Circuit City March clearance - 3/27 update Odin Sphere $16.96

Status
Not open for further replies.

neocisco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
313 (100%)
(note from Io: merged the independent Odin Sphere thread into this one and changed the title to highlight that deal. Credit to langdon_alger for finding the Odin Sphere drop and to mitch079 for uncovering the other PS2 drops on the web site)

(Edit #2 from Io: Added the full list of new clearance items posted by Donnums including all the new Xbox/GC/PSP/DS stuff)

As usual, please post all Sale/Trade/Pickup Offers in the corresponding Circuit City clearance trade thread.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3/27

:ps2:
[highlight]Odin Sphere $16.96[/highlight]

ATV Offroad Fury 3 12.96
Bigs $12.96
Bratz: Forever Diamonds 12.96
Bratz: The Movie 12.96
Capcom Classics Colleciton Vol. 2 $12.96
Dancing with the Stars 16.96
Dawn of Mana 16.96
Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer 12.96
Ghost Rider $12.96
Godfather $12.96
Golden Compass 16.96
Hot Shots Tennis $16.96
Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night 16.96
Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning 16.96
Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects 12.96
MLB 07 The Show $16.96
MLB 2K7 $12.96
MLB Power Pros $12.96
Naruto Uzumaki Chronicles $12.96
NASCAR 07 $12.96
Open Season 12.96
Sly 3 $12.96
Surf's Up $12.96
WWE Smack Down! vs. RAW 2006 12.96
World Series of Poker Tournament $12.96

:xbox:
Black $8.96
Call of Duty Big Red One $8.96
Destroy All Humans 2 $8.96
FIFA 07 $8.96
Fight Night Round 3 $8.96
Ghost Recon Summit Strike $8.96
Madden 07 $8.96
Need for Speed: CARBON $8.96
Need for Speed: MOST WANTED $8.96
Need for Speed: MOST WANTED COLL ED $16.96
Scarface $8.96
Star Wars Battlefield $8.96
Star Wars Battlefield 2 $8.96
Tiger Woods 2007 $8.96

:gc:
(ALL $8.96 except as noted)
1080 Avalanche
Animal Crossing
Bratz Diamonds
Madden NFL 2007
Mario Party 7 $16.96
Mario Superstar Baseball
Meet the Robinsons
Metroid Prime 2: Echos
Naruto 2
NARUTO: CLASH OF THE NINJA
NEED FOR SPEED: CARBON
NEED FOR SPEED: MOST WANTED
NEED FOR SPEED: UNDERGROUND
NICKTOONS VOLCANO ISLAND
OVER THE HEDGE
PAPER MARIO
POKEMON XD
RAMPAGE: TOTAL DESTRUCTION
RATATOUILLE
SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG
SIMS PETS 2
SONIC HEROES
SONIC RIDERS
SPONGEBOB KRUSTY KRAB
STAR FOX: ASSAULT
SUPER MARIO STRIKERS
SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE

:psp:
CRASH TAG TEAM RACING $16.96
TEST DRIVE UNLIMITED $16.96

:ds:
BOOGIE $8.96
CLUBHOUSE GAMES $16.96
GOLDEN COMPASS $8.96
MARIO VS DONKEY KONG 2 $16.96
METROID PRIME HUNTERS $16.96
NINTENDO DS BROWSER $16.96
POGO ISLAND $16.96
SPONGEBOB: KRUSTY KRAB $16.96
STARFOX COMMAND $16.96

:gba:
FINDING NEMO/ INCREDIBLES DUAL PACK $8.96
HAPPY FEET $8.96
PETZ VET $16.96
SHREK 3 $16.96
SPIDERMAN 3 $16.96

3/21

:ps3:
Genji: Days of the Blade $19.96

Ape Escape 3 $8.96
Neopets: The Darkest Faerie $8.96
Genji: Dawn of the Samurai $8.96

:psp:UMD
Aeon Flux $4.96
Beavis & Butthead vol. 2 $4.96
Jackass vol. 2 $4.96
Jackass vol. 3 $4.96
Viva La Bam vol. 2 $4.96

2/29

:360:
Earth Defense Force 2017 $16.96
Import Tuner Challenge $16.96
Marvel Ultimate Alliance $16.96
World Series of Poker Tournament of Champions 2007 $16.96

:wii:
Alien Syndrome $16.96
Bee Movie $16.96
Excitetruck $16.96
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer $16.96
Marvel Ultimate Alliance $16.96
Super Swing Golf $16.96
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam $16.96
Trauma Center: Second Opinion $16.96

:ps3:
The Bigs $16.96
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer $16.96
Madden NFL 07 $16.96
MLB 2K7 $16.96
Pirates of the Caribbean 3: At World's End $16.96

Need for Speed Underground 2 $16.96

:ds:
Nicktoons: Volcano Island $16.96

:psp:
Dragonball Z: Shin Budokai $16.96

:gba:
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest $16.96
Ultimate Spider-Man $16.96

February
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170283

January
NO LIST

December
http://67.225.136.29/forums/showthread.php?t=162745

November
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=158103

October
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154925

September
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150784

August
NO LIST

July
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143063

June
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=139368

April/May
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137696

Snagged copies of Test Drive Unlimited and Chili Con Carnage for the PSP. Going to go back and get 'em price adjusted. Thanks OP! :)

I pricematched Odin Sphere, Excite Truck and Trauma Center: SO. I got $18.xx back.

Also, picked up Elebits, Harvest Moon (DS), Scurge, Metroid Prime Hunters and Snoopy vs RB (PS2).

Found but didn't get Mlb power bros, Mech Assault (DS), Rampage (Wii), Lunar Knights, Trauma Center:UTK (DS) among others. I even found about 4 copies of Yazuka (PS2). Might go back and pick up Rampage and MLB Power Bros.

[quote name='Derrick1979']

Beavis and Butthead Vol. 2 UMD $3.32 (33% came off this PSP UMD also, was $4.96)

Thanks OP[/quote]

Will have to get B&BH and Aeon Flux pricematched.

A nearby CC had 5 copies of OS left Thursday. I went back today and they were all gone. Funny part is that there were other decent clearance titles left untouched.

There were a few other games I was hoping to find, but I was nonetheless pleased to get MLB 07: The Show (PS2) and Ape Escape 3 at around 18 dollars total. Good stuff, thanks for the heads-up CAG.

[quote name='icarusmight']Really? In the MoVal store I had my bro check it for me and he found 3 copies of Odin Sphere (got 1 for me), he mentioned he saw a bunch of decent games in the clearance bin including FFIV for GBA and EBA for DS, other games i cant remember. Try digging around a little bit.[/quote]

I went to the MoVal store Sunday afternoon after checking out the Riverside store which didn't have any more copies of OS. The guy at Riverside informed me that MoVal had 3 copies left. When I got there, I saw 4 cases with OS in the clearance bin (3 with the actual game, 1 with a photocopy of the front cover of the game). So I picked up the 3 cases with the actual game (one for myself, another for my friend, and the last for a birthday gift). So there is still that one case left with the photocopy inside...

Thanks for the update, OP, snagged Odin Sphere yesterday after the Wii stampede at my local store.

Shame they don't have any other UMDs priced as cheap as the MTV stuff. :\

I tried picking up Condemned: Criminal Origins after seeing it listed back on July's clearance list. It was listed then at $16.96, so I was a little confused to see it stickered with a normal CC price tag at $14.99. It was the platinum hits version (with no title on the spine.... so weird) so maybe that's why. But I guess maybe the PH version isn't technical a clearance item because it rang up at $14.99 and didn't have the 33% taken off. There were like 3 copies of it in their clearance bin, so they adjusted it for me. They ended up ringing it at $9.99 plus tax. This was at the Frisco, TX store which still had two copies when I left there yesterday afternoon. Just wanted to pass along that info.

Some other titles I remember seeing at the Frisco store off the top of my head:

Animal Crossing (GC): $8.96
Paper Mario (GC): $8.96
Shadow the Hedgehog (GC): $8.96
Starfox Command (DS): $16.96
Alien Syndrome (Wii): $16.96
Genji (PS3): $16.96
Fantastic 4 (PS3): $16.96
Winback (PS2): $8.96

These are before the 33% discount of course. They had pretty full clearance bins, I was somewhat surprised (my local store has hardly anything, but its really new). Most of the titles were pretty crappy though and that list is the ones I can easily recall.

Today...

Went to CC in New York, Manhattan (52 East 14th Street No. 64
New York, NY 10003 ) and they at least 4 copies of Dawn of Mana. No Odin Sphere found here.

Also went to the CC in New York, Manhattan (521 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10175) and they had neither Dawn of Mana or Odin Sphere.

Anybody still looking for Dawn of Mana and lives in NY, go to the CC described above.

Got Aeon Flux and Beavis and Butthead for $7.10 total. Nice to finally have some cheap UMDs to kill some travel time.

Still looking for Capcom Vol. 2, Animal Crossing, Mario Baseball/Strikers, and Odin Sphere. Going to hit another CC later tonight after I get home looking for these.

My local store (Denton, TX) is pretty slim pickin's for clearance games. The store opened in mid to late '07, so that's to be expected. In case anybody in the area is looking, here's some of what I saw today at lunch there. Again, prices before 33% off discount.

TMNT (360): $16.96 (4 copies on shelf in 360 section)
Earth Defense Force 2017 (360): $16.96 (4 copies in clearance bin - aisle between games and TVs)
Odin Sphere (PS2): $16.96 (2 copies in PS2 section, still tagged $39.99)
Genji (PS3): $16.96 (couple copies in clearance bin)
Pirates otC (PS3): don't remember the price (few copies in clearance bin)

I looked around the Wii section and didn't see any Excite Truck. I did see Alien Syndrome, still tagged normal price.

Didn't even know about the 33% off until I hit the register.

Shocked and pleased, to say the least!

Went to three CC's, and walked away with:

Odin Sphere (PS2) x2 $11.32 each
Dawn of Mana (PS2)x2 $11.32 each
Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning (PS2) $11.32
Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night (PS2) $11.32
Capcom Classics Collection Vol. 2 (PS2) $8.83
Genji: Days of the Blade (PS3) $13.63
Earth Defense Force 2017 (360) $11.32
Alien Syndrome (Wii) $11.32
Mario Superstar Baseball (GC)x2 $6.00 each
Super Mario Strikers (GC)x3 $6.00 each
Super Monkey Ball Adventure (GC) $8.83
StarFox Command (DS) $11.32
Aeon Flux UMD (PSP) $3.32
Beavis & Butthead Vol. 2 UMD (PSP) $3.32
Jackass Vol. 2 UMD (PSP) $3.32
Jackass Vol. 3 UMD (PSP) $3.32

It was a good day!

[quote name='mkernan']I tried picking up Condemned: Criminal Origins after seeing it listed back on July's clearance list. It was listed then at $16.96, so I was a little confused to see it stickered with a normal CC price tag at $14.99. It was the platinum hits version (with no title on the spine.... so weird) so maybe that's why. But I guess maybe the PH version isn't technical a clearance item because it rang up at $14.99 and didn't have the 33% taken off. There were like 3 copies of it in their clearance bin, so they adjusted it for me. They ended up ringing it at $9.99 plus tax. This was at the Frisco, TX store which still had two copies when I left there yesterday afternoon. Just wanted to pass along that info.
[/QUOTE]

It was likely taken off clearance and restocked at $14.99. Same thing with Monster Bomber on the DS, it was $4.96, now $14.99.

Not related but I thought I remember The Bigs for Wii on a previous list for $16.96, it rang up $39.99 for me

[quote name='mkernan']My local store (Denton, TX) is pretty slim pickin's for clearance games. The store opened in mid to late '07, so that's to be expected. In case anybody in the area is looking, here's some of what I saw today at lunch there. Again, prices before 33% off discount.

TMNT (360): $16.96 (4 copies on shelf in 360 section)
Earth Defense Force 2017 (360): $16.96 (4 copies in clearance bin - aisle between games and TVs)
Odin Sphere (PS2): $16.96 (2 copies in PS2 section, still tagged $39.99)
Genji (PS3): $16.96 (couple copies in clearance bin)
Pirates otC (PS3): don't remember the price (few copies in clearance bin)

I looked around the Wii section and didn't see any Excite Truck. I did see Alien Syndrome, still tagged normal price.[/QUOTE]

If you haven't already, could you have someone pricecheck Odin Sphere, and if it checks out at the clearance price, could you get a copy for me?

I hit the Tigard, OR CC last night (Sunday) and it was very wierd. There was no clearance bin, and I couldn't find ANY of the titles on the list - not even Boogie and Star Fox Command which were available in abundance at one of the other CC's a few days ago. It is almost like they pulled all the titles and forgot to put them out on Sunday. I know a few CAGs frequent that store - did you guys see anything? That has always been a decent store for clearances in the past. I'd like to know if they are up to something there though ;).

I know I had seen multiple copies of 1080 Avalanche at the CC's around here but couldn't find 1 across the 3 closest stores before and during this 33% off sale. I doubt they were bought because the other stores had plenty of other stuff and none of it was labelled correctly (though no Dawn of Mana, Clubhouse Games, or Metroid Hunters at any of them). On Friday night I noticed a big hole in the PS2 cabinet where Odin Sphere would have been - so someone must have cleared that out the moment that news hit here...

I'm amazed people are finding so many Gamecube titles though. The stores around here literally have 6-10 Gamecube games TOTAL - and most of those are copies of Cars, SSBM, Twilight Princess, and Lego Star Wars II.

[quote name='io']I hit the Tigard, OR CC last night (Sunday) and it was very wierd. There was no clearance bin, and I couldn't find ANY of the titles on the list - not even Boogie and Star Fox Command which were available in abundance at one of the other CC's a few days ago. It is almost like they pulled all the titles and forgot to put them out on Sunday. I know a few CAGs frequent that store - did you guys see anything? That has always been a decent store for clearances in the past. I'd like to know if they are up to something there though ;).

I know I had seen multiple copies of 1080 Avalanche at the CC's around here but couldn't find 1 across the 3 closest stores before and during this 33% off sale. I doubt they were bought because the other stores had plenty of other stuff and none of it was labelled correctly (though no Dawn of Mana, Clubhouse Games, or Metroid Hunters at any of them). On Friday night I noticed a big hole in the PS2 cabinet where Odin Sphere would have been - so someone must have cleared that out the moment that news hit here...

I'm amazed people are finding so many Gamecube titles though. The stores around here literally have 6-10 Gamecube games TOTAL - and most of those are copies of Cars, SSBM, Twilight Princess, and Lego Star Wars II.[/quote]

My Keizer store is pretty much the same way, no clearance bin, nothing marked down. They do have Boogie (DS) marked at $19.99, but I doubt that is worth the trip for you. (That and Alien Syndrome were the only games I could find)

Just got back from mine and noticed Ape Escape 3 for $6 in Columbus, OH accross from the easton mall.

They had 3 copies left.

The Williston, VT store has like 20 copies of Ape Escape 3 for PS2 and 15 copies of the PS2 Genji game. No more Odin Sphere though....got the last one!

[quote name='sleepy916']If I bought them when before the 33% off, can I go in and get it readjusted?[/quote]

yep, just take in your receipt (assuming it is within 30 days)

Picked up a beat up Mario Party 7 for $11 and change, but being a nintendo title ill deal with a beat up box since its the only one ive found around town. Also bought Starfox Assualt for $6.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back