Circuit City on BF (I got a router)

skcll

CAGiversary!
I got a wireless router for about $10-$12 (including rebates and taxes). I also got a wireless network card for $8-$10 (including rebates and taxes).

I'd say that was a pretty sweet deal. Did anybody else take advantage of the deal? It's still valid through today (Saturday).

I hate rebates with a passion, so BF sucked for me this year. I'll do them when they are small, but some deals were out of control! $100 - $10 rebate - $20 rebate - $5 rebate - $25 rebate. fuck that shit.

Yeah, Macmall completley raped me in terms of rebates, 30 whole dollars! The worst part is it was "free" stuff I didn't actually want, but any true CAG doesn't turn down free stuff

I fucking hate rebates. I am the reason they have rebates, I forget about them and don't get my money. Now I never buy something with a rebate.

That's why I love instant rebates... What I don't get is why do they (cashiers at a BB or CC0 ask you for your name, address, and phone #... but YOU have to fill out your own paper work for a rebate? I mean, you have my personal info, just do it yourself...

[quote name='Fatesealer']That's why I love instant rebates... What I don't get is why do they (cashiers at a BB or CC0 ask you for your name, address, and phone #... but YOU have to fill out your own paper work for a rebate? I mean, you have my personal info, just do it yourself...[/quote]

cuz they are hoping we forget or lose the receipts

Yes I got the PCI, PCMIA, and the Router (Finally upgraded from B to G) : ] I know rebates suck but I've had good rebate experiences with both Belkin and CC and I don't mind putting the money up front with these guys.

I think Staples is the best with the rebates.

Office Max is the black hole with rebates, I'll never buy from them again.

Am I the only one who noticed the large amouht of shit that had rebates tied to them in various stores? Personally, I'm not a fan of rebates. It takes a while to get the money back. It just seems like a ploy for stores to maximize their sales, while some consumers expect something to be the advertised price.

I'm still waiting on my rebate from CC for Tivo that I got 8 weeks ago. Radioshack was a pain in the rear about rebates. When i bought a burner a few years ago it took 4 months

My understanding of the rebates is that you can get a total of 2 rebates between the 3 items per address. Big trick in the ad

I do rebates all the time. Yeah, you're out the money temporarily, but I've never had the rebate check get lost or anything.

[quote name='alongx']I do rebates all the time. Yeah, you're out the money temporarily, but I've never had the rebate check get lost or anything.[/quote]

And if they goof up on your rebate just give em a call with your best Jimmy Hart impersonation demanding for your rebate check NOW! :lol:

(That's who your avatar makes me think of alongx.... wrestling manager Jimmy Hart)

Now on a serious note, I only really do the whole rebate thing if its a really good deal and if I badly need the item. The last time I did a mail in rebate was on a Western Digital 80 gig IDE HD - after rebates it was about $50. This was about a year ago, so for the time it was a damn good deal. :D

yeah, i got a 200 gig hd for $100 a year ago. They had some pretty sweet deals at best buy and circuit city on BF. I believe a 160 gig one was selling for $30 (with rebates of course) at BB. and a 250 gig hard drive was selling for $100 or $120 at CC.

and I got 48 AA batteries for $5 (w/ rebates).

bread's done
Back