Circuit City videogame markdowns 1/12

neocisco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
313 (100%)
This is a combination of lateness on my part and Circuit City corporate. Some of these prices have already been posted for other stores so this is pretty much a catch-up list.

:360:
Cabela's African Safari $29.99
Cabela's Alaskan Adventures $39.99
King Kong $16.96
NBA 2K7 $39.99
NHL 2K7 $54.99
Ninety-Nine Nights $29.99
Open Season $39.99
Prey $29.99
Prey collector's edition $29.99 (Not a typo)
World Series of Poker: Tournament of Champions $29.99

:ps2:
Call of Duty 3 $39.99
FIFA Soccer 07 $29.99
Fight Night Round 3 $19.99
The Godfather $29.99
Harley Davidson: Race to the Rally $19.99
Madden NFL 07 $29.99
Madden NFL 07 Hall of Fame edition $29.99 (Not a typo)
NASCAR 07 $29.99
NBA 2K7 $19.99
NCAA Football 07 $29.99
Open Season $19.99
Over the Hedge $19.99
Shrek Smash n' Crash Racing $19.99
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 $29.99
Tony Hawk's Project 8 $39.99
World Series of Poker: Tournament of Champions $19.99

:xbox:
Call of Duty 3 $39.99
OVer the Hedge $16.96

:gc:
Madden NFL 07 $29.99
Open Season $19.99
Over the Hedge $19.99

:ds:
Lost Magic $19.99
Open Season $19.99
Over the Hedge $19.99
Over the Hedge: Hammy Goes Nuts $19.99
Scurge Hive $19.99

:gba:
Need for Speed: Carbon-Own the City $19.99

We need some PS3 markdowns! I have Resistance and NBA 2k7 but there's a few other games I want. Fight Night, Tiger Woods, NHL 2K7, Ridge Racer 7.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']That Hive for DS sounds hot. I want to buy that.[/QUOTE]

Same here.... except I got too many games backlogged already. Must resist!!

[quote name='kjauburn']Thanks Neo.

Scurge Hive is tempting...[/QUOTE]

Its not good. 10 minutes after booting it up, I was pissed I spent a gift card on it.

Did any of the current $16.98 games go cheaper yet? My CC has a bunch of the $16.98 games from a couple of months ago still.

[quote name='jza1218']Its not good. 10 minutes after booting it up, I was pissed I spent a gift card on it.[/QUOTE]

What's wrong with it? I've been hearing mixed things.

I wish there were some PSP games listed, as I've got a $5 off PSP coupon.

[quote name='Wolfpup']What's wrong with it? I've been hearing mixed things.

I wish there were some PSP games listed, as I've got a $5 off PSP coupon.[/QUOTE]

The GBA version of Scurge is the one that is supposed to be good. The DS version apparently sucks.

I played Scurge. Everything the GameSpy review says about it is spot on, except that his whining about the time limit shows that he is a wimp and a failure at gaming. Everything else: passable, even at times good adventure game segments spread through dull, witless, uninteresting, and clunky combat, perfect description.

I know, we gamers love to romanticize about those "little guy" developers that put out "unloved gems." But, Scurge is one of those that is little known and rare for a good reason. It isn't entirely bad, (Which is the worst part of it all. In some masochistic fashion, if you buy it, you'll probably slog through it unless you force yourself to realize how bad it is and punt it.) but it simply doesn't deliver a game that is worth playing.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I played Scurge. Everything the GameSpy review says about it is spot on, except that his whining about the time limit shows that he is a wimp and a failure at gaming. Everything else: passable, even at times good adventure game segments spread through dull, witless, uninteresting, and clunky combat, perfect description.

I know, we gamers love to romanticize about those "little guy" developers that put out "unloved gems." But, Scurge is one of those that is little known and rare for a good reason. It isn't entirely bad, (Which is the worst part of it all. In some masochistic fashion, if you buy it, you'll probably slog through it unless you force yourself to realize how bad it is and punt it.) but it simply doesn't deliver a game that is worth playing.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'll pass

[quote name='heybtbm']The GBA version of Scurge is the one that is supposed to be good. The DS version apparently sucks.[/QUOTE]

Not from everything I've heard. They're identical, save for the screen format.

[quote name='Wolfpup']What's wrong with it? I've been hearing mixed things.

I wish there were some PSP games listed, as I've got a $5 off PSP coupon.[/quote]

Where did you get the $5 PSP coupon? I could use one of those

[quote name='MadFlava']Where did you get the $5 PSP coupon? I could use one of those[/QUOTE]

It came in a PSP mailer thing from Sony. It was a really fancy looking booklet that I sort of hated throwing away. Unfortunately I think I'm pretty well caught up on my PSP games right now. Plus Circuit City is always so slow to get games in (I could have bought EA Replay there if they'd gotten it in a month earlier).

So, how are the Cabela Safari games? ;)

Kong is tempting as I rented it and sorta enjoyed it...although, I probabyl just about finished it

[quote name='Number83']Picked up the Prey: CE yesterday. It is indeed $29.99. Thanks![/quote]

Hate to burst your bubble but Prey CE is $19.99 at bestbuy and you can use coupon to get it for $14.99

[quote name='Wolfpup']
Not from everything I've heard. They're identical, save for the screen format.[/quote]

Not really, I heard the soundtrack was better on the GBA than the DS, go figure. There are a couple other factors as well, but I'm not that interested in it anyways.

[quote name='Brian9824']Hate to burst your bubble but Prey CE is $19.99 at bestbuy and you can use coupon to get it for $14.99[/quote]
Actually, it's $29.99 for the Xbox 360 version, and $24.99 after GGC or GamePro coupon. I ended up returning the one I picked up, because the disc was badly scratched out of the box and didn't like my 360. Who ever designed that case should be beaten, putting the disc against the bare metal of the back flap. Pure genius.

[quote name='Wolfpup']It came in a PSP mailer thing from Sony. It was a really fancy looking booklet that I sort of hated throwing away. Unfortunately I think I'm pretty well caught up on my PSP games right now. Plus Circuit City is always so slow to get games in (I could have bought EA Replay there if they'd gotten it in a month earlier).[/quote]

Man, I didn't get one of those would you mind posting a scan of the coupon for your fellow CAG's

[quote name='shrike4242']Actually, it's $29.99 for the Xbox 360 version, and $24.99 after GGC or GamePro coupon. I ended up returning the one I picked up, because the disc was badly scratched out of the box and didn't like my 360. Who ever designed that case should be beaten, putting the disc against the bare metal of the back flap. Pure genius.[/quote]

Ack your right, i was thinking of the PC version. Hehe i'll take my foot out of my mouth now.

Some good deals, thanks Neo. Lost Magic deserves to be bought for $20(I already have it, but everyone else should get it).

bread's done
Back