Circuit City Refund Policy?

JMD1014

CAGiversary!
Ok, this is kind of a long story, but here goes. I bought an Xbox 360 2 weeks ago from CC because it was the last day they were offering a year of Xbox Live for free with the 360. My intention was to buy it only to take advantage of the deal, but wait until receiving money I have been expecting to come through from a freebie site (360elite4free.com FTW) until I actually opened it and played it. My reasoning for this was in case for some reason I did not receive the money I was expecting, I would be able to return the 360 for a full refund and not lose any money.

Well, the money is on the way, but I don't actually have it yet. I am paranoid to open the 360 without actually having the money because again, if for some reason I don't get this money, I will be out $400+ that I can't really afford right now.

Now, on CC's website, they say they will exchange or refund any purchase if you are not completely happy with it, with a few exceptions (video games only can be traded for store credit, stuff like that, but nothing is mentioned about game consoles...). My question is, if I were to open the 360 and play it, would I still be able to get a full refund (not store credit or another 360) within the 30 day time period if I had to return it? I am fairly sure that I will be getting the money from the website mentioned above, but I am not sure if I should give in to playing the 360 without physically having the money that is going to be paying it off.

It mentions a restocking fee in their return policy, but not for game consoles. I am just curious if I would be able to just get a refund for a used 360 if it is within the 30 day period, even if it is not defective.

bread's done
Back