Circuit City pricematch - free controller?

coolbrys

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I just bought a PS3 from Circuit City yesterday, and a new ad came out today for gamestop that said they would give a free sixaxis controller if you bought a system.

My question is, will Circuit City pricematch that?

Thanks.

Lots of times 'free bonus' offers aren't price-matchable.
Have you opened it yet? They probably record the serial number so you can't buy from GS and return to CC.

Is it possible to pricematch the free offer form the same store?
I got my xbox 360 at circuitcity couple days ago but they have
the free wireless controller deal now. Do I need to bring my
xbox 360 back to get the deal ? I've opened the xbox 360, of course.

Thanks for help.

Give it a shot. Just take your receipt and the serial # in to customer service and ask them if they will do a paperwork return and resale for you. If they won't then just return the system and buy another one so you'll get the deal. CC's ads do state they won't match giveaway offers but the 30-day return policy works in your favor in this case. They can't prevent you from returning your first one and buying a second one. A $50 controller is easily worth the trouble. If they try to pull some restocking fee crap don't believe it. There is no restocking fee on game systems.

[quote name='neocisco']Give it a shot. Just take your receipt and the serial # in to customer service and ask them if they will do a paperwork return and resale for you. If they won't then just return the system and buy another one so you'll get the deal. CC's ads do state they won't match giveaway offers but the 30-day return policy works in your favor in this case. They can't prevent you from returning your first one and buying a second one. A $50 controller is easily worth the trouble. If they try to pull some restocking fee crap don't believe it. There is no restocking fee on game systems.[/quote]

But don't they charge a 15% restocking fee, so if he does return it he would lose $60 from it and than but again.

[quote name='Thongsy']But don't they charge a 15% restocking fee, so if he does return it he would lose $60 from it and than but again.[/quote]

If they try to pull some restocking fee crap don't believe it. There is no restocking fee on game systems.

[quote name='Thongsy']But don't they charge a 15% restocking fee, so if he does return it he would lose $60 from it and than but again.[/quote]

:wall:

[quote name='neocisco']Give it a shot. Just take your receipt and the serial # in to customer service and ask them if they will do a paperwork return and resale for you. If they won't then just return the system and buy another one so you'll get the deal. CC's ads do state they won't match giveaway offers but the 30-day return policy works in your favor in this case. They can't prevent you from returning your first one and buying a second one. A $50 controller is easily worth the trouble. If they try to pull some restocking fee crap don't believe it. There is no restocking fee on game systems.[/QUOTE]

I got my controller and game just now !!! No restocking fee or somthing. They did a return and rebuy for me.

Thank you guys.

As long as the person knows what the hell they're doing, it was purchased within 30 days, and it wasn't purchased under any special financing terms then everyone should get the same as mogmog, it'll likely be a refund/repurchase and all you need is the reciept, don't bring the system back or anything.

bread's done
Back