Circuit City / Target / Best Buy video game prices : 1/13/08 - 1/19/08

JokerCard

CAGiversary!
Since Speedy isn't here for a couple of weeks, I thought Id give you the CC flyer in the style of Speedy's ad posts.

iconcircuitcity.gif
Circuit City
iconcircuitcity.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good Day DVDTalkers and Circuit City watchers!

And a Special Shout Out To All My Friends at CAG!

I’ve got the Circuit City circular for 1/13/08 - 1/19/08 in my hands.

Please be aware of the following:

*The Wii is NOT listed in the ad
* 36 Months No Interest on all TV or Installation purchases 999 and up
* Free Sharp Blu-Ray player with purchase of a Sharp Aqous HDTV
* Save $300 instantly on any HDTV purchase of $999 and up when you activate DirectTV service
* Save $100 instantly on any HDTV when you activate HD digital Cable
* No interest for 90 days on all purchases $99 and up
* Pre-order Lost Odyssey and receive exclusive bonus content
* All Sandisk MP3 players on sale
* Free McAfee internet security software with purchase of any tax software
* Free Doom3 or Quake 4 with purchase of any monitor of projector
* free HP photo paper with purchase of 2 HP inks
*buy one get one free on all Canon, Epson, and Lexmark photo paper
*Free installation on all in-dash car stereos $99 and up and all overhead mobile video

As always, ask any questions and I'll respond as soon as I can.

Video Games:

Xbox 360

MX vs ATV :Untamed >>>> 49.99 ++++

Mass Effect >>>> $59.99

NCAA 08 >>>> $49.99

Beowulf >>>> $19.99

Rock Band (Game Only) >>>> $59.99

Circle of Doom >>>> $59.99

Need for Speed Prostreet >>>> $59.99

PS3

MX vs ATV :Untamed >>>> $49.99

NCAA 08 >>>> $49.99

Beowulf >>>> $19.99

Rock Band (game only) >>>> $59.99

Unreal Tournament >>>> $59.99

Need for Speed Prostreet >>>> $59.99

Wii

Nights >>>> $49.99

Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law >>>> $39.99
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Miscellaneous:

:ps2:Guitar Hero 2 Bundle $49.99

Guitar Hero controller + Guitar Hero III $84.99

PS3 Blu-Ray remote >>>> $19.99

Component AV cable for PS3 >>>> $19.99

Pelican afterglo PS2 controller >>>> $9.99

Datel 64mb Ps2 memory card >>>> $19.99

PS3 40gb >>>> $399

PS2 >>>> $129.99

PC GAMES:

:pc:Call of Duty 4 $39.99
:pc:Crysis $39.99
:pc:The Sims 2 :Seasons $19.99
:pc:The Sims 2: Bon Voyage $19.99

icontarget.gif
Target
icontarget.gif

Video Games

:360:Assassin's Creed $38
:ps3:Assassin's Creed $38
:wii:Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 $38

iconbestbuy.gif
BEST BUY
iconbestbuy.gif

[quote name='kevzik']This is all we really have with the absense of speedmaster...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21892231@N05/sets/72157603675808448

Feel free to merge with the above ad thread.

The free $20 gift card with purchase of warcraft looks nice...

EDIT: Gamerguy text update...

:360: Xbox 360 Games / Accessories

Circle of Doom >>>>>>>>>> $59.99

DDR Universe 2 w/ dance pad >>>>>>>> $69.99

Halo 3 >>>>>>>>>>> $59.99

Kane and Lynch >>>>>>>>>> $59.99

Naruto: Rise of a Ninja >>>>>>>>>> $59.99

Scene It w/ button controllers >>>>>>>> $59.99

Spiderman: Friend or Foe >>>>>>>>> $29.99

:360:Tony Hawk's Proving Ground $39.99

Xbox 360 Wired Headset >>>>>>>> $19.99

Xbox 360 Play and Charge Kit >>>>>>>>>>> $19.99

:wii: Wii Games

High School Musical: Sing It! w/ mic >>>>>>>> $59.99

Mario Party 8 >>>>>>>> $49.99

**The Wii Console is NOT listed in this ad

:ps3: PlayStation 3 Games

Call of Duty 4 >>>>>>>>>> $59.99

College Hoops 2K8 >>>>>>>>>>> $39.99

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter >>>>>>>> $39.99

Madden 08 >>>>>>>>>>>> $49.99

NBA 2K8 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> $39.99

Rainbow Six Vegas >>>>>>>>> $39.99

Ratchet and Clank Future >>>>>>>>>> $59.99

Unreal Tournament 3 >>>>>>> $59.99

PS3 Console >>>>>>>>> $399.99

:ps2: PlayStation 2 Games / Accessories

Ben 10 >>>>>>>> $29.99

Buzz Trivia w/ four buzzers >>>>>>>>>>> $39.99

:ps2:Guitar Hero III $39.99

Dancing with the Stars w/ dance pad >>>>>>>>> $29.99

Dancing with the Stars GAME ONLY >>>>>>>>>>> $19.99

DDR Disney Edition w/ dance pad >>>>>>>>>>> $49.99

DDR Disney Edition GAME ONLY >>>>>>>>>>>>$29.99

MX Untamed >>>>>>>>>>> $29.99

Need for Speed ProStreet >>>>>>>>> $29.99

Spyro >>>>>>>>>>> $29.99

Sports games for $29.99:
Madden 08
NCAA Football 08
NCAA March Madness 08

PS2 Console >>>>>>>>>> $129.99

PS2 Wireless Guitar Controller (RedOctane made) >>>>>>>>> $49.99

React Dancepad >>>>>>>>>>>> $29.99

:pc: PC Games

Halo 1 >>>>>>>>> $19.99

SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition >>>>>>>> $19.99

SimCity Societies >>>>>>>> $39.99

Unreal Tournament III >>>>>>>> $49.99

World of Warcraft Strategy Collection >>>>>>>> $29.99

***World of Warcraft >>>>>>>> $19.99

***World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade >>>>>>>> $29.99

:pc:Free $20 giftcard when you buy both World of Warcraft and Burning Crusade[/quote]

[quote name='Fifth Ocean']Arrrgh. Looking to use my 10$ of any ps3 game before the end of the month. [/quote]

Same here, just need a temp price drop on a new release or something good.

Ah jeez, still no 360 console in the ad. I finally got enough money together for a console of my own and now I can't find one at any Best Buy. Of course every store I go to has about 20 Arcade consoles and a pile of 40Gig PS3s just sitting on the shelf, but they are there for a reason: No one else wants them. Looks like I'll be standing outside Sunday morning to see if I can snag something at opening. At this point I'd pick up an elite and face the wrath of my wife for it later.

[quote name='Fifth Ocean']Arrrgh. Looking to use my 10$ of any ps3 game before the end of the month. Does folklore ever go on sale? C'mon.[/quote]

I dont think thats ever been on sale -_-V

But its a great game.. its worth 49.99.. trust me.. it even has DLC

Thank you for the pics ads, couple of dvds looked interesting to buy. I'll decide later if i really need to get them later or not.

[quote name='allyourblood']better than speedy, thanks![/quote] Joker - I appreciate you filling in...

Everyone else... this is not a penis contest... so there is no need to degrade or bash Speedy in any way... He is absolutley awesome and is/has been there for us week after week with very reliable informaion that we all rely on. So even though he is out for a week or two... we should continue to appreciate what he does for us...

Because I for one will be very grateful when he returns and provides us this valuable information. Which he makes nothing on. If we are a bunch of ungrateful bitchers when he comes back... why would he want to post anything else.

Sorry if I took this out of context... but if it was meant in a spiteful way I wanted to support Speedy

My 2 cents

Somebody's posted your EXACT post on slickdeals. That's such bull. Yes, they gave the OP credit - but come on! Do a little work yourself you deal-mongers!!!

[quote name='outtie']Joker - I appreciate you filling in...

Everyone else... this is not a penis contest... so there is no need to degrade or bash Speedy in any way... He is absolutley awesome and is/has been there for us week after week with very reliable informaion that we all rely on. So even though he is out for a week or two... we should continue to appreciate what he does for us...

Because I for one will be very grateful when he returns and provides us this valuable information. Which he makes nothing on. If we are a bunch of ungrateful bitchers when he comes back... why would he want to post anything else.

Sorry if I took this out of context... but if it was meant in a spiteful way I wanted to support Speedy

My 2 cents[/quote]
+1

Speedy has been great to us and everywhere else where he posts at. He has been able to provide these ads much quicker than when I get them and even sometimes almost 2 weeks in advance. I appreciate the Thanks from everyone here, but I just decided to post this as Speedy is out for a little bit. I will not dare to replace him. After doing this, I appreciate his work even more as I realize just how much time and effort he puts into these posts.

Thanks for the thanks though

and

Happy Shopping :bouncy:

Thanks, OP! $29.99 Lost Season 3 deserves its own thread.

I don't suppose there are any coupons that can be stacked to make the deal even sweeter, are there?

[quote name='Fifth Ocean']Arrrgh. Looking to use my 10$ of any ps3 game before the end of the month. Does folklore ever go on sale? C'mon.[/quote]

I'm in the same boat.I'd really hate to NOT use the $10 off coupon (plus I have a $5 gc) before it expires.I was gonna use it for COD4 but the day I went they decided to raise the price back up from $37.99 withouth warning.

On a sidenote,$22.99 a good price for a spindle of a 100 memorex dvd+r ?

[quote name='Gden']anyone know what exactly the thing below wow and wow BC is?[/quote]

The "Strategy Collection"? Amazon lists it as a collection of three BradyGames Guides (Atlas, Master Guide and Dungeon Guide).

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Thanks, OP! $29.99 Lost Season 3 deserves its own thread.

I don't suppose there are any coupons that can be stacked to make the deal even sweeter, are there?[/quote]

I've got the same question--would this deal work with the reward zone 10% off coupon, or does that count as another "coupon or offer?"

I typed up a text format for the people who prefer that...not to replace Speedy or anything of course!

:360: Xbox 360 Games / Accessories

Circle of Doom >>>>>>>>>> $59.99

DDR Universe 2 w/ dance pad >>>>>>>> $69.99

Halo 3 >>>>>>>>>>> $59.99

Kane and Lynch >>>>>>>>>> $59.99

Naruto: Rise of a Ninja >>>>>>>>>> $59.99

Scene It w/ button controllers >>>>>>>> $59.99

Spiderman: Friend or Foe >>>>>>>>> $29.99

Tony Hawk's Proving Ground >>>>>>>>> $39.99

Xbox 360 Wired Headset >>>>>>>> $19.99

Xbox 360 Play and Charge Kit >>>>>>>>>>> $19.99

:wii: Wii Games

High School Musical: Sing It! w/ mic >>>>>>>> $59.99

Mario Party 8 >>>>>>>> $49.99

**The Wii Console is NOT listed in this ad

:ps3: PlayStation 3 Games

Call of Duty 4 >>>>>>>>>> $59.99

College Hoops 2K8 >>>>>>>>>>> $39.99

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter >>>>>>>> $39.99

Madden 08 >>>>>>>>>>>> $49.99

NBA 2K8 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> $39.99

Rainbow Six Vegas >>>>>>>>> $39.99

Ratchet and Clank Future >>>>>>>>>> $59.99

Unreal Tournament 3 >>>>>>> $59.99

PS3 Console >>>>>>>>> $399.99

:ps2: PlayStation 2 Games / Accessories

Ben 10 >>>>>>>> $29.99

Buzz Trivia w/ four buzzers >>>>>>>>>>> $39.99

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock >>>>>>>>> $39.99

Dancing with the Stars w/ dance pad >>>>>>>>> $29.99

Dancing with the Stars GAME ONLY >>>>>>>>>>> $19.99

DDR Disney Edition w/ dance pad >>>>>>>>>>> $49.99

DDR Disney Edition GAME ONLY >>>>>>>>>>>>$29.99

MX Untamed >>>>>>>>>>> $29.99

Need for Speed ProStreet >>>>>>>>> $29.99

Spyro >>>>>>>>>>> $29.99

Sports games for $29.99:
Madden 08
NCAA Football 08
NCAA March Madness 08

PS2 Console >>>>>>>>>> $129.99

PS2 Wireless Guitar Controller (RedOctane made) >>>>>>>>> $49.99

React Dancepad >>>>>>>>>>>> $29.99

:pc: PC Games

Halo 1 >>>>>>>>> $19.99

SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition >>>>>>>> $19.99

SimCity Societies >>>>>>>> $39.99

Unreal Tournament III >>>>>>>> $49.99

World of Warcraft Strategy Collection >>>>>>>> $29.99

***World of Warcraft >>>>>>>> $19.99

***World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade >>>>>>>> $29.99

*Free $20 giftcard when you buy both World of Warcraft and Burning Crusade

Spiderman for the 360... Is that a good game? $29.99 is perty decent.

Where do you guys get these coupons?

Win giftcards and game accessories here

Ok, so far I updated (after much request) With the Target video game deals that have been posted.

I will continue to update as I get the flyer in.

[quote name='outtie']

My 2 cents[/quote]

i just get tired of people saying things like "almost as good as Speedy" or "hey, you're not Speedy, but you're a close second"... yawn. Speedy is nice for posting ads when he can, but other folks' efforts have been just as good, and they deserve just as much high praise. i mean no disrespect to anyone, but the fact is, if Speedy didn't return, someone else would come in and post, just as they did during his "hiatus". we need not always compare new posters to him, as that kind of talk may discourage them from helping out in the future.

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']
On a sidenote,$22.99 a good price for a spindle of a 100 memorex dvd+r ?[/QUOTE]

At best, no, at worst, you couldn't pay me to take Memorex media.

Memorex buys media from a variety of suppliers. 95% of the time it's crap (The cheapest stuff they could source), 4% of the time it's utter crap (shiny round silver platters that resemble DVDs until you actually try to burn them and your burners freaks) and 1% of the time they actually get their hands on some good stuff.

Wait for a Sony or Verbatim sale at the same price and save yourself a huge headache down the road.

(Note: I am sure someone will reply how they've only bought Memorex media since the beginning of time and they've never had a coaster-- congratulations, you beat the odds. But seriously, when much better brands can be had for the same price on sale it's not worth playing Russian roulette with your data.)

anyone know if Best Buy is getting a new shipment of 360 pros? they are out online as well as every store around me.

Just snagged nba 2k8 today and after I printed out the 10$ off a ps3 game coupon, I got it for 30 bucks. Great game. Any basketball fan should definitely get it now (unless you already ahve it)

I am quite tempted to pick up Assasin's Creed at that price, but I'm not quite sure how good the game really is. Has everyone here enjoyed it?

[quote name='Teqonix']I am quite tempted to pick up Assasin's Creed at that price, but I'm not quite sure how good the game really is. Has everyone here enjoyed it?[/quote]

I really enjoyed Assassins Creed...it was one of my favorite games of the year...yeah some say its kinda repetitive and it may be but it was definately a lot of fun

[quote name='fart_bubble']why can't anyone just run a sale on Mass Effect?[/quote]

Yes. BioShock as well.

[quote name='piercey']Hey, can someone confirm AC for this price? I looked through the ad for Cleveland and it wasn't there, and it isn't online...[/QUOTE]

Can't confirm Cleveland (anymore), but I just ran up to my local Target and grabbed it for PS3, $38.

[quote name='Gden']anyone know what exactly the thing below wow and wow BC is?[/QUOTE]
Its a set of strategy guides, I know in the Battlechest they include a Brady guide for both the regular and Burning Crusades, so it might be those two, or the atlas they also have out. I might have missed it, but Best Buy appears to have more than just those on sale though, online also shows the timecards @ 26.99 [but so does Amazon]

I haven't seen this posted here yet and this isn't worthy of its own thread but Mass Effect is $53 at newegg.com according to there ad. Again might not be worth it with shipping but for those who are looking for a deal thats the first I have seen.

Thanks for posting this JokerCard. I price matched AC at BB and even though the $10 off any PS3 game coupon scanned in, it didn't take $10 more off (because it isn't supposed to with a price match). The CS Senior who was there isn't cool so I didn't even ask if he could give me the $10 off. I'm going back when a friend is working so other people should consider doing the same if they have nice BB employees at stores near them. AC for $28 = good stuff.http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/member.php?u=60583

I hate when adverz bother listing games at regular price when they are not new (just coming out).

It's a waste of a read.

bread's done
Back