Circuit City - One Price Promise - Possible Huge Problem

Se7en69

CAGiversary!
Have you guys seen the new commercials for Circuit City's One Price Promise? It seems everytime I turn the television set on, there it is. Well, just take a look at their website about this "promise" - http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/genericContent.do?oid=228417

"Is one low price too much to ask for? We don't think so.
At Circuit City, there are no mixed signals. Whether you purchase online or in any of our 600 stores, you'll get the same low price on the product of your choice. We promise.
So what?
That means you can check the price of an item on circuitcity.com and then purchase it at the same low price at any Circuit City store. No surprises. No homework or legwork on your part. And if you ever see a different price in the store that's higher than the listing on circuitcity.com, you'll get the lower price.
Keep up!
Although prices are always consistent online and in stores, we sharpen our prices constantly. Visit us online to check for the lowest, up-to-the-minute pricing, then purchase your way—on the site or in the store.
This is our One Price Promise, our guarantee that you can shop with confidence."

Look towards the bottom in small letters...

"One Price Promise may not apply to DVDs, CDs, video games, bundled offers, clearance or open-box items. Our One Price Promise is specific to tagged prices in-store and online."

I am looking forward to Sunday when I try this for the first time. Circuit City's website states they have Rock Band 2 for the PS3 for $49.99. I am going to try this for the game. But I bet they will just look this up online, read the first sentence, and deny me.

It is real slimey to do that commercial and then exclude most of the things people buy week in and week out.

I agree with you, chakan. But what really troubles me is why would Circuit City do this possibly million dollar campaign with t.v. ads and basically continue to do what they are doing now? Especially with all this talk of them going under.

Has anybody tried this Price Promise thing and actually got it to work?

CC's fulfillment of video games, CD's and DVD's are handled through an online warehouse that isn't the same as their other items. Plus, you can't in-store pickup the above items as well, for that reason.

I'm not surprised about these "restrictions" on the deal.

This is being done to increase trustworthyness for consumers to shop at CC. They did this before, but now they are letting everyone know. If you shopped at CC and didnt check the online price for the item (which could be lower then the instore price) you wouldnt have been getting the lower price. Now the guarentee that you are no matter what. Its a plus plus son!

Hey! No knocking CC!
CC is sticking to their promise, guaranteed ;]
I'm actually wearing a Rock Band 2 t-shirt that I got for free right now!
I spent all night changing displays and display tags to match our online prices. Believe me, you're really getting a deal by shopping with us!

I'm more annoyed by their novel-length list of exclusions on virtually any coupon.
I don't have any huge gripes against CC, I"ve actually bought more games from CC recently than any other place (other than Goozex).

[quote name='BruntBeauty']Hey! No knocking CC!
CC is sticking to their promise, guaranteed ;]
I'm actually wearing a Rock Band 2 t-shirt that I got for free right now!
I spent all night changing displays and display tags to match our online prices. Believe me, you're really getting a deal by shopping with us![/quote]

You know what is funny? I happened to pass by Circuit City tonight because it is in front of Toys R Us and I wanted to see what games they had for the buy 2 get 1 free offer. Well... Low and behold... Guess who is selling Rock Band 2 bundles early for Xbox 360 and PS3? Circuit City! I asked for the game only for the PS3 which is what I wanted and they said not till Sunday. As a guy bought a PS3 bundle and was leaving with it. Naturally, I kept my mouth shut and just left.

bread's done
Back