Circuit City Going out of business...

Now I feel kinda crappy after all those times of being too lazy to go to Circuit City and PMing at Bestbuy. Circuit city always had better deals on games than Bestbuy. I have a feeling it won't be good for Blockbuster as well since their chains are dwindling as well all thanks to Netflix and are barely being kept alive by Gamecrazy

Now I got to cue up "Ain't No Love In the Heart of the City" by Bobby Blue Bland. What about the gift cards since the store is going out of business.

This is literally the third or fourth time this has been posted. They haven't gone out of business yet. They are simply letting Blockbuster look at their accounting books.

Newsflash: Blockbuster itself is in debt. How anyone believes that Blockbuster somehow has the finances to purchase Circuit City is beyond me.

[quote name='mtxbass1']This is literally the third or fourth time this has been posted. They haven't gone out of business yet. They are simply letting Blockbuster look at their accounting books.

Newsflash: Blockbuster itself is in debt. How anyone believes that Blockbuster somehow has the finances to purchase Circuit City is beyond me.[/quote]

They must feel it is easier to kill two birds with one stone

CC aight.

They just need to hire people who aren't complete retards.

Oh, and opening up a register other than the one at customer service.

[quote name='Matarick']Now I got to cue up "Ain't No Love In the Heart of the City" by Bobby Blue Bland. What about the gift cards since the store is going out of business.[/quote]

I think another song is necessary... "What is love?" by Genesis (i think)...

anyways...

WHAT IS LOVE?!?!?!?!?
BABY DON'T HURT ME, DON'T HURT ME, NO MORE!!!!

OOooOOooO

[quote name='Hybrid5006']I think another song is necessary... "What is love?" by Genesis (i think)...

anyways...

WHAT IS LOVE?!?!?!?!?
BABY DON'T HURT ME, DON'T HURT ME, NO MORE!!!!

OOooOOooO[/quote]

Haddaway actually :)

[quote name='Nikadimas']Ha! I LOLed, and I don't do that often.[/quote]

You're not the only one. :lol:.
I'll probably laugh again if Best Buy buys out Circuit City for 110% of the price Blockbuster is buying them out for.

In for 872, as that is the total of my Blockbuster store credit right now...come on CC get bought out!!!!! I wanna spend my BB store credit in your stores NOAAAAAWWWW!!!!

[quote name='eliter1']Been a member since 2004 an you post this on the deals section.... WoW![/quote]

You've been a member since 2007, and you're a moron.

What's your point?

[quote name='gotrice415510']are u serious.... i live directly next to circuit city, i walk there all the time! and now its gonna die[/quote]

It's probably not going to close (unless Blockbuster downsizes) it will just either change in name, appearance, or policies.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Newsflash: Blockbuster itself is in debt. How anyone believes that Blockbuster somehow has the finances to purchase Circuit City is beyond me.[/quote]K-Mart and Sears deju vu, anyone?

[quote name='mtxbass1']Blockbuster itself is in debt. How anyone believes that Blockbuster somehow has the finances to purchase Circuit City is beyond me.[/quote]

If you bothered to read the article, you'd know that Blockbuster's #1 shareholder is going to put up the capital.

[quote name='djkunai']If you bothered to read the article, you'd know that Blockbuster's #1 shareholder is going to put up the capital.[/quote]

:roll:

They've been saying this for over a month now. Follow the markets some time and you will know this.

I hope they do, just so both businesses can die. Blockbuster has a dead business model and Circuit City continues to barely eek out a profit.

[quote name='Megalith']Oh, and opening up a register other than the one at customer service.[/quote]

this is why i never shop there; i never know if i'm supposed to just check out at the customer service or what. and there's never anyone else there buying stuff for me to get clues from and the employees are always huddled together in conversation.

This might be good I hope. Wait so there will be no more block busters just a super chain combined of CC and BB. Wow how weird CC plus BB. I feel bad now, because I felt like I should've went to Circuit City more.

[quote name='crazylikeafox11']this is why i never shop there; i never know if i'm supposed to just check out at the customer service or what. and there's never anyone else there buying stuff for me to get clues from and the employees are always huddled together in conversation.[/quote]
same. And the CS people never know about deals going on (the additional 25% off clearance games, for instance) and they have to do it manually. And by they I mean me with a calculator. I always did the math for them & then told them $1 less than what it actually was for making me do the damn math in the first place. :bomb:

[quote name='katzd2007']Circuit City may not be called "The City" anymore but BlockRush (Blockbuster - GameRush Get it?)
Ok well not exactly, but Blockbuster did buy them so new deals are going to come in the coming months...[/quote]

i work with circuit city, and they are NOT going out of business. blockbuster also has not bought them yet. where exactly do you see a link between them opening their books and going out of business?

[quote name='opterasis']Watch out, Circtuit City has been using Bait and Switch tactics on this deal![/QUOTE]

[quote name='CombatCraig']Will Best Buy PM this?[/QUOTE]

lol, these were great! :)

bread's done
Back