Circuit City has Nintendo Wiis

I have no intentions of buying one, but thanks anyway. There are supposedly some at the Tuscaloosa, AL store. Good Luck.

[quote name='menikmati']no wai?[/QUOTE]
yes because i work for them and they get truck shipments 2 times a week usually wednesday.. and one of the distributions had 1052 wiis in stock.. and i check inventory and its only for mid atlantic region

[quote name='Blade70']Out of stock in my area(91745)[/QUOTE]

Mine too (48602).

I don't know why one of these sites doesn't just do a waiting list for people who are still looking... like Amazon could just let people order and say "you are 3,000th in line to get the Wii", something you could check every day to see how close you're getting.

It's more crazy that people still want one considering it's currently a gimmick system at best. In hindsight, I probably would have waited another year before throwing down $$$ on it.

[quote name='opportunity777']It's more crazy that people still want one considering it's currently a gimmick system at best. In hindsight, I probably would have waited another year before throwing down $$$ on it.[/QUOTE]

People want somethin' different alot of people haven't experience games. In the United States their are 300 million people out of those their have only been about 1 million nintendo wiis. Still not enough to meet demand. Factor that many old school nintendo games on NES use to sell in the 5-6 million people want there games back and thats whats making the wii a big hit along with the virtual console and at 300 its still cheap.. People are paying 400-500 for a treo and even 400 for an ipod when the nintendo wii for 400 can give you hours of fun.. The choice goes to the Wii...

thanks for the link, but sold out in my area.

PS3 out of stock too... I thought these were supposedly readily available now?

[quote name='OGHowie']thanks for the link, but sold out in my area.

PS3 out of stock too... I thought these were supposedly readily available now?[/quote]

the ps3s are so spammed in my area every other game store i go into has a huge sign outside the store saying ps3 get em now.

i called my local gamestop for a wii and when they picked up the phone they said "welcome to gamestop where we have ps3s readily available, but we are sorry wii's are all sold out".

that's rich.

Keep in mind that Xbox 360s were scarce well into March with a similar release date, so this could go on at least that long, perhaps longer if demand still continues to be crazy.

[quote name='opportunity777']It's more crazy that people still want one considering it's currently a gimmick system at best. In hindsight, I probably would have waited another year before throwing down $$$ on it.[/quote]

I second that. I will wait until all the good games come out (Smash Bros, Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, Metroid, etc..). I am surprised the Wii is selling so well considering that the only killer App is Zelda (which you can buy for gamecube)

This is not a gimmick system at all, any more than the DS or any other system really. It has a huge game library already between GC and VC and Wario Smooth Moves is one of the most fun games in a long time.

[quote name='simpsonps121']It says available in my area, but it is out of stock when I call. :whistle2:(

Oh well,
Matthew[/quote]

If you have the time, go over there. I had CC tell me several times that they did not have Wiis when iTrackr was showing that they did. Needless to say, they were lying, they did have them in stock.

Just wanted to say thanks to the poster and this thread. Yesterday according to WiSeeker, my CC had wi's in stock, but after going there I was told they had none.

So after seeing this thread and the link, I decided to stop by again. After being told by 3 different floor employees that they had none, I decided to just stop my customer service and thell them that according to ther online site, they had wis in stock. He then checked the computer,walked to the back and came out with my Wi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus, the $40 off printed coupon worked with no problem at all.

[quote name='alangst']Just wanted to say thanks to the poster and this thread. Yesterday according to WiSeeker, my CC had wi's in stock, but after going there I was told they had none.

So after seeing this thread and the link, I decided to stop by again. After being told by 3 different floor employees that they had none, I decided to just stop my customer service and thell them that according to ther online site, they had wis in stock. He then checked the computer,walked to the back and came out with my Wi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus, the $40 off printed coupon worked with no problem at all.[/quote]that's awesome. I ordered one from Amazon on Tuesday. Should be here any minute. The anticipation is killing me

I called again. Different person, same answer. He said the online is usually wrong...

Whatever... I wish they would let me go through their store.... I bet it is in the back somewhere. heh
Take Care,
Matthew

My store shows up as having them in stock.

When I went there and asked them they said they had 2 in stock but they were for pre-orders. Since when does Circuit City do pre-orders?

[quote name='brodewald']My store shows up as having them in stock.

When I went there and asked them they said they had 2 in stock but they were for pre-orders. Since when does Circuit City do pre-orders?[/QUOTE]

They don't do preorders.. Its mangement holding for friends. and family .. One guy in mangement in cali got fired for doing some shady stuff with the ps3s and got caught... Somethin' must be up... good luck gettin one.

[quote name='adidas']They don't do preorders.. Its mangement holding for friends. and family .. One guy in mangement in cali got fired for doing some shady stuff with the ps3s and got caught... Somethin' must be up... good luck gettin one.[/quote]

Thanks for the info. I'll see what I can do.

[quote name='jollydwarf']I'd narc as high up and as often as you could on that "preorder" bullshit. fuck their shady asses up but good.[/quote]

Thanks man, I'm working on it as we speak.

Looks like you really came through there adidas, so thanks alot. I had been shopping around for a Wii with a friend of mine that wanted one and had had no luck on 3 separate occasions.

[quote name='jollydwarf']I'd narc as high up and as often as you could on that "preorder" bullshit. fuck their shady asses up but good.[/quote]

Agreed. When CC was pulling this shit on me last week, I went to a manager and made them show me the store inventory in person. It turns out that they didn't have any (by the time I got there at least), but they ended up admitting that they had gotten 10 in that day and sold out. I had been told 5 times over the phone that they didn't have any.

The moral is don't trust anyone over the phone. They are just trying to get you off the phone or hold onto Wiis for friends. Go to the store and find out the story for yourself.

[quote name='lebowsky']Agreed. When CC was pulling this shit on me last week, I went to a manager and made them show me the store inventory in person. It turns out that they didn't have any (by the time I got there at least), but they ended up admitting that they had gotten 10 in that day and sold out. I had been told 5 times over the phone that they didn't have any.

The moral is don't trust anyone over the phone. They are just trying to get you off the phone or hold onto Wiis for friends. Go to the store and find out the story for yourself.[/QUOTE]

Off topic, but is there a way to track PS3s or Wii at ToysRUs?

[quote name='OGHowie']Off topic, but is there a way to track PS3s or Wii at ToysRUs?[/quote]

Wii Seeker (http://www.ps3seeker.com/wii/) includes TRU, but it's not very accurate. They basically use all sources (messageboards, inventory, rumors, etc.) to guess where Wiis will be available.

FWIW, it seems like the Wii supply is started to ramp up somewhat. I've seen them at Best Buy and Target in the last few days (snagged one for my in-laws) and that was totally coincidental - I was just going in to buy a game.

I called the CC in Beltsville Maryland which at the time showed on that web site as having stock, but they said they didn't have any and hadn't got any that day. I went anyway, as suggested, and asked at the customer service counter, toting a printout of the web pages stock indication with me, showing it to them. They said they didn't have any and that they had been getting calls all morning about it and they didn't know why the web page listed them as having stock. I asked if they would look in the back anyway and they said that they had looked in the back and they really had none. They actually seemed pretty straight about it. They sounded like they were getting worn out from all the calls, but they were polite anyway. Amazing! Or maybe they were being nice because they were going to be taking their new Wii's home tonight. ;^) I checked again on the web page and now they are listed as not having stock.

[quote name='dallen']that's awesome. I ordered one from Amazon on Tuesday. Should be here any minute. The anticipation is killing me[/quote]

Enjoy the excitement while it lasts. Wii fever dies pretty quick.

[quote name='screwkick']Enjoy the excitement while it lasts. Wii fever dies pretty quick.[/QUOTE]

Don't let this guy bring you down. In HIS OPINION it does. I got one at launch and still love it.

Yeah my circuit city about 45 mins from my house well isn't on the website :lol:
(Wilkes Barre PA), but Wal Mart is getting 20+ at every store on sunday in my area (Wilkes Barre, Hazleton and Bloomsburg PA), so well... Although well are the fucking points cards, I checked a wal mart, eb, k-mar, and gamestop today and nothing.

Wow - Picked up the last one at CC. My kids loved it. My wife came into the room and for the first time in her life, played a game. I had to sit and watch...

hehe
Matthew

In my area (Louisville) Wiitracker is showing up as all Walmarts all getting 20+ Wiis for Sunday like a previous poster said... Should be like that all around the country. So yeah heads up.

bread's done
Back