Circuit City is cheapass gaming heaven right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braden

CAGiversary!
I'm sure that most of you have already seen these deals posted on the main page, BUT!...

...most of them show that they are SOLD OUT on Circuit City's website!

Still, there is hope!

I went into my local Circuit City yesterday to see if they still had any of the following games in stock that were advertised cheap on this website, but were sold out on THEIR website. I found the following (all for PS2, btw)-

Alter Echo- Priced @ $20, but rang up for $10
Breath Of Fire: Dragon Quarter- Priced @ $30, but rang up for $10
Tenchu: Wrath Of Heaven- Priced @ 40, but rang up for $15
Wild Arms 3- Priced @ $30, but rang up for $10
Zone Of The Enders: The 2nd Runner- Priced @ $30, but rang up for a cool $15!

And lastly, for you Gamecube owners...

I found a copy of Resident Evil: RE pricemarked @ $30, but ringing up for $20! I brought this up to them, on the wim, that as it was an older game, it would probably ring up cheaper than marked. I was right!

I dropped a little less than $90 (after tax), but walked out with 6, count 'em, SIX!, "decent to good to GREAT!" games!!!

That averages out to less than $15 per game people!

The guy that scanned them for me even admitted that they had some Re-pricing to do! So, now is the time to hit Circuit City! Before they catch up with their pricing, and other shoppers SEE the bargains!

If you have a CC in your town, do as I did...

Start by searching their website games (even if they show that they are "out of stock"!), then compile a list of what you want. Go to the store and hunt them down. Take a pile of games up to a clerk, or register, regardless of the "marked" price, and have that person scan them. They should match the website price. @ least they have @ my local CC here in Springfield, MO.!

Don't waste another minute. Plan your strategy now as Black Friday's coming and after that, they may be GONE, due to all of the bargain shoppers!!!

~~When life gives you lemons, return 'em @ Wal-Mart for higher credit! LOL~~

[quote name='gamefreak117']I tried to buy a copy of Red Faction II (Xbox) earlier, but the guy at the counter said that I needed an ID saying I was over 18 because it was rated M, so I couldn't buy it. I'm 15... :(. At the same CC, I bought Diablo II when it first came out, Unreal Championship, and Max Payne for Xbox... Probably some people are too legit.[/quote]

You should try again or get someone else to...RFII (XBX) is worth the $15. It's not the best looking game, but it's fun. Interesting voiceover cast too with Jason Statham and Lance Henriksen.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='gamefreak117']I tried to buy a copy of Red Faction II (Xbox) earlier, but the guy at the counter said that I needed an ID saying I was over 18 because it was rated M, so I couldn't buy it. I'm 15... :(. At the same CC, I bought Diablo II when it first came out, Unreal Championship, and Max Payne for Xbox... Probably some people are too legit.[/quote]

You should try again or get someone else to...RFII (XBX) is worth the $15. It's not the best looking game, but it's fun. Interesting voiceover cast too with Jason Statham and Lance Henriksen.[/quote]

I played it at a friends house when he rented it, thanks for the advice :wink:

^also Matt Hoffman Pro Bmx 2 is $5. I bought 2.

[quote name='famousmort']Deal dead?

I just visited CC's website, and these deals appear to be gone. I'll find out for sure tomorrow.[/quote]

They have been sold out of most of them online for some time now. And yes, they have removed quite a few of the listings. But if the games are still at the local store, I suspect the prices we have listed here are still valid.

the deals are still valid as far as i know you just have to search you local CC and see what they have left...

[quote name='gugaplex']Anyone happen to catch the price on panzer dragoon orta for xbox?[/quote]

$29.99, priced as marked. SoA:L (GC) was also priced as marked, $49.99, I believe.

Both prices checked Saturday evening, December 6.

[quote name='Buzz Beer']I picked-up:

- Alter Echo (Xbox)
- Freaky Flyers (Xbox)
- NASCAR Heat 2002 (Xbox)
- Murakumo (Xbox)
- WWE Crush Hour (GameCube)
- Wave Race: Blue Storm (GameCube)
- Drome Racers (GameBoy Advance)

For less than $55.[/quote]

Is Murakumo worth picking up? I just got Gungrave for $10 and it's freakin awesome.

Went today. Since website no longer shows good prices, I couldn't print out anything to take with me.
How my picks rang up:

ZOE: 2nd runner- $15
Tenchu WoH- $15
Capcom vs SNK (XB)- $20
Wreckless (XB)- $20

Guess you know which two I bought ;)

I bought wreckless for 5 Dollars. I like the look the guy gave me when it scaned as $5. I desperately wanted Capcom vs. Snk but my store hardly organizes their games at all. Sometimes you lucky and others you dont.

Because CC fails to update their marked prices regularly, you can sometimes find some neat older games. For example, I saw Mister Mosquito for $10, Forever Kingdom and The Bouncer for $40, and a few other RPGs that you don't typically see anymore. Too bad many of their marked prices are also the actual prices, though.

[quote name='famousmort']Went today. Since website no longer shows good prices, I couldn't print out anything to take with me.
How my picks rang up:

ZOE: 2nd runner- $15
Tenchu WoH- $15
Capcom vs SNK (XB)- $20
Wreckless (XB)- $20

Guess you know which two I bought ;)[/quote]

Yeah, good thing you didn't let yourself get hosed on CvSNK2EO or Wreckless for those prices when they were $10 and $5 respectively the week before.

I found another Gem (not sure if this has been mentioned) in CC this morning.

Gitaroo Man for PS2, $20.

Awesome deal on this sleeper :)

[quote name='Sn0brawler'][quote name='pfunkpearl']so when it gets taken off of the CC website it goes up in price at the stores? Can anyone verify this?[/quote]

As I said, I just boought wreckless at $5 yesterday. It souldnt be a problem at some/most of the Circuit Citys. These are clearanc games and the point is to move them out because they arent selling well. I would expect that the prices would remain at their lowest cost until your store sells out.[/quote]

Your sarcasm is misplaced Banky. I would have liked to get Wreckless and Capcom for those prices, but unfortunately CC is in Springfield and I'm in Branson. That's a forty minute drive on a good day. I go when I can.

I bought Wreckless for $5 2 weeks ago, went to Circuit City today, tried to buy another one and it rang up for $20. Thought that it was strange that the price went up since it was non clearance game.

Strange.. that game isn't listed on their website, only the PS2 version is, but at least your lucky you have Wreckless in stock.. when I bought mine, it was the last copy.

Anyways, my Circuit City has a $20 "Value" Game Bin full of Xbox games :p. Its full of $19.99 and under games.
I'd wish my Circuit City had Shenmue II, Capcom vs Snk 2 Eo, and more Wrecklesses in stock. I don't think my Circuit City ever had a Shenmue in stock... EVER! Other than those games, its loaded with other cheap titles like Triple Play Baseball 2002, Jet Set Radio Future, UFC 2, Matt Hoffman Pro Bmx 2, Freaky Flyers, MGS:2, and others except Murakumo, which isn't that good.

I brought Wreckless up to the counter two days ago and it was $20. Today.....$5. Maybe there's different SKU's for platinum collection ones. I don't know.

Yes... the problem you're having with Wreakless is barcodes.

When I went in a couple of weeks ago I bought 3 copies.
1 rang up $5 and the other 2 rang up $20. Only difference was the bar code. I asked them to price match to their website (which I had printed out).

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='gugaplex']Anyone happen to catch the price on panzer dragoon orta for xbox?[/quote]

$29.99, priced as marked. SoA:L (GC) was also priced as marked, $49.99, I believe.

Both prices checked Saturday evening, December 6.[/quote] Hey Target has it for $14.95

went to Circuit City the day before yesterday

Capcom vs. SNK 2 xbox = $10

Alter echo xbox= $10 {horrible game that wants badly to be DevilMayCry-- the juggling is like playing with those old-fashioned wooden paddle balls with the elastic string in very slow motion :whistle2:(

murakumo
xbox = 5 dollars {this game is amazing! Absolutely jaw dropping presentation. The intro movie alone is worth the 5 dollars:)

[quote name='minx']murakumo
xbox = 5 dollars {this game is amazing! Absolutely jaw dropping presentation. The intro movie alone is worth the 5 dollars:)[/quote]

Really? It got almost universally poor reviews. My CCs didn't have it, so I cannot offer an opinion.

Hah, I got Gungrave for $9.96 the other day, too. I took a stack of games to the guy with the scanner in the computer department, and he was shocked ( :shock: ) to see the $50 marked game register for under $10. In fact, he scanned it three more times to see if it was right, and another worker just shrugged and said "Well, it's an old game."

Deus Ex came up for $20, but I didn't feel like getting it...

heres an updated list (also i saw some other games to add but wern't shure which system i.e. wreckless for $5 butwhich system PS2 or xbox. so please post which system)

Xbox
Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions $5
Capcom vs SNK 2 EO - $10
Shenmue II - $10
Jet Set Radio Future - $5
Sega GT 2002/JSRF - $0.99 (some CC might not let you buy this)
Red Faction 2 - $15
Murakumo - $5
Alter Echo - $10

PS2
Alter Echo - $10
WWE Crush Hour - $5
BoF: Dragon Quarter - $10
Wild Arms 3 - $ 10
Defender - $10
Treasure Planet - $10
Amplitude - $20
Ape Escape 2 - $20
Tenchu 3 - $15
Zone of the Enders 2 - $15
Shinobi - $10
Gungrave - $10
Wipeout Fusion -
Xenosaga - $20
The Document of Metal Gear Solid 2 - $9.99
Gitaroo Man - $20

GC
WWE Crush Hour - $5
Resident Evil - $20
Wave Race - $10

GBA
Drome Racers - $5

I'm about to head down to cc right now. I'm hoping to pick up drome racers and wild arms 3. I'll report what they have. Maybe this store will have ico and the bouncer on clearance... HMMMMM....

Can you also post if the games are "Platinum Hits" or "Greatest Hits" versions too. That would help me out, cause I really hate Xbox Platinum Hits versions... :D

!@#$ ICO is still 30 !@#$ing dollars. GRRR. I got wild arms 3 for 9.96 and couldn't find drome racers. I found like 3 dreamcast sports games though.

They didn't have any Gitaroo man's there. I'd wait for a price drop before I'd buy it though. All these 10 dollar deals have made me make a like a 15 dollar a game rule. I saw Gitaroo Man at my local frys for 20 though. Maybe yours has it for 20 too.

Hey, LiquidKil, regarding Ico, check Sears, if you have one. Their selection seems to vary from store to store, but mine has it for a ridiculous $20.

Well I just came back from CC and just had the guy check it. He didn't even pay attention to the sticker price at all. Got Gitaroo-man for 20 bucks, ZOE2 for 15, Gungrave for 10, and Shinobi for 10. Thanks cheapassgamer! :lol:

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']Well I just came back from CC and just had the guy check it. He didn't even pay attention to the sticker price at all. Got Gitaroo-man for 20 bucks, ZOE2 for 15, Gungrave for 10, and Shinobi for 10. Thanks cheapassgamer! :lol:[/quote]

I've looked at a bunch of CCs and I can't find shinobi. I've found every other clearance game. :(

Yeah my CC had quite a few Shinobi games, they were marked at 49.99. Gungrave was marked at 49.99, ZOE2 was marked at 29.99 and Gitaroo was marked at 39.99. Great prices on the actual pricing though. Hope they get in some other games.

Let me see if I understand this. I'm SO lost on this whole deal. Circuit City has a website. Circuity City is a retail store. :)

The stores often don't list their correct prices, because they don't keep up with their "move out" prices -- so you have to have them actually ring up the games? Huh? What? I'm so foncused.

~Dak

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back