Circuit City Clearance list. 5 - 10 dollar games as of June 18

Yeahman

CAGiversary!
June 18.

Since this list was bumped I changed it so that no one would think that the old prices still counted. At this point I don't know if CC has any kind of percentage clearance going.

Here then are the games that I know to be 5 - 10 as thier regular price.

GCN:

MX Superfly $10
NBA 2K3 $10
Star Wars Rogue leader $10
Street Hoops $10
Waverace Bluestorm $10
WWE Crushhour $10

XBOX:

Alter Echo $10
Batman Dark Tomorrow $10
Capcom vs SNK 2 EO $10
NBA 2K3 $10
Shenmue II $10
Triple Play 2002 $5

PS2:

Alter Echo $10
Breath of Fire:DQ $10
Corvette $10
Evergrace $10
Evolution Skateboarding $10
Haven $5
RTX Redrock $10
Shinobi $10
Silpheed
Transworld Surf $10
Wipeout Fusion $10

SWEEETNESS.

i'm going to have to raid my CC, i just sold a ton of things on Ebay and already wired the money to my bank account.

what i really want is FF:Origins, that's the only one i don't own.

Note: when I do go to CC tomorrow morning and price check, I've decided I will only be PM'ing certain individuals within the last 5 pages of posts that seem to still be interested in the deals (and are also sharing deals). I think you guys are right about the Ebay peeps. Though it is gaining profit in a legit way (I have no qualms about it), I think gamer's who only want one copy to play are going to get an updated price check from me. Oh don't worry, I know how capitalism works....I never go in there with a list or show them that the consumers are winning this battle. You gotta know when to play shady and when not to.

Out

Nintendokid: Can you please add me to your PM list for the CC pricedrops? I agree with you about the repostings, but still want to get in on the deal.

[quote name='video_gamer324'][quote name='TheRock88']

Weird, at my nearest CC I always ask them for inventory checks to see if they have what I want in stock and they always get out a big paper list and search through it to find what I'm looking for. I thought they would use computers since most other stores use them for inventory checks.[/quote]

Their computers are so outdated it's not even funny, and their receipts are twice as wide and five times as long as other stores' receipts. You'd think that a company that deals in electronics and technology would at least be able to bring their own computers into the 21st century.[/quote]

Circuit City doesn't make as much $ as Best Buy. When company don't make a lot of $, they don't spend too much on computer equipments to update the stores.

[quote name='poormojo']Nintendokid: Can you please add me to your PM list for the CC pricedrops? I agree with you about the repostings, but still want to get in on the deal.[/quote]

Yes, the same for me, please, if you have the time. I only buy one copy of each game for myself as well. Thanks a million in advance! :D

New here to these boards and talk about coming late to a party.. I went to my local CC yesterday in Poughkeepsie N.Y after reading about the sale and there was nothing there, at least in the way of Xbox games . Then reading the post about the KB sale I found Otogoi for $14.99and a copy of Beyond Good and Evil for $19.99. Not a deal like some of the other ones but still a good price. All in all $ 35 for 2 relatively new games is a steal. Not on the level of other CAG's but working my way there. Thanxs for the info and will be checking these boards on a daily basis now . Good Job guys on the site and the info Later All.

Ehh, I was only able to get Maximo and Clock tower 3. And i was really looking forward to picking up BOF5! I've been to 4 CCs in the past couple of weeks but there was nothing there really to catch my eye.

[quote name='nintendokid']Note: when I do go to CC tomorrow morning and price check, I've decided I will only be PM'ing certain individuals within the last 5 pages of posts that seem to still be interested in the deals (and are also sharing deals). [/quote]

LOL, good luck with that. There are a million other people and websites that will post the same information.

I'm going Friday morning hopefully, assuming the weather clears up, so I'll let you got know what I find :)

[quote name='Yeahman']There needs to be a sticky:

Do not print up lists so big that it's obvious to employees that you have a list.

Do not buy up so much product that you look like a dealer.

That is all.[/quote]

Stores doesn't care who buys their games. If they have 100 games priced at $5.00 they don't care if 1 person buys 100 copies or if 100 people buy 1 copy. They just care that the old stock gets sold.

I always bring printed lists (if there is enough items I can't remember) and I don't care who sees it. Often the employees ask to look at if because they want to see what's on sale, too.

Stores want to make money. They clearance items that aren't selling to make way for new stock. It's not a secret.

Def Friday morning I'll be at my CC seeing If I can get some good deals. Pissed that I missed out on the Panzer Dragon Orta deal and a couple others.

[quote name='ft'][quote name='Yeahman']There needs to be a sticky:

Do not print up lists so big that it's obvious to employees that you have a list.

Do not buy up so much product that you look like a dealer.

That is all.[/quote]

Stores doesn't care who buys their games. If they have 100 games priced at $5.00 they don't care if 1 person buys 100 copies or if 100 people buy 1 copy. They just care that the old stock gets sold.

I always bring printed lists (if there is enough items I can't remember) and I don't care who sees it. Often the employees ask to look at if because they want to see what's on sale, too.

Stores want to make money. They clearance items that aren't selling to make way for new stock. It's not a secret.[/quote]

CC is supposed to limit you to 3 copies of one item, but they rarely do. I can imagine that they may start doing it now though.

CC is supposed to limit you to 3 copies of one item, but they rarely do. I can imagine that they may start doing it now though.

I have never encountered any limit, ever. Even when buying multiples of the Sega GT/JSRF bundle disc for a penny. Even EBGames had a limit of 50 copies per person for Wario World.

If the stores are trying to get rid of crap, they're not going to stop someone who's trying to buy it.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, just that it's never happened to me.

The CC near me has a sign posted (homemade laser printed) that there's a limit of 3 per title. I've never bought more than 1 title of a game but I don't think they enforce it as it is up to the cashiers who don't really care.

I'll check my CC again tomorrow when there may be a new sale. Keeping my fingers crossed, as I've been setting a little money aside for going to CC this weekend anyway.

It's crazy how the $5 and $10 titles added up to be a lot of money pretty quickly!

[quote name='ft']

Stores want to make money. They clearance items that aren't selling to make way for new stock. It's not a secret.[/quote]

I agree with what you've said for the most part. Here's the thing (in my highly non-scientific estimation).

Scenario A) As with many of the titles in this list, 50 people come in and buy 50 copies of a game at clearance price. No suspicion.

Scenario B) 30 people come in and buy 50 copies of a title. A little suspicious, but hey, we've all picked up copies of games for our friends. If a dozen people buy two-three copies that ain't super noticible on a day-to-day basis.

Scenario C) 5 People come in and buy 50 copies of a title. This is noticible because it raises a red flag to the manager of that CC (note: not necessarily the whole chain, but it'll kill the deal at that outlet) that "Hey, if some guy is buying that many, he's probably a dealer, and hence, expects to make a significant profit for buying so many copies. We should raise the price!"

I think most of us would fit into Scenario B, and a smaller group fit into C. Hey to each his own, and we do live in a capitalist society and you do the legwork, you get the fruit. And also, if you're a C person and buy every last copy in the store then whatever, they're not going to mark up the price for an item that's gone. (UNLESS they get more in from another store. Which happens. A lot where I'm from.)

That's the argument as far as I see it.

[quote name='The_Continental']NintendoKid,

Please add me to your PM list. I am a one copy buyer.

Thank you.[/quote]

nintendo kid please include me also...i just buy one copy of games and all i own is a gamecube.

Hey, NintendoKid, can you ....

Just kidding.

Honestly, I don't know why people would use their own time to search/buy games for other CAGers. Waste of time because the person asking might recsind his offer afterwards to pay the guy back for the game & shipping, let alone the cost of gas to drive there. Then you're stuck with it unless you use your own gas to drive back to the store to return it. What's funny is it's usually Newbies making these requests. If your store doesn't carry something, then you can live without it.

I am a newbie, so I certainly wouldn't expect people to trust me in a transaction right off the bat, but people offer to do that basically for the same reason we're here in the first place--we want to share our good luck in finding something. People you speak to, or read, on the internet now have a 'face' or a 'voice' to you, instead of just being some faceless ebay bidder ID. Most people would cut their friends a deal, sometimes even losing money to be nice. And people who post on forums like this one tend to have a bit of a 'club' feeling, so you'll generally treat clubmembers rights. If I can find an obvious deal on an item I'm not interested in personally, yes, I'll try to make a little money off it--but the way I look at it, if I find a game for 5.00, that the MSRP is 40, and I sell it for, say, 20.00 [ebay or half.com], I've made money, and the other person saved money. Would I let that same game go for, say, 10 bucks to a person I have chatted with online? Sure, I'm not losing anything, and I'm helping someone else out.
I also don't buy a hundred copies of something and then immediately hawk them on ebay. I have bought multiple copies of a deal [like, 3 copies, one for me] and sold them for a profit [but still less than the MSRP], but there's using and there's abusing. And unless there's only one left, I try never to get the last one [also my personal rule at restaurant buffets.]
Plus, technically, if you buy more than, say, 5 copies, and plan to resell all but 4 of them, you're a reseller or dealer, and most stores have fine print saying 'No resellers' or 'Limited to three per person.' Fairness and friendliness, if there were more of both of those, it'd be a better world.
Anyway, this is a heck of a thread, and I look forward to whatever the next best deal in 2004 will be :)

No offense to Newbies because I was one too, but you never know the character of someone who's new here. Like with ebay, I would only conduct a transaction with someone I trust, i.e., with good feedback. Although we don't have that feature here like ebay does (but there is some thread out there where you can rate transactions with other CAGers), I would only conduct a transaction with someone who I felt would honor their request.

Heck, I'm not asking anyone to buy anything for me, I just would enjoy some information shared, that's all. :D Oh yeah, and I've been here longer than a lot of the people I see posting... I just don't have a lot to say, that's all. :lol:

*sigh* Don't mind me. At any rate, even if they decided not to drop any more prices, I'd be happy with what I've purchased at my CC. So far I've been able to pick up Beyond Good & Evil, Clock Tower 3, Robotech: Battlecry, Freaky Flyers, Haven: Call of the King, Wipeout Fusion, Bloodrayne, Shinobi, Gungrave and Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter for a measly $60 + tax. :shock: Which ain't half bad in my book. Too bad my PS2 is in San Diego getting cured of those pesky DREs!! :p

Anyway, thanks again to those who made this thread possible and for keeping us informed!!

I just got back from the Circuit City in Wichita, Kansas and there are a lot of games left, especially the ones that are on the list.
I just got:
Gungrave for 7.96
Shinobi for 7.96
Jampack Winter 2002 + Facial expression on employee for 0.01 :lol:

So if anyone is near the Wichita area, I suggest going there. It's a good store, everything is alphabetized and there are a lot of games, I just don't have the money right now to buy them. Hopefully, the prices are still good in the next few days, I might be going back again.

I plan on going back some time and checking to see if they have any copies of Bloodrayne. I hope it is still $5. I wonder how good it is?

I only had $20 to spend, so I walked out of my circuit city last saturday with Robotech, Shinobi, and Gungrave.

I like the feeling of community this board has, I think I'll stick around a bit longer. ....The Cheap Ass Deals don't hurt, either :D

Just got back from my local CC, here is what prices I check :
Silheep (PS2) $7.96
Ikaruga (GC) $31.99, sucks I waned it but not for that price.
Sega Soccer Slam (GC) $39.99
Mortal Kombat (GC) $15.99
Gitaroo Man (PS2) $15.99
Rez (PS2) $39.99
Hope the prices go back down on Friday.

[quote name='E-Z-B']No offense to Newbies because I was one too, but you never know the character of someone who's new here. Like with ebay, I would only conduct a transaction with someone I trust, i.e., with good feedback. Although we don't have that feature here like ebay does (but there is some thread out there where you can rate transactions with other CAGers), I would only conduct a transaction with someone who I felt would honor their request.[/quote]

You can always use heatware. One of the most respected eval systems for traders. Screw Ebay feedback. Whoops, was that out loud? :D

Did some shopping today at a CC in downriver Detroit. Was able to find deals there, but I think management wasn't too keen on it.

I was there this morning purchase JSRF for $5 and Haven for $5. 2 copies of each intending to use them for the EB Ninja Gaiden trade-in (didn't realize you need 4 different games). Priced a bunch of other games and it all seemed in line with the other prices in this thread. As I was checking out, the cashier called someone on her phone and by the time I left, a bunch of employees were taking games from the bargain bin and taking them to the register, I'm guessing to price check.

Went back just now. Bought Breath of Fire and Wipeout Fuzion for $8 each, ZOE 2 for $10.50, and Guilty Gear X for a suprising $32. The weird thing is I had them price check Matt Hoffman which is in their bargain bin, and it was $20, not $5. I'm thinking they adjusted the bargain bin games back to sticker. The others were still cheap though cause they were on the normal game shelf.

Whoops. I never intended that to happen. I was just going to go there because I am going to go buy some myself before I go back to my smalltown college (there are no cities or retailers such as Best Buy, Circuit City, Kohl's, Gamestop, Target, etc. within a 30 mile radius...it aint far, but you see, I don't have a car). I figured since other's have listed their prices that they saw dropped, I mind as well list them too because it was here first that I was able to find out that the UPC labels were totally all wrong. Just returning the favor, I don't intend to buy and then sell anything. Sorry for the inconvenience. Should I just do a public post tomorrow then, or what....?

Xbox Live was on sale Version 3 kits for $49.99 (reg. $69.99) and subscription cards $34.99 (reg. $49.99) but I can't tell you if that sale has went off yet. It was still going Tuesday when I was there.

I didn't even think about getting some of those 1 cent Jampacks to use for their cases when I had been at CC on Monday (just made the original deals! Whoo hoo!). Hopefully they will still be a penny when I stop in sometime tomorrow. If the prices are still up, they're still up. $13.98 for Xenosaga new and $7 for Shinobi new is still better than anywhere else, methinks.

Oh, and Nintendokid, if I could get on that list of yours, that would be AWESOME! Thanks!

I don't know if anyone has said this, but BloodRayne clocked in for me at $6.57. Figured the sale was off.

Oh, as sort of an off-note, for anyone looking for ZOE2 at the Round Rock, TX Circuit City, someone bought them all. Damn.

Nintendo Kid I would just do a public post. This thread has gotten so big and been so successful because everyone has been sharing information, and keeping everyone else up to date with new prices. If Information is just PMed to certain people it defeats the whole purpose of this thread. and this entire site for that matter.

I would also ask that we not post this anywhere else, if more deals are uncovered. If it starts here it should stay here, at least for a couple of days to give this community a chance to get what they can, hopefully for personal use, not for resale.

Here's my philosophy on why CC marked prices up.

CC sells GameX for 9.99.
Company B sells GameX for 14.99.

If Company B buys 10 copies of GameX for 9.99 at CC then re-sells them at 14.99 a piece, Company B makes $50 of straight profit. This obviously helps Company B in competing with CC.

If Circuit City felt this was happening then they may have marked prices up higher in order to prevent dealers from loading up, but not so high that they can't liquidate the stock.

Just my theory.

This is why you should be careful about printing up long lists because it only takes one CC manager to raise concerns. This is why you shouldn't be greedy and load up on extras for a quick profit. By doing that you are only hurting your chance at getting deals in the long run.

Jus got back from CC

SegaGT/JSRF was $20
Red Faction 2 (XBOX) was $10
Murakumo is still $5
and Jet Grind Radio (GBA) is $20

The X-box exhibition clocked in at $1.66 at my local CC. I'm game to purchase games for anyone who can't get down to their local CC, or if the games are sold out there. They have a decent amount over here, but, I don't have prices on each and every game. What do I get out of it? Just pay the S&H, and an extra buck(I need the cash, but who doesn't?), and that's it.

Well seems we have learned that the original $5 games are still exactly $5. I could only check on Haven and Gungrave but people already know they are at $5 and $8 respectively.

bread's done
Back