Circuit City Sale On=advertised 7/11/04

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonfireflys

CAGiversary!
The 4.99 price for clearance games has been posted in circuit city's sunday advertisement; so it's likely that any held stock will be released tommorrow. No games posted, just generic "4.99 game clearance" sign (it's kinda small in the corner).

A possible reason for the games being held (after me rethinking this) is that there are certain laws against bait and switch advertisements (where a store purposely under-orders or doesn't stock a sale priced item to get customers into the store to buy other stuff that costs more). It's highly possible that circuit city pulled games to meet the chainwide requirements of the ftc (is that the right agency) as said requirements are actually quite high I believe it's at least 20-40,000 chainwide for advertised items with advertised prices.

This is why you will see target ads with "low price" or bestbuy ads with the same.

I really doubt that any held games even actually exist... if they do, it won't be the hotly desired games that everyone has been bitching about. I bet those employees sweeping the floor with the list were picking up the games for themselves, thier friends, and family.

I really doubt that there will be any games save a couple old sports titles come tommorow morning.

At my local Circuit City, the employees were absolutely clueless about the sale. When I bought a few games last weekend, the cashier was flabbergasted that I had somehow managed to find a bunch of $4.99 games. I don't think they had any time to put games aside. They had a bin set up this week, but all they had left was old sports games.

Well what usually happens is we get a shipment in that is specifically for the sale for the next week. That we are suppose to hold in the back until the ad comes out.

They wouldnt of pulled games off of the shelf.

Im sure they will have plenty of gamebreaker 2001's in stock lol.

I don't think bait and switch ads comes into play here. The ad says select titles and varies by store. They could have 10 copies of Madden 2002 and 50 copies of Disney Skate Advetnure and it still wouldn't be bait and switch or false advertising.

[quote name='suprsaiyanMAX']I don't think bait and switch ads comes into play here. The ad says select titles and varies by store. They could have 10 copies of Madden 2002 and 50 copies of Disney Skate Advetnure and it still wouldn't be bait and switch or false advertising.[/quote]
I think he means like "What of the store had already sold out of ALL sale games?"

I may be a fool, but I somehow trustedhe CC that I went to when the employee said that the games had been taken to the back until Sunday. The employees there seem honest and always acurately mark down games when prices fluctuation: Remember the "unadvertised" sale from late last year? All games at my CC had new price tags. ALL of them.

Oh, and OT, but does anyone know if Escape from Monkey Island (PS2) is included in the sale?

I could've sworn that I saw Escape from monkey island in the $4.99 bin at my CC, hopefully it's included so you can pick it up, but then again I grabbed some other games from the bin that rang up as normal price....

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I gots that game (Escape from Monkey Island) rung up on Sunday and it was $14.99.[/quote]

This man speaks the truth. What's strange though is that EFMI rang up at like $8 a few months ago at CC but I passed on it back then. So the price has actually gone up.

It should have been somwhere around $8 back in May or whenever they had the $5-20 discount on their games. A couple of the current $5 clearance games were like $3.

At the 9 Southern California stores I surveyed, by which I meant swept clear of anything I desired or could quickly exploit to my evil ends, I saw nothing to suggest any stock had been withdrawn from the displays.

I have a day off from work tomorrow.

I still want to find out if I should hit da Circuit City at opening, or come later on in the day. I have no idea when you CC people stock yo stuff.

WIth Escape from Monkey Island... thones at my store had those damn "CC Value Game" stickers over the UPCs, but I though that maybe the games with those stickers were all magically being clearanced at $4.99 at the same time.

[quote name='Requiem']I have a day off from work tomorrow.

I still want to find out if I should hit da Circuit City at opening, or come later on in the day. I have no idea when you CC people stock yo stuff.[/quote]

Go early or don't bother.

[quote name='epobirs'][quote name='Requiem']I have a day off from work tomorrow.

I still want to find out if I should hit da Circuit City at opening, or come later on in the day. I have no idea when you CC people stock yo stuff.[/quote]

Go early or don't bother.[/quote]

w0rd, otherwise people like me will have cleared out the whole store if the sale actually happens

all the stores near me are getting shipments in on Sunday from there warehouses so that means theres still a chance for some decent games
:eek: so dont give up already on finding some great games

Tomorrow morning I'll grab the newspaper and head over to the bagel shop a few doors down from the local CC for some breakfast and a dozen to bring home. I'll be at CC's door when they opened for the day and will know in a few minutes whether I should continue to the other area CCs or go back home for a leisurely day of installing and testing my new $60 8X DVD burner from Fry's. Worst case scenario is a spend the whole day like last Sunday going to every CC in the area to find those few remaining titles I desire.

Either way is fine with me. Since last Sunday I've acquired 32 new games, given several gifts, and turned over enough to pay for everything including the gas. THere isn't much that can go wrong with respect to CC for me.

[quote name='Querjek']WIth Escape from Monkey Island... thones at my store had those damn "CC Value Game" stickers over the UPCs, but I though that maybe the games with those stickers were all magically being clearanced at $4.99 at the same time.[/quote]

Same here, however, I also found a copy of Activision Anthology that had the same kind of Value Game sticker. When I talked to the guy at the store, he said that he had received permission (when he asked about it) to price match those games that SHOULD be $4.99 down. Long story short, I got Monkey Island for $5 today. :D This will probably be VERY YMMV though.

A buddy of mine just called me and said he was in Circuit City looking at computers (he knew nothing of the $5 clearance) and a clerk mentioned to him that "he should come in tomorrow morning because we have a whole bunch of games in back that will be $5."

So, my friend (a non-gamer) thought to call me to give me the scoop :lol:

Anyway, I hope they have something . . . it will have to be shipment not stuff that they pulled . . . I (and others) cleaned them out!

You have to be careful and make sure they scan the right location. I was adding up my receipts and found an anomaly in that the number of games multiplied by $4.99 plus tax was a little over $16 lower than the total of my receipts. After some searching I found the Star Wars: Obi Wan I had was rung at $19.99.

They'll either refund the difference or the entirety tomorrow morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back