Circuit City July Clearance - 20% off until July 12th

[quote name='DirkBelig']DON'T!!! It's simply AWFUL! Sloppy hovercraft-like physics, no customizations, cheating AI - there is a Secret Achievement if you are able to get into the lead within the first lap; why is that an Achievement unless they've stacked the deck against you badly to start with?!? - and unequal handling between your car and theirs, scripted everything, and having to rerun races over and over to advance. Pure misery. I got it for free and it wasn't worth it. They shut the studio down that made it and it's no mystery as to why.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, when you put it that way, I'll reconsider. That is one of the things I like least about racing games.

[quote name='WatchdogXC']I've been thinking about picking up Sega Rally Revo once it hit the $20 or less price point. I'm not real big into racing games, but the PS3 demo was pretty fun[/quote]

I would have to advise against it. As someone who loves racing games...this game gets really repetitive really fast. There is essentially no customization, few unlocks worth earning (just indiscernable cars and liveries), repetitive tracks and the only multiplayer is a time trial leaderboard. I loved the demo and bought this for 16 off of Amazon and sold it within a week. I think itll slide further and I would advise you wait till it does...Get DiRT it is a much better game and although more expensive, completely worth the money.

[quote name='DirkBelig']DON'T!!! It's simply AWFUL! Sloppy hovercraft-like physics, no customizations, cheating AI - there is a Secret Achievement if you are able to get into the lead within the first lap; why is that an Achievement unless they've stacked the deck against you badly to start with?!? - and unequal handling between your car and theirs, scripted everything, and having to rerun races over and over to advance. Pure misery. I got it for free and it wasn't worth it. They shut the studio down that made it and it's no mystery as to why.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. I've put a lot of time into the game and it really isn't htat hard to get into first within the first lap.

Then again, I was turned onto the game because I liked the controls so I guess it's a hit or miss because of the controls.

EDIT: Also, Codemasters bought Sega Racing Studios.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kearns710']anyone know if lost is even worth it? any pro's/con's for buying it on the ps3 over 360?[/quote]

I think it is really tied into whether or not you are a big fan of the show. If you LOVE the show, you will probably get some enjoyment from the game as I did. If you just think the show is okay, this game will not help change your opinion of it. It is basically just a virtual tour of the island with very limited gameplay. I still enjoyed it though.

They are ringing up 20% off at my local CC as well (and they stacked the saver's club) I picked up the following games:

360:

Lost
Transformers (not on the clearance list, however it was marked 16.96 and it did ring up $12.21 after savings/gamer's club)

Wii:

Nights (on the fence about this one, but they had only 1)
obscure

DS:

DQM: Jokers
EA Playground

Was too unsure about master of illusion (not to mention it had been opened and they said no to any additional discount) and Sega Rally Revo. Picked up my entire haul for less than $65 after tax. I wish I could find a Full Auto 2, there hasn't been one at the local CC since before it originally went on clearance.

EDIT: Something didn't seem right about the math after posting my haul/what I paid. After looking over my receipt they did not charge me for DQM: Jokers. Guess it was buy 5 get 1 free (for me anyways).

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up Wii-Obscure $13.57, my wife loved the first one on the xbox. Now I just have to get her acclimated to the use of the nun chuck and Wii-mote.

Thanks OP

I went and picked up Lost for 360 at that price. Had I known about Transformers, I probably would've picked that up for my son. I may go back tomorrow to pick that up. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='Lokki']I went and picked up Lost for 360 at that price. Had I known about Transformers, I probably would've picked that up for my son. I may go back tomorrow to pick that up. Thanks for the heads up.[/quote]

You bet; I was hoping that tid bit of information would help someone/ some folks out.

[quote name='autche']

360:

Transformers (not on the clearance list, however it was marked 16.96 and it did ring up $12.21 after savings/gamer's club)
[/quote]

Transformers was listed in the June Clearance...that's why I didn't put it in the OP

[quote name='maccabee72']Transformers was listed in the June Clearance...that's why I didn't put it in the OP[/quote]
Touche; I forgot that it was listed there. I knew the Full Auto 2 was on the June (or earlier list) and saw it listed so I thought it was an oversight. My apologies.

Nice, I can confirm the 20% off at the North Haven, CT store. Picked up Lost: Via Domus for 360 for $13.57 ($14.38 after tax). It should be noted that there was a big table/box of clearance games in the front right near the entrance, but that this title was just mixed in with the regular games. I'm pretty sure this was the last 360 copy, but there was definitely at least one there for PS3.

It was marked $29.99 but rang up $13.57 with no problem.

Thanks, OP! I'm a huge Lost fan and if nothing else I'm just happy to have this in my collection.

I look forward to check out this games later today for $12.XX is steal deal ever ;)
Nights (wii)
Crash of the Titans (wii)
Master of illusion (DS)

[quote name='autche']Touche; I forgot that it was listed there. I knew the Full Auto 2 was on the June (or earlier list) and saw it listed so I thought it was an oversight. My apologies.[/quote]

No apologies necessary;) I was just pointing out why I didn't add it to the list. I couldn't find Full Auto 2 on a previous list, so I did decide to include that one. Hopefully, Neo will be hitting us up with a complete list pretty soon.

[quote name='freshzen']WTF? Thought that was $16.96 at CC last year.[/quote]

Yeah, it's been clearanced for awhile, I bought it for $16.96 MONTHS ago.

[quote name='mattyice11']As someone who owned (then sold) it, I would say that it's not worth it at this price...or any price for that matter. A bad game doesn't become fun just because it was cheap.[/quote]

I've two differing experiences on that front.

I got The Club for $14.98 and it was really fun. $60 worth of fun? No, but $14.98 worth of fun? Easily, more than that.

I picked up F4: Rise of the Silver Surfer for $4. If I would have paid $50 for it? No way in hell. For $4, brand new, hell of a game.

I picked up Geomatry Wars on the Wii from an older clearance. I had a feeling it was on clearance, and I was extremely pleased when the guy price checked it and it came out $13.57. I didn't know about this month's clearances so I might have to go back and get Joker

Sega Rally is great is you've played the original saturn/dreamcast versions or the arcade versions. It's truly an arcade game (something you hardly see anymore). It has a nostalgic appeal to me so I'm glad to have it for under $14. Give it a shot at the price and spend hours trying to shave seconds off your best times.

[quote name='lawdood']Yeah, it's been clearanced for awhile, I bought it for $16.96 MONTHS ago.[/quote]

Removed it from the OP...I couldn't find the previous clearance it was a part of so I included it.

[quote name='cycophuk']Any word if Super Swing Golf is any good? I enjoy the golf game that came on Wii Sports, but it gets old after a while. If it's not any good, is there a btter gold game for the Wii?[/quote]

It's fun if you like the Mario Golf type of golf games and anime styling. I enjoyed it. The swing mechanics are a little different than in Wii Golf but you still swing by swinging the Wii controller. I thought Tiger Woods was better if you prefer realism.

[quote name='Chronis']I picked up Geomatry Wars on the Wii from an older clearance. I had a feeling it was on clearance, and I was extremely pleased when the guy price checked it and it came out $13.57. I didn't know about this month's clearances so I might have to go back and get Joker[/quote]

Damn, i didn't see that this was $13 :bomb:. Now I need to go back tomorrow.

Got for the Wii Crash, Spyro, Obscure and Nights for the $13.57

I think they had 1 Crash, Spyro and Obscure and 2 more nights. Also 2 or 3 Geomerty Wars. If someone wants me to pick one up in the morning, send me a PM.

PS3
Clive Barker's Jericho $20
Conan $20

neither is genre defining, but decent fun for 20 bucks.

[quote name='g-man']in case anyone wanting Lost is wondering, it is NOT cannon. so the story doesn't matter[/quote]
While you're technically right, the ending and its significance were discussed at length in one of the official podcasts with Lindelof and Cuse in early March (from right before Ji Yeon aired), and there are LOTS of cool tie-ins to season 4 that amount to fairly significant reveals. There's cheesy terrible voice acting, a half-assed story, some continuity errors, and, yes, it ultimately amounts to no more story than something from The Lost Experience, but the show's writers & producers were at least involved in the story. It's certainly not worth full retail or anything and not for anyone but the biggest Lost fans, but for $13.57, there's most definitely enough cool easter eggs/connections for a big Lost fan to get their money's worth.

Thanks a lot for the info. I picked up Sega Rally Revo and The Darkness.

It was a nice surprise to check the options menu and see that Sega Rally supports four different Logitech wheels, from the GT Force up to the G25. :D Plus the championship mode looks pretty deep so I'm sure I'll get my $13.57 worth.

LOST ps3 $13.54...YAY!

My CC is so unorganized, they still have Mother's Day sale signs up. Clearance bin hasn't been added to since Alien Syndrome clearance (April?), so many hidden bargains!!!

thanks OP!

Grabbed Sega Rally & Nights for $13.xx/ea. I had decided I was only getting 2, so I was choosing between Sega Rally & Lost. In the end, I went w/ SR because I've been wanting to get it for cheap for a long time - Lost has dropped like a rock, and I imagine this won't be the last time I see it for around that price.

Thanks to a really bad storm and me having to look around some more waiting for it to slack up, I ended up getting Elite Beat Agents for $7.17 as well. :p

Here's some more (16.96):
Ps2:
Syphon Filter Dark Mirror
Jackass The Videogame

Psp:
Crush
Brave Story New Traveler
Dungeon Siege

Ds:
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue
Age of Empires
Spiderwick Chronicles

Wii:
Artic Tale
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves

360:
Prey (CE as well)
History Channel: Civil War
Beowulf

Xbox:
Ghost Recon
Mortal Kombat Armageddon

THANK YOU, OP! Been waiting for a drop on Lost for a while. Picked up both Xbox 360 and PS3 versions, not sure yet which one I'll play. Also picked up a copy of Obscure. $13.XX on each one! Sweet!

[quote name='game_collector_83']Does anyone know if the 20% is gonna be going for a bit?[/quote]
Your guess is as good as any; I don't know how/why it is happenning now, but I am loving it! Wish my store had Sega Evo rally; that was a no go. I'll have to go back tomorrow to see if they have any Wario Smooth Moves left. Game is overly simplistic, but for $12 and some change I'm okay with picking it up again.

20% off is part of a special three day sale, 7/10-11-12. It's on a flyer they hand out at the door with some other specials.

I'm sure this will be attributed to my laziness, but is there a CC master clearance lists a la the Sears one?

Love,

Stoneage

Picked up PS3 Lost for the $13.XX price. Made the trip for "The Darkness" but I have another CC to check tomorrow if I get the chance. Confirmed deal...

definetly picking up the darkness :) , is swing golf for the wii any good?

on a side note, is wario ware smooth moves actually clearanced or is it BS? i've been waiting for this game to drop in price in forever and it would be great if its true.

[quote name='chimpian']awesome!!!
thanks op ill be grabbing and lost for ps3 and maybe nights,not sure yet

ive been waitin for lost to drop below $20

are these in store too?
it says not available for instore pick up....
or is that just cause its clearance and not guaranteed in store?[/quote]

The reason that it says not available for in store pickup is because there "software" But oddly enough you can actually order real software and PC games for in store pickup. CC inventory on Movies Music and Games can never be guernteed because of theft. So those items are never available for in store pick up but they might have the games.

bread's done
Back