Circuit City / Game Rush Combo Deal = Disney's Party 4X Value

sav2880

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
This one takes advantage of two deals out there right now:

* Buy Disney's Party from Circuit City, it's one of the $4.99 games.
* Trade it in at a Game Rush

Game Rush gave me $21 in trade in credit for this game, so you quadruple your money. Combine this with the Trade in 2, get one PO game for $9.99 and you can really do some damage.

GR is never YMMV, it's a nationwide pricing. It just means sav2880 or someone else pushed the game over the threshhold a la Rogue Ops a while back.

PS - There are 2 threads about Gamerush, one about general deals and one actually about prices. This is not news worthy enough to garner it's own thread.

I agree that this didn't need it's own thread but since it's here....

I was told $8 as well on the 5th how in god's name would someone get $21.

[quote name='jshorr']I agree that this didn't need it's own thread but since it's here....

I was told $8 as well on the 5th how in god's name would someone get $21.[/quote]

Truthfully, luck, cause I believe (I'd have to look at my receipts) that on the 4th I got $23 for one, and then on the 5th I got $21 .... so apparently a lot of other CAG's whom don't post got in on this, and there went the TIC value.

And according to another GR manager today, Madden 2004 on XB is fetching $18 in credit ... so maybe that's a game that hasn't gone over that mark yet too.

I was denied the Game Rush trade 2 get one for 9.99 deal yesterday. The clerk told me they have instituted a 2 time limit on the deal per account.

Hahaha, bmulligan, don't tell me this was the Brighton store again! That place has made up it's own rules for the last month+. I swear everytime I go in I have to hear about some new safety measure they've added because "corporate is making them". It's funny how "corporate" only cracks down on the Brighton store, while every other Gamerush I go to has no limits on any of these deals.

First it was if you buy a used game there and you try to trade it in anytime within 30 days, you can only get $10 for it. Makes sense, I was fine with this. Of course, the jackass employee then informed me that Blockbuster might go into my account and change previous trade-in values to $10, making this new rule retroactive. Bullshit.

Then they stopped accepting PS1 games for the Trade 2, Get 1 for $9.99 deal. It was then that I took my $92 on my account and put it on a stored value card.

Then they limit the number of one title you can trade in to 2, per title, per account. Darn, guess I can't bring a Madden 2002 with me every trip now.

Next they won't let you purchase any one particular title more than 2 times per account. Meh, oh well.

But now this. What a freaking joke. They're used games, pretty much pure profit. Unless the customer uses his leftover credit to purchase new DVDs (which nobody would, since they're a rip off at Blockbuster) or new games (a possibility) Blockbuster really isn't losing anything. The customer will just be pouring his credit back in to preowned merchandise.

I know these have to mostly be the work of a certain heavyset middle aged Gamerush worker at the Brighton Blockbuster. The same jackass who told me that my account balance would be changed so the next time I came in I'd owe the store money. Most of the other people I've dealt with at that store are extremely pleasant and friendly. I really don't think I'll be shopping there much in the future.

Hey drfrielgood, do not get me started about the Brighton store. These idiots called the police on me and some friends about a month ago. My friend had brought up like 15 games to the counter then he went out to the car to get his trades while I waited in the store. I saw the guy get on the phone and the employees were surveying us. Me and my other friend are thinking something odd is going on. So we go back out to the car. While we are in the car, two police cruisers pull up to the parking lot, and we are like what the hell so we quickly leave the store and these cruisers follow us to the city limits. I still have no idea why they called the police. Just because my friend was being greedy doesn't mean he is commiting a crime. I would advise anyone in the Metro Detroit area to avoid the Brighton and Orion Township locations. Orion is a whole other story, but basically those idiots got us banned and their employees are the rudest I have ever encountered at Gamerush. Before I was banned from trading, I found that the best Gamerushs as far as this deal is concerned were the Bloomfield Hills, Pontiac, and Clarkston.

Have you guys tried making complaints with Blockbuster's website? This stuff is pretty outrageous to be going on. Gamerush is so stupid on their latest paperwork it says limit 2 games per day for a maximum of 20 per day (think it's supposed to say month.) The limits in one store near me are 2 of the same gamer per day, max 2 9.99 deals per day. I am going to keep going back to this same store because the employees are cool. I went to another one once where the manager was completely hostlile, didn't like that me and my friends were getting a lot of games and called the other location to see if we had traded anything into them that day (unbelievable) and when she found out we had she denied our trades.

This is more than likely not your YMMV. I've never seen people get different trade in prices on games here before. They just notched it down. Like JAMMR said about the Rogue Ops game. I traded two or three in one day and got $25 a piece, then two days later I traded one in and got like $3. I think tuesday night is when they update trade in prices.

Ya, some employee attitudes at Gamerush and BB seem to vary from time to time.

Just recently I went to BB and met with this HUGE Jackass of a person, middle-aged white guy who was an insane asshole. (I am 17 and have full rights to rent R-Movies on my account) yet, he called my parents and had them COME TO THE STORE to let me rent the video. It was pretty damn funny, since we came in next day and demanded an explanation and they erased all $20 in overdue fees, and gave us 4 free rentals for all the hassle they caused.

I then talked to another employee who was much nicer, and said they dont require you to have R-Movies enabled for all permutations of an account.

*end rant*

But man those Game Rush employees sound like assholes.

And on a seperate note are Game Rush's actual stores or just inside of Blockbusters?

And on a seperate note are Game Rush's actual stores or just inside of Blockbusters?

They are inside the stores, as apart of a section near the rental section.

[quote name='"bmulligan"']I was denied the Game Rush trade 2 get one for 9.99 deal yesterday. The clerk told me they have instituted a 2 time limit on the deal per account.[/quote]

BURRRRNNNED
I feel sorry for you, maybe you should find a mom and pop retailer like Game Force or GameXchange to dump to.

[quote name='"jshorr"']Have you guys tried making complaints with Blockbuster's website? This stuff is pretty outrageous to be going on. Gamerush is so stupid on their latest paperwork it says limit 2 games per day for a maximum of 20 per day (think it's supposed to say month.) The limits in one store near me are 2 of the same gamer per day, max 2 9.99 deals per day. I am going to keep going back to this same store because the employees are cool. I went to another one once where the manager was completely hostlile, didn't like that me and my friends were getting a lot of games and called the other location to see if we had traded anything into them that day (unbelievable) and when she found out we had she denied our trades.[/quote]

No its probally per day, because there are multiple blockbusters in each city canibilizing of each other. But thats another story. Not that I would go to multiple CrackBusters.

bread's done
Back