (PS2)
5: Jampack Winter 2001 (PS2)
6: JSRF/Sega GT (XBOX)
7: Brute Force Preorder Pack (XBOX)
8: Shinobi (PS2)
9: Mat Hoffman 2 (PS2, XBOX)
10: Couchside Assistance Kit (GC)

I had to shove Gamecube in there somewhere. :p

-Morpheus

Wow. Ok so its not my store only. I really wish it was for everyones elses sake though.

Yeah so on Friday I saw that it had posted somewhere? Fatwallet maybe. after work I went to CC and sure enough some guy snagged all of the jampacks for .01 and a ton of other games. like four employees where watching all these games ring up. Just as I walked up and could hear their conversation the clerk said "wow thats a lot of games for $18.xx"

I though crap either another CAg or that Fatwallet post is already working....

Then today I read that it was posted everywhere else and now its all over. ... Tsk tsk tsk.

[quote name='Morpheus']
6: JSRF/Sega GT (XBOX)

-Morpheus[/quote]

lol they're not supposed to be sellin that!....although i did buy one even though i don't have an XBOX, cost me a whole friggin penny too, geez 8)

Damn damn damn. I put off going last night because I knew I was going today...missed out on 4 more that I wanted that my other two CCs didn't have. And to make it even worse they are not stocked again with all of the games they were out of Sunday afternoon (most of the $5 and $10 games).

It is funny though...all of the other sites are posting this deal and now the prices have gone back up.

Why would they raise the prices? If this was a clearance, doesn't clearance mean 'we want to get rid of this stuff?' I agree that once a deal gets FW'ed, its pretty much F'ed, but this doesn't make much sense from a CC standpoint. If they were willing to price them at 4.98 or 10.00 or whatever, now that they're selling, they are raising the prices again? Especially when the only people who were buying them either knew from the listings people have posted, or people who pick the game up off the shelf, willing to pay 39.99, then get pleasantly surprised at the register?

Wow, talk about getting in under the wire!

I found out about this deal (on CAG) on Saturday night, I got to the Eatontown, NJ CC on Monday night and cleaned house and now, on Tuesday, the deal has been totally shut down, or so it seems. Most of the time it seems like I just missed out on great Cheap Ass opportunities, it's good to know that I actually got in just as the walls of this fantastically cheap mansion were crumbling before us. Oh well, it was cool while it lasted, which for me, was only a couple days.

I am glad I made my purchases over the past few weeks. I grabbed just about every game worth getting and have more games now than I could possibly play. Many were ones I really wanted to get acquainted with like

Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance for the Xbox - I tried the PS2 but I want to se if the graphics are better on the XBOX

Xenosaga - looks good, heard it was hard though

Bloodrayne - for 5.000 I had to get it.

Rez /Gitaroo Man - 2 classics that will go up in value as years go on

Red Faction II XBOX - loved the original and completed it. Now I will give this one a go..

Phantasy Star Collection - for the classic gamer in you.

and many many more.

thanks to all you CAGERS for posting up the deals.

Aaargh, I missed it by an evening. :?

Some games are still pretty cheap, $7 is only a little more than $5. But some games on the main list of this thread are only 1/2 off their sticker price, not $10 or $15. Oh well, I snooze I lose.

For the record if anyone's still keeping track: This morning I bought (all for PS2) Bloodrayne $7, Freaky Fliers $7, Dues Ex $16 (it was the last copy and I really wanted it). Harvest Moon rang up at full price and I think Hunter scanned 1/2 of list price.

If you're going to CC in Santa Barbara, CA don't expect anything from the list but Freaky Fliers, Maximo, and Ico. The PS2 section is picked clean of clearance games.

I was just at the CC in Yonkers Cross County Mall And these are some of the prices I checked...

Pikmen (GC) 19.99
Zone of the Enders (GBA) 26.99 (was marked 28.99)
Eclub DJ (PS2) 9.99 (regular price)
Music Maker (PS2) 9.99 (regular price)
Spy Hunter (PS2) 19.99
Wild Arms 3(PS2) 39.99
Bloody Roar 3(PS2) 19.99
Driven (PS2) 19.99

I think its safe to say these are all the regular prices again. :?

I feel as if a close friend of mine just died :cry:

I'm really gonna miss this deal, I ended up going to a different CC everyday, probably totalled 20 games from this deal alone!

Well, I was looking forward to going back Friday when I got paid and picking some some GBA games, but I guess thats off. I REALLY wanted to pick up the two Castlevanias for $15 each........................

Some higher-up must've bitched at whoever made the price changes in the system after he got wind of it =P

Ronin4223, maybe you can still try KBtoys for the 2 Castlevanias. I got Castlevania: HOD for $9.99 there. I also know that Castlevania: COTM was $9.99. Its better than nothing.

-Morpheus

i must say thanks to all who contributed to this thread. ib ought five games for a grand total of 70 bucks...thats 14 dollars per game. :!: :!:

bread's done
Back