Circuit city Need your advice

Limegreen

CAGiversary!
I left my laptop at firedog on 05/18 for repairs the work order promised date was 05/25 i just called in today 05/24 and they said they are still waiting for the box to send it out to be repaired and it's going to take atleast another week, i don't think this is right could someone with experience in this or that has worked there please advise what i should do .

[quote name='Limegreen']I left my laptop at firedog on 05/18 for repairs the work order promised date was 05/25 i just called in today 05/24 and they said they are still waiting for the box to send it out to be repaired and it's going to take atleast another week, i don't think this is right could someone with experience in this or that has worked there please advise what i should do .[/quote]

When I took my older PC in for service @ CC, they had it back to me in a week TOPS. I even went in during that 'free checkup' period they had about a year ago.

have you heard about the woman who brought her laptop into best buy to the geek squad for repair, they then lost it and now she's suing for millions. if circuit city's service department is anything like best buy's, you might be screwed.

Before they get the "approved" box and send it to an external repair company, GET IT BACK ASAP! Do NOT let someone like "Firedog" cause you such grief. They may be technically responsible for your laptop but they'll be doing ZERO of the work. If it takes them a over a week just to secure a box, what does that tell you? They can't get the job done. Don't give them the chance to make it even worse. Find an authorized repair center for your specific brand of laptop and send it there yourself. Is the laptop still under a manufacturer's warranty? On a curious side note, what's actually wrong with the laptop?

[quote name='crazylikeafox11']have you heard about the woman who brought her laptop into best buy to the geek squad for repair, they then lost it and now she's suing for millions. if circuit city's service department is anything like best buy's, you might be screwed.[/quote]

You see though, that's one of the frivolous complaints/lawsuits that I laughed at on The Consumerist site. Or as I like to call it 'bitch, piss and moan central'.

I mean, honestly, between the lady who held up the line in Best Buy because she was too busy yapping on her cell phone to the other thousand morons on there who posted ridiculous complaints.

I mean, I can see trying to sue for a reasonable amount for lost time(if the lady were doing the running round for her laptop on her lunch hour or something) and the cost to replace the laptop, but for fuck's sake, millions=frivolous lawsuit and a whiny bitch imo.

Just my two cents on that.....

[quote name='gotrice415510']sorry, but i had to point this out.... you used the wrong tense in ur title, its "advice"

wow i feel like such a tool now[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing too... but it is the internet... I always have a pet peeve with people who dont know the difference between THERE, THEIR, and THEY'RE

Ive had delays on repairs from CC before, but as it was on a laserdisc player years ago, I didnt worry too much about it

bread's done
Back