Circuit City honoring lower price on erroneously priced 32GB Vita memory cards

[quote name='gbatemper']I'm probably gonna call tommorow, since I didn't get a call yet.
Do You need to have your credit card ready?, or will they just order using your account info[/QUOTE]

They needed to take my info again (billing/shipping address and CC info) so you should have your card ready.

I can also confirm I had to call them (Tigerdirect) to get things in motion. Not sure why they aren't contacting us like they said they would... oh well at least I get my deal!

I had to contact them again about it through email before I got another response. Bit more of a hassle to get this deal, but it was worth it in retrospect.

Oh, and to those of you who were talking about the posters at gamefaqs trying to kill the deal when it first came up, it wasn't our intention, or at least mine, to kill it. All we wanted was to make sure we were getting what we wanted for that price. Glad we were able to get this deal.

[quote name='fortunado']I've e-mailed twice but haven't heard anything back. Looks like I will need to call them today.[/QUOTE]

Why not call the first time? Emailing companies and expecting prompt service is... asinine in my opinion. No offense to you personally.

I usually e-mail because I hate talking to CS reps and because I've had pretty good results with Amazon & Best Buy; but yeah, I understand what you're saying.

Edit: So I called and I just gave them my buy.com order # and they were able to look up my old order. She then found that my order had indeed been re-placed (I guess by my clicking the e-mail link) and said they were just waiting on payment. Funny, like everyone else, I never was told that. They were able to take payment on it at the $39.99 price + tax. I should have it soon I hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fortunado']I usually e-mail because I hate talking to CS reps and because I've had pretty good results with Amazon & Best Buy; but yeah, I understand what you're saying.

Edit: So I called and I just gave them my buy.com order # and they were able to look up my old order. She then found that my order had indeed been re-placed (I guess by my clicking the e-mail link) and said they were just waiting on payment. Funny, like everyone else, I never was told that. They were able to take payment on it at the $39.99 price + tax. I should have it soon I hope.[/QUOTE]

They shipped mine the same day I called. Received it three days later, pretty quick IMO.

Got my card today, yay.

So to summarize; I ordered from Tigerdirect through Buy.com. They sent me an email saying sorry it was a mistake. Then Tigerdirect emailed me saying they would honor it, but I had to cancel the current order first buy clicking on the link in the email. After that I waited a week to be contacted, was never contacted, so I emailed customer support giving them my full order number and info (minus credit card info). They emailed me back saying I had to call them, and they gave me a new order number. I called, a (quite rude) customer support woman took my credit card info and said it was on its way. They never gave me any kind of tracking info, and the order didn't show up in my account history. Came in the mail three days later.

Hope this info helps out anyone with questions.

[quote name='stvalmass']Got my card today, yay.

So to summarize; I ordered from Tigerdirect through Buy.com. They sent me an email saying sorry it was a mistake. Then Tigerdirect emailed me saying they would honor it, but I had to cancel the current order first buy clicking on the link in the email. After that I waited a week to be contacted, was never contacted, so I emailed customer support giving them my full order number and info (minus credit card info). They emailed me back saying I had to call them, and they gave me a new order number. I called, a (quite rude) customer support woman took my credit card info and said it was on its way. They never gave me any kind of tracking info, and the order didn't show up in my account history. Came in the mail three days later.

Hope this info helps out anyone with questions.[/QUOTE]

Summarizes my experience except I had to call three times, never emailed them.

I just assumed these were taking a while to fulfill, glad I checked this thread again. I emailed them now, we'll see where it goes from here. So far I haven't received a memory card or any sort of refund.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']I just assumed these were taking a while to fulfill, glad I checked this thread again. I emailed them now, we'll see where it goes from here. So far I haven't received a memory card or any sort of refund.[/QUOTE]

Emailing them won't do much. You'll have to call.

Well as recommended I called, but I'm not sure what will end up happening. Since I never received my refund on the original order (the Wipeout that shipped and was refused delivery) I had to deal with that first, but I think they've finally got that straightened out. He wanted to replace the 32 GB card order for another at $100 and I told them no way. Eventually, it seemed like they got the hint and he said it would be a few days before they know if they can send me one at the cheaper rate. The only thing I'm worried about is my credit card numbers have changed since last month so I'm hoping there is something I have to do to verify the new charge, if they use the old numbers it will get rejected.

Well after I don't know how many calls the replacement Vita card order finally is on its way. Though for 4 dollars more than the first one, but that is a fight for another day.

Unfortunately, I still haven't been refunded for the original order that was Wipeout. Tiger Direct is now telling me to contact Buy.com. I'll give them awhile and then I'll file a Marketplace Claim against Tiger Direct with Buy.com or dispute the charge with my credit card company.

bread's done
Back