Circuit City Closing BR/DVD Sale 25% Off (Charlotte)

Kagethebest23456

CAG Veteran
With the Circuit City's closing now, sales have started (I'm not sure if they all have started to close down yet) but the CC located in Charlotte, NC has all Blu Rays & DVDs on sale. The Circuit City I went to is off of University City Blvd (down the street from UNC Charlotte). The discounts will probably increase as they get closer to their actual closing date (I've heard it's supposedly the end of December, not sure).

I was down there at university about a week ago and it was at 20% thanks for the update, I was planning on dropping by there tomorrow, although when I was in there last the person who checked me out was very unfriendly, it just went to show exactly why this Circuit City was shutting down even though its so close to a college.

Yeah mine was only 20%, and still they were more expensive than an amazon/etc. I can't wait for mine to go at least 30-40% off.

You guys should have caught the Liquidation sale coverage on Good Morning America this morning. Good stuff.

Basically a 3rd party company comes in, jacks up the prices and then starts taking off the percentages from there.

I learned my lesson a few years ago when Media Play went under.

I would say stick with the online stuff.

I am in the University area and pass this store every day, has been of no interest to me.

[quote name='crispytreat']You guys should have caught the Liquidation sale coverage on Good Morning America this morning. Good stuff.

Basically a 3rd party company comes in, jacks up the prices and then starts taking off the percentages from there.

I learned my lesson a few years ago when Media Play went under.

I would say stick with the online stuff.

I am in the University area and pass this store every day, has been of no interest to me.[/quote]

I checked it out online here after you mentioned it:
http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=6326174&page=1

Interesting indeed

Hi All, here is the list of stores that's closing, which was posted in their official press release a few weeks ago. Per my posts in some other threads, the stores that are closing may not even participate in Black Friday. They owe their movie distributors 55 mil, and may not receive their shipments. Some stores near me, that are not on the "closing" list didn't even have the movies for their recent $2.99 sale.

http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/CC/474422178x0x245809/2BFAC9D9-6CEF-4027-9E51-1C635F42F7A7/110308%20Store%20Closing%20List.pdf

All the best,
Sariena

bread's done
Back