:ps2:
Incredible Hulk $19.99
Iron Man $19.99

:ds:
Incredible Hulk $19.99
Iron Man $19.99

:psp:
Iron Man $19.99

Here comes all the vultures to feast on the corpse of Circuit City.

Actually I'm just jealous there's no Circuit City close to me anymore. The last one here closed a few years ago.

[quote name='xycury']Heard from someone in AZ... it's 5% on almost everything video games related, and 10% everything else...

I think that's called a SALE... not a OMG CLEARENCE[/quote]

I went to the Happy Vallley (Phoenix) store tonight, it was a fucking joke. All games were back to their original prices with %5 off. Golden Compass for the Xbox 360 was $60 - %5, LMAO

WARNING!!!

At any Circuit City that is closing down, they will NOT be accepting CC gift cards as a form of payment NOR will they be honoring any gift card promotions, even for this week's ad. I have two CC's closing down near me and I went to one today hoping to get Resistance 2 10% off and using a $10 gift card obtained from Dead Space earlier.

First, I was disappointed but understanding that they wouldn't give the $10 gift card offer (for Resistance 2), but when they told me that they won't be accepting any gift cards as a form of payment, the deal was useless to me.

So anyone expecting to pay off anything with CC gift cards can forget it, the legal reason is that the closing stores no longer belong to CC but to the liquidation company, so they aren't related to CC anymore. Also, don't expect any new releases anymore (no Gears of War 2, even in the back, probably transferred to a still-alive store).

And here's the olbligatory "fuck Circuit City!" here just because even when they're shutting down, they fucking suck.

Ah, even when my CC is closing they still screw me on deals. Anyone how the markdown system works for the closing stores?? Mine is at 10% off everything, but thats cause they just started the clearance today.

[quote name='shogun316']WARNING!!!

At any Circuit City that is closing down, they will NOT be accepting CC gift cards as a form of payment NOR will they be honoring any gift card promotions, even for this week's ad. I have two CC's closing down near me and I went to one today hoping to get Resistance 2 10% off and using a $10 gift card obtained from Dead Space earlier.[/quote]

Huh, I must have gotten lucky then. I bought two games a couple of weeks ago and couldn't use my CC gift card because their system or whatever was offline at the time. Anyway, they told me to come back later when the system's back up, so I went over there today and the manager said that it was okay to apply the gift card since it was within the return period. The nice thing was that the cashier had to process it as a return/repurchase transaction, so I ended up getting the 10% off as well. ^^ Thank goodness they let me do that though...with pretty much all of the Atlanta stores closing and me needing a new game like I need another hole in my head, that thing would have been practically useless.

[quote name='yukafls']Ah, even when my CC is closing they still screw me on deals. Anyone how the markdown system works for the closing stores?? Mine is at 10% off everything, but thats cause they just started the clearance today.[/quote]

Yup. Such bullshit they are full of at my store.

I know the thing that pisses me off is half the price tags on the items are wrong, like a game that is $30, it has a tag with $50

[quote name='shogun316']WARNING!!!

At any Circuit City that is closing down, they will NOT be accepting CC gift cards as a form of payment NOR will they be honoring any gift card promotions, even for this week's ad. I have two CC's closing down near me and I went to one today hoping to get Resistance 2 10% off and using a $10 gift card obtained from Dead Space earlier.

First, I was disappointed but understanding that they wouldn't give the $10 gift card offer (for Resistance 2), but when they told me that they won't be accepting any gift cards as a form of payment, the deal was useless to me.

So anyone expecting to pay off anything with CC gift cards can forget it, the legal reason is that the closing stores no longer belong to CC but to the liquidation company, so they aren't related to CC anymore. Also, don't expect any new releases anymore (no Gears of War 2, even in the back, probably transferred to a still-alive store).

And here's the olbligatory "fuck Circuit City!" here just because even when they're shutting down, they fucking suck.[/quote]

EXTREME YMMV

This varies from state to state. All Atlanta stores ARE accepting gift cards. If you post that your store is not accepting GC's PLEASE post what state you're in so as not to misinform people.

[quote name='neocisco']EXTREME YMMV

This varies from state to state. All Atlanta stores ARE accepting gift cards. If you post that your store is not accepting GC's PLEASE post what state you're in so as not to misinform people.[/quote]

OK, the stores were in California that did not accept the gift cards.

If you have a store that isn't accepting gift cards, print this letter out and show it to the boob at the register:

http://files.shareholder.com/downlo...E-4350-B682-A082DC4162F5/Letter to Guests.pdf

Show them paragraph 3, where it says:

"We will continue to honor our
policies on gift cards, Circuit City Advantage Protection Plans® and all other customer commitments. In
fact, every promise we make to you - our guests - is as important as ever.
"

Edit:
Alternately, you can print and show them the Guest Q&A:

http://files.shareholder.com/downlo...B9-9868-474A-AB5E-70669198225C/110308 Guest Q

Point them to question #2:
"2. If the store near me is closing, will warranties, gift cards and store credit still be honored?
We have made no changes to our policies on gift cards, Circuit City Advantage Protection Plans® or
any customer commitment. In fact, they are as important as ever, and we stand behind every
promise we make to our guests.
"

Last edited by a moderator:
CC in Cumming, GA is closing and it's a brand new store that opened up over the summer and the same 10% off everything. I'm just going to wait it out until it's like 50% off or more.

Check the clearance bins people. My store just dumped a whole new bunch of clearance titles.

Shadow Run - $11
Turning point (360) - $11
Alone in the Dark (360) - $14
Lost Planet (ps3) - $14
Monster Madness (ps3) - $14
Viking Battle for Asgard (ps3/360) - $14
Hot Shots Golf Out of bounds - $21
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 limited Edition (ps3) - $27

bread's done
Back