Circuit City December clearance--UPDATED 12/14

neocisco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
313 (100%)
Here's the official complete list. For now all prices are $16.96. There are links to the previous months' clearance lists at the bottom. Much thanks to Donnums for getting the ball rolling.

12/14 UPDATE: Here are some price drops and a few new additions.

:ps3:
College Hoops 2K7 $8.96

:ps2:
Aeon Flux $8.96
Eye Toy Kinetic w/camera $16.96
Eye Toy Play 2 $16.96

:xbox:
Aeon Flux $4.96

:ds:
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales $8.96

:psp:
The Con $8.96

12/7

:360:
Blitz
Bullet Witch
FIFA Soccer 2007
Lord of the Rings: Battle of Middle-Earth II
NBA 2K7
NCAA Football 2007
Ninety-Nine Nights
Open Season
Project Sylpheed
Star Trek: Legacy
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07
Tomb Raider: Legend
Winning Eleven Pro Soccer 2007
Xbox Live Arcade vol. 1

:wii:
Dragonball Z Budokai: Tenkaichi 2
Driver: Parallel Lines
Elebits
Happy Feet
Kororinpa: Marble Mania
Madden NFL 2007
Metal Slug Anthology
Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07

:ps3:
Armored Core 4
Def Jam: Icon
Full Auto 2: Battlelines
Mobile Suit Gundam
NBA 2K7
NBA Street: Homecourt
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom

:ps2:
Dragonball Z Budokai: Tenkaichi
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja
Nicktoons: Volcano Island
Okami

:ds:
Asphalt 2
Children of Mana
Custom Robo Arena
Elite Beat Agents
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
Harvest Moon
InuYasha
Lunar Knights
Shrek's Smash & Crash
Trauma Center

:psp:
Chili Con Carnage
Eragon
Gangs of London
Madden NFL 07
Medievil: Resurrection
NCAA Football 07
Neopets: Petpet Adventure
Parappa the Rapper

:gba:
Backyard Baseball 2007
Dora the Explorer double pack
Dora's World Adventure
Final Fantasy V
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Spyro: A New Beginning
Teen TItans 2

November
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158103

October
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154925

September
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150784

August
NO LIST

July
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143063

June
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=139368

April/May
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137696

[quote name='manthing']No more Okami on the Twin Cities appatantly.

Question for the Okami fans; I *HATE* Zelda, in every incarnation. Will I enjoy Okami?

Also saw a fellow cag(maybe?) at Roseville, MN buying elebits and Metal Slug Saturday night[/quote]

Wow, that's kind of a tough question to answer. Okami is an amazing and unique game, but the gameplay does resemble the 3D Zelda incarnations. If you hated them all (!?) then you might want to skip Okami. If you are a fan of art and Japanese culture you will definitely appreciate what Okami has to offer, but if the gameplay is going to ruin it for you - then pass on it.

Watch some Okami videos, read some reviews, and look at some screenshots. If you still decide against it, know that you are missing out on something special.

[quote name='kkt']p.s., In case any one is interested, the CC in Minnetonka, MN still has one copy of Okami.[/quote]

I picked up that last copy along with Metal Slug Anthology for Wii.

I wasn't able to find Metal Slug Anthology at my CC but I picked up an extra Elebits. If anyone has an extra Metal Slug Anthology and is looking for Elebits, I would be willing to trade my Elebits for your Metal Slug Anthology. PM if interested.

I went to the Covina Circuit City. Found Lunar Knights (1 copy left), Harvest Moon DS (3 copies), and a copy of Trauma Center. Didn't buy anything :lol:

[quote name='sasukekun']Bought last copy of Elebits at Moreno Valley, CA. I think they have one Okami left, and 3 copies of Trauma Center DS[/quote]

Nice, thats where im originally from. moval. Ill ask my bro to pick me up one of those trauma center for ds, since my CC was sold out.

Bought Okami for $30 a little over a week ago - price matched it today to get the $13+ difference back.

Really happy it dropped now rather than later (January).

Picked up:
Full Auto 2 PS3
Armored Core 4 PS3
Metal Slug Anthlogy Wii
Lunar Knights DS

Was really looking hard for Elebits for a presnet for my girlfriend but I had no luck. And the girl that checked me out was suprised that these games were only 16.96. She kept asking me how I knew about them. CAG ftw!

FF and Okami seem to be the only really good deals, wait $20 for a gba game. I take that back, I still however remember paying $35 up froont once for fire emblem. FE was good, but it was a waste of money to do so. I haven't played armored core, so wouldn't know if it's any good. Is it a good deal for this price?

[quote name='SergeantMuffin']Went down there yesterday, found Okami marked $39.99, but it did indeed ring up $16.96. Thanks OP![/quote]

Did the same thing! Thanks OP!:D

Thanks OP! Got everything I wanted from the Sunnyvale CA CC:

Star Trek: Legacy (last copy);
Truma Center (one copy left in the bin);
Winning Elevan Pro 2007 (last copy).

They still have few lunar knights and DBZ for the Wii when I left.

OK if anyone lives in Baton Rouge LA this still works.
They have a sign up that says bogo free clearance games 18.96 or less.
I'm done buying my stuff and they still have at least 1 copy of every game on the list left.

Hey if anyone can snag me an elebits and/or the marble game for the wii I'll gladly snag them a Trauma Center DS or search my other local stores for anything else. PM me if possible.

bill123

The Vista, CA store off of Emerald still has a bunch of stuff on the list.

Notables such as:

Harvest Moon DS
Elite Beat Agents
Neopets
99 Nights
Elebits
Def Jam Icon
Full Auto 2
Lunar Nights DS
& more

I personally got Metal Slug Anthology (last one), Trauma Center DS (last one) and Elite Beat for myself.

[quote name='SSJMies']Bought Okami for $30 a little over a week ago - price matched it today to get the $13+ difference back.

Really happy it dropped now rather than later (January).[/quote]
Wife ran into town today and took Okami with her and successfully got the same price adjustment. I am really glad I picked this up 2 weeks ago (I got the last copy), if I had waited for it to go on clearance I know I would have missed out!

On Friday night I bought:

Bullet Witch (360)
Elebits (Wii)
Metal Slug Anthology (Wii)
Ninety Nine Nights (360)
Okami (PS2)
Project Sylpheed (360)

I used the coupon for the $15 off and basically paid $1.96 for one of the games.

Then on Saturday, I went back and got:
Mobile Suit Gundam (PS3) (I don't even own PS3 and this is my fourth game for the system)
Trauma Center (DS) (these weren't out on Friday night)

Does anybody know if Metal Slug works with the Hori Wii arcade stick?

[quote name='josekortez']On Friday night I bought:

Bullet Witch (360)
Elebits (Wii)
Metal Slug Anthology (Wii)
Ninety Nine Nights (360)
Okami (PS2)
Project Sylpheed (360)

I used the coupon for the $15 off and basically paid $1.96 for one of the games.

Then on Saturday, I went back and got:
Mobile Suit Gundam (PS3) (I don't even own PS3 and this is my fourth game for the system)
Trauma Center (DS) (these weren't out on Friday night)

Does anybody know if Metal Slug works with the Hori Wii arcade stick?[/quote]

Dude... lol what are you doing with PS3 games then if you dont have a system to play it with? trading or selling perhaps? in that case PM me :)

I was in Ann Arbor today and stopped by the CC there, not much going on. They had two large bins of clearance games that were mostly your bargain games that all stores are struggling to dispose of. Hopefully all those games are eventually clearanced off at $1 or less each so I can build my fort in the back yard...

I went to cc last night and got Elite beat agents, full auto battlelines, ninety nine nights, metal slug anthology, project sylphead, okami and elebits I also used a 15 off coupon.I was thinking abotu going back and returning them and trying to use one of the 40 off coupons. Do they actually let you use printed ones?

Had some great luck thanks to this thread, and my lazy local CC employees. EVERYTHING was still out on the shelf with full price labels, so I nabbed everything I wanted:

DBZ: BT 2
Elebits
Metal Slug Anth
Lunar Knights
Children of Mana

They had tons of about everything on the list, save for one game. I was extremelly happy I found the last Lunar Knights there. I should probably head back for extra's for trade, now that I think about it. :p

Knew I should have went earlier... :cry:

No Lunar Knights, EBA, Children of Mana, Metal Slug Anthology, or Okami.

I did however pick up Condemned: Criminal Origins, Ninety-Nine Nights, and Tomb Raider: Legend for the 360.

[quote name='kkt']I know it's not a very much sought-after game but has anyone seen the PS3 game "Untold Legends - Dark Kingdom" at his or her local CC? The two CC's in the Twin Cities, MN area that I went to (Maple Grove & Minnetonka) do not even have the label holder for this game.

p.s., In case any one is interested, the CC in Minnetonka, MN still has one copy of Okami.[/quote]

I got the last one in Burnsville- my wife and I love those coop games. Also got the last Armored Core 4, Full Auto 2, Enchanted Arms, Mario & Luigi, and Phoenix Wright Justice for All (was only $11.24) :)

Thanks for the heads up on Okami, I'll have to see how far away that is from Rosemount.

Also used the $15 off purchase of $100- had to add Pirates of the Caribbean 3 (Xmas gift for mom).

Went to my local CC in Troy,MI on 12/8 Sat....

Kind of slim pickings and all of the games STILL had full price on the stickers. LOL Also there was no clearence bin?

Picked up LOTR BfME 2 and Project Slypheed. The funny thing is they both were in the glass case still!!!! HA

Checked out the local CC near my work. They were pretty much cleaned out. I was mainly looking for Elebits and Kororinpa, but they had neither.

There's another CC in town but with the traffic on that road this time of year the deal honestly isn't worth it.

Picked up Elite Beat Agents only. Looked for Okami, but didn't see any. Thought about Metal Slug (only one left) but didn't get it as I don't do well with that series.

Thanks,
Got most of what I wanted:

Elebits
Metal Slug
Marble Mania
Parappa the Rapper
Okami

I have extras of Parappa the Rapper if anyone is looking for one

I'm gonna make one last attempt to find okami tomorrow but I'm not gonna hold my breath. By this time they are probably cleaned out. Anyway would anybody happen to wanna trade okami for a sealed copy of elite beat agents? I know its a long shot just figured I'd ask. :p

[quote name='vinht426']Dude... lol what are you doing with PS3 games then if you dont have a system to play it with? trading or selling perhaps? in that case PM me :)[/QUOTE]

No, I plan on buying a PS3 in 2008, so I just buy the games I find that are $20 or less. I've got Fight Night, Enchanted Arms and Untold Legends. And I'm not trading or selling these games.

I remember back in 2000 when I worked at KB Toys, I bought 3 or 4 games for PS2 when they went down to $20 each even though I didn't own a PS2 until August of that year.

YMMV but I was able to use it today with no hassles...

Printed in color so it looked kinda legit.

Just used it on a Star Wars PSP Bundle.

[quote name='humzai']I went to cc last night and got Elite beat agents, full auto battlelines, ninety nine nights, metal slug anthology, project sylphead, okami and elebits I also used a 15 off coupon.I was thinking abotu going back and returning them and trying to use one of the 40 off coupons. Do they actually let you use printed ones?[/quote]

i saw a few Metal Slug Anthology, Elebits, and Tiger Woods 07. I can pick these up for trades. I would like to have Hotel Dusk sealed. Too bad hotel dusk is gone a month ago.

I went back today and picked up the last Okami in St. Pete, FL. They still had both Metal Slug and Elebits if anyone cares.

woohoo, found a copy of ninety-nine nights. been waiting for this to drop since most accounts say this is a $19 game at best. also picked up project slypheed and lotr: bfme II. wii section was cleaned out completely.

anyone know how good/bad bullet witch is? the gameplay videos didn't look so hot.

Hey can anyone confirm whether or not they actually list the games as $16.96 or will I have to take it to the register as that price?

Thanks a lot, this is an awesome deal! I'm going to CC anyway tomorrow. Will buy Metal Slug if they have it.

[quote name='Oakenshield']Hey can anyone confirm whether or not they actually list the games as $16.96 or will I have to take it to the register as that price?

Thanks a lot, this is an awesome deal! I'm going to CC anyway tomorrow. Will buy Metal Slug if they have it.[/QUOTE]
Helps if you read the thread.

[quote name='sasukekun']Helps if you read the thread.[/quote]

Well I noticed that some people said it had to be taken to the cashier to see the price drop.

I was just wondering if anyone else actually saw the price as $16 on the box. Maybe I did miss something... sorry if I wasted your time. :whistle2:#

[quote name='Oakenshield']Hey can anyone confirm whether or not they actually list the games as $16.96 or will I have to take it to the register as that price?

Thanks a lot, this is an awesome deal! I'm going to CC anyway tomorrow. Will buy Metal Slug if they have it.[/quote]

it actually depends on the store, for mine, there is a little price sticker that says 16.95 that covers the old price of 59.99. However, if you read the thread, there are people here who had to bring the game to the register to get it to sale price. Hope that helsp...

[quote name='vinht426']it actually depends on the store, for mine, there is a little price sticker that says 16.95 that covers the old price of 59.99. However, if you read the thread, there are people here who had to bring the game to the register to get it to sale price. Hope that helsp...[/quote]

Thanks, I basically was wondering if anyone actually saw a price sticker with the sale price on it, and your post helped me out.

I will hopefully buy it tomorrow! I was always kind of interested in buying this game, but the price seemed too high. At $16 though, you can't go wrong really...

[quote name='Oakenshield']Well I noticed that some people said it had to be taken to the cashier to see the price drop.

I was just wondering if anyone else actually saw the price as $16 on the box. Maybe I did miss something... sorry if I wasted your time. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well you can only HOPE your store does not have them tagged at $16.96. Because if they do that and throw them in a bin in the middle of the game section they are most likely to have been picked clean by the hordes that were shopping last weekend (I hit up a CC Saturday evening and it was jam packed - never seen that before).

I've gone to 4 CC's since the new drops happened and 2 stores had them marked correctly (with most of them put in said bin). Fortunately I got to one of those stores the first day and had a pretty good selection. When I checked it out a few days later it was nearly barren. In contrast, a store that still had them locked up in the case looked nearly untouched.

From my little sample of 4 stores, I'd say the hardest game to get from this sale is Kororpina. Fortunately I found one the first day but haven't so much as seen it since then. And as someone else said, the Wii sections seem to get cleared out fastest (especially when marked correctly). So much for that "low attach rate" meme - I think Wii software sells just fine.

I was wondering if anyone knew why some price stickers print out in blue. Is this indicative of anything, or just my store having an odd machine?

[quote name='io']So much for that "low attach rate" meme - I think Wii software sells just fine.[/QUOTE]

Only if the games are decent. There are a lot of junk games marked down to $20, which sit on the shelves for months. Avatar has been $16.96 for quite a while now, and I haven't seen any copies move from my local CC. This was one of the first good sales for Wii games because the selection was decent. The only other time I was looking for a Wii game and couldn't get it was Trauma Center New Blood for the buy SMG get one 1/2 off deal. I had to go to a second TRU to get it. You have to take this into account: there are a lot of hoarders out there. So, a sale on decent or good Wii games is not a tell-all indicator of Wii games sales. From a sample of Wii owners I know, they certainly buy a lot less Wii software than 360 software. If the person around me is a Wii-only owner and is a "casual" gamer, then he only owns 1 or 2 games (one of them being Wii Sports).

[quote name='opportunity777']Only if the games are decent. There are a lot of junk games marked down to $20, which sit on the shelves for months. Avatar has been $16.96 for quite a while now, and I haven't seen any copies move from my local CC. This was one of the first good sales for Wii games because the selection was decent. The only other time I was looking for a Wii game and couldn't get it was Trauma Center New Blood for the buy SMG get one 1/2 off deal. I had to go to a second TRU to get it. You have to take this into account: there are a lot of hoarders out there. So, a sale on decent or good Wii games is not a tell-all indicator of Wii games sales. From a sample of Wii owners I know, they certainly buy a lot less Wii software than 360 software. If the person around me is a Wii-only owner and is a "casual" gamer, then he only owns 1 or 2 games (one of them being Wii Sports).[/quote]

Actually I see most any Wii software move out fast, even the crap titles, so don't buy into this 'low attachment rate' BS. Also keep in mind that the people around your age are not the atypical Wii owners. A good chunk of the Wii's installed base isn't the classic gamer. A lot of families and the older generation own it, and their all too happy to pick up and try out a lot of decent or sub par titles, so I'd say the attachment rate is pretty good. Heck it's right in front of your face really, even if there are the occasional Hoarders I doubt they clean out the full priced Target cabinets.

If anyone is in Vegas, I checked the locations on Tropical and Maryland. Tropical was pretty picked over. Maryland still had some titles (of note were the ps3 titles in the OP). They are sitting in a bin though and marked as 16.96 so would assume they will be gone soon. Was really only looking for Elebits and had no luck.

bread's done
Back