circuit city hd DVD 50% off starting 3/30 [repost see above sticky]

Status
Not open for further replies.

andysavestheday

CAGiversary!
cc will be selling all hd DVDs for half off for one week and then will be shipping them all back after that. No great deals but some better prices than amazon like blade runner for 17.50.

Heres a screen cap of the add:

50ccityim0.jpg

[quote name='gkrykewy']I really hate this policy of expecting everyone to look in all the ad threads.

Thanks, OP - would have missed this otherwise.[/quote]

Agreed. Thanks OP.

The people that tend to smugly point out previous threads are among the most annoying people on this board. Especially when they are the first to reply to a thread.

[quote name='gkrykewy']I really hate this policy of expecting everyone to look in all the ad threads.

Thanks, OP - would have missed this otherwise.[/quote]It's stickied on top, where anyone can see it.

Would flashing neon signs be better for you, or a PM of the ad in your Inbox?

They're at the top so we don't have lots of other threads cluttering up the forum.

[quote name='afroabdul']The people that tend to smugly point out previous threads are among the most annoying people on this board. Especially when they are the first to reply to a thread.[/quote]How hard is it to read the stickied thread at the top of the forum? Speedy takes time out of his day to get us this info in advance, and in a nice, easy-to-read format. What else do you need?

Like Shrike said, the threads are stickied at the top of the forum for a reason. :roll:

BB/Target/CC weekly ads all together in harmony. :grouphug:

[quote name='shrike4242'] What else do you need?[/quote]

More smugness.

When I'm looking for deals on HD-DVD, I will always go to a post that has HD-DVD in the title. This way I don't have to sift through dvd and cd prices as speedy's posts always include. It's much easier to find what I'm looking for if there is a thread focused on it.

I didnt and still don't see 50% off HD DVDs anywhere on main DVD deal page. Most people don't look at specific store ad threads, this was for those lazy people like me that never would have known without posting it as well. I'm one of those lazy people, so i posted it for my fellow lazys.

And no ill will to one dude with the weird icon, but u are one of my most hated posters on this site. Get over yourself and show some respect to your fellow cheapasses instead of pooping on peoples threads and always having to be right.
I'm not a CAG noob that has one post asking for "dealz on wiis or gta4."

A simple "heres a link to the rest of the ad" would have been fine.

I think it is 50% off sticker price.

[quote name='afroabdul']More smugness.

When I'm looking for deals on HD-DVD, I will always go to a post that has HD-DVD in the title. This way I don't have to sift through dvd and cd prices as speedy's posts always include. It's much easier to find what I'm looking for if there is a thread focused on it.[/quote]

Same here sir. I never look through those for the same reason. Theres so much junk that I just want to skim and see the HD titled ones. I would of missed it as well. Thanks op!

I do see your point shrike, But if its an HD sale, and not broken apart severely like " Shakira AT CC this WEEK 1.4% off" I think it should be Ok.

[quote name='NJMane']Did anyone else notice that it Excludes Shrek the Third and Beowulf. Whats that about?[/QUOTE]

Shrek is about a big green Ogre and Beowulf a white guy who yells "I AM BEOWULF"

[quote name='Lice']Same here sir. I never look through those for the same reason. Theres so much junk that I just want to skim and see the HD titled ones. I would of missed it as well. Thanks op!

I do see your point shrike, But if its an HD sale, and not broken apart severely like " Shakira AT CC this WEEK 1.4% off" I think it should be Ok.[/QUOTE]

Just as a friendly suggestion in case you or someone didnt know.
Hit "Ctrl" and "F" at the same time and type in HD, click "find next" and your off.

I too dont always want to search the complete (wonderful) thread Speedy takes tiem to post. I find this method helps me save some serious time.

[quote name='Snake2715']Just as a friendly suggestion in case you or someone didnt know.
Hit "Ctrl" and "F" at the same time and type in HD, click "find next" and your off.

I too dont always want to search the complete (wonderful) thread Speedy takes tiem to post. I find this method helps me save some serious time.[/quote]

what is this "Ctrl" you speak of? /sarcasm

Why should I do that when good people like the OP here make a thread focused on the HD-DVD deals. It saves me time.

Once again, thanks OP!

[quote name='shrike4242']It's stickied on top, where anyone can see it.

Would flashing neon signs be better for you, or a PM of the ad in your Inbox?

They're at the top so we don't have lots of other threads cluttering up the forum.

How hard is it to read the stickied thread at the top of the forum? Speedy takes time out of his day to get us this info in advance, and in a nice, easy-to-read format. What else do you need?[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

If it's too much trouble to look through the first post of two threads a week to find game and DVD deals, you're better off at someplace like FW that will cater to your lazy ass.

BTW - it took me all of ten seconds to read speedy's ad. Dear god, the laziness of you people.

[quote name='andysavestheday']

And no ill will to one dude with the weird icon, but u are one of my most hated posters on this site. Get over yourself and show some respect to your fellow cheapasses instead of pooping on peoples threads and always having to be right.
[/QUOTE]

He's a former mod and one of the most respected members here.

If you don't like that, then get out.

[quote name='afroabdul']More smugness.

When I'm looking for deals on HD-DVD, I will always go to a post that has HD-DVD in the title. This way I don't have to sift through dvd and cd prices as speedy's posts always include. It's much easier to find what I'm looking for if there is a thread focused on it.[/quote]

ctrl-f. learn it. use it. it's your friend.

IF you go on to CC website they have a bunch of HD DVD's listed as "Our Price" are they going to take the 50% off of this or are they going to go back to list price? (I never shop at Circuit City so I dont know what they typically do in these type of circumstances.)

[quote name='CocheseUGA']He's a former mod and one of the most respected members here.

If you don't like that, then get out.[/QUOTE]

I was just about to say the same thing. Seconded.

[quote name='NJMane']IF you go on to CC website they have a bunch of HD DVD's listed as "Our Price" are they going to take the 50% off of this or are they going to go back to list price? (I never shop at Circuit City so I dont know what they typically do in these type of circumstances.)[/quote]There are some thinking they might jack the prices up slightly before putting them at half off, but I'm thinking it'll be 50% off listed price since they're blowing them out, not 50% of MSRP. And from what I've gathered, online will be limited selection as to which HD DVDs are 50% off from what some users have posted.

And is it really that hard to skim the weekly ads in the stickies? It's not like Speedy makes those threads a big block of messy text. The HD movie sales are separated out from the rest with the exception of new releases & his post is as easy to read as the ad itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back