Circuit City Clearance list. 5 - 10 dollar games as of June 18

Yeahman

CAGiversary!
June 18.

Since this list was bumped I changed it so that no one would think that the old prices still counted. At this point I don't know if CC has any kind of percentage clearance going.

Here then are the games that I know to be 5 - 10 as thier regular price.

GCN:

MX Superfly $10
NBA 2K3 $10
Star Wars Rogue leader $10
Street Hoops $10
Waverace Bluestorm $10
WWE Crushhour $10

XBOX:

Alter Echo $10
Batman Dark Tomorrow $10
Capcom vs SNK 2 EO $10
NBA 2K3 $10
Shenmue II $10
Triple Play 2002 $5

PS2:

Alter Echo $10
Breath of Fire:DQ $10
Corvette $10
Evergrace $10
Evolution Skateboarding $10
Haven $5
RTX Redrock $10
Shinobi $10
Silpheed
Transworld Surf $10
Wipeout Fusion $10

I couldn't find either Haven, or Gungrave or Shinobi. How much is NFL 2K3 scanning at? As for Jet Set Future/Sega GT, they had 1 copy or so they said, but it was MIA. I think someone hid it at Best Buy. That was a joke, or supposed to be...

If someone could pick up Final Fantasy Origins for $14.99, Chrono Cross for $9.99, Star Ocean for $9.99 and Robotech (PS2) for $4.99 I'll pay for them for via paypal + shipping + some extra for your time.

So sad. I actually wanted games to play rather than trading. At least I got Final Fantasy origins and Breath of Fire. But I've always wanted to play Star Ocean 2 and Gungrave. :cry:

So what all of you are saying is that CC is just marking all these games for higher prices? 2 questions:

1. Is this regional, and if so has anyone checked out the Portland CC by Washington Square?

2. Has Zelda: the wind waker, Beyond Good and Evil, Prince of Persia, Pikmin, or Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy been marked down at all?

BG&E was $10 for the PS2 version a couple weeks back. It should be $20 pretty much everywhere for all systems now. The other games are still at regular prices as far as I know.

Hmm.... CC deals seem to vary store by store. I went in on Tuesday, and the gave me a refund back on Red Faction 2 to bring the price to $10.96 or so, and Freaky Flyers they gave me a refund to
bring the price to $6.96 or so.

As to individual CC's getting worked up about prices - Don't be cheap 1st. Be kind.

I am meeting another CAG today to exchange some games. If this goes well, I will probably clear my list of games that I wanted. Hopefully he can too. And in the future, our work will be lessened....

Take Care,
Matthew

I went to CC laat night, I got Grandia Xtreme scanned, it came out to $39.99 (the regular sticker price was $49.99). They also had the summer jampacks, they were $4.99.

[quote name='Adrenaline']If someone could pick up Final Fantasy Origins for $14.99, Chrono Cross for $9.99, Star Ocean for $9.99 and Robotech (PS2) for $4.99 I'll pay for them for via paypal + shipping + some extra for your time.[/quote]
You do realize the prices have gone up right? I believe Robotech is $8 and FFO is 23.99 or was it 24.99....anyways just wanted to let you know, so if someone does buy it you are aware that it will be more.

[quote name='TrackZ']Did some shopping today at a CC in downriver Detroit. Was able to find deals there, but I think management wasn't too keen on it.

I was there this morning purchase JSRF for $5 and Haven for $5. 2 copies of each intending to use them for the EB Ninja Gaiden trade-in (didn't realize you need 4 different games). Priced a bunch of other games and it all seemed in line with the other prices in this thread. As I was checking out, the cashier called someone on her phone and by the time I left, a bunch of employees were taking games from the bargain bin and taking them to the register, I'm guessing to price check.

Went back just now. Bought Breath of Fire and Wipeout Fuzion for $8 each, ZOE 2 for $10.50, and Guilty Gear X for a suprising $32. The weird thing is I had them price check Matt Hoffman which is in their bargain bin, and it was $20, not $5. I'm thinking they adjusted the bargain bin games back to sticker. The others were still cheap though cause they were on the normal game shelf.[/quote]

Which location was this?

Went to my local CC today and took 3 Xbox games I wanted that were listed here.

Panzer Dragon Orta was listed at $49.99 Rang Up $24.99
Crazy Taxi listed $19.99 Rang up $13.99
FZero GX was listed at $49.99 Rang Up $34.99

Not cheap enuff. They didnt have any jampacks or any of the JSRF/GT combos or those games individually.

its a shame to see one of the best sales of the century is slowly coming to a close. my CC has also jacked up prices. I will have to try another one.

Hey guys and gals at least we were able to enjoy such a great thing :D but hopefully it will come back for us to enjoy once again :lol:

Quick comment, I thought that when the manager mentioned another price drop Friday (today) that it was meant for different games not on previous list. Has anyone tried price checking a game that wasn't on the list but may be old enough to warrant a price drop? Just curious

[quote name='ryosnk']Hey guys and gals at least we were able to enjoy such a great thing :D but hopefully it will come back for us to enjoy once again :lol:[/quote]

It will be back, but it will be near year end with different title :wink:

I know, when I found out that CC raised the prices up a little, I kind of went into a little bout with depression there, wondering why I hadn't gone in just a day earlier. But hindsight is always 20/20, they say. :?

Anyhoo, if you can find them, the games that were previously $5 are still damned good deals at $7 or $8. That's just my opinion, as always. :D

[quote name='Zincdust']I know, when I found out that CC raised the prices up a little, I kind of went into a little bout with depression there, wondering why I hadn't gone in just a day earlier. But hindsight is always 20/20, they say. :?

Anyhoo, if you can find them, the games that were previously $5 are still damned good deals at $7 or $8. That's just my opinion, as always. :D[/quote]

Agreed. Geez, an army must have plowed through Southeast NY and snatched every copy of Shinobi. I'm still looking for two copies for myself and a friend. (No, that's not begging for someone to sell me one... I'll continue looking and hoping)

Ok guys, here goes nothing (I'm selling! Read):

These are the ones I didn't buy but rung up just to check:
Zelda Wind Waker still $49.99 (oh the pain)
Mario Party 4 still $49.99 (I was like wth)
Resident Evil 15.99 (did you guys say 9.99 last week, crap!)
Sonic Mega Collection still 39.99
Unlimitied Saga 19.99 (so many copies left)
Gungrave still 7.96
Genma Onimusha scanned as 15.99 but a few copies were listed 9.99 (might go back for this one soon)
-most- 03 sports games were being listed as 19.99-29.99

I never see more than 15 titles GC games in sales bin and most are all sports

These are the ones I bought (whoo hoo!):
Shinobi still 7.96
Zone of Ender: 2nd Runner 10.47 (plenty copies left)
Wild Arms 3 9.96
Tokyo Extreme Racer 3 still 19.99 (my bro bought this one ugh, I would never)
Jampack Summer 02 0.01 as always
Panzer Dragoon Orta !2 copies! 23.99 -> sticker said 14.99 and I talked with the manager so I got it for $14.99

The thing is, I only bought Shinobi, ZOE2, and extra copy PDO because I knew people here wanted it. It'll be on a BEST OFFER basis THROUGH PM, don't waste post space. However, I will tell you that there are certain conditions that must be met, for those who are interested PLEASE MAKE SURE TO READ - NO EXCEPTIONS:

-decision to buy MUST be made by Sunday morning for I am a broke-a$$ college guy, and if no one is interested, I want to get my refund ASAP for my books/pencils

-Sorry, but checks (parent's check is okay) only. This also means that the check must be sent out by Tuesday morning the latest because I go back to my 30 miles away college next sunday Jan 25 and it makes it hard because of the going back and forth. I want to start the check clearing process by Friday the latest

-I don't have a car...I had to nag someone to he|| who took off work today to rest to take me to a CC 20 minutes away (not to mention sitting there for a whole 60 min and watch me flip through all the racks/bins like I owned the joint). That means that it is only natural for me to offer a price that recompensates my troubles....a little "domestic charge" in which I see fit

-if I do not reply back to you by 12:00pm central time Sunday (all deals close), that means the deal is over for that specific game.

-PDO is rare and was the most expensive buy so expect me to be very picky about this one. It just sucks being a college student with thousands of $$ in debt and any bit of profit will help me greatly with my personal finances

-as always, the check has to be cleared before I ship the game. The last thing I need is trouble with checks

-if you are interested, don't forget to include your city, state zip, for I need these to check S&H charges to your home

Tentative price range (not including S&H/domestic charge):
Shinobi - $14+
Zone of Ender 2 - $20+
Panzer Dragoon Orta - $32+[/b]

[quote name='nintendokid']
...I never see more than 15 titles GC games in sales bin and most are all sports
Tentative price range (not including S&H/domestic charge):
Shinobi - $14+
Zone of Ender 2 - $20+
Panzer Dragoon Orta - $32+[/b][/quote]

1. Most of the GC games that were on sale were not in the bins, but on the shelf still, in my experience.

2. No one here is going to pay those ridiculous prices. Even if one cannot find PDO in store (which many people have been able to do), the going price on Half.com for a new/sealed copy is in the low $20s. Your pricing for Shinobi and ZOE2 is a little more reasonable, but still on the high side, considering we are all cheapasses. Shinobi might be considered reasonable if shipping were included. If ZOE2 came down $5 and included shipping you might get a nibble (but not from me, I already bought those games).

[quote name='video_gamer324']Is it safe to say that this "Friday only" sale was a hoax? [/quote]

Nobody said anything about a "Friday only" sale. There was talk of some prices being lowered ON Friday. Big difference. As far as I know, this could have happened, but we have no ideas which titles were discounted.

Shinobi $15
ZOE2 $17
PDO $21

Give one or two dollars, depending on where you live. There. Is that better? And of course money order is okay. However, I think people were just fantasizing or talking that they wanted it, they wouldn't really buy it from people. If I don't get any offers, I'm returning them tomorrow morning.

When I look for games on Circuit City.com, it seems like htey never have any. And, I'm not talking about deals...Its jsut the fact that there arent too many games that Im looking for online on that site.

Anybody have a copy of Skies of Arcadia that they may have picked up in the sale, that they'd be willing to sell?

Also willing to drop some cash or trade for:
Parrappa the Rappa
Um Jammer Lammy
Breath of Fire V
Harvest Moon
Phatasy Star Collection GBA

[quote name='nintendokid']

However, I think people were just fantasizing or talking that they wanted it, they wouldn't really buy it from people. If I don't get any offers, I'm returning them tomorrow morning.[/quote]

Dude, when people said that they wanted it, they meant they wanted you to help them out. They'd pay for the game and shipping and everything, and maybe a buck or two extra for your help. Not that they'd pay some spiked up price for your profit.

Its called being a nice guy man, and I mean, I understand that you need money, most of us do (hence us being on this site), but that's what people meant.

If you're gonna jack the price up, do it on ebay, not here where everyone knows what you paid for it!! A little insulting i think!

Well I am being a nice guy (though I know someone will say I'm not) and put Shinobi up at Videogameauctions. Basically started it at cost with tax, when I bought it originally. $4 for shipping, and basically if it reaches $10 shipping is free. I know some will still get angry, but I really didn't want to choose favorites on who would get it.

HAHAHA...that's great...nintendokid acts all offended when the deal got posted elsewhere, knocks eBayers, then starts some elitist crap saying he'll only pm the people who are buying the games for themselves the new prices...

[quote name='nintendokid']Note: when I do go to CC tomorrow morning and price check, I've decided I will only be PM'ing certain individuals within the last 5 pages of posts that seem to still be interested in the deals (and are also sharing deals). I think you guys are right about the Ebay peeps. Though it is gaining profit in a legit way (I have no qualms about it), I think gamer's who only want one copy to play are going to get an updated price check from me. Oh don't worry, I know how capitalism works....I never go in there with a list or show them that the consumers are winning this battle. You gotta know when to play shady and when not to.

Out[/quote]

...THEN buys some to sell?

[quote name='nintendokid']The thing is, I only bought Shinobi, ZOE2, and extra copy PDO because I knew people here wanted it. It'll be on a BEST OFFER basis THROUGH PM, don't waste post space. However, I will tell you that there are certain conditions that must be met, for those who are interested PLEASE MAKE SURE TO READ - NO EXCEPTIONS:[/quote]

Yes, I guess you DO know how capitalism works. Do you know how hypocrisy works too? You obviously already know how to play shady.

What happened to:

[quote name='nintendokid']Whoops. I never intended that to happen. I was just going to go there because I am going to go buy some myself before I go back to my smalltown college (there are no cities or retailers such as Best Buy, Circuit City, Kohl's, Gamestop, Target, etc. within a 30 mile radius...it aint far, but you see, I don't have a car). I figured since other's have listed their prices that they saw dropped, I mind as well list them too because it was here first that I was able to find out that the UPC labels were totally all wrong. Just returning the favor, I don't intend to buy and then sell anything. Sorry for the inconvenience. Should I just do a public post tomorrow then, or what....?[/quote]

Man...thanks for the entertainment!

hmm, most of the intial pricing came from the CC site, then people noticed that some were 50% off. I checked the site today and there was nothing new there.

I meant the people who buy 4-5 copies and sells them. I saw alot of people looking for PDO and ZOE2. I guess in the end, no one really wants them.

[quote name='nintendokid']I meant the people who buy 4-5 copies and sells them. I saw alot of people looking for PDO and ZOE2. I guess in the end, no one really wants them.[/quote]

I'm quite sure people want them, but not at two to three times the price. :roll: You'd be hardpressed to get that much on ebay. You sound just like the person you were flaming, whether you bought 10 copies or 2, trying to get above market value on all of them is still lame. I'm sure some of us like sex, but I doubt anyone here likes getting raped. Well maybe for the members of CAGIncarcerated . :p

Nintendokid....thanks for pulling the "Id rather take these back to the store then help some gamer who wants these at 5.00 plus a couple bucks for my time and shipping"

Great, just great.

Well, this is really positive...

I had a wonderful experience today with a fellow CAGer. He met me at my house, took a $14.99 game and gave me 3 $5 ones in exchange. I then bought another $5 game from him, and he did not even charge me tax. :) (ok, .24 is no big deal.)

Here is the trade:
Indiana Jones
$5
for
Murakumo
Gungrave
Dragon Quarter
Shinobi.

This is what it is all about. Thanks a ton Mike.

Take Care,
Matthew

Yeahhhhh 1000 posts and Whip that was funny.........u made him look bad and

D4rkewolfe ur Shinobi deal was fair i saw it on the auction site and kinda wanted it 10.00 isnt a bad price

Peace out

bread's done
Back