Circuit City Clearance list. 5 - 10 dollar games as of June 18

Yeahman

CAGiversary!
June 18.

Since this list was bumped I changed it so that no one would think that the old prices still counted. At this point I don't know if CC has any kind of percentage clearance going.

Here then are the games that I know to be 5 - 10 as thier regular price.

GCN:

MX Superfly $10
NBA 2K3 $10
Star Wars Rogue leader $10
Street Hoops $10
Waverace Bluestorm $10
WWE Crushhour $10

XBOX:

Alter Echo $10
Batman Dark Tomorrow $10
Capcom vs SNK 2 EO $10
NBA 2K3 $10
Shenmue II $10
Triple Play 2002 $5

PS2:

Alter Echo $10
Breath of Fire:DQ $10
Corvette $10
Evergrace $10
Evolution Skateboarding $10
Haven $5
RTX Redrock $10
Shinobi $10
Silpheed
Transworld Surf $10
Wipeout Fusion $10

[quote name='JediSB'][quote name='DestinyHero']:evil: :x Why would you ever post this crap in the FatWallet forums? That's just asking for double suicide. Double because you kill the deal for everyone and then you kill your reputation because now everyone is upset.

FW kills all deals. There are so many people that just visit the forums it's not even funny. Next time don't do that. [/quote]

The problem now is that some FW regulars have most likely joined the CAG boards and are watching the CAG site regularly, which means that any deal posted here that's worthwhile will now most likely show up on FW.[/quote]I did register from the FW post, but I'm not dumb enough to post it there. Look at the Target Raincheck thread there.. insane.

My CC jacked all the $5 games up to $6.97.

Grabbed Wipeout Fusion, Bloodrayne, Freaky Flyers (PS2) and Freaky Flyers (XBox). Took to a used game store w/o opening them and got $35 of credit there, so I made $15, which paid for extra copies of Wipeout Fusion and Freaky Flyers. Cha-Ching!

CAG is the only deal site I've seen dedicated to gaming. So why betray CAG to FW and SD thanks assholes.

BTW

(ps2)Robotech $6.97
(ps2)BOF $6.97
(ps2)Whipeout fusion $6.97

[quote name='bradr'][quote name='Snake2715']

She said some guy had been in the store the day before with a printout from the interent and bought tons of games and so somehow she said they had to call coporate to get the prices changed.

....[/quote]

Hey Snake,

I was wondering if you could tell me what state you're in? I'm just curious where (I think) the beginning of the end of the deal started? I figured once the manager called corporate that was when they raised all the prices. :cry:[/quote]

I am located near Lansing Michigan. Again I am not certain that this is the case but that is what she said and the manager was acting suspicious. Brownie points for him I guess.

Anyway thats alright I am running out of money and I was just going back to get NFL Street

Thanks to everyone who posted this list and kept it updated. Great stuff.

I'm new to this whole finding good deals online thing, so bear with me if I'm out of line, but I'm already getting turned off on the whole idea just because of peoples attitudes.

Everyone seems to be so upset that this deal was posted elsewhere. Isn't that sort of a form of elitism or greed. You only seem to want to keep the deals for your special group. Also, if one of you found a deal somewhere else, and then posted it here, I doubt these same people would be upset. Seems a little like a one way street to me.

Anyway, thanks for bringing this deal to my attention. It was fun while it lasted, but let's stop blaming people for it coming to an end.

It's not elitism.

It's not just any forum.

It's FatWallet.

Go to Fatwallet.com and go to the forums and just look at how many posts are made in response to hot deals and how many views it has gotten.

Things get posted there and the deals are dead within a day, if not a few hours.

It's disgusting really, especially considering this site was the only one dedicated solely to video gamers.

You damn right we wanna keep this kinda deal at CAG. Fat Wallet is full of ebaying whores who have no appreciation for the value of these games. Everyone here are gamers and it felt like Christmas all over again. Besides, I dont mind sharing the knowledge, but FW will kill all deals. Dont you find it odd we enjoyed this deal for WEEKS but in a manner of days of this info hitting FW it gets killed? Ive heard of sales ending but come on, on a Monday night? It's obvious it was influenced by greedy buying of all the available stock. Thanks to everyone though that made this deal so special, I had a blast!

Many thanks to those who got this thing rolling at the beginning, 21 games in 3 days for less than $150 is a hell of a deal. :D

[quote name='azuravian']I'm new to this whole finding good deals online thing, so bear with me if I'm out of line, but I'm already getting turned off on the whole idea just because of peoples attitudes.

Everyone seems to be so upset that this deal was posted elsewhere. Isn't that sort of a form of elitism or greed. You only seem to want to keep the deals for your special group. Also, if one of you found a deal somewhere else, and then posted it here, I doubt these same people would be upset. Seems a little like a one way street to me.

Anyway, thanks for bringing this deal to my attention. It was fun while it lasted, but let's stop blaming people for it coming to an end.[/quote]

Well, when they DON'T EVEN CREDIT THE SOURCE OF INFORMATION!! :x

[quote name='JediSB'][quote name='burgundy']I posted the list at TNL[/quote]

What's TNL?[/quote]

TNL is a Gaming website with reviews and forums. Mainly for people like myself that spend too much time gaming or have a gaming obsession. A lot of great topics on anything from obscure games to imports to gaming history on any console you can think of and there are lots of opinions about experiences with any game. they had a discount thread and thats what Burgundy was talking about. it's one of the very few gaming forums I visit on a daily basis (after GameGo passed).

The link is www.the-nextlevel.com (mods please feel free to delete the link if you feel inappropriate)

I don't know which is worse, that he stole it from CAg or that he now mentions cag in the thread

"Here is a list I snagged from Cheapassgamer.com:"

That's means a lot of fatwallet people will be checking out this site now...oh well.

[quote name='outkastx']Burgandy, don't worry about it. TNL members would buy 1 or 2 games at most (to play, not resell) and have a smaller or similar user base than on here. Most of the complaints are aimed at those who posted on larger, more generic deal sites.

BTW, thanks for hooking me up with a cheapass Saturn VOOT controller and DC Ikaruga last summer![/quote]

Thanks for taking them off my hands.

[quote name='JediSB']What's TNL?[/quote]

the-nextlevel.com. Gaming site and forums.

I do not want to sound harsh about this, but it keeps coming up...

We were ALL new to this site once, and as people discover it, some will stay and some will leave. Those who stay and contribute will be a benefit to ALL of us. BigBangBoom (sp?) himself is relatively new, and has been a bigger asset that 98% of the other folks who contribute nothing to this site. How many deals have you found and shared with CAG?

Increased traffic means more money for CheapyD to keep the site going, which makes it more worth his time to put forth the monumental effort of managing it.

If u don't want to share, then go make your own site, complete with deals swiped from CAG.

Talking about the manager acting suspicious, I've a funny CC story. I bought a couple of games there, including the $.01 JetSet/GT combo. The cashier looked at the price and went to the manager. He had to sell it to me so I paid and walked off. I went back to the games to see if there were any titles I missed and the manager had gone out on the floor and pulled every single copy of ... Tetris World/Clone Wars combo (which were ringing up at $99). He had about 20 of them (a huge stack because of the plastic cases CC puts them in). I assume he didn't want anyone else getting the $.01 deal but he pulled the wrong game! The couple of JetSet/GTs were still there (I went back a few days later and they were gone, I don't know if he pulled it or someone else bought them). I just thought it was funny (suspicious managers).

I applaud everyone for this thread. It was great, and I hope we were all able to get in on some deals. I'm sure another great one is right around the corner! Thanks guys! =D>

The prices may not be as cheap as they were but $7 is still a pretty good deal.

I went to one today and they had four 2002 Jampacks. I'd seen them before but didn't need them, but today I wanted the cases.

The cashier was looking at them funny as he rang them up like, why is he buying four of these?. When they came up one cent. His head nearly swiveled off and he gave me a hilarious look.

Four 2002 Jampacks sticker price: $20

Four 2002 Jampacks actual price: $0.04

The look on the cashiers face: Priceless.

Does anyone have the link to the fatwallet posting?

I'm not trying to complain or start anything. I was just scanning through the first page of the fatwallet forum about this deal (linked in the message above) and I just thought it was "funny" that on the first page alone a couple of the members of FW had left the list of cheap games AT CC! Whose hands do you think those lists ended up in? My guess is the managers', who then probably tried to raise the prices in the system or called corporate to inquire. :roll:

Somebody has a major ego problem.

Whoever posted it on Fatwallet is the same person who posted it on slickdeals.net.

What is the benefit in posting this all over creation?

The thread author even comments that Circuit City raised prices because "looks like this deal got popular".

Thanks for weakening the deal. What a moron.

The person who did the posts between the other sites has to be a lil nerd dude that has no friends and wanted to make some by posting whats rightfully ours i say we tar and feather the lil dude who did this lol...but thats just me...

clock tower 3 - 15.99 :(

not as good as 9.99, what i get for waiting....
The cashier was telling me some other guy was going around checking games (Lynchburg, VA btw) and told me most were half off. I then asked if he had a list or if he knew which ones? He then looked at me coldly and said "No..." ugh so now ill go back friday with more money and try some more games

There needs to be a sticky:

Do not print up lists so big that it's obvious to employees that you have a list.

Do not buy up so much product that you look like a dealer.

That is all.

Twice in the last 2 trips to CC people saw me flipping through all the games and thought I worked there. How odd. It's like nobody looks behind the game that is front.

Twice in the last 2 trips to CC people saw me flipping through all the games and thought I worked there. How odd. It's like nobody looks behind the game that is front.

That's how I found a copy of Guilty Gear X2 behing a bunch of Great Escapes ^_^

CLOCK Tower 3 (PS2) $13.48 at Target

I remember I flip every videogame RACKS to find the titles is CHEAP. I think is pretty funs if you not in the HURRY :)

MGS2 Substance (Xbox) is $14.99 ($5 less than PS2's now-mediocre MGS2 GH regular)...I don't know if you guys know that. It doesn't even show up at the website but MGS2 ps2 greatest hits does....strange! If it's already been posted, then nevermind. I'm just new here and I didn't feel like checking all 44 pages of post. However, if it's higher somewhere else, don't hate me for it. I can only say that about the Circuit City's around where I live. Of course, if you know someone who might want a copy of MGS2 Sub or you want one yourself, even if it's higher or something, you can always tell them to price check with Circuit City in Roseville, Minnesota.

If you guys are right about the Resident Evil GC $10, then I'm picking up RE and MGS2sub this weekend!

when did u get that great? after the price changes?

I got it before price changes, $21.25 to be exact. Last week, I checked my local Circuit City(Wichita, Ks) and there was a boatload of games left. There was like 2 copies of Rez, Frequency, Shinobi, and others that I can't think of right now. I got a copy of Shinobi and Guilty Gear X2. I don't know if the local CC has anything left, I'm going to go check tomorrow. Hopefully prices don't change too dramatically on me. >_

[quote name='bradr']I'm not trying to complain or start anything. I was just scanning through the first page of the fatwallet forum about this deal (linked in the message above) and I just thought it was "funny" that on the first page alone a couple of the members of FW had left the list of cheap games AT CC! Whose hands do you think those lists ended up in? My guess is the managers', who then probably tried to raise the prices in the system or called corporate to inquire. :roll:[/quote]

I printed the list and took it with me, but I didn't show anyone.

Also, when I took all the cheap games from CC that were $9.99 and under, there weren't many, one employee started scanning every game in the rack they had of the cheap games, but I took all the cheap ones. :D

[quote name='Yeahman']There needs to be a sticky:

Do not print up lists so big that it's obvious to employees that you have a list.

Do not buy up so much product that you look like a dealer.

That is all.[/quote]

Word.

[quote name='pfunkpearl']Twice in the last 2 trips to CC people saw me flipping through all the games and thought I worked there. How odd. It's like nobody looks behind the game that is front.[/quote]

I do that all the time at CC. I always find some hard to find games sometimes. I went to 3 CC stores and none had guilty gear x2. That and Capcom vs SNK for Xbox are the only games I cound get. :cry: I saw tons of guilty gear x2 a few months back when it was still at $40.

I do that all the time at CC. I always find some hard to find games sometimes. I went to 3 CC stores and none had guilty gear x2. That and Capcom vs SNK for Xbox are the only games I cound get. I saw tons of guilty gear x2 a few months back when it was still at $40

I saw GGx2 today at the CC in Everett WA. they had 2 copies, and I would have bought it, if I hadnt already used the 20% off coupon off a used copy at Gamestop. ( 21 something after shipping)

I picked up ZOE 2 today at the same location and with tax the total was $11.33

[quote name='pfunkpearl']Twice in the last 2 trips to CC people saw me flipping through all the games and thought I worked there. How odd. It's like nobody looks behind the game that is front.[/quote]

They are probably one of the worst organized stores for games. They just can't seem to deal with the huge volume of titles.

One of the stores in Richmond NEVER has the anything in the sale bin, while another is always packed.

Always, ALWAYS flip thru the games in the rack, you will be really surprised at what pops up - I found a Rez a couple of weeks ago - but the database did not list it being on sale - I bought it anyhow. I check back every week to see if I can get a price adjustment, but no luck yet.

If there seems to be anyone cool who works at the store, they can do an inventory check on the computer for specific titles--it is generally pretty accurate if u are looking for something specific--I was able to find my Rez and Shinobi by getting an inventory look-up showing that there was only 1 copy of each in the store after having checked all the other stores--really helpful when I don't want to dig for something they probably do not have.

Oh, and when visiting Target and CC, never wear a red shirt. We should have all learned in Star Trek that red shirts always meant trouble ;-)

You guys, I just got back from CC and got away with some sweet deals! I went to the sale bin first and for some reason, NFL 2K3 was $9.99!!! Only one copy had that price, all others were still $19.99 but I'm sure all were 9.99. Then I went to the racks and I had to flip through the games like I owned the joint but I found some games that are supposed to be gone by now. Most notable, I never thought they would still have Shenmue2. Then I saw Breath of Fire V and was like, Oh crap! And I continued. Here's what I ended up with:

NFL 2K3 9.99 (for some odd reason, the receipt doesn't show the name, it says "Value Program PS2")
Shenmue2 9.99
Xenosaga 13.97
Defender 11.99 (I just bought this because many people posting on this site were buying it)
Breath of Fire V 6.97!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (can anybody tell me why we are blessed with this opportunity? Saying that they are just trying to clear shelves is not acceptable, for it's such a new game, not to mention high ratings)

and this last one ain't such a deal, but I found an original Ghost Recon (without the somewhat ugly silver Platinum linings on the cover) regular Platinum price $20 so I couldn't pass it up. I'm picky...I don't have any Platinum/G Hits/Players Choice except for Super Smash Bros Melee...when I bought it at gamestop, I even offered to switch it with an older cover art without the yellow graphics sadly, there were none.

If these prices have been recently updated already, I apologize.

[quote name='donssword']
If there seems to be anyone cool who works at the store, they can do an inventory check on the computer for specific titles--it is generally pretty accurate if u are looking for something specific--I was able to find my Rez and Shinobi by getting an inventory look-up showing that there was only 1 copy of each in the store after having checked all the other stores--really helpful when I don't want to dig for something they probably do not have.
[/quote]

Weird, at my nearest CC I always ask them for inventory checks to see if they have what I want in stock and they always get out a big paper list and search through it to find what I'm looking for. I thought they would use computers since most other stores use them for inventory checks.

[quote name='TheRock88'][quote name='donssword']
[/quote]

Weird, at my nearest CC I always ask them for inventory checks to see if they have what I want in stock and they always get out a big paper list and search through it to find what I'm looking for. I thought they would use computers since most other stores use them for inventory checks.[/quote]

Their computers are so outdated it's not even funny, and their receipts are twice as wide and five times as long as other stores' receipts. You'd think that a company that deals in electronics and technology would at least be able to bring their own computers into the 21st century.

The nice thing about the Jump Packs for 1¢ is that they are the real-deal PS2 cases w/ memory card holder. If you've ever bought a USED game that had a scratch-free disk, but had a pretty messed up case, say that sticker residue that you couldn't get off, this is a great way to replace it. Sometimes USED games use a generic DVD case, especially USED PS2 games. It's sure as hell better than buying the replacement cases for about $5.00 a pop not including s/h. And even though they aren't aol disks, you could use the Jump Pack disks as coasters... ^^x

-Soujirou

FYI - a little bit of the CC pricing is in fact regional.

I made my 2nd attempt @ getting a sale discount reimbursement on Rez. I went to a different CC in my region, and they did not even have it in their local database. They were able to query the DB from the store I bought it at (the last copy), and they still had it listed @ full price.

Oh well.

Since I'm a college bum for this winter, I'll get first dibs this Friday morning. I'm gonna go to a somewhat big CC in a somewhat rich town. I will update prices on some of the hotter titles and see if anything goes up, down, etc. And since people have been asking about ZOE2, I'll price check it and see if it's any lower. If there's any other you want price checked this Friday, name them and I'll try to find them. Please list more abundant ones and not rare ones like Mr. Mosquito or Fatal Frame. I'm in the Midwest so I'm not guaranteeing anything for those who live in a different region.

I went in today... yes they've raised some prices:

F-zero GX is back up to $35
Robotech PS2 $6.97
Bloodrayne PS2 $6.97
Wipeout Fusion PS2 $6.97

Has anyone picked up an extra copy of Breath of Fire V ? I've been looking for it but the CC's in my area don't have it.

I hate to say it, but someone's been posting these deals at IGN's video game boards as well. They've given credit here and there, but it does bother me, knowing full well that if people want these deals, all they have to do is a search of Video Game Deals, Video Games Cheap (I honestly found these great forums through Google, only to find out someone wrote EGM and let the cat out of the bag the same month for EGM's entire circulation of readers).

People who love video games, and want to save oodles of cash, will find this place without our "spreading the news" -- at least these other sites are video game related though, and not just a stock pile for eBay Sellers.

~Dak

[quote name='Soujirou']The nice thing about the Jump Packs for 1¢ is that they are the real-deal PS2 cases w/ memory card holder. If you've ever bought a USED game that had a scratch-free disk, but had a pretty messed up case, say that sticker residue that you couldn't get off, this is a great way to replace it. Sometimes USED games use a generic DVD case, especially USED PS2 games. It's sure as hell better than buying the replacement cases for about $5.00 a pop not including s/h. And even though they aren't aol disks, you could use the Jump Pack disks as coasters... ^^x

-Soujirou[/quote]

I got the Winter '01 and '02 Jampacks, and only the '02 one is a "real-deal" PS2 case. The '01 case is just a standard DVD case without a memory card holder. Either way, whenever you can pick up a disc that comes in a DVD case or even a standard jewel case, get it.

bread's done
Back